• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Want to Try Heroin

keep it lit

Greenlighter
I've always know I wanted to try heroin but I want to make sure I do everything I can to not get addicted. I have good self-control and am strong mentally as I have never had any problems with addiction to drugs in the past, however I am not as experience with opiates as most heroin users are.

The big drugs I have tried are:
MDMA ~ 30 times (Haven't rolled in 6 months, lost the magic :()
Mushrooms ~ 10 times
LSD and 25C-NBOME each about 5 times
Cocaine ~ 15 times
Crack Once (had absolutely no urge to try again)
3rd Plateu DXM doses ~ 5 times
Codeine a few times
MXE ~ 15 times
Vicodin a few times (never had urge to use again consistently or as much as other drugs)
Oxycodone - Closest thing I have tried to heroin. Had a script with about 20 5mg oxys that I went through in about week. Liked the feeling but never bought again and never urged to or had cravings or withdrawls of any kind. The highest I went up to in one dose was 40mg.

I've done xanax tons of times, zolpidem tartrate to experience hallucinations and dissociation, Adderall Vyvanse and Focalin a handful of times to study, tried salvia a few times, and all of these I now have little interest in doing again. The only drug I do consistently is weed which i've smoked every day for years. I also enjoy drinking alcohol weekly.

Of the big drugs I named the ones I enjoyed the most were MXE, LSD, NBOME, Shrooms, and my first few times doing MDMA. DXM was quite enjoyable for me as well. I think I can say that Dissociates and Hallucinogens are my favorite class of drugs. I do enjoy the euphoria of course, but I think it is the altered state of mind I am put in as well as feeling detached and dissociated that I enjoy the most. MXE would be my drug of choice at this moment among the "harder" drug that I listed.

SO, I am thinking of purchasing no more than a 0.5G of Heroin powder that I will snort. I just want to do everything I can to stay safe with this drug like I have with my past drug experiences and not get addicted. I am aware that the Euphoria could very well possibly be the best I have ever experienced so it could be difficult for me to stop and not want to try it again. But like I said, Euphoria isn't my number 1 priority when it comes to what I want to get out of a drug, BUT if I do feel the need to experience strong Euphoria once again after trying H, I will just go with a usual MXE dose and mix it with weed which i LOVE, or take some acid which could potentially open my mind and make me have like a revelation where I realize I can never use Heroin again or my life will be ruined (I have had something like this occur while on LSD before so I think this could be possible) Also I get GREAT euphoria when tripping on LSD so I don't feel like I will be missing Heroin too much.

Well, what do you guys think? How do you think my chances are of going through a half G of H and never touching the stuff ever again?
Also, how does Heroin compare to that of an oxycodone high? And is the euphoria for Heroin indeed stronger than that of LSD? Some people I know swear LSD gives off the most euphoria of any drug.

Thanks for taking the time to read :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll probably get nauseated as fuck for a while & if you get past that, you'll probably love it. Most people who try it don't get addicted, but it still fucks up a lot of people's lives in a variety of ways, mine included. The effects depend on the dose, ROA, & how you in particular feel. A lot of people I've talked to have said that besides cost & dopesickness, there's no reason to quit. And frankly that's hard for me to disagree with

Given your history with opiates where you seem to be able to take them or leave them there is every chance you could buy half a gram of heroin one time and not do it again, equally, there is every chance that you could end up buying it many many more times, nobody can say for sure.

I know numerous people who have tried heroin one or a few times years ago, and have never had any desire to pursue the drug further, I don't think these people are as rare as those who have issues with heroin use will often tend to make out, but I do think most people who try heroin will end up using it more than that, and a lot of people certainly end up ruining their lives over the drug.

