• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What are the consequences of meth? (opinions from users)

I've never understood why people who do meth and are also prescribed adderall/ritalin or ablify or something like that never abuse the pharmaceutical stimulants (only meth). I find adderall extremely addictive and I find myself compulsively redosing it like people do with meth. Personally, adderall is more addicting to me than opioids. But I could see how it's the opposite for most folks.

But I'll just stick to my legal adderall drug lol. Thanks guys for the repsonses. There was a disconnect bc of how common meth is on these forums and how downplayed the severity of the consequences can be. Meth is not benign, it's pretty fucking on par with the destructive level of heroin. And as an above user stated indirectly, at least with heroin you can keep your sanity generally speaking. Pretty sure because of my tendency to abuse adderall if I touched meth I'd go down real fast. Are most meth users people who initially abused adderall--like how most people on heroin started off with pharmaceutical opioids before switching?

When I first started opening the portal to substance beyond weed, I made it a rule to never jump into heroin or meth within my lifetime. Not that there aren't functional meth or heroin users, but the ones that are we don't know about because we only see the addicts ruining their lives externally giving us visibility lol. I had a friend who started dabbling in meth many years ago. Next thing was him being in the newspaper for attacking someone in public with a sword probably in meth-induced psychosis. I have the article online to prove it!

Last edited:
I've never understood why people who do meth and are also prescribed adderall/ritalin or ablify or something like that never abuse the pharmaceutical stimulants (only meth). I find adderall extremely addictive and I find myself compulsively redosing it like people do with meth. Personally, adderall is more addicting to me than opioids. But I could see how it's the opposite for most folks.

But I'll just stick to my legal adderall drug lol. Thanks guys for the repsonses. There was a disconnect bc of how common meth is on these forums and how downplayed the severity of the consequences can be. Meth is not benign, it's pretty fucking on par with the destructive level of heroin. And as an above user stated indirectly, at least with heroin you can keep your sanity generally speaking. Pretty sure because of my tendency to abuse adderall if I touched meth I'd go down real fast. Are most meth users people who initially abused adderall--like how most people on heroin started off with pharmaceutical opioids before switching?

When I first started opening the portal to substance beyond weed, I made it a rule to never jump into heroin or meth within my lifetime. Not that there aren't functional meth or heroin users, but the ones that are we don't know about because we only see the addicts ruining their lives externally giving us visibility lol. I had a friend who started dabbling in meth many years ago. Next thing was him being in the newspaper for attacking someone in public with a sword probably in meth-induced psychosis. I have the article online to prove it!
Never tried adderall before i started using meth and I still haven’t tried it. I don’t think it matters what you do before bc any drug can lead you to the next no matter what it is. I was a huge pothead before and I was always popping Xanax like they were candy I did that for years and then I tried meth and I loved it I have add undiagnosed. All of a sudden I had the motivation to work. I enjoyed the creativity it gave me for making music and it also helped me with anxiety I would always get nervous and start sweating for no reason in public places and now it doesn’t happen

Last edited:
I am also a heavy, daily user. It's no joke when I say I'm going through 2-3grams each day. It's nothing to be proud of, I can tell you that. I suffer from a lot of short term memory loss, like I will go upstairs at my house to get something and completely forget what I was going to get. Sometimes I'm easily frustrated and enraged. People will tell jokes and while everyone is laughing their ass off, I'm standing there expressionless because I didn't even listen to what they said. It's a wonder some days how I even get up and go to work, but I do. I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and hit the pipe a few times and go back to sleep. I want so badly to taper down, but the habit of doing meth is wrapped tightly around me like a serpent. I smoke 30 to 40 hits before work like it was no big deal. The longest period of time I've went without doing any meth has been maybe 4 or 5 hours, for years now. These days to get really happy on meth I smoke some good pot or take a percoset and that kicks in some hapiness. It does change you, and it's most obvious on the faces of family and friends, or do I just think they are looking at me wierd? I do way too much and I know it. The problem for me is how the hell to slow it down.

