Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
FF VII is my all time fave. Hands down.
FF VIII close.
FF X had me addicted for a while.
FF X - 2 can suck a dick.

And I was just presented with FF XII so we'll see how that goes.

C2 <3's FF

PinholeStar said:
Yep, FFXII was a huge disappointment. The really sad thing is that I spent 90 hours completing the sodding thing in the hope that it would get better. But alas, it never did. :(

FFVII though, now THAT's a different matter.....

Final Fantasy VII is a classic in every sense of the word. Some say III or (VI if you prefer it that way) spins the better yarn, but no RPG past, present or, I suspect future, will ever be as seminal as FFVII.

It was at turns dark & melancholy, yet light & humourous, graphically astounding for its day, full of hidden mini-games, & without doubt had the best soundtrack to any Final Fintasy game (or possibly any game, come to think of it). But above all, it had the best cast of characters of any RPG I've ever played. It says something that I can, at a stroke, recall every single one of them in both sight & personality - the same can't be said for any of the other series'.

The thing is, all this in-depth eulogising is unnecessary really because the greatness of FFVII can be summed up in one simple image:

sephirothvz9.jpg

%)

Amen, brother.

I've played FF1-10. REFUSED to play 11, fucking MMO. Let's see, 1, 4 (released as 2 on the SNES in the states), 6 (released as 3 on the SNES in the states), 7 and 9 were the best out of all of em. 8 had a great storyline and characters, but the gameplay was terrible, worst magic system EVER. I wish they would remake part 1 with today's graphic engines, by far the hardest one out of all of em.

I thought ff7 was great at the time, and it still has it's moments, but the series definately peeked at 6. FF7 deserves the term "overhyped" it isn't as bad as the haters say it is but it isn't the revolutionary game that the japanophile/rpg/creepy anime addicts say it is. After that I tried FF8 and gave it a decent chance but... it was just so boring plot wise AND game wise. Despite that I tried FF9 and was dissapointed once again, i've learned my lesson, no more final fantasy gamers ever. And while I think the game peeked at 6, 4 is still one of the best rpgs ever made, I can play it to this day and have fun just running around gaining levels--something I loathe to do in most rpgs.

Just popping in to say that I own everyone at this game and that nobody is better than me at it or anything else. Refer to my other post to see why I am the best. That is all. La la la.

FF7 was ok... I got stuck at the very end, in the crater, since I stupidly used my one-save-thing at the very top of the crater and so every time I am defeated by sephiroth I have to do the whole crater all over again.

But anyway, although it was ok, I found it couldn't hold a candle up to FFVIII and FFXII, with the latter being my favourite FF, period, if only because it is closer to Vagrant Story (my favourite game ever) than it is to the other FFs.

Perfect timing, haha. I just started FFVII up recently, probably only about 15 - 17 hours through it, so still on the first disc. Although I must say, it is looking mighty good.

However, since I can't officially rate VII, I'd have to say FFX is my favourite (so far). I don't know, something about it, the stories, the characters, just really does something for me, you know? Much so like my friend with FFVIII, which I thought was good but could not really interact with the characters.

I also just recently completely FFXII, which I thought was very good, mostly for the gameplay surprisingly. I just felt so badass kicking everyone's ass in real-time :p . After VII is completed though, I'll see where I go from there, considering I do believe I have every FF released on the PS/2 (except FFXI).

Also, I know it's not 'technically' a Final Fantasy, but it's in the Chronicles release. Chrono Trigger is an excellent RPG if you like FF.

^Chrono Trigger's an excellent RPG, period.

Final Fantasy 8 has more depth in the battle system, and the plot is a lot more subtle and less dramatic. Personally I like it better than 7 now, but back then I liked 7 better.

guineaPig said:
we need a FF7 thread mofos! its obligatory!
i try to play through this game about once a year. i know the whole soundtrack and yet im STILL not sick of it.

so.....anyone else love this game?

also, mods, change to a general final fantasy thread if this one doesnt generate enough discussion.

I have always loved it, I never understood why some people give it a bad rap. I've played through it 2-3 times, each time generating 99+ hours of gametime. I consider it easily In the top 3 games of all time.

I think the newest FF (XII or XIII?) could be near it or even blow it away from the reviews I have heard. I can't wait!

Triforce said:
i'm glad to see someone else like Final Fantasy VIII!

check this out (part of the ending of FF8. it kinda reminds me of my bad trip on shrooms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfCoLuhY53Q )

I actually absolutely agree!

The whole FF8 was very psychedelic, what with the sorceresses, the mad scientist, "TIME KOMPRESSION!" and all... especially the final boss battle... that was a trip!

mukant666 said:
Has the remake of FF VII came out yet?

I don't believe it's coming out.

Show me a source that says otherwise, and I might be inclined to believe you.

There is no FFVII remake. If there were, you'd know it - all the fanbois will be screaming.

There are, however, at least 5 spinoffs that were (and are going to be) releasesed. Most of them suck. Unbelievable how far square will go to milk out every last drop of money.

I saw my brother and his mate playing FF7 and battling a boss when I was young. After that I searched for that game and I found it, when I found the boss in the game I remembered and it caused a spark. Not only just that connection but I grew to feel for the characters and their adventure. It sounds sad I know, but that's what Final Fantasy does to me. I love it

FF VII its like...OMG...what a game..the midi of the first boss (that helicopter or something) brings a smile to my face lol , FF 12 is great too..but can´t beat VII

but more than FFVII , the SNES FF´s , THOSE were the bomb..gotta love 16 bit rpgs

Jamshyd said:
FF7 was ok... I got stuck at the very end, in the crater, since I stupidly used my one-save-thing at the very top of the crater and so every time I am defeated by sephiroth I have to do the whole crater all over again.

Just use the W-Item dupe trick to get infinite megalixers!