For me, heroin is more sedating and euphoric than oxycodone, and I tend to think heroin is a better drug. I find oxycodone to be a bit more stimulating than the average opioid, but with that said I find a low to moderate dose of heroin can be relatively stimulating and can certainly make me quite talkative. I think it is easier to nod off heroin than oxy, which is the effect I am generally going for on the occasion that I use hard opioids. One drawback I have found with heroin compared to oxy, when I am not using opioids often and have a relatively low tolerance, I find I am more likely to fall asleep during the nod and waste a portion of the high when I am on heroin, which is really fucking annoying, especially when you pay a lot for it.

Euphoria is subjective, heroin is the most euphoric opioid I have used, but I have also used a number of highly euphoric stimulants. These days I probably do prefer the warm bliss like euphoria of opioids to the more rushy euphoria of stimulant drugs, but there was certainly a time when the opposite was true. I have heard many people say LSD gives them great euphoria, but for me psychedelics have never consistently induced a great state of euphoria.

I am not sure where you are located, a quick glance at your post history mentions California, if you are in Cali then you are a lot more likely to obtain black tar heroin than #4 powdered heroin. BTH is really better suited to smoking than it is snorting, some people do dissolve it into solution and use a nasal spray bottle to administer the drug nasally though.

If you do purchase heroin make sure to start really small and work your way up, you can always take more but you can't take less. Remember that half a gram of good quality heroin should be quite a few doses to an inexperienced user such as yourself. I think you should start with about 10-15mg and wait a good 20-30 minutes to see how that makes you feel before you take any more.

um safe? how can you ever call heroin safe?? heroin is as safe as playing russian roulette.

no, do not try heroin. a vast majority of people who try heroin end up addicted, psychologically and/or physically. i know a person who says he doesnt like heroin; that he likes IV coke much better. however, he still does heroin everyday with his coke!!

Heroin and safe are two words that never sit too well together. Then again, what drugs are safe really?
But smack has a bad rep for a good reason. It's moreish as fuck.
After reading your post couple of things popped into my head first off. Where you getting it from (OBV I don't want names,addresses, phone numbers etc) My point is this, is it a reliable source? and is this through a mate or a dealer who you have access to. As the primary issue is of course, ease of access. Smack is fucking great, I've managed to keep my indulgence to around 10 times, over the 25year trip so far.
And the only times where I felt it might be an issue, was when I knew I could easily get more.
It's not the drug that is the issue, the drug remains the same regardless of who takes it. It's the person, and what they are going through at the time.

TBH, you don't sound daft, so I 'd say try it, maybe a 1/2G. But smoke, not snort. Will just burn your nose, you'll pass out an wake up hours later feeling like crap. Smoke is more controllable, less addictive(debatable), and harder to OD on.
Enjoy, just make sure you got some nice green, and maybe some downers for when you run out. Then you can just chill, let it pass.

Oh aye, one more thing, like drug mentor said. Start with small doses, and build up. ain't no rush, esp with H. Rushing in with huge lumps on foil will prob make u vomit, but more importantly just be a waste of the drug. Start small, learn to chase. And don't do it alone :)

Haha yea I used to be one of those kids who said they have control, I never got addicted to the drugs I've already done, only once, and I don't have an addictive personality. Everybody thinks they're different. Maybe you are tho but I seen heroin and meth ruin so many lives, including mine, I wish I could be like you and go back and be able to make that decision again.

a vast majority of people who try heroin end up addicted, psychologically and/or physically.

A lot of people on here like to make this claim as a fact, but I am yet to see anyone back it up with anything other than anecdotal evidence. When I went digging for statistics on the matter they seemed to suggest that most people who try heroin do not actually go on to become heroin addicts, that is not to downplay the highly addictive nature of heroin, but we don't need to go exaggerating it either.

There seems to be an unjustified stigma on heroin as this devilish opioid, where many of the same people who demonize it don't have a problem with the use of other strong opioids, like oxycodone and hydromorphone. I doubt if heroin is actually much more addictive than many of these substances, but due to a climate where heroin is often more available and almost universally cheaper than pharmaceutical alternatives it tends to be the drug of choice among long term opioid addicts.