I am also a heavy, daily user. It's no joke when I say I'm going through 2-3grams each day. It's nothing to be proud of, I can tell you that. I suffer from a lot of short term memory loss, like I will go upstairs at my house to get something and completely forget what I was going to get. Sometimes I'm easily frustrated and enraged. People will tell jokes and while everyone is laughing their ass off, I'm standing there expressionless because I didn't even listen to what they said. It's a wonder some days how I even get up and go to work, but I do. I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and hit the pipe a few times and go back to sleep. I want so badly to taper down, but the habit of doing meth is wrapped tightly around me like a serpent. I smoke 30 to 40 hits before work like it was no big deal. The longest period of time I've went without doing any meth has been maybe 4 or 5 hours, for years now. These days to get really happy on meth I smoke some good pot or take a percoset and that kicks in some hapiness. It does change you, and it's most obvious on the faces of family and friends, or do I just think they are looking at me wierd? I do way too much and I know it. The problem for me is how the hell to slow it down.
The only way imo to slow dow is set limits for yourself on how much to smoke or even how much you get at one time. I try and smoke weed at the end of my peak and I’m thinking about hitting the pipe when I’ve been high all day and also I’m not gonna be worried about people staring at me the next day. The things you want to change can if you genuinely want them too.. But as long as You try that’s really all that matters. I know this substance is very good at attaching itself to everyone very differently but also very alike

You can't taper with this stuff. You literally have to quit it cold turkey. The first few days might be rough but after that mental withdrawl stuff passes and you start going to bed at a decent hour, eating healthier, you will feel so much better.
The hard part (ime) comes in those few weeks after the depression fades when life starts returning to some semblance of normalcy. Dealing with those patches of boredom without picking up again is difficult if you have constant access.

Last edited:
You can't taper with this stuff. You literally have to quit it cold turkey. The first few days might be rough but after that mental withdrawl stuff passes and you start going to bed at a decent hour, you will feel so much better. The hard part comes in the few weeks after when life starts returning to whatever normal is to you. Dealing with those patches of boredom without picking up again.
If you want to quit totally agree, he said he just wanted to slow down but idk if he meant quitting or just taking smaller doses

People have come back from far worse, but it's important to sleep and eat. Sanity imo is the most important to maintain throughout stimulant addiction because some addicts have lost it and they never seem to get it back.

I would say that if you aren't going to quit it's important to still maintain an active social life. If you're sitting in a room 24/7 on stimulants in isolation it's going to get dark real fast. Addicts always cancel social plans and flake, which in turn causes the people in your life to disappear. In time the substances won't have absolutely any positive attributes and then you'll be alone facing a problem much larger than you. I can tell you tremendously that when you're a lonely addict your use will infinitely escalate. We're social creatures and we need people close to us within our lives. Is there any other activities you enjoy doing so you can at least still be engaged in life/stay sane? Based on what you've posted so far I feel like there's already a disconnect between you and your family.

No, no disconnect. I live with my girlfriend, we have a puppy...I work 40 hours per week, get along fine with coworkers. I'm a very social person so I enjoy being around people. This isn't my first go round with meth. Last time I was off the chain and I paid a heavy price. This time its so amazing how much meth I do and do not whatsoever appear to be someone who woud do anything wrong. If you met me, you wouldn't know, wouldn't be able to tell at all. It's just that I have very good access to meth, and it's very cheap for me. I feel like I do benefit from using, but I benefit more when I do a little less. Too much, like these days, and I'm easily confused, forgetful, and tend to get distracted too easily. I'm more worried about becoming shot out like so many people around here who obviously are. I did cocaine for almost 20 years, and went to smoking it because my nose couldnt handle it anymore. Then I was going through a soapbar sized piece every 2 days. I always enjoyed getting high, I dont do it to feel like someone I'm not or any of the negative reasons others use for. But I'm doing a mind-blowing amount of meth daily, most of which is out of pure habit...

No, no disconnect. I live with my girlfriend, we have a puppy...I work 40 hours per week, get along fine with coworkers. I'm a very social person so I enjoy being around people. This isn't my first go round with meth. Last time I was off the chain and I paid a heavy price. This time its so amazing how much meth I do and do not whatsoever appear to be someone who woud do anything wrong. If you met me, you wouldn't know, wouldn't be able to tell at all. It's just that I have very good access to meth, and it's very cheap for me. I feel like I do benefit from using, but I benefit more when I do a little less. Too much, like these days, and I'm easily confused, forgetful, and tend to get distracted too easily. I'm more worried about becoming shot out like so many people around here who obviously are. I did cocaine for almost 20 years, and went to smoking it because my nose couldnt handle it anymore. Then I was going through a soapbar sized piece every 2 days. I always enjoyed getting high, I dont do it to feel like someone I'm not or any of the negative reasons others use for. But I'm doing a mind-blowing amount of meth daily, most of which is out of pure habit...

It's good that you've made it this far and still have some tangible people/things within your life still, but I can tell you this can only go on for so long without losing the good things that you've got going for you--and I think you know that. It's not a benign substance like weed, as in the ramifications of using will become more obvious in a couple of years. Your tolerance can only keep getting higher. If you're phased by the amount of meth you require to feel any effects, imagine what it will be like in 3 years.

If you refuse to quit the best thing you can do is minimize the damage. You can taper down a bit and face a bit of depression/sleepiness/ahedonia and within time you'll benefit from taking less. It will take more self control than you possibly realize you have though, and you might find yourself failing repeatedly to taper down. But it sounds like you'd really benefit from taking less meth overall. Where is your girlfriend in all this lol? Does she know or use as well? At the end of the day you wouldn't be the first person with a problem with methamphetamine abuse, but prioritizing your girlfriend and career will go a long way. Most people lose themselves entirely in stimulant abuse at one point or another because the drugs become the only reason they breathe air. BE GOOD TO YO GURL.

If you want to quit totally agree, he said he just wanted to slow down but idk if he meant quitting or just taking smaller doses
You're right he didnt say he wanted to quit lol. I took his post as a cry for help for some reason. :censored:

It's good that you've made it this far and still have some tangible people/things within your life still, but I can tell you this can only go on for so long without losing the good things that you've got going for you--and I think you know that. It's not a benign substance like weed, as in the ramifications of using will become more obvious in a couple of years. Your tolerance can only keep getting higher. If you're phased by the amount of meth you require to feel any effects, imagine what it will be like in 3 years.

If you refuse to quit the best thing you can do is minimize the damage. You can taper down a bit and face a bit of depression/sleepiness/ahedonia and within time you'll benefit from taking less. It will take more self control than you possibly realize you have though, and you might find yourself failing repeatedly to taper down. But it sounds like you'd really benefit from taking less meth overall. Where is your girlfriend in all this lol? Does she know or use as well? At the end of the day you wouldn't be the first person with a problem with methamphetamine abuse, but prioritizing your girlfriend and career will go a long way. Most people lose themselves entirely in stimulant abuse at one point or another because the drugs become the only reason they breathe air. BE GOOD TO YO GURL.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the advice tremendously. Anyone else that I could talk to about it would be on meth too and anyone who wasnt I wouldnt want to discuss it with. Im finding the hardest thing about tapering is not smoking at all the various times I do each day. My gr also gets high, not as much as me but none the less. I've already destroyed my life once letting things get out of control and I refuse to let that happen again. Premature death and living whats left of my life in a continuously deteriorating state are my fears. It doesn't make it any easier how stealthy a drug it can be. In many arenas of my life if was to be found out it would be devastating. I pull it off amazingly, but for how much longer?!? It becomes such a huge part of who you are that tapering means downsizing to the ego, and the mind to some degree. Discussing things here, on bluelight, as I have since 2010 helps a lot. Looking back at older posts of mine it seems to one degree or another, Ive always known it would and should have to end...

