• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Wall Street's bad deal — drug addiction

aanallein said:
who's selling guns or oil. wtf are you on about.
people with careers making profit.

some people are addicted to making money, and will do anything to get more, some people are addicted to getting high and will do anything to get high.

aanallein said:
this has nothing to do with the discussion
yes it does

aanallein said:
I personally have a lot more respect for somebody busting their balls on the market making a career and earning profits than some low life shooting junk just to get high constantly. There's a difference even though their behavior has similarities.

The title of the tread is "Wall Street's..." which is one of the world centers for profit.

has nothing to do with guns/oil there bucko ur just linking 2 ideas arbitrarily.

aanallein said:
has nothing to do with guns/oil there bucko ur just linking 2 ideas arbitrarily.
Sorry, I am confused, I was unaware that arms and oil companies were non-profit organizations, that clearly have no representation on Wall Street.

How am I delusional? I know the rich guy likely worked his tail off to make his money, but someone else said addiction is addiction and withdrawal is withdrawal and its wrong to hate on someone just cuz their rich.

All I am saying is WD is not the same, neither is addiction. Its a lot easier if you're rich, a whole lot easier. So you really can't compare the two situations.

Beyond that I make no value judgements.

For all viewers not from the states, nobody in America uses the term "hillbilly heroin" except for newspaper reporters. Why can't they just say "Oxycontin, a powerful painkiller"?

Grub Street's Bad Deal - a slow News Day

Grub street...the Yellow Press...artificial news.

9mm...most of the people in wallstreet aren't representing oil companies. Even if some where are you then just going to assume that there addicted to making money..not so..there job is to make money for there company and so in the nature of there job they are a bunch of money horders. Would you make less money if you could? given its a fucking courupt industry

oh ya and just because someone has a carrer and there making profit dosen't mean there selling Guns or Oil.

Last edited:
most common slang for oxycontin is O.C. or oxy. pretty simple and easy to understand, right?

white_russia12 said:
Crazze, that may be because people on wallstreet are actully doing things and making real money and not living the slums shooting dope all day working just to buy more dope. Im sure you can see the diffrence. But you also show a good point that..it is really a matter of where you live and if you live in the ghetto your gonna be veiwed as less of a victim than someone who is working on wallstreet. Also drugs on wallstreet, are somewhat a new thing to most people where crack and Heroin have been in the ghetto's and slum's for 30+ years. I guess thats just the world we live in.

Drugs are probably nothing new on Wall Street. I work in a similar industry and from what I hear, the drug use has gotten pretty tame from what it once was.

Wealthy investor: I trade the profit leeched from the backs of working human beings that are misrepresented economically for my own profit. When I do drugs, my occupational stress is blamed for such behavior.

Regular worker: I work (mostly physically) and get paid shit. When I do drugs, I'm to blame without exception.

heres a better thought.........

how bout regardless what walk of life u live in u r responsible for your own actions(Lindsay lohan and all u others blaming others for your problems)
u still pulled the trigger now face the consequences

StagnantReaction said:
Wealthy investor: I trade the profit leeched from the backs of working human beings that are misrepresented economically for my own profit. When I do drugs, my occupational stress is blamed for such behavior.

Regular worker: I work (mostly physically) and get paid shit. When I do drugs, I'm to blame without exception.

Ha, ha!

Ain't it the truth. I don't shed too many tears over the angst of such people.

I'm glad I don't earn my living that way.

this is one of those things that you have to see from more than one angle. yes, they're whining and bitching about shit that the average joe goes through daily, and just takes in stride. but on the other hand, they worked very very hard (I don't know too many construction workers or factory workers that pull 100hr weeks.) to get where they are, most of the time, without using drugs until they are already financially stable, and THAT is the big difference IMO so they should be able to go to a posh detox clinic that costs 2000 dollars a day. shit, they can buy the drugs, they can buy the rehab.

DonkeyPunch said:
(I don't know too many construction workers or factory workers that pull 100hr weeks.)

because you physically could not perform that type of work without endangering yourself or others for that many hours per week. with or without drugs.