• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the consequences of meth? (opinions from users)

Fried brain,damage on heart,kidneys and heart...liver also,addiction,mental health problems,libido problems,eventually law problems...so a lot of problems,if meth grabs you and cicling you years&years

Ime, all of the bad side effects from overconsumption of meth were acute, and went away with time. But I have met some heavy meth users in rehabs and other places that clearly must've burnt out some dopamine receptors, because they can hardly crack a smile anymore and it's like the light in their eyes has gone out, even after years of abstinence from it.

That said, I have ADHD, and I really can't function without my dextroamp. I'm not sure how big of a role my extended use of meth plays into that. With that said I haven't used the stuff in quite some time (have only used it once in the past year) and I'm rather happy for that. Meth can damage your brain seriously, given enough chronic heavy use, I've seen it firsthand and there are definitely plenty of horror stories out there.
Is using meth once a month going to have adverse affects on your brain, heart, testosterone?

Is using meth once a month going to have adverse affects on your brain, heart, testosterone?
It's the most sticky substance for me.Try to not use at all.Too risky.....but that's me.....anyway better use some adhd drugs or even snorting coke,than using meth....Once in month,two-three times in month,once in a week&finally u fall in trap.A lot of people go that way.....very quickly....till blinkin' of ur eye u could be in shithole.Careful man🙏Please!!!

I'd say yes, but it depends how it is used, how much, how long binge.
So to give some background, I am 40 years old now. I am fairly active & athletic. I have been slamming (IV) since 2020. I do it once a month, come what may. So nearly 9-10 times a year.
2020 - 7 times,
2021 - 8 times,
2022 - 10 times (from Aug 2022, I tried to shift to snorting or drinking with water, instead of IV)
2023 - 2 times (both times snorting)

On the occasion I slam, I'm talking about 2-3 slams in one night. One slam = 10 units of meth powder in a 1ml syringe, or 100mg. So 300mg for one night or 30 units. Which is done once a month.

My observation - I feel like I have been losing more hair. My interest in sex has reduced. Both could be due to age and genetic factor & can't 100% attribute to meth. However I feel meth has a role to play.

I trekked in the Himalayas last year and ran two half-marathons this year.

i just want to know if using the above qty once a month will have any affect on my long term health?

It's the most sticky substance for me.Try to not use at all.Too risky.....but that's me.....anyway better use some adhd drugs or even snorting coke,than using meth....Once in month,two-three times in month,once in a week&finally u fall in trap.A lot of people go that way.....very quickly....till blinkin' of ur eye u could be in shithole.Careful man🙏Please!!

It's the most sticky substance for me.Try to not use at all.Too risky.....but that's me.....anyway better use some adhd drugs or even snorting coke,than using meth....Once in month,two-three times in month,once in a week&finally u fall in trap.A lot of people go that way.....very quickly....till blinkin' of ur eye u could be in shithole.Careful man🙏Please!!!
Does my routine also have an adverse affect?

Meth can be used fairly responsible by very few people. And those people can and do often lose control after a while. Not all people slip and fall, but I would say most probably do.

If you're like me you learn your limit and then go as far beyond that limit with absolutely no regard to your health and wellbeing. You lose almost all of your friends and family and then isolate and hide from anyone still in your life. You can't hold a job. You won't do anything you enjoy because you don't feel like you deserve any amount of happiness.

You don't change your clothes for 10+ days and what does the word "shower" mean? At least you still floss daily, brush twice a day using mouthwash, and you rinse after every time using. Buuuuut you have open wounds all over your tongue from the meth and your teeth grinding so you can't eat solid food for weeks and have to live on meal replacement drinks with meal supplement drinks to keep going, if you even care to take care of yourself. Often you'll just go days without any sort of nutrition... until you stop using long enough to heal, l get a few meals, then do it all again.

You don't leave the house if you even have a place to live anymore. Your body is covered in brutal, deep pick marks, all of your clothes and sheets have bloodstains everywhere and there's often blood all over your mirrors and bathroom from pick marks that you didn't notice were bleeding at all.

The wounds often become infected and swell and ooze pus and sometimes get so bad that OTC antiseptic and medicinal ointments don't work so you have to go to urgent care and get a prescription antibiotic. It can even go septic if you keep doing it but I've not had that come up het.

And if you're like me, you're hyper aware of yourself and your addiction and that you need to quit and heal and recover for good but your mental health makes it impossible to go for more than 3 months at a time before you drave the absolute despair of the drugs so much that you relapse. Every relapse is even more dangerous and each period of active addiction sees your doses increase exponentially.

So yeah. That's my experience with meth. Only things I don't do for it are commit crimes or sell any of my shit to fund it. I'll rob dealers and other users until someone puts an end to me if I have to, though. I prefer to snatch and run without any trouble but I've gone well beyond that to get a fix.

And I'm to the point I'm about to get on the needle. I used to shoot heroin and speedballs so it wouldn't be a difficult transition from smoking. I know I shouldn't but every time I use pushes me close.

I know all HR techniques and love to learn about any new ones that come about, and I teach others how to be as safe as possible every single time I can, but I don't practice any of the HR techniques when I am using.

Don't ever touch this shit if you haven't already. If you aren't hooked yet, stop before it gets you.

Last edited:
IMO any drug can be used responsibly, including so-called "evil" drugs (at least in media terms) like fentanyl; fentanyl is a life-saving medication in people with terminal cancer and certain clinical settings. The same goes for meth. I have used meth responsibly as part of my self-medication for ADHD. I've never abused it; it's all about the mindset, self-control, self-discipline, and accountability.

