• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird occurrences in the REAL world while tripping

closet said:
I work at a bank and so a night after a dipt trip, led into the following work day a little unexpectingly. . holy fuck was it a trip. . I wasn't able to look at anyone in the eye while they were talking, everyone's voice was warped and twisted to somethin straight out the damn exorcist movie, even my own voice was all satanic, that shit didn't go away until like 2 days later- never again

dude thats the kind of shit that would freak me out so bad i'd have insane HPPD for the rest of my life.

untaMe said:
On DXM a couple of months ago i took 1600 milligrams.
It was an intense experience and in the morning my mom asked me what day my cousins birthday was. I did not know her birthday, I hardly even know my cousin, but i had like a mild hallucination of the words January 18th so i say "january 18th" she knew i didnt know it so shes like whatever. She goes downstairs calls my cousin and shouts to me " hey it really is january 18th" I still don't know if this is coincidence or something else. Also the synchronocity i got after heavy usage was overwhelming.. like all the time something would fit into something else.

Awesome hahaha.

One time while trippin pretty hard on DXM I was playing hearts with some friends and when it came to cut a single card out of the deck before the hand (had to remove 1 card to make all the hands even) I pulled the two of hearts or whatever is the best card in the game (been awhile since i played) every single time. Was mad crazy.

One time I was tripping and this random dude was moving like a robot in slow motion. I think he was doing it on purpose to freak me out, but it was working. His movements were mechanical and in slow motion. Then I looked over at him and he started acting normal. I think he was playing some mind game.

My roommate told me a story a couple of days ago that kinda blew my mind-

My buddy is an avid music lover, and back in the day he used to follow phish around for periods of time. After every concert, he had a "tradition" of turning on a phish concert to listen to for the drive home.

After seeing a show one night, him and his buddy hopped into the car for the ride home. Each had eaten a couple of hits of acid that night, and were still going strong.

About 15 minutes after leaving, they are on the highway, listening to a recording of phish, live in philly. All of the sudden, they see flashing lights behind them, and pull over. Keep in mind both are in outer space by this time. The cop walks up to their window, ask for his drivers licence, and notices they are both acting a little strange. He begins to question them:

Cop: "You have a headlight out. Have you had anything to drink tonight? etc....."
Roomie: "No sir"
Cop: "Where are you coming from"
Roomie: "Just leaving a concert sir."
Cop: "What concert is that?"
Roomie: "A band called Phish"
Cop: "Phish huh? Sounds familiar. Actually, I have seen them in concert once- they were actually great. I think I saw them in Philadelphia about 8 years ago"
Roomie: "You cant be serious! We are listening to that show in our car right now!

Anyways.. the cop stuck his head into the car and listened to the cd for a couple of minutes, and started smiling. "Yep, I remember that specific song."

My roommate gave him the cd. The cop ended up giving them a warning for having a headlight out, and telling them to show that to any other officer that might pull them over.

What an experience =D

Since nothing noteworthy occurs in my real world when tripping I have only one anecdote to add (off topic) from the unreal world of tripping . Back when the world was younger (1982) we were looking one night (03.00 approx) across our valley . I was looking at a small hamlet some 5 miles distant when the lights (as they do sometimes ) started to fuse together and move , eventually they took form and turned green slowly lifted offf the ground and incredibly slowly began to move toward us . They came on gently gently on, I was transfixed by this point, then they accelerated at an incredible rate and swooped straight for me ! I flung myself to the ground thinking I was going to be run over by this fucking spaceship looking thing, lol, well my mate laughed his head off for a long time over that , I recall going "fucking hell you see that"? He says *laughing* " no what the fuck you talking about" !
Had I been alone I don't know to this day if I would have said it was real , dig ?

zoph

Last edited:
Stoned Again said:
One time I was tripping and this random dude was moving like a robot in slow motion. I think he was doing it on purpose to freak me out, but it was working. His movements were mechanical and in slow motion. Then I looked over at him and he started acting normal. I think he was playing some mind game.

He may not have been. Or do you think he knew you were tripping? Some people do weird shit for themselves just to experiment and feel self-conscious when people start looking.... I sometimes go for a walk in nature and walk backwards for a bit... when I see people coming I tend to walk "normal" again. It would be just too weird, haha! Although, I really needn't feel like I ned to walk the way most of us do just because that's what's generally what is done... oh, conformity.

cognosis said:
Wierdest thing ever:

So last Feb it was my 19th birthday and I had been planning on going to a rave up in Toronto but plans had unexpectedly fell through. To compensate I bought myself 7 grams of mushrooms, 200mg of MDMA, and a case of Nitrous Oxide. Earlier on in the day one of my old roomates had made me a hemp necklace out of a pendant. THe pendant was this little ivory god/daemen figurine I got from my dad that he got when he lived in Lyberia. I was wearing the necklace and had been out party hopping and realized while I stopped for some coffee that I wasn't wearing it anymore. I was tripping my nuts off and was freaking out, looking for it everywhere. I searched all my stuff, my friends car, even went back to the previous parties to see if I could find it. It was gone until I woke up the next morning after a dream about being at a festival and the necklace was in my hand.

I still don't know how to integrate this experience.

So cool!

well i know when ever i trip somthing weird always happens hard to exsplain but i know when ever my freind trip.more trips on lsd he says he always sees cats.. like they just walk up to him and shit lol fun shit

I was tripping off salvia the other day and after an hour after the peak i went to my room to go to bed and while in bed the door just blew open at, not just swayed in a draught but opened with at a fair velocity!
We've had 90mph winds since and that hasnt happened! I put it down to letting spirits use my body as a gateway to our world and they were just messing about!8o

In our garden we have one of those creepy stone angels, with the dead, dead eyes, and a few summers ago, I was having a nice day trip off of a few blotters, and I stared at it for a couple of minutes. It never looked creepy until then, but now when i look at it, it's creepy as hell.

