• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weekly LSD Use

I've been through eras of weekly psychedelic use. I generally find that after 7 days my tolerance is around 90% back to normal. I never experienced any adverse effects. In fact, I would probably be using weekly right now if the time constraints of having a job and a relationship didn't make that inconvenient.

I am this way.
(though I am using a substitute)

For years I ate LSD for spiritual/personal growth about once a week with various dosages between 200 ug and 700ug. Eventually I started to trip 3 or 4 times a week, as it progressed I found myself very disconnected from the reality of 'normal' living. People commented on me being spaced out frequently. It lost it's meaning to me as it has told me far too many times that I have gotten most everything I can from it. I now only use it as a reset every once in awhile and everytime I take it I tell myself to never do it again. Last time I took 3 hits of very amazing L I thought that I had went insane and was never going to be able to gather my marbles again. My mind was repeating "You did it man you took one fucking dose too many". This only started to happen after hundreds and hundreds of trips, I mean I can't even recall a bad trip on L I ever had before about 2 year ago.

Pure Bliss.
Now it's pure insanity, kind of mind fucking, and dull/meaningless.

It took me 2 years to come slightly down and had bad bouts of depression, crying, hopelessness. I am fine now and have pretty ridiculous HPPD which I actually enjoy, it's like a 100ug trip constantly with no body load.
:)

Yup. Agreed. You get numb to it and just end up wide eyed and sleepless

After I learned of the United States government using prostitutes to drug non-consenting men with LSD your story sounded possible.

Wikipedia said:
Operation Midnight Climax was an operation initially established by Sidney Gottlieb and placed under the direction of Narcotics Bureau officer George Hunter White under the alias of Morgan Hall for the CIA as a sub-project of Project MKULTRA, the CIA mind-control research program that began in the 1950s.[1]

The project consisted of a web of CIA-run safehouses in San Francisco, Marin, and New York. It was established in order to study the effects of LSD on unconsenting individuals. Prostitutes on the CIA payroll were instructed to lure clients back to the safehouses, where they were surreptitiously plied with a wide range of substances, including LSD, and monitored behind one-way glass. Several significant operational techniques were developed in this theater, including extensive research into sexual blackmail, surveillance technology, and the possible use of mind-altering drugs in field operations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Midnight_Climax

The best story I heard about the CIA was when they wanted to torture someone they'd knock him out then wake him up again hanging suspended upside down in a rapidly filling tank of water at the peak of a heavy LSD trip.

Chronic LSD alters gene expression

This is true.
Danuta Marona-Lewicka said:
3.6. Multiple neurotransmitter system-related genes in medial prefrontal cortex are altered by chronic LSD treatment

One month after cessation of chronic LSD, mRNA for both the D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2) and neuron-derived orphan receptor 1 (NOR1) is significantly elevated in prefrontal cortex, whereas the mRNA for the serotonin 5-HT2C receptor (HTR2C) is significantly lowered in comparison to saline treated rats (fig. 8). The direction of change for each of these genes (with the exception of NOR1, for which there are no published data), is consistent with reports in the literature of mRNA expression for these genes in postmortem schizophrenic brain cortex. These results demonstrate that the serotonin and dopamine systems in mPFC are each affected by chronic LSD when examined some time after discontinuation of LSD treatment. More extensive analyses of gene expression changes are currently underway.

Long term drug use can cause long lasting neuroadaptive changes. Other drugs also cause this. The people on The Dark Side call this PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome). This is the interesting part.

Danuta Marona-Lewicka said:
The spontaneous hyperactivity that lasts for at least many months after chronic LSD is unusual, and we have never observed this phenomenon after prolonged administration of any other psychoactive drug employed in our lab. Several drugs (e.g. psychostimulants) produce behavioral sensitization, but a challenge drug is necessary to elicit hyperactivity or the elevated response. Further, sensitized responses are generally reversible by antagonists that inhibit the acute effects of the compound that produced the sensitization. By contrast, our data show that MDL 100907, which is able to block the acute effects of LSD, is inert in inhibiting spontaneous hyperactivity after chronic LSD exposure, suggesting that the mechanism responsible for this effect is different than that of acute LSD.
nihms276552f3a.jpg

nihms276552f4.jpg

What causes this? Are we loosing something during the period of chronic LSD administration?

Source:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3110609/

Last edited:
This is true.

Not in humans it isn't. Chronic LSD exposure in rats will be similar to what they do with MDMA in rats - inject enormous quantities directly into their brains every 4 hours for days on end. No human can ever attain such concentrations in their brain unless they had someone injecting it directly through their skull.

Not in humans it isn't. Chronic LSD exposure in rats will be similar to what they do with MDMA in rats - inject enormous quantities directly into their brains every 4 hours for days on end. No human can ever attain such concentrations in their brain unless they had someone injecting it directly through their skull.
That's definitely one way to pass the blood brain barrier

Yeah it's old hat in the DEA funded studies - inject massive quantities directly into their brain every 4 hours for days on end then claim that means a human being taking it orally (so most of it is destroyed before it ever gets to the brain anyway) will get the same results as the rat.

Presumably the reason why they don't use oral doses in rats is because you'd never see any "brain damage" and the DEA would stop funding.

Not in humans it isn't.

You're right about extrapolation from megadose studies, but whether or not there's a study that shows it, LSD almost certainly changes gene expression, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Did you know going to the library 'rewires your brain'? Sounds scary doesn't it? Everything we do changes gene expression, although not in ways we (nor any 'you can change your genes and your destiny' crackpot) understand. That's just the nature of the adaptive beast.

Besides, decreased (anxiety-mediating) 5-HT2C expression doesn't sound too bad to me, at least on the surface of it.