Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What age did you first use?

Subtext

Bluelighter
So - A little sorta poll to see what time we lost our drug taking virginity?
For all drugs, both HARD and SOFT?

For me I was a relatively late bloomer.

17 for pot.
19 for speed/MDMA/LSD
20 for Heroin

.....and you??=D

Also, what haven't you tried that you want to?

Last edited:
So - A little sorta poll to see what time we lost our drug taking virginity?
For all drugs, both HARD and SOFT?

For me I was a relatively late bloomer.

17 for pot.
19 for speed/MDMA/LSD
20 for Heroin

.....and you??=D

15 for pot
20 for MDMA, speed & crystal methamphetamine
21 for LSD & cocaine

After reading footscrazy's post felt obligated to add a little more detail.

First started drinking alcohol and got drunk when I was 15 and it wasn't long after when I tried pot for the first time and I must admit, never really enjoyed it that much. Smoked pot semi-regularly for a while, just socially with mates and I guess the fact that I didn't enjoy it so much put me off trying other drugs for quite a while. Tried MDMA for the first time when I was 20 and this was when I realised that stimulants was where it's at! The beginning of my MDMA taking days were good, but then struggled finding good quality pills so started looking for alternatives. This was when I tried crystal meth and my god, it rocked my world! I didn't enjoy it as much as MDMA but it was easier to get good quality meth than good quality pills so it started to become my drug of choice. Then when I was 21 I was offered LSD at a party and decided to try it... wouldn't say I had a bad trip but can't say I really enjoyed the effects so never really had much desire to go down that road again.. also the same year tried cocaine, not bad but more expensive than methamphetamine and I felt like I got less out of the drug, didn't last as long and the high wasn't as good. Never tried opiates - yet.

Last edited:
I think there's a thread like this in Drug Culture but I think we should keep it here too. Personally, I find it more interesting hearing from the posters of ADD who I feel like I've come to know through their posts :)

I started altering my conscious fairly late but once I started I made up for lost time =D

I got drunk for the first time at 15.

At 16, I got involved in the drug scene and tried many drugs for the first time. Apart from booze, my first drug experience was a line of meth and ketamine mixed together, and I haven't looked back. I wonder if it's coincidence these two are still my favourites ;) I started puffing at 16 and didn't stop that until I was 23. Weed was one of the later drugs I tried, and I've never enjoyed it. I had a bad experience with mushies and this put a stop to any further experimentation with psychedelics for 8 years. My teenage years were filled with mdma, methamphetamine, ketamine and alcohol.

Opiates came later. I first tried heroin at 20, but smack was the extent of my opioid experience for a couple of years. I only really started experimenting with others when I was coming to the end of my meth using days, and looking for something different. Codeine really kicked this off too - codeine was the first opiate I'd enjoyed, and it prompted me to reinvestigate smack, and try other opiates.

I was in my early 20s when I first experienced most of the RCs and some more obscure drugs, PCP, methylone, butylone, flephedrone, mephedrone, 4 mar, crack cocaine etc etc and so on and so forth.

Last edited:
I started way too early :S I'm living proof of why everyone should wait until their brains have developed fully to use psychoactive substances!!!

Weed - 11 (often)
Alcohol - 11/12 - every weekend
Amphetamines and MDMA I discovered when I was 15 and just about everything else except opiates followed in the blur of time that was the next 2 years.

14 alcohol, weed, hash, tobacco
15 heroin, datura, kava kava, ephedrine

Happy beginnings.......

13-weed
14-alcohol
15-if it is an amphetamine it got consumed
Everything just snowballed from there

15 - pot and booze
17 - MDMA and meth
18 - acid/k/benzos
19 - codeine
20 - strong opiates (oxycontin etc).

I forgot to mention alcohol. I was 16 and at uni before I got drunk for the first time. The only problem was I could never find a drink I liked the taste of...until I was 30 and someone handed me a gin and tonic at a party and I never looked back. I still have a problem with binge drinking on that stuff. Recently I discovered I'm no longer allergic to wine so I'm making up for lost time on that particular beverage!

Oh and about 25 when I first tried coke but I seem to have a high tolerance for uppers and in Brisbane it's so damn expensive I could never get enough to really feel it so gave up using it.

Weed was one of the later drugs I tried, and I've never enjoyed it.

I loved weed for the first few years of smoking. It made everything funny and I had cool hallucinations then at about 21 it just made me paranoid and it lost all it's appeal. Except at music festivals (what's a festival without dope ;-))

I've never tried ketamine or RCs so I'm looking forward to giving them a go. Anyone know where I can get some?
JUST KIDDING mods!

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Been a guest watcher of the forums for a while now just figured seemed like a good time to start posting.

Anyway back to the thread.

First got drunk at 16.
Weed 17
Synthetic cannabinoids 18
And what was supposed to be MDMA a month ago 19

Think the MDMA. Was fake had a smell kind of like cleaning products or acetone. :/

Edit: oh and got a hold of some codeine lictus 2 weeks ago and had built up to a dose of 150mg and still didn't feel a great deal so i figured i was one of the 10% of the population that can't metabolise the codeine into morphine.