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the advice tremendously. Anyone else that I could talk to about it would be on meth too and anyone who wasnt I wouldnt want to discuss it with. Im finding the hardest thing about tapering is not smoking at all the various times I do each day. My gr also gets high, not as much as me but none the less. I've already destroyed my life once letting things get out of control and I refuse to let that happen again. Premature death and living whats left of my life in a continuously deteriorating state are my fears. It doesn't make it any easier how stealthy a drug it can be. In many arenas of my life if was to be found out it would be devastating. I pull it off amazingly, but for how much longer?!? It becomes such a huge part of who you are that tapering means downsizing to the ego, and the mind to some degree. Discussing things here, on bluelight, as I have since 2010 helps a lot. Looking back at older posts of mine it seems to one degree or another, Ive always known it would and should have to end...

I've been a "functional addict" too. There are way too many scary moments where you're messed up at the wrong place and time (it's inevitable when you use often), and of course the lapse of judgement when it comes to pleasurable gains will hit you here and there. Sometimes you take whatever substance and the effects are lack-luster, so you feel the need to take more despite knowing you're about to go to a public place or are forced into some important event.. And with stimulants you have to worry about sleep deprevation. I have no doubt people land themselves straight into zombie mode when it comes to stimulants on very important days which in turn greatly hinders their ability to function.

Nobody wants to quit a hedonistic pleasure drug like opiates/meth, the people that have succeeded were all probably done so by legal force or hit rock bottom. But inevitably when you're redosing 5+ times a day it's no longer fun anymore. And then being sober becomes more appealing because it's baseline. As I said, people have definitely come back from far worse and made it into an enjoyable life that fits them. And ironically alcoholism is a worse addiction imo than meth despite it being legal (lol). When the time comes to stop in the far future your brain will struggle to feel enjoyment for quite some time but at least your liver and organs won't be failing/siezure withdrawal symptoms like a heavy alcoholic would be suffering from.

Last edited:
Do you think the different intakes of meth effect the brain/mentality different?. Between some one who smokes vs snorting, injection, etc.

Do you think the different intakes of meth effect the brain/mentality different?. Between some one who smokes vs snorting, injection, etc.

My opinion is yeah it does. I'd imagine it's like with opiates--higher bioavaililibility with heroin from shooting up makes the withdrawals worse and the high a bit more euphoric/stronger. Probably no different for meth but a little less so. I'm talking out of my butt though lol, someone else should probably confirm this theory. Shooting up in general is dangerous. Most people shooting up do not have the proper experience with a needle and have read some articles/blogs online to gain enough information to do so. But needle use requires quite a lot of experience in reality, and you'll see time and time again how many people complain about their veins being shot from perpetual needle use. Smoking damages your lungs obviously, but that's a little bit better than vein destruction. Shooting up pills is the worst though. You have to go through an intense process to properly eliminate the pill filters (a step which most people don't care about too much). Most people shooting up don't seem to be concerned about their health though and only want to get high. So the health consequences are irrelevant to most people addicted to the needle anyway. Seeing someone in my family so dehydrated she had to get an IV at a hospital from shooting heroin made me realize how much it changes the ball game/withdrawals. Someone who only shoots/snorts heroin would NOT be that dehydrated during withdrawing. She was dangerously dehydrated and could not hold water down for the life of her.

Last edited:
The only one to be blamed by "consequences" of any drug is the user. His stupid decisions and weak mind. There is nothing to do with the drugs. It is the same thing as saying that guns kill people.

So there are no consequences is using meth, unless you make it something severe.

I have been abusing drugs for over 20 years and I have never been a slave to them, they were never a problem in my life, quite the opposite.

I agree, I remember the first time I tried to shoot I had to try like 20-25 times on different spots, I was finding the vein, because I was feeling the needle piercing something a little "harder" but when I was pulling back to see if there was blood, there was nothing, only pressure. So yeah after so many tries I managed to insert correctly the needle and I was done. It was just something on my checklist, never touched needles anymore, I'm more a parachute/snort guy, I don't care if the high is weaker.
But my main question is: you wrote that people often say that their veins are gone, and myself I heard real life people with this problem. But is this caused by a bad injection or because the toxicity of heroin and cut? Or both?
I mean, if hypotetically I want to shoot heroin on my veins but I let a professional medic do the job, will I still burn my veins?

