• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weekly LSD Use

Lustre is definitely important, and I'll most likely not do it weekly, but I'm more curious about any adverse or positive effects this may have on brain functioning. Like anti-depressants indirectly causing the re-growth of the hippocampus I'm wondering if anyone has noticed differences in their cognitive functioning due to the frequent use of LSD. Emotionally it seems as though frequent use may cause depression, anxiety, and de-realization/de-personilzation.

Also, what is going "over the edge"? It seems like whatever that is is what I'm anxious about during bad trips.

Going over the edge for me is when your bad trips and bad thoughts overwhelm you and you have no idea how to get yourself back to a positive state of mind.
You're so lost in the fear that paranoia and impossible thoughts fill your mind and feel every bit as real.
Ever had a bad trip, especially as a novice, and thought you were dead or had gone insane? Or spent hours crying and cowering in fear? That is going over the edge.

Insanity is probably the most common theme for me when I go "over the edge". I've had two experiences with it one of which happened just last week.

I know someone who went over the edge - everyone thought "That's it he's gone over the edge" and then someone went to the edge and looked down and there was a ledge beyond the edge and he'd hit and landed on it. He was fine after all.

It loses its novelty and gets pretty boring.... furthermore, I have met a few people that completely burned themselves out. Instead of slowing down, they just kept taking higher doses.

I stopped using it weekly pretty quickly and I was fine. I just was able to access it whenever I wanted in the early 2000s... I was really lucky at the time actually.

The experience really just loses it's novelty all around, although after doing it for so often I felt like I learned "acid cheat codes" where I could guide myself to a unique and meaningful out of body experience most every time. I wouldn't take it back, but in hindsight it wasn't smart at all. 2 weeks is much safer IMO, but really the main key is just to go with the flow. If your body is telling you that you trip too often, you probably are

Exactly how I feel! Acid cheat codes describes it really well.

It won't feel new anymore, you'll know what to do, what to expect, and how to avoid bad trips. It just gets, stale.

I took LSD weekly for a year or two in all sorts of dosage levels. I don't regret doing that and it was not to get "fucked" up and party. I used it mostly for personal spiritual benefit. That is not to say I never partied under the influence of LSD. But, other than a show or festival it was for personal benefit.

With that said, I don't recommend it to anyone. I did not experience any negative side effects but, one day just decided it was enough.
I got to where I wanted and back many times. I still use LSD but, it is a much more infrequent event.

I always have my favorite batch for safe keeping. You never know when something comes up and you need to "find" yourself again. I definitely grew into a much more mature person by the end of my frequent usage. I am not the type of person to really overuse drugs (especially psychedelics). I don't really use anything as frequent as I used LSD in the past.(well except cannabis) I don't drink anymore,tobacco, no more use of cocaine and the various other substances I use to use. This was mostly due to realizations I had on LSD.

I definitely think one can over use psychedelics and cause some personal harm in the long run. Though, I will say that is very dependent on the user and their mental state. Especially, a pre deposition to mental illnesses. But, I think with a strong healthy mind, frequent usage won't really cause damage. i know many people who eat LSD and other psychedelics multiple times a week. They have been doing it for a long time. They still "got it together". I read in this thread people saying you will loose the "magic" like you do on MDMA. I experienced it on MDMA but I never heard of this happening on LSD and various other psychedelics. Maybe it can happen but, from extensive use and relationships with other users who frequently dose I highly doubt it.

Weekly is too much IMO. I used to take LSD a lot for a period of time I found that 7 days was not quite enough for my tolerance to go back down 10-14 days at least for me.

Also as others were saying too much and it loses its magic. Sadly for me I used it so much it has never really regained the magic feel for me, it is just another LSD trip. i guess that happens with many things in life after a while it is just the same old same old.

I know someone who went over the edge - everyone thought "That's it he's gone over the edge" and then someone went to the edge and looked down and there was a ledge beyond the edge and he'd hit and landed on it. He was fine after all.

Hahaha, this made me smile when i read it i got half way through and i thought it was gonna go like that !

Bill hicks, awesome ..

Hmmm well my first hand experiences have led me to believe this drug is pretty hard to stay tripping on.

My longest bender was dosing 5 consecutive days in a row to stay awake at work... I know smart right!? Lol I seriously felt like I had Manfred Manns earth band just chilling in my brain.

