View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weird occurrences in the REAL world while tripping

Church

Bluelighter
I was thinking today about a crazy, recurring experience I used to have back when I was tripping a lot... Every time I tripped, no matter which city of which state I was in, there was this couple of strange-looking dudes that always seemed to be where I was when I tripped. Like if I were standing outside of a club one night, I would see them sitting on a curb nearby, or something. What made it strange is that they were both very odd-looking characters, like cartoons... one was tall and huge, while the other was skinny and short, and they just didn't look like they fit in their own skin or something, like they were wearing human-costumes or something (give me a break, I *was* tripping you know... I think it's a pretty good description).

Anyway I would then see them, the same two dudes, the very next time I tripped, whether it was a couple days later or a couple months later, I would see them again. Only I would be in another city this time, like on the other side of the U.S., and not at a big event or anything like that. This went on for like a year... I always saw them when I was tripping, only saw them when I was tripping, and I saw them every time I was tripping (that year anyway)... but the weird thing is, I never spoke to them, and they were always just out of listening distance so I could never tell what they were talking about. They just looked very strange, acted very strangely, and had a bizarre nature about them, which was always appropriate to my acid trips.

Anyway, this was one of several events that has happened in the real world, and not just inside my head, while tripping my nuts off. There was anothertime I remember I was on mushrooms and at this dude'shouse playing some video games, and this strange dude hobbled by the apt and stopped and started talking to us through the open front door, and he went on about decapitating heads and shit. There was one dude there who wasnt tripping or anything, and even HE was freaked out by this random dude. I've spoken to other people who have similar stories about strange or 'magical' random people crossing their paths while tripping, so I'm guessing it happens fairly often...

Would anyone care to discuss any similar experiences like this? Like maybe tripping on mushrooms and watching televisions turn on all by themselves as you walk by them, or other bizarrities (i made that word up)? I was hoping to hear some stories of the power the mind has over external events while tripping.

First time I did acid was kinda weird.

My friend had a ritual she liked to do that involved getting a Tarot reading from her friend.

Well, we had been reading about the LSD myths on erowid all day, and about the one where you stare at the sun and go blind... and we laughed about it for a good 15minutes.

Well during the reading, the Sun card come up... and while I'm not completely inclined towards that sort of thing, I did take it as a good sign.

However, the weird part was, later that night, at the after party, we're on the roof of this flower shop our friend lived aboved, sitting on a little bench, over-looking the street, and staring at this giant, round, yellowish/orange street-light. Then my friend just kinda snaps to, gasps, points at it, and says "Sun"...

Was deffinately cool =D

Could those strange looking dudes just be two mythical characters that live in your subconcious that get projected on real people when you are tripping? What makes you think these people were the same people each time? What makes you think they were connected, and connected to you, in some way, other than you just projecting on them?

bizzare real life happenings seem to be a signature of acid trips.
One time my friends and i went in to a shop to buy a bottle of wine before going to sit in the park. we asked the shopkeeper to open the bottle for us, upon peeling the foil off the bottle top we all saw there wasnt a cork in the bottle!
Another time we came out of a nightclub to find ourselves surrounded by firemen and fire engines frantically putting out a blaze, people were being kept back by firemen and police except us who seemed to be invisible, while we wandered about stepping over water hoses admiring the colours and patterns of water sprayed everywhere amongst the chaos.
Then theres the classic one of seeing people cartwheel past you out of the corner of your eye while walking down crowded streets.

gloggawogga said:
What makes you think these people were the same people each time? What makes you think they were connected, and connected to you, in some way, other than you just projecting on them?

I suppose it's because they both looked so bizarre that, how could I mistake them for anyone else? But I admit that I was tripping. :\

It could have been other people, and that is what the cynic in me has decided on, but it still seems relevant that somehow this was a recurring theme involving 2 other people, as opposed to the ones in my head. =D

I mean, through the dilated pupils I still saw two dudes that were bizarrely shaped and always hanging around, being weird. And I don't mean to say they were menacing or anything. They just seemed like a pair of nice, goofy guys who seemed to be "acting" parts of my trip or something.

I think I tripped about 5-6 times that year, and I remember it happening during every trip. It was after I had started tapering off my acid intake.

Church, it's called a hallucination. I see all kinds of shit that isn't there while on acid. Especially weird things and archetypical things.

What Glogga said. I think it's the mind patterning what it registers, the subconscious subtly altering things to fit in with past experiences . . . Have you ever bought any object that was really cool, only to find out later that it actually wasn't that cool and that you might as well not have bought it? Our perceptions are tainted by so many things that stem from our mindset . . . trusting one's own mind is not always the best option . . . the monkey mind . . .

