• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are the real dangerous drugs?

is crystal meth really that dangerous?people i know in uk think this is the worst you can be on..

Depends on what you mean by dangerous. Meth/amphetamines aren't particularly dangerous physically. I think destructive is a better term for amphetamine abuse. So IMO no meth/amphetamines aren't necessarily dangerous.

The actual dangerous ones that pose serious health threats are stuff like RC's, cocaine/crack, and some opiates (mainly when used intravenously). Benzodiazepines I would say are dangerous in terms of physiological addiction potential.

is crystal meth really that dangerous?people i know in uk think this is the worst you can be on..
Crystal Meth is without a doubt the most damaging to your body. It is literally a solvent. Sniffing it on the regular tears up and breaks down your nose and teeth. It's corrosive, so when you smoke it frequently it really, really fucks up your teeth. It's more neurotoxic than cocaine or crack... Long term usage will permanently fuck up your metabolism, it's terrible for your immune system.... The list goes on. Obvoiusly the cleaner the product the less damaging to the body. If you were to just parachute the purest shit you could find you'd probably be pretty safe, after all, they do prescribe the stuff. But the crystal on the streets tends to be pretty nasty. IMO Smoking Meth is the most addictive ROA, there's just something about it.

Benzodiazepines are IMO the most addictive (then again I have terrible anxiety and insomnia, so they really get the best of me). I've been using copious amounts 6mg+ Xanax or Klonopin or Ativan at least 3 times a week for the past 3 years, and I can say while Benzos are a miracle drug, the rebound anxiety and insomnia suck. Also, you can become not only mentally dependent on benzos, but so physically addicted that abruptly discontinuing usage could lead to seizures, feinting, muscle spasms, vomiting and even death.

I find cocaine and crack to be the most compulsive drugs, but not addicting. Then again, that could just be my brain chemistry.

I can't imagine somebody getting addicting to psychedelics.

Opiates are my savoir and damnation. If you're taking real clean pharm grade opiates that don't have APAP or any other NSAID in them there is very little damage to your body. The problem with opiates is that they are so insidious. You aren't addicted until all the sudden you are. And I haven't been able to kick them in over 5 years, when I can stop anything else. And watch out for Fentanyl, that shit is unbelievably strong.

Marijuana: Not addicting, habit forming.

Barbiturates were real dangerous, that's why they've been taken off the market (for the most part, I think you can still occasionally run into the lesser barbs)

All that said, I think the most dangerous drug to use would be any powder procured from a source you don't know, you'll never know the cut. And a lot of it depends on your brain chemistry. I have friends who can't stop sniffing yayo, while I could do it daily for a year and be glad to stop, meanwhile I miss my opiate dose and I'm a fucking mess.

Also, Alcohol. Possibly the second most dangerous after meth (if we aren't counting tobacco). Not only is alcohol as addicting as benzodiazepines (as in you can die from going gold turkey if your habit was large enough), you can die from alcohol poisoning a lot easier than overdosing on benzos, plus mixing alcohol with any sort of other drug can be real, real dangerous. It's available and cheap everywhere, it's socially acceptable. And if you drink it and drive you're lucky if you don't kill yourself or others.

Forgot to mention: ROA plays a large role in the level of safety (or lack their of) during your drug consumption.

Smack isn't half as bad as people make it out to be, it's practically Mother's Milk, that said if you're buying a bag and IVing your shit you better take a fuckin tester shot before you go for the nod, that is, if you enjoy being alive.

And as for RCs, it's hard to call RCs a class of drugs, because Research Chemicals encompass nearly every class of psychoactive substances there are. Do your homework. Know your supplier. Avoid powders unless you have one of those scales that goes to like 0.0000. Just do your homework, basically.

Last edited:
for the record methamphetamine is available by prescription. (in the US at least.)