Last edited:
12 - Tobacco - Didnt inhale, coughed a lot - now on about half a pack per day, yay! cough cough
14 - Alcohol - 4 shots of Southern Comfort, within an hour and I was fucking paralytic! ha-ha - (coincidentally also my first ride in an ambo)
15 - Weed - Completely greened out - tried to hide for a bit in the toilet so I don't embarrass myself. But, of course I end up passing out slumped over it with my pants around my ankles... Woke up to the sound of my mates in complete hyterics after finding me about 4 hours later..
Experiences like these might deter a smarter person from taking drugs, but at 28 my weed intake is averaging around 1 oz each month..
At 18 - MDMA/AMPS (this was back around 02 days when you couldn't find a shit pill if you tried though) Not that shit that passes for 'ecstacy' these days..
21 - LSD - FREAKIN AWESOME!
25 - iceee

And thats about it! So far at least =/
Cant be bothered listing the pharms and OTCs -
Kinda hoping Heroin never makes the list..
Kinda regretting that shards ever did..

Hmm lets see:

14 years old - buds, alcohol, tobacco.
17 years old- MDMA pills and Amphetamine Sulphate, Coke and Isobutyl nitrate.
18 years old : HBW seeds, Shrooms, Mescaline, BZP, TFMPP, MCPP, Steroids
19 years old: Acid, Molly crystals, MDA and Nitrous, 2CI, 2CB, 2CE, 2CT7,
22: GBL, GHB
24 years old: Ice, alprazolams, valium, stilnox, imovane, H, oxys, hydromorphone, morphine, K, codeine, DXM, fentanyl, mephedrone, 4-MEC, M1,
25 years old: Kava-Kava, JWH-018

Not 100% certain of the exact dates but was somewhere within those time frames. I guess u could call me somewhat curious :)

Gussrr, I assume you mean rikodeine?

I don't find rikodeine/dihydrocodeine that great but it's still surprising you didn't feel anything. It might still be worthwhile to try a cwe if you're interested.

12- weed, alcohol, amphetamines, various pharms
15- heroin, DXM
17- psychedelics, ketamine and smoking crystal methamphetamine

Obviously theres a bunch of other shit strewn throughout but thats pretty much the main list, not too far off 22 years old now.

I don't find rikodeine/dihydrocodeine that great but it's still surprising you didn't feel anything. It might still be worthwhile to try a cwe if you're interested.

Thanks D_M for letting me know you can get codeine (as opposed to dhc) in a cough medicine.

In that case Gussrr, your problem is most likely you just didn't take enough. 150mg is a small dose of codeine, and whilst one should always try a low dose first to test how it affects you, since that experiment went ok you'd probably be safe trying a larger dose. It took 400mg for me to get a good effect of codeine.

Nah its definitely codeine linctus. It has a scheduled drug warning on the side. I just had a look at the bottle and it says each 5ml contains 25mg of codeine phosphate. Does the phosphate part mean anything does it mean its a lower dose? Also would antipsychotics have anything to do with blocking dopamine receptors? I have since come off them but the time i took it i was on my last week of being on them. Maybe if i try it again and do the experiment myself. Just have to find out i guess.

when i was a disenchanted 13 year old i tried marijuana, LSD, amphetamines and alcohol.
i didn't like the alcohol.

15 - alcohol, cannabis
16 - mdma, dexies
17 - meth, benzos
18 - lsd, mushrooms, dmt, opiates

I'm 22 now and tbh I regret starting to experiment at 15, particularly weed because I was a good student and my grades went downhill at that point and my life took a vastly different path. It was such a contrast to the person I was... this nervous, stressed out kid worrying about stuff then I got stoned for the first time and I loved the mellow, relaxed feeling. It's funny how a just few hours would truly define who I would become for the rest of my life. I would have preferred to start using/experimenting after high school, but meh - you can't think like that.

I don't do drugs much anymore, just on rare occasions really. But I drink quite alot on weekends.

Last edited:
Interesting topic... especially as i have a seventeen year old son who has been smoking weed for some time... and more recently been taking acid...maybe a thread I may start, would be ... would you let your kids do what you did? And particularly, one you get the taste for it, does it all snowball from there? For myself, i started weed about 17, tobacco about 20, alcohol... well of varying degrees from about 14... acid about 20, speed probably 20, E about 27... various others along the way... in fact one of my sayings was that, the older I get, the better the drugs get! But as i mature I look at the social and carbon footprint from the use and purchase of the 'blackmarket' shit, and I am sure that the war against drugs is so wrong. Channelling all that money into dark markets is not good for the world.The answer, I dont have...I have supported my son, and pretty much explained the way of the world according to me with regards to drugs... i hope that helps him and we maintain an honest relationship. I also showed him this website. Sorry i ramble just I would like to say that, i think the older you get into them the better... but thats probably because I am a LTDU Keep safe peeps :)

I taught martial arts and had my own dojo and was 116kgs of fitness, I rode from the western suburbs to mascot for work everyday and HATED drugs, alcohol and ciggaretts until I was 23. The summer of love and house music exploded around 1990 and I got invited to an underground house night in Sydney, it was run by poms and 90% of the crowd were poms, I'm an ex pat myself and we have a reputation of going hard. I'd never heard of ecstasy but when a woman I went with said "take this" my whole belief system changed that night, I felt at home. Those years from 1990 till 1996 were incredible fun, it felt like we were part of something and in a way we were. I know everyone rattles on about old pills and how it was, back then it was new, it was a time of innocence, new music and new drugs as the world had escaped the 80's which was a time of the cold war and Thaturism, the eighties was beige lol. It really did feel like the 60's and I believe in years to come that time will be remembered as special.
Now I'm old and jaded about the yoof of today, all tight jeans, shit music and shit drugs, stupid kids doing stupid things for stupid reasons..........oh wait, I've heard that before lol