You'd have less complications if a "professional" did it, but inevitably drugs aren't meant to be flowing through your veins and it would cause damage after an extended period of time regardless, just less of it. Worst thing that can happen from needle complications is that someone would lose a limb. But at that point they'd literally have to not care at all and avoid going to a hospital for a couple of days.
The only one to be blamed by "consequences" of any drug is the user. His stupid decisions and weak mind. There is nothing to do with the drugs. It is the same thing as saying that guns kill people.

So there are no consequences is using meth, unless you make it something severe.

I have been abusing drugs for over 20 years and I have never been a slave to them, they were never a problem in my life, quite the opposite.

The basis of addiction is definitely the user's fault, but after a certain point when addiction is no longer fun anymore the drugs in themselves are really quite powerful and it can feel like you are held hostage at times. Especially with drugs that promote severe withdrawals and lock the user into substance abuse. Too many people want to become clean from opiates who are unable to do so because the mental aspect of withdrawing is horrible beyond words and it really takes so long to feel even okay again. I'd imagine with meth the ahedonia/constant fatigue and depression would make someone want to perpetually relapse on meth.

Adderall is my cup of tea and I have no plans to graduate from it onto harder stimulants because I just know the results will inevitably be purely negative. I don't want to be forced to wake up everyday to smoke meth to avoid crippling depression--that's not my desired lifestyle lol.

You'd have less complications if a "professional" did it, but inevitably drugs aren't meant to be flowing through your veins and it would cause damage after an extended period of time regardless, just less of it. Worst thing that can happen from needle complications is that someone would lose a limb. But at that point they'd literally have to not care at all and avoid going to a hospital for a couple of days.

The basis of addiction is definitely the user's fault, but after a certain point when addiction is no longer fun anymore the drugs in themselves are really quite powerful and it can feel like you are held hostage at times. Especially with drugs that promote severe withdrawals and lock the user into substance abuse. Too many people want to become clean from opiates who are unable to do so because the mental aspect of withdrawing is horrible beyond words and it really takes so long to feel even okay again. I'd imagine with meth the ahedonia/constant fatigue and depression would make someone want to perpetually relapse on meth.

Adderall is my cup of tea and I have no plans to graduate from it onto harder stimulants because I just know the results will inevitably be purely negative. I don't want to be forced to wake up everyday to smoke meth to avoid crippling depression--that's not my desired lifestyle lol.
To each it’s own. I wake up and smoke meth but not avoid crippling depression but to avoid not getting anything done. Not saying it’s good but it’s better than staying at home all day smoking weed and drinking having 0 motivation and 0 income. It’s my cup of coffee 💀

To each it’s own. I wake up and smoke meth but not avoid crippling depression but to avoid not getting anything done. Not saying it’s good but it’s better than staying at home all day smoking weed and drinking having 0 motivation and 0 income. It’s my cup of coffee 💀

Do you ever take days off? How long for and how do they go? Do you crash?

Do you ever take days off? How long for and how do they go? Do you crash?
I try not to smoke on the 2 days that I don’t work. (key word “try”) lol sometimes I slip it happens..But The days off aren’t that bad unless I partied with friends and stood up all night but that’s rare maybe every 2 weeks I’ll go smoke with my group . But when I’ve been sleeping everyday even when smoking the days off aren’t bad at all. Especially when I have some wax or kush to smoke.. also I think I’m used to the whole come down cold turkey phase because during my early days using I would be up for 2-4 days every week and I did that for about 2-3 years until eventually I started disliking myself and who I was becoming and I got tired of looking like shit because Im a good looking person not tryna be conceited or anything but it was easy to tell I was on something. So I started putting myself on check and now I don’t stay up for more than a day. Marijuana is the real mvp