• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

War in Heaven

Yep, at least I don't post just to riducule other people's suggestions.

I hope and believe that he wasn't ridiculing you. You have to try and empathise with how others perceive these claims. They are so unprovable and don't appear to physically manifest in a consistent and tangible way to the extent of having their existence deeply questioned. I think that there is some value in pointing out the absurdity of these chanellers; humans are superstitious enough and can be easily exploited with use of fear and wonder, so huge scepticism is needed to avoid being manipulated. You have to take these claims with a grain of salt IMO.

You never know, maybe our Laotian brother speaks truth and will soon be discussing veganism with Mother Theresa ;) :D

Then again, I am focusing on what there is of value that you can take from it and not just the flaws that can be used to descredit it, so I guess it depends on your perspective.

Can you seperate the two? The value in these claims would be to grant us lowly earthlings a perspective on the great cosmic war and educate us on our role in the multiverse. The major flaw is the the origin of this perspective might just be some random peoples imaginings, so the aforementioned value or benefit is essentially neutralised. Truth and value are inseperable in these issues, so if these claims are false, so is the value of them.

I like some of the channeled material that comes through from this channel, as I know for a fact it works and there aren't many good channels out there, but after listening to last night's show I think for a fact she has lost it and been taken over by some form of negative energy.

Especially for someone claiming to be the twin soul of Jesus and a re-incarnation of Mary Magdalene talking with such a nasty, condescending attitude, and there's also a sense of a predatory form of lower consciousness which doesn't impress me since I'm used to genuinly spiritual people. She also claims someone was just sent as a henchman to kill her but it never happened as it was someone who was her body-guard in a former life and there was such a strong conncetion between them. This sounds a lot like some form of spirtual psychosis, or someone who thinks they're the center of the universe, no one are that important.

Although I pick up this more in the personality of the channel than the sources that are coming through, there's not much wrong with the channeled material, exactly.

Well, I never looked upto this individual the way you seem to imagine, I just appreciate the years worth of free material that I've found personally useful and has seemed helpful to many.

But for some reason many don't seem to understand how channeled material should be read. You need to be discerning and compare with what you know from your own experience and what you've learned from sources you trust before. It should be seen more as inspiration.

I guess people just want someone to figure it all out for them, or have something to belong to, but it doesn't really work like that. There are no channels/prophets who are 100%, and many will have some crazy ideas like talk about life on other planets, but that doesn't mean they can't have anything to teach about consciousness development, etc. I've always liked reading channeled stuff, some of the first spiritual writings I read was some great channeled Danish material that I've been able to verify with time, and Theosophy, which is also good, is based on channeled messages.

And when you think of it all spiritual/religious writings are, people just tend to find it easier to accept what's in the past, and find the idea of contemporaries having something to teach them offensive. The only ones I could fully recommend are the Bulgarian teachers (Deunov/Aivanov). At least I haven't come accross any better than that, and how little known they and their works are show how little regard there is for truth or pure spiritual teachings.

Anyway, there is younger channel involved called Christine who I really like and can resonate with a lot more. She has a very healing voice and is clearly of high consciousness and a joy to listen to (I don't perceive the main channel as particularly high-consciousness, just the messages). I just question the claim she's the twin soul of archangel Michael or don't know how likely it is for the twin souls of the two most well known spiritual figures in the Western world to end up together.

Even if I've misinterpreted your position on this stuff - and I don't think I have - your tone has changed.
It is good to be skeptical. Skepticism should be the default. History has taught us that.
Of course she's not the twin soul of Archangel Michael.
She is claiming divinity, as a position of power (whether it's ego related or not).

I don't think you can equate the intention and/or sincerity of unrelated prophets.
The idea that people just accept stuff that's in the past needs to be fleshed out a bit.
Great work lasts. The people you listen to will not last.

From what I've read, this stuff is poorly conceived and - often - fairly incomprehensible (in terms of subtext).
Translating the divine is nearly impossible. All attempts to do so have been misinterpreted, for the worse.
Anybody proclaiming prophecy, assuming they're educated and aware of basic history, has a responsibility.
It isn't justifiable to lie for God, as long as you tell some truths.

If this stuff did happen to last for two thousand years, and form a religion, it would probably resemble Christianity.
The Bible was too complicated and thorough for it's own good. It was too ambitious.
Buddhism is less problematic, I think, because it is simpler.

