Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Weekly LSD Use

Zalo

Bluelighter
Hey BlueLight,

I'd like to start off by saying that I do not do it weekly.

Anyways, I'd like to hear of first hand experiences of those who have done LSD weekly. Besides the tolerance that may build up what pros and cons have you noticed? I'm sure that the downregulation of several 5-HT receptors would leave one with many negative side effects albeit reversible. Perhaps with long term weekly use it may physically affect the structure of the brain.

I'd like to know out of academic curiosity and because instead of cracking open a nice cold beer like "most" people do at the end of the week I'd much prefer dropping a tab or two.

Thank you.

The experience really just loses it's novelty all around, although after doing it for so often I felt like I learned "acid cheat codes" where I could guide myself to a unique and meaningful out of body experience most every time. I wouldn't take it back, but in hindsight it wasn't smart at all. 2 weeks is much safer IMO, but really the main key is just to go with the flow. If your body is telling you that you trip too often, you probably are

Tolerance wise you probably could, but like the others said it wouldn't be special anymore.

The experience really just loses it's novelty all around, although after doing it for so often I felt like I learned "acid cheat codes" where I could guide myself to a unique and meaningful out of body experience most every time. I wouldn't take it back, but in hindsight it wasn't smart at all. 2 weeks is much safer IMO, but really the main key is just to go with the flow. If your body is telling you that you trip too often, you probably are

All of this really. It's pretty safe unless it's bringing up any kind of emotional trauma for you or anything of the sort, but the experience quickly loses its shine. I found when spacing out my trips around a month apart, sometimes more, sometimes less, I'd get very memorable and important experiences every time, and have plenty of time to integrate and learn from them. When tripping every week or two I find that while I don't notice much regular tolerance and trip just as strong, I rarely get that much out of my trips - and I'd get far more from that single monthly trip than I would from 4 or 5 trips combined in a month.

I've seen people who trip that frequently get lost in their own world after a while, myself included. The negative after-effects of such use go away given time but it's much better to space out trips to maintain the novelty and your own sanity.

Taking LSD more then 2 to 4 time a year is a waste.... you'll lose the magic ... same goes for Mushrooms and Mescaline... Using all 3 types of psychedelics lets you trip once a month for a year...

It depends how you're feeling and what you need. I've sometimes tripped week after week for months on end because it was what I needed at the time. Your tolerance does increase but the trips didn't get any less special because they were regular - it was what I needed at the time. That was with mushrooms when they were helping me through the grief of losing a parent.

But yeah it's obviously better spreading the trips out a little if you can, good for your wallet and lets you take up other hobbies apart from spending all your weekends tripping.