At least two posters in this thread (I am including myself as one) tried heroin a good number of years ago and still have not gone on to develop an addiction to the substance. I am not saying this in an attempt to encourage others to try heroin or to promote it as either a safe or non addictive substance, but we shouldn't be overplaying the dangers of heroin on Bluelight either.

Last edited:
Haha yea I used to be one of those kids who said they have control, I never got addicted to the drugs I've already done, only once, and I don't have an addictive personality. Everybody thinks they're different. Maybe you are tho but I seen heroin and meth ruin so many lives, including mine, I wish I could be like you and go back and be able to make that decision again.

I have a feeling people who think they won't get addicted are actually more likely to do so. People who approach the drug with respect, "yeah I might get addicted but I'm willing to take the risk", maybe less so.

Going to try heroin....help?

Hello,

I've never tried heroin but I plan to. [SNIP]
I wanna try it just to see how it works for me, but it's main use for me will be as a rescue medication. I have had chronic migraines for about four years and I'm constantly going go to the ER. They usually give me a shot of dilaudid, as you know the rush of it is pretty f*ckin' awesome. It gets rid of my migraine almost instantly. But it also wears off fast. I've been reading about H vs D and everyone says H lasts way longer. So I think it will work good for me.

I do have an above average tolerance on opiates/opiods; with all the vikes. morphine pills, dilaudid shots, percs, etc. So how much do you think I should shoot the first time? A pinky nail, thumb nail, or smaller or bigger? I've looked at enough videos and articles on regular users, so I'm sure I will be able to shoot it cleanly and safely.

Also, it'll probably be white so cold shot or hot shot?

Going to try heroin. Help Me Out

Hello,

I've never tried heroin but I plan to as soon as I can find a dealer. Around here, it's just pot. You ask a pot dealer about H and they get freaked out "no, man. I don't mess around with that stuff". I wanna try it just to see how it works for me, but it's main use for me will be as a rescue medication. I have had chronic migraines for about four years and I'm constantly going go to the ER. They usually give me a shot of dilaudid, as you know the rush of it is pretty f*ckin' awesome. It gets rid of my migraine almost instantly. But it also wears off fast. I've been reading about H vs D and everyone says H lasts way longer. So I think it will work good for me.

I do have an above average tolerance on opiates/opiods; with all the vikes. morphine pills, dilaudid shots, percs, etc. So how much do you think I should shoot the first time? A pinky nail, thumb nail, or smaller or bigger? I've looked at enough videos and articles on regular users, so I'm sure I will be able to shoot it cleanly and safely.

Also, it'll probably be white so cold shot or hot shot?

If you are hell bent on doing this...
you should find someone to do it with you in the flesh. I would never fuck with an IV on the first go by myself. If I was gonna shoot H, Id find someone who knows the stuff. Knows what they are shooting (who the fuck knows that these people are putting in your "H") and I'd make sure to watch them shoot first so I know it's the real deal and nothing sketchy going on. Best of luck on this dangerous-as-hell adventure.

Given the reasons you want to try heroin, my only advice would be to not try heroin.
You'll most likely be a heroin addict in no time.
If you do really want to try it, I would recommend you to snort or smoke heroin as it's your first time, to get a better view of what a correct dose is for you.
Isn't morphine ER a better idea? Maybe you should talk to your doctor about that, get it covered by your insurance and have medical supervision.

It sounds to me like you need to see a doctor about getting onto some kind of pain management plan that involves the prescription of opioids. You seem to be going into this with a plan to use regularly in the long term for the dual purpose of recreation and medication, in my opinion there is a very good chance this wont work out well for you in one way or another. Shooting heroin is jumping into the deep end of hard drug use.

