• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are the real dangerous drugs?

Sure, I'm a little biased, being a Heroin user, but I've got an opinion on the subject. Aside from the potential for acute overdose and of course chronic constipation, Opioids are harmless. People do more damage to their bodies through poor diet, irregular sleep and poor injection technique then they do through the actual drug. Opioids make me feel great and they sometimes make me feel really shitty when I'm withdrawing, but they never completely rob me of who I am.

On the other hand, when I see folks who are dependent upon stimulants like Crack Cocaine or Amphetamines, I flinch at how obviously fucked up they are. It's like so undeniable based upon their experience, their body language, how they talk, how they dress and everything else. Their behavior is so erratic that I hate even having to talk to them for 5 minutes in the course of scoring. "Be quiet!" "Did you just see that?" "Why can't you just loan me 20 FUCKING DOLLARS?". It's always something. Opiate addicts might be kind of abbrasive or even assholes, but they seem to lack the trademark insanity of stimulant addicts which is how I like it.

This goes without mentioning the physical effects of stimulant use. Staying awake for days, not eating at all, hydrating inadequately, neglecting basic hygiene. I don't see how stimulant abuse is even comparable to Opioid use.

While I'll admit I dont' know heroin from the perspective you do as I've never touched it and never will, don't you think the bolded statement is going just a LITTLE bit overboard????

Surely if opioids were harmless they would not have killed so many people...

I might be willing to buy that Heroin (without Fentanyl in it) isn't AS dangerous overall as the media makes it out to be, but I have to assume SOME of its' reputation as being dangerous is at least PARTIALLY based on truth.

Last edited:
Also, people keep saying RCs are so dangerous but I've heard a lot of people say that ones like 4-ACO DMT are quite safe (assuming you know what you are getting).

Aren't there quite a few "safe" RCs out there which, so long as you are getting what you think you are, are non habit forming and not neurotoxic??

While I'll admit I dont' know heroin from the perspective you do as I've never touched it and never will, don't you think the bolded statement is going just a LITTLE bit overboard????

Surely if opioids were harmless they would not have killed so many people...

I might be willing to buy that Heroin (without Fentanyl in it) isn't AS dangerous overall as the media makes it out to be, but I have to assume SOME of its' reputation as being dangerous is at least PARTIALLY based on truth.

Yea, I agree. Calling Opioids harmless is probably going a little overboard. Let me provide you with the context in which I was working. We all know Opioids can actually kill quite easily, but I was essentially trying to speak to the chronic effects of Opioid use. Kind of like how the main issue with Tobacco doesn't come directly after smoking a cigarette, it generally comes after years of exposure. Nicotine, we know is a carcinogen and is thus terrible for you. Opioids, at least those of which I know, are not toxic. There are some synthetics like Pethidine (Demerol) that are known to produce toxic effects after prolonged administration, but things like this are the exception.

Part of why I said that so explicitly, and I was probably irresponsible to do so, was because I got into a pretty heated argument with a couple of coworkers who drink Alcohol pretty excessively like 4-5 days a week. They were both hungover and I told them it's "a symptom of introducing poison into your body, you guys would be better off using Heroin than drinking like you do". Naturally, like religion and politics, discussing your hard drug use with "normies" invariably leads to bullshit. They found my statement that Alcohol was more acutely harmful to the body than Opioids, hilarious. It's a little aggravating, so I came home with a little chip on the shoulder.

When we discuss drugs like Methamphetamine, Cocaine and Alcohol, they all have their respective negative impacts on the body in the acute and chronic sense; neurotoxicity, Cardiovascular Stress and the myriad effects of Alcohol metabolism respectively, among others. What do Opioids cause? Constipation and depression upon cessation, which it seems is for the most part, reversible with abstinence.

Now, please don't flame me people. Accidents can happen no matter how safe you are, but in general, if you follow basic safety procedures you can really minimize the risk of death or injury. If you do 4 bags every time you pick up regardless of quality, you have a high likelihood of eventually overdosing. If you do the smart thing and test one, then do the other 3 if needed, then you have less chance of catastrophe. Opioids are powerful and can kill easily, but it's not like this shit happens by some accident of nature. You overdose because you have introduce entirely too much Opiate into your system at once.

So, I guess I should have clarified. Opiates including Heroin are very dangerous, but if you take some simple precautions, there's no reason why you can't live a long, (and relatively) happy life.

Please keep in mind, some RCs may seem safe as far as no unwanted side effects, but it's a research chemical at the end of the day! We don't know if these drugs cause long term damage, as most of these chemicals have not been tested in humans, rats if your lucky, and to what extent!? For all we know, these super cool RCs and alternatives could be carcinogenic. ..

Here's a nice little chart for your guys:

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

Source

I don't necessarily agree with it though.

^ yeah that chart isn't so good. As I've said in other threads, methamphetamine is one of the most socially corrosive drugs there is, at least in the United States (and, from some of the rather hysterical reports I've been reading from Australia, probably there as well...). There is a strong element of anti-social crime/behavior within the illicit methamphetamine community, so it doesn't make any sense to me personally why the "harm to others" bar is so small for it...even cannabis has a stronger anti-social element according to that chart!

I definitely don't think that cannabis is somehow more harmful than benzodiazepines or MDMA, either. But maybe I'm just not familiar with drug use in the UK.

Keif On the other hand, when I see folks who are dependent upon stimulants like Crack Cocaine or Amphetamines, I flinch at how obviously fucked up they are. It's like so undeniable based upon their experience, their body language, how they talk, how they dress and everything else. Their behavior is so erratic that I hate even having to talk to them for 5 minutes in the course of scoring. "Be quiet!" "Did you just see that?" "Why can't you just loan me 20 FUCKING DOLLARS?". It's always something. Opiate addicts might be kind of abbrasive or even assholes, but they seem to lack the trademark insanity of stimulant addicts which is how I like it.

How dare you. I was an opiate addict before a stim + opiate addict before straight stim "addict". Stims alone definitely the worst for becoming a douchebag. Goddammit now Im fantasizing of oxy + amp too. Keif, Im feeling old too. Cuz although I want, I shall abstain.

Last edited:
How dare you. I was an opiate addict before a stim + opiate addict before straight stim "addict". Stims alone definitely the worst for becoming a douchebag. Goddammit now Im fantasizing of oxy + amp too. Keif, Im feeling old too. Cuz although I want, I shall abstain.

KC, I couldn't help taking an opportunity to rip on stimulant users, because, after all, I'm so much better than they are ;). It's like politics to a certain degree. Each side has gripes about the other. I just want to make clear that there's no judgment or disdain in my statement. I don't think that stimulant users are bad people, I just think the stimulants can really wreck their personality. Opioids can to, but I feel like they wreck your personality more just through cravings and the need to quickly acquire money, which tends to cause problems.

I was just kidding a bit but seriously personality-wise, stims take the cake. I dont even consider them addictive per se, they just change who you are when taken long term that feeds your want for more, so you dont forget who you "are". Opiates of course can too, but they make anything bareable and feed their own need for going in our mouths, noses, and veins. And you feel like death when quitting opiates, stims you sleep and eat like a normal human does when you quit.