Last time I took a good dose of AMT, enough to be psychedelic, I (once again) gave a powerful contact high to my girlfriend. She had no clue at all that I was on anything other than weed (which she was also doing), but we smoke every day and are certainly able to tell the effects of weed apart from other things. Nevertheless, about 2 hours into the trip, my girlfriend exclaimed how she felt like she was way more altered than weed alone could cause, and it felt like she was tripping, complete with a head change. She has never tripped, but she knows about altered states more than enough to know when something is different.

This happens to me all the time. Literally almost every time I take something psychedelic and hang out with my girlfriend, she reports feeling strange and wonderful feelings. She even sometimes has psychedelic dreams when she's asleep and I trip hard in the other room. We're extremely close and I often feel that we are inside each other's heads, since we communicate without speaking often and finish each other's sentences. I have also given contact highs to several psychedelically-oriented close friends, again without them knowing I was on anything, but it happens much more often with my girlfriend.

Contact highs are definitely the most dramatic and obvious thing that happens in the real world when I trip, and they occur over and over again, very reliably.

PUMA87 said:
Once the clouds in the sky were arranged as a gigantic smiley face, even those who opted out of taking an eighth of shrooms witnessed. Good times.. haha

I have witnessed the same thing sober.

Definitely beautiful. :)

me and my friend on acid wandered through the town tying to make it back to my house, and we walked into a small sub-division, and the sub-division was completely abandoned. there was no lights on and no cars. just an empty sub-division. we started to get scared so we tried running through and to our discomfort at the end of the sub-division was three dead ends. we got outta that place as fast as possible.

another one was when we did half tabs at school we were walking through the hallway and all of the sudden a group of people which were possibly the biggest group of freaks and weirdos in front of us stopped and started to form a talking circle, some how me and my friend were caught in the middle of them and they all stared at us, we also got outta there as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Being on acid at a party, thinking about monkeys and evolution.. .went to the washroom, saw a couple of guys jumping from stall to stall like monkeys, saw one of them falling to the ground HARD8(

Me and two of my friends took a good batch of mushrooms and went to the beach to have a fire. As soon as we got the fire going we look up at the sky and it is litterally filled with UFOs. Even one of my friends who was sober wittnessed them eventually we went back to my friends and believe it or not we see another one from his house which looked like several different color lights morphing around each other.

Ive also ran into lots of random people out wandering while tripping like people who youll only see during the night and you cant tell if their sober or just straight crazy. It would feel like i got pulled into their world or something and would make the trip way gnarly.

Last edited:
during the summer i did DXM like a whole lot.
after awhile i started seeing 11:11 EVERYWHERE
like whenever i looked at a clock i would see that it was pretty wierd.
still happens to me but less frequently since i quit the stuff.

my first psychedelic coincidence was on my first mushroom trip... I was standing in my friends kitchen with my guitar upright in front of me. I had an urge to slowly move away from it, but as I did, the guitar stood completely erect on it's base, resting by chance on a peg no bigger than a centimeter in diameter. I hadn't even touched it, just backed away from it, and it stood there entirely of it's own accord.
:\

So this is an absolutely impossibly weird coincidence ... it had me thinking quite a bit about synchronicity. It's not while tripping though, so my apologies for that.

It all started when I had a friend send me some acid through the mail (this was back when it was legal of course). I feel that events set in motion by this request somehow interacted with a completely unrelated set of events to produce an example of synchronicity that still has me wondering.

So I was getting in my car to go work out, and as I was pulling out, I noticed the mailman pulled around the corner to the house before me. I decided to just wait and pick up my mail. I pulled back in my spot, got out and waited for the mail truck to pull around. He pulled up and I gave him a simple, "How are you?" Instead of getting the routine answer I expected, he started telling me about his passions in life and his plans for the future. He told me about how much he loved playing the guitar, and how he loved live music. He went on about how he was fed up with American society and all its expectations, and how everything is going to hell in this country. He mentioned his plans to move down to South America, purchase some beach front real estate, which is dirt cheap in some areas, and settle down in a simple, comfortable life. His reason for moving down there was that "when" there is a nuclear war, the wind patterns will leave the southern hemisphere largely intact. Needless to say I was very interested in where this conversation was going.

Next he goes back to talking about his passion for music, and he mentioned seeing the Grateful Dead live many times. I responded with a nod and a possibly a look of inquisitiveness. He then said, "oh, I took plenty of acid back in the day. Those were some great times." He again went on a rant about drug laws in the US, and how he knew of this bar in town where you could smoke MJ out back and nobody cared. Through the whole conversation, I didn't give him more than a few small comments just as an affirmation that I was listening. This was the weirdest experience. Then it got eerie ...

I saw him pulling out my mail as he was still talking, and he pulled out a particular package that I recognized as special. I felt like I should have been nervous considering the previous comments, but he seemed so sincere so I didn't have a worry. He handed me the package and I was 100% sure of what it was. This was the first and only time I have ever received LSD in the mail mind you! I was tempted to tear it open and just give him some, but I held back seeing as this was a government employee I was talking with.

So, someone explain this to me. First of all, how the hell many of his customers does he tell about his past use of acid? Also, I honestly don't look at all like the type that would indulge in that type of thing. I think it must have been the interest I showed when he was telling me his life story, but still ...! This was the first time I'd ever talked with him aside from, "Sign here." Secondly, how did this odd event exactly coincide with my one and only receipt of LSD? I thought the universe was about to implode considering the circumstances. I’m tempted to say this is incredible synchronicity. :D

Last edited: