• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wake and bake best high. (Ooops burnout?)

I can see the unmotivated thing from wake and baking. Depends on the weed really.
If it's already a real lazy high type weed, then that's no help. I find smoking more weed helps the burnout feeling ;)
Or an upper.

I smoke pretty much everyday, but mainly in the evenings once I have all of my day time shit done.
Nothing like ending the day with a nice rip of dank.

I agree, nothing better than taking a huge bong rip at the end of the day, when you have nothing else left on the agenda.

Ha, good points. there ARE up's and down's to waking and baking, deff. agree with it wakes me up, i do go from dreamy, to alert, but that quickly changes. caff. dosn't work on the A.D.D. mind.. i believe

waking and baking is the best!!!

empty stomach and no plasma trigs means maximum effect!!

best way to prevent the burnout is to stay high.

i'd wake and bake everyday if i didnt need to work.

for instance, this morning i had to wake at 630am for work, went to bed early and woke at 2am to take a piss, on way back to bed, enjoyed a cone. kinda waked and baked.

have a day off tomorrow so no doubt will be waking and baking.

like many other posters, i enjoy weed at any time of the day every day ( work permitting )

if during the day you get burn out or just plain ole tired, i make a strong coffee with milo to make it taste better than keep on smoking.

nothing better than lighting up knowing that your neighbours are on their way to work whilst you chill back with some tasty food, ice cold water and a whole day to do nothing but smoke!!!

I love a good wake & bake, for different reasons, but usually I try to refrain from it nowadays.

It's an awesome feeling when you wake up and take a big fat bong hit or smoke a doobie as you drink your morning tea. I'm a slow starter in the morning, and I find that smoking before I've completely woken up puts me in a very dopey haze, and the effect lasts much longer than usually. The downside to this is that I then find myself lacking energy for the rest of the day, and what's possibly worse, if I start toking in the morning, weed in the evening won't really do all that much to me anymore.

I also find I smoke way too much weed anyway, so I try to limit it by not smoking in the morning. Plus, by taking mornings off, I don't accumulate so much tolerance.

I must admit, though, that on weekends I usually treat myself to a big fat spliff or a creamy bong hit within 20 minutes of waking up.%)

that is ideal...I find that if you've been awake for a couple of hours, it's not nearly the same...

Right when i wake up is my favourite time to smoke.
It wakes me up better than any cup of coffee and my body just feels so good throughout the day.

I find drinking orange juice and milk (separately of course) helps stop burnouts... but that's just me ;-)

Appreciate the advise but i dont think milk is the burnout proof stratagie for me, sounds like gas. More ideas would be greatly appreciated

there is no way around it for me. smoking when i first wake up feels so good, but it sets a do nothing pace for the day. coffee helps, but it wrecks me and means i will not do anything healthy like eat enough or go running.

Unfortunentally I have the same problem. I've learned cigarettes and caffeine seems to slow me down because. Im ADD but undedicated. I feel my a.d.d is the push for the day, but im going off topic.

Yes the wake and bake is the strongest of the highs due to the fact you slept for however many hours which is technically a mini tolerance break. But to counteract the burnout feeling one can use upper drugs or any drug really but a more natural and yet effective way would be to keep eating food and make sure you got all your vitamins noding out to hard right now to say more lol.

What on God's green earth is a "zip of headies"?

As for the thread subject, I do enjoy a wake'n'bake, it's got a totally different feel to the high and instantly slaps a smile on my face. Though the monginess is a pain in the ass. I used to despise the feeling of everything being a chore and my legs being sliced open then filled with cement and stitched back up. These days I only wake'n'bake on days I have nothing on.

I found that coffee was pretty damn effective, as well as eating (the right) foods and like was said, trying to be active instead of just sitting there. Make a tea with ginseng (5g). Add ginseng to your coffee. This is pretty damn effective at increasing the stimulation. I personally would throw ginger, yerba maté and ginseng all together (all stimulating) in a tea.
Continuing the smoking can help sometimes but isn't the most realistic option if we have things to do....
If you are generally an active person, then you may not find it too much of an issue as you will find you have energy most of the time anyway.
But that is the problem with being in the UK/Scotland, much of the time, we don't have as much of a likelihood to be able to pick and choose strains!

i. LOVE. wake and bake. but i only do it on weekends or days where i know i have nothing important to do. if you have a variety of strains to choose from from your dealer or dispensary, try to get a sativa for wake and bake. i normally get sour diesel and it's pretty good for wake and bake because it doesn't incapacitate you like some indicas do. i've smoked kush for wake and bake before and i just stayed in bed watching WWE the whole day.

to combat the burnout effect i've found that drinking coffee or an energy drink can help (as unhealthy as they are). the sugar and caffeine in energy drinks perk you up pretty well i think. also if you force yourself to be active and go take a walk outside for even 10-15 minutes it wakes you up.

I found the best way to wake and bake, is with a canna-cookie or two, a glass of (soy) milk and a rip from an oil vape or a small pinner.

Wake N Bake is BY FAR the best high I get now. I do it almost everyday before my office/I.T job when i know i dont have mentally demanding tasks to do that day, which is most work days. It makes the 1 hour journey to work soooo good, especially when you have a Ipod or other type of music player to listen to music on. ahhh soooo damm goood.

As for negative effects, like i said, i dont do it when I know I have a task that is going to take alot of concentration or require me to stay motivated to do that task..on the other hand though, Some times i just find myself reading BL for the entire morning until about lunch time when i drink something with caffeine and wake up and do some work haha.

But all in all, i DEFIANTLY agree that wake N bake, is THE best high EVER for me personally.

I love wnb, used to do it basically every day before school last year. I cured the burnt out phase by smoking more at noon and then after that... But if you don't want to smoke more then I find that drinking a lot of coffee and doing something to get your blood pumping, ex. running away from cops. helps. Also If i go to work burnt out and it gets busy (im a cook) I tend to forget about my burntoutness and just get into work mode. Its a mental thing really, you just need to forget about it and get caught up in something else.

It could have been the good mood when i had my first wake and bake it lasted a couple hours at best but i don't really know i only smoked a couple times every couple years so i don't really remember
placentia workout

Last edited:
Waking and baking is the best.
Unfortunately, if I do it, I can't get shit done for most of the day.
Best way to start a day off though!

Its the best most of the time. A lot of the time it will put my ass back to sleep but it is definitely the most noticable high of the day as well. You go from sober to bam ripped and its a big difference in how you feel too. Sometimes this causes me to feel anxious if I have something I have to do but when I used to smoke a lot every day I would wake and bake three bongs at a time. Boy was that the life. Every morning. In my chill ass room with all blacklights and no real lights or daylight. It was the best smoking environment. Too bad I moved from there that room was the shit. It was my chill zone. But yes... waking and baking is awesome.

Even waking and baking with the spice garbage is nice sometimes. It sucks getting drug tested randomly. Keeps my ass in line though.