This was followed by weekly use for maybe 3-4 months obviously these are estimates, sometimes I would trip twice in a week on LSD or I would span two weeks in between, non the less many of sheets and fluff tinted sour patch kids went through my veins.

My last LSD trip was a month ago and the one before that was 3 months ago. I couldn't handle any L right now, however in a few weeks Im sure I could muscle one down.

I don't feel any permanent side effects besides bad neck pain constantly ( I am not 100% sure if this is related ) however I do have noticeable feeling / discomfort in my Cerebellum which I relate to my neck pain. I am positive the cerebellum feeling is a result of LSD, I don't know if that is a health hazard or not however it does not effect my day to day life.

I have been hospitalized after weeks of LSD use, I was on a separate kick for 3 months that landed me in the Hospital for 5 days. This was a combination with a severe benzo addiction.

At the end of the day I don't feel permanently "damaged" from LSD. However I am very aware I abused it in the past and won't / can't go back to that.

Hey BlueLight,

I'd like to start off by saying that I do not do it weekly.

Anyways, I'd like to hear of first hand experiences of those who have done LSD weekly. Besides the tolerance that may build up what pros and cons have you noticed? I'm sure that the downregulation of several 5-HT receptors would leave one with many negative side effects albeit reversible. Perhaps with long term weekly use it may physically affect the structure of the brain.

I'd like to know out of academic curiosity and because instead of cracking open a nice cold beer like "most" people do at the end of the week I'd much prefer dropping a tab or two.

Thank you.

probably not such a good idea. if the trips are all good trips, it's still probably not a good idea, but when you trip that regularly eventually your brain will just kind of say enough is enough and chances are at some point you'll probably end up having a bad time on it and deciding to lay off. that's my guess as to what would happen, but who knows.

ahh, well,
nothing is better than lsd.
drinking is bad for health
smoking makes you foggy and paranoid
but lsd, taken in moderation
and the same goes for lsz and al lad (may something always be available - I wish)
well these drugs in moderation ,
done once a week or a bit more, are not unhealthy, and they bring a bit of charm into life that comes from inebriation of a positive kind.
a moderate bit of phenethylamine can be interspersed with good results too. these are not hard to control and remain charming in my opinion.

I find every two weeks is the most I can do if I want to keep that psychedelic magic.
If I do it every week I still notice I suffer from tolerance/diminished effects

I've gone on fairly long streaks of weekly use (months on end). Last time I did it the magic disappeared. I took around 500ug and it started as usual but around 30-60 minutes after first effects, my brain pretty much reset itself. Visuals continued as normal but I didn't have the tripping headspace anymore - no sense of wonder or awe, no crazy associations and thinking, nothing would make me anxious (not that I like being anxious on LSD, but obviously it is very easy to get anxious when you are tripping, normally). However I was still easily confused and kept forgetting what I was doing/wanted to do. I've never had anything like that despite that I've gone through periods of 4-5 months before of tripping every single week without fail.

I was was doing it about weekly for a while; I look back on this period fondly since 1) I had acid and pretty decent & 2) It worked out pretty good; I found acid went in at a deeper level to most psychedelics and although your sort of normal - using it often your not quite back on some level, which was fine in terms of self developement/spirituality. I think I would find it harder to do now - perhaps because I did it then or am a little older and there is something to be said for extra processing time but it was nice not to fall totally back into mundanity.

I've gone on fairly long streaks of weekly use (months on end). Last time I did it the magic disappeared. I took around 500ug and it started as usual but around 30-60 minutes after first effects, my brain pretty much reset itself. Visuals continued as normal but I didn't have the tripping headspace anymore - no sense of wonder or awe, no crazy associations and thinking, nothing would make me anxious (not that I like being anxious on LSD, but obviously it is very easy to get anxious when you are tripping, normally). However I was still easily confused and kept forgetting what I was doing/wanted to do. I've never had anything like that despite that I've gone through periods of 4-5 months before of tripping every single week without fail.

I get the exact same but this happens even if I have an extended break then use two weekends in a row.
Really makes your mentality against psychedelic use change.
It's a sad sad feeling when you're noticeably high, but would much rather go to bed than stay tripping.

I've been through eras of weekly psychedelic use. I generally find that after 7 days my tolerance is around 90% back to normal. I never experienced any adverse effects. In fact, I would probably be using weekly right now if the time constraints of having a job and a relationship didn't make that inconvenient.