Unless you're one of those people who chases that one extra high, one extra euphoria, any drug could cause harm, not just meth. It's just that meth is one of the easiest ones to abuse (due to it being inexpensive, easily accessible, and one of the most potent psychoactive substance).

I used it around 20 times in university a long time ago, and the first exposure was the best thing ever, an expert used a syringe on me. very positive playful
Most uses were nasal insufflated (snorted) leading to emotional confusion, but astonishing expositive art works of my mind working through concepts obsessively by sticking messages on the wall and interlinking them with arrows and drawings. mental explosion fascinating and vigorously psychedelic
I tried to share my adoration of it with my girlfriend and we broke up. relationship chaos
It helped me study and ace some science subjects that I was already passionate about. productivity and excellence (*)
Then I stopped as I believed it was unhealthy and was not helping any more, while a good friend stopped as well at the same time. collaborative quitting
A friend who later died and made his own meth sent me a sample and I loved it (8 yrs ago). I wish I had more, darn.
I tried ethylphenidate and found it annoying in recent years. (-7yrs ago ) mehh
yesterday I found ephedrine in a health food store and an 8mg pill which I took for congestion showed a bit of promise, but it was not exciting really - but I am thinking of insufflation to get a more buzzy effect perhaps. although as I am over 70 yrs old it may not be a good move. (???)

(*)
The concept that I worked out 48 years ago while using meth kept circulating in my mind and I finally was able to articulate it precisely in JavaScript - so my belief is that it should be studied more under medical supervision in conjunction with rigorous academic pursuits. I may not be on the bell curve creativity wise, but I have a sweet spot in my heart for this chemical though I fear it is not good for my heart at the same time. Clearly it works well for pleasure seeking, but it is also like stealing from the gods.

yeah, the little ephedrine pills from the health food store can be crushed and snorted for a more recreational decongestant.

Ephedrine.....never got some nice feelings from it.far more jittery,than coffea....we've got some antitussive otc syrop contains only ephedrine&dionine(aethylmorhine).......worthless shit....for sportsman imo some nonregular use of ephedrine could be in some favour-loosing weight(along with cardio activity&proper nutrition and rest).Decades back all available ephedrine in form of pills or paste quickly turn into methcathinone

Last edited:
I'm not a chronic user, but I've used enough Amphetamines to know a thing or two.

Methamphetamine will destroy your life, take your youth, your beauty, your teeth, your dignity, then your sanity, then death.

It is absolutely no joke. Y.ou're all talking to a guy who injected Heroin for years. I thought that practice was fucked up. When I see all the Meth people running around town, it sends a shiver down my spine. It's a drug that truly scares me in what it does to people.

an update 3 days in to my ephedrine exploration.
the health food store sells 4EVERFIT ephedrine bottles of 50 8mg pills as an oral decongenstant.
I am crushing 1 pill per day and making 6 lines as nose treats.
This is a bit like microdosing speed - and I feel a mild cardiocentric body stone from it, and a smooth mental alertness as well as some allergy relief.

IMO there is no danger in this usage of the stimulant. but I will check in over time to see if it sticks as a habit or whatevery
so in spite of the myriad warnings https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-847/ephedra

I've been researching what is media exaggeration to try and keep people at bay from the drug, and what real users have found themselves to be struggling with after chronic use of the substance.

Has anyone noticed and specific negative consequences of their use--such as memory loss, permanent anhedonia (even after withdrawal phase), or etcetera? Or in almost all cases does one seem to recover in time? How has the substance changed your life for better and worse even socially/professionally? I think people should know about it because of how commonplace this heavy stimulant is becoming. I also am curious about how amphetamines true affect the brain. From what I gather so far, we do not entirely know the full consequences of methamphetamine so far.
Anhedonia is real and it’s worse than it sounds. Could be im naturally depressed as well but the depression i experienced after making it a year without was terrible.
I was gonna off myself if I didn’t change up
The meth bugs in your skin is completely bs. Never seen that on anyone.
Psychosis I think depends on the person. I’ve seen it happen with a close friend and it was surreal.
The flight or fight action takes months if not years to go away. I’ve also developed some Tourette’s like ticks that didn’t go away after a year long break.
Ive nothing some memory loss and have trouble communicating. I forget the words im looking for often. I have major difficulties urinating at times too.

stopped snorting this a month ago, but I take one or two a day for decongestant only
snorting hurts the tissues
sheesh.
real speed would be better.

The negative consequences for me are pretty clear.

Meth makes me a loner and unsociable (because nobody else I know takes drugs I stick clear of them when high)

Meth affects my cognitive skills especially memory but also my ability to write (my job involves a lot of writing)

Meth makes me forget what rthe fuck I am supposed to be doing that day (this can occur multiple days in a row leading to very low professional productivity)

Meth makes me spend a lot of money chasing sex to mix with my meth

Meth has killed all of the veins in both my arms

Meth makes me unnaturally emotional and cry frequently during comedown (this is weird because often no context for crying)

Meth prevents treatment for my psychological / psychiatric problems working properly

Meth makes me immune to meth meaning I use over a gram a day (which is pointless and expensive but probably also physically dangerous)

Meth gives me a feeling of powerlessness because I cannot say no for verfy long (this is bad for my self-esteem)

Besides all of that I think its a wonder drug!
I’ve been looking for something to relate too.. and needed to hear someone else who’s going through the same bullshit I am. I don’t even like meth, but my track marks beg to differ. Only plus side is I don’t nod at work like I would with heroin. Which I can’t find, hence the fucking meth