If someone were to use drugs, I would avoid all the research chemicals and hallucinogens. A lot of RCs are bath salts which are cathinones and very neurotoxic stimulants , most Molly is sold as bath salts and not RCs. I have ate blotter acid and I would bet RC drugs were dissolved in water or solution and dipped blotter paper in it. I have had 2-ce and literally half of a match head of powder orally is enough for a heavy trip, what if people dissolve this shit and dip blotter on it and sell as acid? Avoid hallucinogens and RCs and ecstasy pills if u don't know if its true MDMA...I believe amphetamines change ur brain chemistry and can make one develop ADHD ...

I think RCs have got a bad reputation mostly from the branded products which don't list the ingredients. That and people using way too much because their drug experiences have previously been with street sourced crap which is cut and/or poor quality. It is truly horrifying to think of back when MDPV appeared in a bunch of bath salt brand products, and even though it was diluted, people still cracked open the bag and snorted HUGE lines - and then went batshit insane. And that shit is still happening, but with other RCs cannabinoids have become unpredictable, very dangerous, and increasingly unlike actual cannabis at all.

So the 'real' dangerous drugs are all and any of them depending on the user's knowledge of the substance; its contents, how to use it safely, and how much to use.

Sadly, whether it's RCs posing as branded products, or drugs bought from a dealer or on the street, most of the time people don't really know what they're getting.

Opiates are binine and the most non toxic and safest drug for your body, shooting and snorting is a choice we use that can bee harmful so obviously shooting heroin will have complications. The only. Dangers of opiates is risk of overdose and dependency.which can be avoided . Stimulants are neurotoxic and dangerous

Methamphetamine, strong opiates/opioids, benzo's, alcohol, cigarettes, PCP (if you happen to know someone who's actually hooked on PCP, because most general info about the drug that gets around is false.), and finally research chemicals. However I do have to say that 'research chemical' is too broad of a term, I'd rather just say "and finally any drug that you don't know jack shit about and have no way to find out other than to try it."

This thread seems to be answered in my opinion, and again I'll add, stimulants in general , from cocaine, to Adderall all the way to crystal meth and khat, they are neurotoxic and very damaging to your health mentally emotionally physically.

for the record methamphetamine is available by prescription. (in the US at least.)
Very true, it's called "Desoxyn", methamphetamine hydrochloride tablets. Prescribed for extreme cases of ADHD, or stimulant sensitive individuals" also for narcolepsy and severe obesity. Correct me if I'm wrong. But is it (Dex)methamphetamine
????

Of course my drug of choice is mentioned several times like usual in like every thread regarding which drug is the "most dangerous," "damaging" "toxic" "the worst" "dirtiest" etc. lol. I'm a heavy daily meth user and I won't fuck with research chemicals I think they are like straight poison to the brain and like many others mentioned already, the fact that nobody knows what the fuck is in them or what long term health effects they can cause is pretty scary IMO. Fuck that shit.

Oh the absolute WORST drug of all that kills brain cells faster than anything is huffing cheap shit you buy at the store like glue, paint, aerosol cans, keyboard cleaner etc.

Oh the absolute WORST drug of all that kills brain cells faster than anything is huffing cheap shit you buy at the store like glue, paint, aerosol cans, keyboard cleaner etc.
Yeah, those should be entirely avoided(no motter how desperate you are to get high), I'm lucky to be alive and well after some serious freon(from a.c. units),air duster,gasoline and assorted other binges as a teen(mostly freon though is what I did).There is absolutely no known safe dose and the next hit might kill you. Serioulsly, if anybody out there is considering the shit, just don't FUCKING do it.

Yeah, well I will agree that inhalants cause very severe brain damage and it happens fast. But meth... yeeesh. It still acts fast to decimate your mental and physical health. Like yeah yeah all drugs affect the brain, but meth attacks it beyond anything I've ever known. I sure wasn't prepared for it, and this is coming from someone with 20 years injecting experience, who used meth before ice became a thing, then opiates and whatever.

Even after going through 20 year needle fixation, 19 years of violently nauseous reactions to any talk of meth, 2 healthcare degrees and much private study on neurology and pharmacology, I got addicted to ice and f*** me dead did it floor me ASAP. Made me feel like I was dying a slow death, and that's smoking not hitting up. I had to buy a mirror so it would always be right in my face what I was doing to myself.