I used to go through delusional phases when overdoing psychedelics, even when not tripping. Partly these were visual... and SO convincing... I've seen faces in flower-patterned curtains, I've seen people where there should have been letterboxes . . . now, I KNEW they were not really there, but at first it's so convincing it's just irresistible. I've been to after-after-parties totally drugged out where it seemed the same people kept following me from party to party... I later found out they weren't the same people.

Another thing I had happen to me after I'd first started doing acid and a fair bit of E, and having a hard time integrating it because I had also just changed my country of residence and started studying at a university campus abroad (and feeling a bit dislocated and lonely), was that I kept seeing familiar faces of people I had vaguely known from back home... only to find that the people I saw merely bore some resemblance to these more familiar faces, and that it was my mind clinging to what it knew, looking for a pattern. Dunno, yours may have been a similar recurrent paranoid delusion. Something to learn from, hehe! What could it mean, two dodgy/funny looking unreal dudes, friends i assume, always being out of earshot, etc . . . what would Freud or Jung say ;) ?

Glogga is probably right.I would call it a deja-vu experience of your mind,making its way to the conscious through a psychedelic.

A deja-vu has been described as your brain messing with the drawers pathway somehow.

But these guys were real people! Not just hallucinations. I do believe though that they were sort of archetypal, and my mind was projecting them on to random people... it's what I call "peeling away the layers of reality."

But I didn't necessarily want to explain it away... I just wanted to hear other people's weird experiences like this, where you are tripping, but your hallucinations are taking shape here in the real world, and not just in your head. I mean, these were seriously 2 very bizarre weird guys, even if I was tripping. I had a friend with me one time who even mentioned to me, "Look at those two guys over there, what a bunch of freaks!"

And my point is that it seems that these kind of people only seem to come out when I'm tripping! 8(

One time I changed the channel on TV and some surgery came on. It was spooooooky!

But, really, I've never had anything happen like what you describe. However, everything does seem exponentially more important under the influence.

I have four friends who absolutely swear to the story im about to tell. They swear on their lives...
They were sitting at my friend joes house one night Candyflipping. They were just chillin with blacklights and music sitting on the floor. A thunderstorm came over, which is in no way abnormal for a summer night in Florida. But, after the storm had passed some residual lightning was in the area. This is when they saw it. A ball of light passed through a wall, floated through the room, and out the other wall...

All of them saw it, but each one was afraid to say anything because they thought it was just the drugs. Then my friend joe, spooked out of his mind, finally worked up the courage and asked if anyone had just seen anything strange. All of them finally agreed that they had all seen the ball of light. No one wanted to say anything because they each thought it was just in their heads. But all of them saw it, and it must have been ball lightning. I forget the color but it was the color of ball lightning and it is very possible to see ball lightning during and after thunderstorms

Very strange indeed

Beenhead said:
I have four friends who absolutely swear to the story im about to tell. They swear on their lives...
They were sitting at my friend joes house one night Candyflipping. They were just chillin with blacklights and music sitting on the floor. A thunderstorm came over, which is in no way abnormal for a summer night in Florida. But, after the storm had passed some residual lightning was in the area. This is when they saw it. A ball of light passed through a wall, floated through the room, and out the other wall...

All of them saw it, but each one was afraid to say anything because they thought it was just the drugs. Then my friend joe, spooked out of his mind, finally worked up the courage and asked if anyone had just seen anything strange. All of them finally agreed that they had all seen the ball of light. No one wanted to say anything because they each thought it was just in their heads. But all of them saw it, and it must have been ball lightning. I forget the color but it was the color of ball lightning and it is very possible to see ball lightning during and after thunderstorms

Very strange indeed

Wow, is it was ball lightning, that's fucking amazing...

Ball lightning is so rare to see, outside of scientific experiments.

AWESOME :)

Church, you should've mentioned you weren't the only one to ever see them in the story. Leaving that part out makes it seem a lot easier to explain away.

Sorry. Yeah, I was with a friend I worked with one time, at a club he and I both bartended at, and after work I dropped a hit, and we went out to the main strip where all the clubs were, while the acid started kicking in... then I noticed the two guys hanging out in front of this club called Om, and as I was watching them and getting the "Damn , there they are AGAIN" feeling in my stomach, my friend speaks up and says,"Look at those freaks! They kinda look like that cockroach alien in Men In Black that hides inside human skin..."

That sort of verified it for me... not only were they actual, real people, but my sober friend's interpretation of how they appeared was almost exactly like my own... that they looked like they didnt really fit in their own skin very well.

still... mind projection . . . I do think of people as archetypes somehow... I meet new people, and sometimes I just connect to them in a way I've connected to other people they remind me of ... I think this is usually the case for me but when tripping I become more aware of it . . . maybe you always really did see some odd couple of guys... but I still wonder if they were the SAME people every time... my guess is on LSD you have developed some special affinity for a certain type of weirdness and tune in to it and register it where it is... everything is everywhere and you see what you are looking for... and hence you saw this type of person... if they were indeed the same couple of guys every time is not up to me to say... but it would border on the 'paranormal', for sure

The mind pretty much naturally associates a sensory experience with memories of past sensory experiences, all the time, both consciously and subconsciously. So basically while you may be seeing different actual people, you are associating the experience with the same memories, and thus the "same people". I've had similar experiences tripping and not tripping. Of course, while tripping the processes of mental association are radically stimulated.

Now every reaction in your conscious and subconscious mind to sensory experiences is an expression of your psyche. Hence I used the phrase mythical characters that live in your subconcious. I don't mean to discount their importance by calling them mythical. They are important to you. You have an ongoing relationship with them. And, by the sound of it, I think you have something to work out with them.

my friend and i were doign 2CE one night, and having a few drinks along with it. he sat his glass down on the floor, moved his hand away from it, and the glass randomly broke in half, spilling his drink everywhere. later that night, another glass randomly broke in half too.

it was creepy.

^ That's what I'm taking about! That's the kind of stuff that always seemed to happen when I was tripping... I want to hear more occurrences like that one!

I have had a lot of eerie things happen that couldv'e been attributed to synchronicity, coincidence, such as the example of yours tathra and church. so many, and i would love to talk about them in a more private forum, since some are a little wierd, and a lot are pretty personal....but there is one i will share, but as cheesy as it is about to sound, it convinced me something is going on....

so, my hubby had just gotten back from being away for a few weeks (military) and it was when he decided to propose. he took me away for the night to a ocean front hotel room, after proposing to me and my son beach side, wanted to do something romantic. we left the kids with sitters who were there waiting for my son, he had a suitcase with a laptop full of the best trance music i have ever heard, a bunch of black lights, some cute white boxers for him, and a white corsette for me, clothes for the next day... and 6 tabs of realllly great mdma.

i couldn't even begin to recall how many nights i have engaged in hallucinatory material, but this night was really really strange. there was as much of the extreme psychic feelings, but i think bc of the love that was also there (again, cheesy i know, but srsly, it was just different) while we were laying on the beach looking at the stars, we really started to get this wierd vibe, after a lot of in depth philosophizing and discussions that helped us understand each other a lot more, we decided to have some fun to counter to seriousness (hey its x, you act like kids) we started with little "psychic" games. one would think of a shape, color, or number, and the other would guess it. after doing this about 20 times in a row each, no fucking mistakes, we got kinda freaked out, but in a good way, after all, we were rolling :D so we go back to the room and one of us genius' decide to keep up the fun with automatic writing.

srsly, i am a fan of the occult, but only as a curiosity, don't really believe any of it. especially automatic writing. i mean, really, that is the epitome of bullshit. but we were in a goofy mood, and flying high, so we decided to do it, and the pictures we drew were absolutely insanely perfect.

i can not begin to tell you how much i was indeed not doing this intentionally. i mean, we were giggling our ass off while we are staring at the cieling and listening to music and chatting, and after the song, we look, and are fucking reeling. don't get me wrong, maybe he was fucking with me, but i don't believe he was. and i know for a fact i didn't do it intentionally.

there weren't any life changing messages, which i would think if some freaking god or what the hell ever was going to do this sort of thing, some sort of written verbal message, they were pictures. for me, a cloud with a moon and a star above it, for my hubby a car. how shallow huh? but, they summed us up so well, he is a fanatical car buff, auto cross champ, car obsessed freak....just is his hobby....and for me, moon and stars have always been my thing. there is something metaphorical there, what it is yet, i have only ideas.

anyway, yeah, a bit cheesy, but for me, life changing, because i can tell you, on my childrens lives, i did not do this intentionally, but somehow after a few minutes of trying not to move my hand, a perfect picture emerges. our subconscious? sure, but even that is fucking cool. and i couldn't draw what i did again if I tried, and i have, it was beautiful, and my husbands had so much detail, it really looked awesome. and these weren't hallucinations, these were pictures we held in our hand, i couldn't pretend to not believe i didn't do something strange that night. not like the other experiences i have had that i have been able to discount.

and yes, i tried it again once sober. i was in a fantasy mood. i felt like such a tool. so, after 2 minutes, i gave up.