The Bible is vast and confusing. Some sections are literal, some are allegorical, and some are both (literal and allegorical).
It appears to contradict itself, if you take it literally (and we've seen, across multiple religions, that people have a tendency to do so).
The failure of Christianity should serve as a message to anyone attempting to channel messages from God.
Time will distort truth. A poorly chosen word can become a hundred wars.
Vulnerable people will do desperate things, if they believe.

If we were having this conversation two thousand years ago, standing among the crowd as Jesus delivered his first sermon, you wouldn't be able to imagine what events would follow his words. (For the record I'm not convinced that Jesus was a real person, at all. But, I'm not entirely convinced that he wasn't either.) Now, we don't have that excuse any more. We need to be extremely careful about prophecy. And, you can argue that you are. That I misinterpreted your tone. That you didn't believe in any of it. But, that doesn't matter... Because, you were promoting it and somebody else - more suggestible than yourself - might take it as gospel.

The idea of a prophet profiting from prophecy (say that five times fast!) is off-putting to me, as others have said.
More than off-putting, honestly. I refuse to acknowledge divinity in any paid messenger.
It doesn't matter how much they're getting paid. Prophets do not profit.

Even a single misplaced word, if people believe you to be the son of God, or the twin soul of Archangel Michael, can have horrible consequences.
A true man (or woman) of God is pious. They do not take their responsibility lightly.

A prophet that lies is like a hairdresser with a mullet.
If divine prophecy is motivated by money, in any way, it is fraudulent.
If you sit down and think about it deeply, you must realize this.
Ask yourself what you would do if you could speak for God.
Would you justify lying, in the name of God?
And, if so, should you be in that position?

It has changed because it was a seriously strange show. I'm very sensitive to energy and there was so much negative energy going on for something like that, I'm not even used to being around that kind of thing. Not like in an obviously bad way, more like someone unpleasent trying to sound pleasent, but it was a bit shocking for someone in that role.

But I think I'm going to reserve judgement as it's not really my place to know everything about someone or what is going on. There has been mention of some kind of attack from lower spirits that can negatively impact what comes out and that could be true for what I know. Either way, I've never been that interested in this woman for herself, I just appreciate the hundreds of hours of channeled material that has been pretty high quality and congruent with what those channeled tend to sound like.

It's not about finding someone who are perfect in every way, I don't look for that because I know it doesn't exist, I just look for someone imperfect I can take something from and discard the rest. That's how you learn, otherwise you have to reject nearly everything, and I've learned worthwhile things from all kinds of people. Or if someone can teach you how to successfully medidate then that's that and something you can recommend to other people. It's not about starting a religion and that's not the perspective I have on it.

There's simply a lot of information that can be taken from channeled material that you won't be able to find if you only limit yourself to the traditional religious texts and many things you won't be able to learn about. It's not that the channel has to be perfect, that's not what it's about. Also, it's interesting to hear some of what is being said now or is current to the time we're in.

Channelers tend to be in the later stage of life, seems like these skills are heightened when the body starts to weaken, like in withdrawal or with sleep deprivation. I think many were also original hippies who used psychedelics and had their channeling abilities opened up that way or kind of cheated. But the main reason I listen to this is that it's one of the few current ones and there aren't many alternatives.

Someone just re-posted this from a couple of years ago when I first started reading this stuff.

http://lightworkers.org/channeling/215427/note-mike-quinsey-earth-ascends

"Be at peace, Beloved Ones. The time of your personal testing is done. You are now being given a time to rest, to contemplate and to restore your Peace of Mind. Your trial is at an end, and you have all been found innocent, pure and gloriously One with your Creator. "

I still think these channelings are good, they're a lot like what I "get in" in higher states of mind. It's not about the channeler or personality of the channel, which people have a tendency to focus on, it's the messages themselves. I just appreciate anyone that comes through with something positive or uplifting as there's still so little of it around these days. Almost seems like something needs to be dark to be considered clever or intelligent. When connecting with the spiritual plane is not about that, it about energy/consciousness more than anything. People tend get caught up more in the details of things and be very judgemental.

I don't really understand that when there is something good to learn from something. Why not just take what's good about it and discard the rest? Instead it's like it's the other way around and people disregard something 99% good if there's some fault to find with it. Not that I'm particularly attached to this channel, but I can feel when something is true, and don't understand this disregard for the truth.

I know many don't look at it this way and see it more as different belief-systems to choose between and argue about, but again the focus is on something wrong, or it becomes more about the ego-games and competition we have between each other in this world. But it's not something personal like many seems to believe, more like the other way around, or when it gets to this level it transcends that.

If my tea is 99% dirt, I'll flush it down the toilet and make another cup.
Sure, there's some tea in there. But, it's not worth drinking (IMO).