Well, being someone who did boat loads of LSD over the course of many years, I can tell you, without getting into a whole dissertation about it, that it can take a pretty significant toll on you psychologically and to a lesser degree, physically. I used to buy sheets regularly, and while I did share a lot and moved them in my circles, I always kept a supply on hand. And this was always super good LSD that was known, within these circles, to be very high quality. We lived in the country and had lots of open spaces to retreat to, and we would regularly trip. We would have experiences out in the middle of the woods that were very heavy, and most of us there tripped at the time, and again, a LOT. I always took more than most of my friends, because I had no interest in having a “minor” experience. I wanted to go to other realms, and I very, very often did. I also used to trip by myself, and spend hours and hours listening to music and doing various things under the influence. I had many experiences that were scary as hell because I pushed the envelope. Always. Over time, I tripped so much and so hard that I would actually have a friend “hold on” to my LSD for me, because I felt like I couldn’t control myself. I also got to the point where I would trip two days in a row by double my dose the next day. So, I may have taken 3,4 or 500 hundred ug’s, and I’d literally double it the next day for a rather harrowing ride. Some very scary rides. Anyway, this went on and on and slowly, I felt I was losing my grip on reality. I started to get very depressed, and every time I would want to trip, I would have extreme anxiety, wondering if this trip would be the one I would not return from. I would often sit there, with a strip of hits sitting on my counter or table, trying to build the courage to take them. This would go on for an hour sometimes. It was crazy-making, and anxiety-provoking. Anyway, I tripped many hundreds of times over the course of a dozen or so years. Weekly, more than that often, with occasional breaks when I was out or worrying I’d put myself over the edge. I began to get more and more depressed, and started having little interest in NOT tripping, and it became almost more important to me than anything else. I had people say to me, at parties, “Hey man, how come it seems like every time I see you, you’re tripping?” I recall saying, “Because I am”. I still remember that, and I while everyone knew I was smart, learned, worked all the time and was a good person, others started to get worried about me and I was worried about myself. In the end, I became very vulnerable psychologically, and I was very fragile. I cried a lot, was profoundly depressed, and did not feel like I would ever return to baseline. I began to think what I had done was permanent, and this made me feel even worse. At one point, I had the remainder of a sheet of LSD, it was White on White, I still recall, and I had decided that I was going to throw it out. I had taken some of it and was tripping, and was having a bad trip, so I took what was left and took a walk outside. There was a storm drain there, and I tossed what was left down in that drain. After that night, I tripped a bit more, but slowed down because these effects were persisting, and I was going to a very demanding University, and decided that letting go of LSD would be best so that I didn’t burn myself into the ground and have nothing left. I took a long break from it after that, many years, and then never resumed with the exception of concerts and a few other times a year. Then, about ten years went by without any LSD. Over time, all of the damage that was done to my psyche seemed to slowly diminish, which was a relief, but it took me over a year or more to feel “better”. The effects lingered but went away. Now, I don’t have access to LSD anymore, but do engage with some psychedelics here and there, but only in a minor way. I have a great job, several degrees, and work in an intense environment, and I do it well, but it’s because I keep myself on the rails and don’t get nutty with consumption of anything, and am more a weekend warrior at best. Interestingly enough, this night of “throwing away” my LSD, because I had enough, was replicated several years earlier, when I threw a gram of coke out my car window after being at a party and after having had a few years of lots of nose candy consumption. That stuff fucked me up and I knew I needed to stop doing it, and whenever I had gotten to a bad place with drugs, I was always able to stop without intervention, rehab, so on, only because I had the will power to stop on my own.

I am tripping weekly in the summer will go monthly in fall and maybe once a winter. I wouldn't do it weekly for years, you should take breaks IMO.

I very much agree with you my friend... I've done almost the exact same things in my 30 plus years of use fallowing the dead and living in northern Ca. My first was Orange Sunshine ..... there was a point too where I felt like I was loosing my grasp on reality... after seeing some of my friends going over the edge, thought me moderation...and age helps too...albeit LSD was and still has been kind to me... what a wonderful journey I have been on... once or twice a year gives me what I would call it necessary brain reset..
... Pm me if you like
Namste

Well, being someone who did boat loads of LSD over the course of many years, I can tell you, without getting into a whole dissertation about it, that it can take a pretty significant toll on you psychologically and to a lesser degree, physically. I used to buy sheets regularly, and while I did share a lot and moved them in my circles, I always kept a supply on hand. And this was always super good LSD that was known, within these circles, to be very high quality. We lived in the country and had lots of open spaces to retreat to, and we would regularly trip. We would have experiences out in the middle of the woods that were very heavy, and most of us there tripped at the time, and again, a LOT. I always took more than most of my friends, because I had no interest in having a “minor” experience. I wanted to go to other realms, and I very, very often did. I also used to trip by myself, and spend hours and hours listening to music and doing various things under the influence. I had many experiences that were scary as hell because I pushed the envelope. Always. Over time, I tripped so much and so hard that I would actually have a friend “hold on” to my LSD for me, because I felt like I couldn’t control myself. I also got to the point where I would trip two days in a row by double my dose the next day. So, I may have taken 3,4 or 500 hundred ug’s, and I’d literally double it the next day for a rather harrowing ride. Some very scary rides. Anyway, this went on and on and slowly, I felt I was losing my grip on reality. I started to get very depressed, and every time I would want to trip, I would have extreme anxiety, wondering if this trip would be the one I would not return from. I would often sit there, with a strip of hits sitting on my counter or table, trying to build the courage to take them. This would go on for an hour sometimes. It was crazy-making, and anxiety-provoking. Anyway, I tripped many hundreds of times over the course of a dozen or so years. Weekly, more than that often, with occasional breaks when I was out or worrying I’d put myself over the edge. I began to get more and more depressed, and started having little interest in NOT tripping, and it became almost more important to me than anything else. I had people say to me, at parties, “Hey man, how come it seems like every time I see you, you’re tripping?” I recall saying, “Because I am”. I still remember that, and I while everyone knew I was smart, learned, worked all the time and was a good person, others started to get worried about me and I was worried about myself. In the end, I became very vulnerable psychologically, and I was very fragile. I cried a lot, was profoundly depressed, and did not feel like I would ever return to baseline. I began to think what I had done was permanent, and this made me feel even worse. At one point, I had the remainder of a sheet of LSD, it was White on White, I still recall, and I had decided that I was going to throw it out. I had taken some of it and was tripping, and was having a bad trip, so I took what was left and took a walk outside. There was a storm drain there, and I tossed what was left down in that drain. After that night, I tripped a bit more, but slowed down because these effects were persisting, and I was going to a very demanding University, and decided that letting go of LSD would be best so that I didn’t burn myself into the ground and have nothing left. I took a long break from it after that, many years, and then never resumed with the exception of concerts and a few other times a year. Then, about ten years went by without any LSD. Over time, all of the damage that was done to my psyche seemed to slowly diminish, which was a relief, but it took me over a year or more to feel “better”. The effects lingered but went away. Now, I don’t have access to LSD anymore, but do engage with some psychedelics here and there, but only in a minor way. I have a great job, several degrees, and work in an intense environment, and I do it well, but it’s because I keep myself on the rails and don’t get nutty with consumption of anything, and am more a weekend warrior at best. Interestingly enough, this night of “throwing away” my LSD, because I had enough, was replicated several years earlier, when I threw a gram of coke out my car window after being at a party and after having had a few years of lots of nose candy consumption. That stuff fucked me up and I knew I needed to stop doing it, and whenever I had gotten to a bad place with drugs, I was always able to stop without intervention, rehab, so on, only because I had the will power to stop on my own.

id like to chime in and say that while the tripping might lose some of its novelty, i have never ran into tolerance issues with tripping on weekends. tripping days in a row however is a much different situation.

you just have to listen to your nervous system--if you start feeling uncomfortable or start to question if you really want to trip regularly, then dont. if you are stoked to do it then go for it.

LSD has always been a 4-5 times(max) a year drug to me. There have however been some years where I have only sourced it 2-3 times.

And of those times they have pretty much all being in the last 5 years.

But when i knew I could get hold of the stuff any time, I had no desire to do it more than once every 2 months at the very most.

Same deal with Shrooms.

Any trip is about finding perspective for me at least so I would not even consider trying to use LSD/et al on a weekly basis, as imho perspective is best served to your brain as a 'meal', only every now and then..:|

The classic(s) less is more drug(s)

I love my psychedelic experiences but as of late I've been using them too much
They really really do begin to lose their luster.
I also feel like even though my use isn't usually more than weekly I feel like my tolerance is starting to skyrocket.
I feel like a good month or so off is in order.

They don't lose their lustre if you're using them for a purpose. If you're just using them "to get fucked up" then they will lose their lustre.

Believe it or not, LSD can get boring if you overdo it.

indeed....though its been a few years since having any,I recall the last several as being akin to having picked up a noisy obnoxious hitch-hiker, who would not shut up nor get out of the car