It would be helpful to know if you are looking more on the side of killing pain or using recreationally. Obviously the purity of heroin varies widely, I wouldn't advise you use any more than 20mg for your first shot, 5-10mg would be more reasonable for purely analgesic purposes. Using heroin intravenously carries a higher risk of overdose than other ROA's, this is particularly true when using a new batch. I would strongly suggest that you purchase enough for several doses and test the purity by smoking or snorting it before you shoot it. If you were to smoke or snort it I wouldn't advise more than 10-20mg to start off with, depending on the effect you aiming for, if that hasn't done the trick in about half an hour you can always work your way up from there.

Make sure that you don't use any other depressant drugs with heroin like benzodiazepines and alcohol, doing so considerably increases the chances of overdosing. This is particularly important if you are IV'ing but should really be avoided in all circumstances, especially as an inexperienced user.

Last edited:
Given the reasons you want to try heroin, my only advice would be to not try heroin.
You'll most likely be a heroin addict in no time.
If you do really want to try it, I would recommend you to snort or smoke heroin as it's your first time, to get a better view of what a correct dose is for you.
Isn't morphine ER a better idea? Maybe you should talk to your doctor about that, get it covered by your insurance and have medical supervision.

Cold shot filtered with cotton or preferably a micron filter. Only drug i would ever heat is black tar heroin since it can be hard to get it to dissolve but heroin salts(HCL) are extremely water soluble. Heating the shot won't make it stronger it only helps non soluble cuts mixed in the heroin dissolve so they can pass through the filter and the point then once they make it into your blood stream the cuts turn back to solid form and distribute throughout your capillaries and if small enough other organs such as your liver or spleen.
Never heat your shots!!
Make sure you do have IV techniques down pat because even studying it can not be enough once you get the needle in your hand you realise its harder than you thought but any questions that pop up you can come on here to ask. Or you could not IV this drug:\

I recommend snorting the drug for the first time or smoking a tiny bit since its less likely you'll OD from smoking it since your lungs only hold so much smoke and a syringe can hold a shitload of heroin to slam into your blood stream all at once. But its up to you whether you want to take the risk I can't tell you how much to take since heroin purity varies so drastically all I will say is start small and work your way up to a suitable dose for you.

Also you know heroin is a drug with an extremely short half life too. When I was at my worst I was miserable.
I had to do a shot every 2-3 hours or I would be sick. My body couldn't sleep more than 3 hours without waking up drenched in a pool of sweat, legs flailing around, depressed, nauseated, and if I had no heroin to put me back to sleep then I would lay there sick crying my eyes out begging to the lord to kill me.

I'll tell you this what you think is heaven is really the devil in disguise heroin makes life hell. Pretty soon your too far gone and when someone looks in your eyes they will no longer see a person because there won't be anybody there. Its not something you want and heroin makes you so sensitive to pain that every little thing hurts you making you rub to heroin for relief. You'll get pain you have never felt in places on your body which is your body wanting more of the drug.
To put it blunt you will be the biggest pussy in town a big wimp who wants to cry when he bumps his elbow.
Of course unless you don't become addicted and the best way to do that is not to try it. Even once can leave you with an everlasting obsession with the drug that doesn't stop until doing it again then again etc.

Just a friendly warning I thought heroin was the answer too but like so many I got sucked in by the devil in disguise.

Last edited:
[SNIP]

But you should consider tramadol. It's 1/6th to 1/20th the potency of morphine, according to literature (I'll update this post later with the source because I like to substantiate what I say), so it might be just what you need: pain relief without sustaining a hardcore addiction. And let me say that if you also want to use heroin recreationally or at least try it then who am I to tell you that's a bad idea? You yourself said that hospital Dilaudid has blown you away, so yeah, if you want to try it, try it.

Tramadol withdrawal is hellish because its got the opiate grossness PLUS some major SSRI withdrawal issues during the kick.
just my input from personal XP

Going right for IV huh? Your gunna do it anyway so my advice is to be conservative on your first shot. Even with an opiate tolerance that first bang is gunna blow you away.

Heroin used as a medication will never work, that´s for sure. You will be addicted to it and your migraine would be a secondary issue as you will probably live for heroin for the rest of your life. You live to get rid of it.