You lose the ability to think, and become seriously retarded. I became a walking OCD/ADHD case who has to write down every thought I may need to recall at any point, as soon as I think it. I can't plan, I can't organise the simplest thing. I have ongoing strategies to just live my life. Meth IS a hell of a drug.

I mean, all drugs can have bad effects. Opiates are a hell to get off of, alcohol causes some pretty bad damage over time, but nothing compares to the fast takedown that meth has on the body and mind. (Except inhalants make a normal person act like they legit got lobotomised, and that never heals, ever. But that should be a no go zone from the start.)

It really depends who is asking- if you've got an addicitive personality, mental illness, genetic predisposition towards addiction, and/or certain personality traits, then I'd advise avoid all drugs except maybe pot.

If I'm talking to someone without any of the above traits, I'd say avoid crack and heroin and use others with extreme caution and moderation.

Then again, if someone isn't sure which drugs are the risky ones, they should probably avoid all drug use (at least for now), as this suggests a naivety that makes using anything dangerous.

Avoid crack. Avoid heroin. Especially avoid taking heroin and Xanax at the same time. Avoid MDPV. Avoid super potent, easy to overdose shit like DOC and fentantyl and fentanyl analogues. Avoid GHB.

Sure, I'm a little biased, being a Heroin user, but I've got an opinion on the subject. Aside from the potential for acute overdose and of course chronic constipation, Opioids are harmless. People do more damage to their bodies through poor diet, irregular sleep and poor injection technique then they do through the actual drug. Opioids make me feel great and they sometimes make me feel really shitty when I'm withdrawing, but they never completely rob me of who I am.

On the other hand, when I see folks who are dependent upon stimulants like Crack Cocaine or Amphetamines, I flinch at how obviously fucked up they are. It's like so undeniable based upon their experience, their body language, how they talk, how they dress and everything else. Their behavior is so erratic that I hate even having to talk to them for 5 minutes in the course of scoring. "Be quiet!" "Did you just see that?" "Why can't you just loan me 20 FUCKING DOLLARS?". It's always something. Opiate addicts might be kind of abbrasive or even assholes, but they seem to lack the trademark insanity of stimulant addicts which is how I like it.

This goes without mentioning the physical effects of stimulant use. Staying awake for days, not eating at all, hydrating inadequately, neglecting basic hygiene. I don't see how stimulant abuse is even comparable to Opioid use.

^ I KIND OF agree with some of what you said there, as I've known many meth users in my day and I've "dabbled" myself, so I agree with what you say regarding how they look & act, but did you see that one article posted in the DitM subforum about how somewhere around 25% of opiate addicts die within [some arbitrary time frame], whereas for meth users it was somewhere in the low single-digits? I've only known one person in my personal life who suffered a fatal methamphetamine overdose (and he was saved in the emergency room); on the other hand, I've known many people who've OD'd from opiates (+ some other "downer"), some fatally.

Opiates are binine and the most non toxic and safest drug for your body, shooting and snorting is a choice we use that can bee harmful so obviously shooting heroin will have complications. The only. Dangers of opiates is risk of overdose and dependency.which can be avoided . Stimulants are neurotoxic and dangerous

Before you said that everyone should avoid hallucinogens, but Shrooms are hallucinogens and are generally quite safe.

So are you really saying you think that Heroin and other extremely strong opiates are benign but psychedelics like Shrooms or LSD (if it is REAL LSD) are more dangerous than Heroin??!!

I would have a hard time believing you even think that.

But aside from the answer that whatever drug you have the most problems with is the most dangerous, in terms of most likely to either kill you or cause life altering physical and mental complications and addiction, the following drugs are usually those that come to mind for me first:

Fentanyl
Heroin
Nbomes
Daturas and Scopalomine/Atropine containing plants (Belladonna, Mandrake Root, Henbane, Datura Metel, Jimson Weed, etc)
Meth
Crack
inhalants like paint thinner, gasoline, glue, etc

And certainly I feel that good old cigarettes are quite dangerous, IMO maybe more dangerous than alcohol which isn't safe at all either.

I'm glad I've never smoked cigarettes and never will.

Last edited: