Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
blissfulMenace said:
job setup???

you mean materia? which was one of the most innovative parts of gaming at the time?

i love the materia system, it opens up options for you to strategize.. make chars strong/weak vs elements.. add elements to their attack.. bind spells together to make yourself invincible

i maxed out 3 timers on that game.. 99 hours and managed to get 3 of every master materia

How do you get three of every master materia?

^You just have to master every single Materia, 3 times.

Finder said:
FFIII(VI) is still the undisputed king of all things Final Fantasy.

^ Agreed ;)

I did also love VII, however, and found it to be a wonderful chapter in the series. I also bought the PSX specifically for this one like many others out there, and never regretted it. I've only played through it one time, though, so I think I owe it to myself and to the game to play on through again.

as far as rpg games in general go, i like a bunch of the older japanese rpgs but the newer ones don't do it for me in the same way the new gen of american style ones like fable, oblivion, jade empire, etc. do.

but, back in my childhood, i didn't think any game could be better than the original final fantasy, so that style still is near and dear to my heart.

Man I had this game on pre-order like some six months before it came out, and when I finally got it I vegged out for a month, at least.

Awesome game, best story of the series if you ask me.

^Take your gaywad fairy magic elfy prancing around a castle love elsewhere.

The only good part about that game was the Khajiit, because they look like kitties, and kitties fuckin rock.

XFFXFOXLIFEX FUCKERS!

One time, I had my FFVII file so maxxed out that I couldn't even remove anyone's Accessory without freezing my PS1. The amount of gil listed on my save file in the memory card creen was different than the amount listed in my game menu. Needless to say, the amount of gil was way past the point of relevance. This was natural given that I had spent probably 200+ hours after reaching the Northern Cave just mastering my All materias until they filled up everyone's materia slots and every free materia place in the game menu, and then going back up and selling them (only to repeat that process many, many times). Of course I also had everything else possible in the game as well.

It really is a masterpiece, I'm playing it right now on my playstation emulator. My roommate just got XII and he thought it was badass at first, but complains that there's nothing drawing him in and making him feel like he's actually doing something, unlike VII.

I bought Final Fantasy XII with much anticipation. I'd never played any of the FF seies before and was looking forward to it. I switched it on and after sitting through what seemed like hours of dialogue and animations... nothing. Just a shitty turn-based game with some pretty graphics and music, but with very little else.

It pretty much bored me to tears... and I'm usually into the whole swordplay fantasy games. Switched it off after 15 minutes and I think I played it again, once, but never got past the first couple of screens. Sold it within two weeks of buying it.
wArEhOuSePuNk said:
Japanese RPGs blow nut sak......period.
If they're anything like what I saw in FFXII, then yeah, probably true.

tambourine-man said:
I bought Final Fantasy XII with much anticipation. I'd never played any of the FF seies before and was looking forward to it. I switched it on and after sitting through what seemed like hours of dialogue and animations... nothing. Just a shitty turn-based game with some pretty graphics and music, but with very little else.

Yep, FFXII was a huge disappointment. The really sad thing is that I spent 90 hours completing the sodding thing in the hope that it would get better. But alas, it never did. :(

FFVII though, now THAT's a different matter.....

Final Fantasy VII is a classic in every sense of the word. Some say III or (VI if you prefer it that way) spins the better yarn, but no RPG past, present or, I suspect future, will ever be as seminal as FFVII.

It was at turns dark & melancholy, yet light & humourous, graphically astounding for its day, full of hidden mini-games, & without doubt had the best soundtrack to any Final Fintasy game (or possibly any game, come to think of it). But above all, it had the best cast of characters of any RPG I've ever played. It says something that I can, at a stroke, recall every single one of them in both sight & personality - the same can't be said for any of the other series'.

The thing is, all this in-depth eulogising is unnecessary really because the greatness of FFVII can be summed up in one simple image:

sephirothvz9.jpg

%)

FF7 was my fav. game ever...

Although have been playing the new version of FF3 on DS lately ;)

i got ff3 for the ds a few months ago and it is so hard! =D
personally i've loved every ff from 7 through to 12 (except 9 cos that sucked ass)- 8 for me was especially good- think i just loved the whole squall,rinoa, quistis love triangle =D and it had carbuncle(the best and cutest aeon ever).
i've just learnt that with the newer ones you have to not compare to how the older ones were made, they are all unique games with similar storylines of light and dark and mythical creatures- at the end of the day final fantasy rocks and i hope i'm still playing it when they bring out ff100=D

I liked the character story & relations in 8 but the rest of the game was no match for 7

031027big.jpg

had this in my gallery for awhile. forgot about it until now somehow.

edit: couldnt read the shit via gallery link. lets try w/photobucket.

Last edited:
^ haha, they really needed to add a Barry Manilow materia
Still the best game ever made

200px-Cactuar%20B.GIF

FF10 is my second pick of FF games. Penance, I ownz joo

Last edited: