Vent/Rant Thread vs I'll tell you how I really feel (Triggering Content)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eveli, I'd like to remind you not to directly mention other Bluelighters in your vent/rants.

Welcome to the 4th Vent/Rant thread. So this is the place to get all that off your chest.. to tell the world about what is going down.. so blow of that tension and vent that anger. Please support others and we will try and support you. The rules are more lenient for this thread but triggering content is not allowed. Remember, just because the rules are lighter in here, it still does not give anybody the right to direct aggressive & abuse comments at each other.

I agree this is not direct abuse, however it can open up a can of worms if that member decides to let off some steam in your direction in here as well..

So please, for the benefit of us all, lets keep our vents/rants anonymous :).

Last edited:
Sorry for how I acted. I'm so annoyed at myself. I've ruined months of hard work cause one person upset me n I mean on here too. Just wanted to help people n give something back but I've ruined everything. Really sorry xxxx

Sorry for how I acted. I'm so annoyed at myself. I've ruined months of hard work cause one person upset me n I mean on here too. Just wanted to help people n give something back but I've ruined everything. Really sorry xxxx

I would not choose to look at this in this manor.. you have made great strides and this does not take away from all you have accomplished. recovery is a process and the only thing we need to do is learn from our slips. dust yourself off, learn the lesson it gives, and keep moving forward<3

One thing I would look at is how this all went down. It seems like a strong trigger for you is when you feel another person is treating you poorly. this seems to cause a very unpleasant emotions and mood for you. you then use this to justify your use. This is addict thinking as it does not make sense. Its could be looked at as I am so upset at what has happened that it justifies me using a substance that makes me miserable and ruins my life. I we take the time to think through any set of circumstances that we think initially justify us using we so often find that they dont make sense when we look at them further. Another big one for allot of people is using guilt over circumstances caused by drug abuse to justify more drug abuse. That one is like I am so ashamed and guilt stricken over the damage I have done hitting myself in the head with a hammer that I need to and am going to hit myself in the head with a hammer.

The part of the brain thats addicted and want use no matter what is powerful and very manipulative. It is in control of our emotions and moods.. it knows we dont think clearly and are weaker when we are upset. The whole purpose of emotions is to make us do what it wants. In learning techniques to calm down and rethink any thought process that ends in use is a good way to see through portions of its game. There is never a good reason or justification to use a substance that we are addicted to as they always suck and ruin us. So when ever the I need to use or the old fuck it im getting fucked up moment comes.. throw up a red flag and review the events and thought that lead up to that moment.. cause with addiction all wells lead to use, even if they make no sense, and when we reach that moment our addiction smiles and chuckles because we have once again gotten played. Its a weird concept to not be able to trust our own thoughts, but once we see this then it hard not to see it.. once you see a portion of the delusion of addiction it losses it power.

The lesson from this one could be that there may be a few areas you can explore. what can you do or change to limit the power other peoples actions have over you and your emotions and moods. what would be a healthy way for you handle this situation when you come across it again. ??

Your doing great Evel=D.. keep at it this shit is hard but you have come so far and are fighting hard to keep moving forward in this battle. :)

Last edited:
A lot. I was very put off recently but I think I rebounded from it all right.

I have a lot on my plate but I am going to do my best.

Same here, I have a lot on my plate as well, so much responsibilities so I hear ya ;) we need a break sometimes and weekends are for that!

What will you do when another twat comes along? Walk away. Learn to laugh at them. I was more like you once. Time and life taught me to cope with that big old world x

^exactly life is too short to bitch about so many things and it just takes out a lot of positive energy that you should be using to improve and be better.

Seems like these are the comments of one person and there are allot of people who like and respect you here. Why do you care what other people think about you, your doc, or the manner in which you have decided to address the addiction?

"I feel ASHAMED n HUMILIATED that I couldn't get off codeine n went on suboxone n this is something that bothers me n most people who talk to me know this." Why do you feel ashamed and humiliated at this.. I sure there are more than a few people here on bluelight who couldn't get off codeine so they just went to a stronger opait on their longer more miserable road to the same suboxone your on? What other people say is just their opinion and you know what I say about the opinions of other people.. Fuck Them.

"For the first time yesterday I felt I didn't belong on BL. I felt judged, humiliated, torn apart. It took me months to get to a good place where I was not feeling like a weak person who is laughed at n a complete joke because I could not overcome a weak opiate like codeine."

Why did you choose to think this.. i feel you put way to much emphasis on what drug people are addicted to.. sure codeine may not have as harsh withdrawal as fentanyl or methadone.. but since methadone can have very harsh withdrawal does this mean that people who have kicked methadone are superior to people who are having trouble kicking morphine. Addiction is the real battle not a couple of weeks of being sick. When the acutes are over then the real battle begins. I mean the most addictive substances dont really even have severe withdrawal. The psychological battle is the real hard thing to master. And the drug a person is addicted to does not change the underlying toughness of trying to win against addiction. I know some people rase they eyes at a marijuana addiction.. I agree that the likely hood of a person developing a marijuana addiction is much less then other drugs.. but for the people who develop the addiction is just as hard for them to battle it as anything else. Sure they live a higher quality of life generally than a addict of another drug because a marijuana addiction is less devastating to peoples live mostly. But it really doesn't matter what drug got us here.. all that matters is how we are progressing in the recovery we decided was best for us.

Why do you care what other people think about your drug of choice.. why do you care what stupid people say or do.. the world is full of pigs and morons.. they are everywhere and they are always running their mouth.. non stop.. so there is no way to avoid them so if you if you dont want to continue being as slave to what they say and think then you are just going to have to begin to value what you think over what they think. Who knows whats right for you? you do.. who is right about whats right for you, you are... if someone makes a comment or expresses an opinion that you dont share does that make you wrong.. of course not.. do you need everyone to like you.. nope this will never happen. do you need the approval of others to make your ideas and plans right.. fuck no. does what drug you did to get here make anyfucking diffrence.. not unless people are using this as some sorta status symbol... if I were you I would use how your recovery is going and how your life is improving as a status level.

what do you use as a technique of letting things that are out of your control go.. if we are unable to recognize when something is out of our control go then this can cause a whole lot of absolutely useless resentment, anger, anxiety, and frustration. Do you ever identify whether a situation your are in is in your control or not? If a situation isn't in our control then we need to accept the outcome and work on how we perceive the situation as that is in our control.

Im gonna die so fucking young

gotta stopbuying this cheap shit alcohol

Sure.

Mods. Sorry to bother you n to be a pain. Is there any chance That certain correspondence can be deleted? I've gone through the appropriate channels now so that would be best if ok with you. I feel a lot better now n I apologise.

Hi Evey, I think you may have already deleted posts in question because I don't see them.
If I missed something let me know. Glad you're doing better today! :)

Everyone is both incompetent and stupid, I need to move out into another galaxy.

Yes i did. I put something on extremely confidential about an ex plus other stuff. Thanks everyone for your support. TDS n EADD have really come through for me n been huge means of support. Sorry I acted a bit immaturely n I appreciate everything that was said. Truly means a lot to me n makes me feel like I do belong at Bluelight after all. You're right though I've got to stop being so affected by others' opinions of me
Evey xxxx

We've all been there huny! ;) <3

I wish a certain person would quit trying to fuck with my head. They are an an absolute, toxic burden and I want no more to do with them, I am totally aware of their bullshit, despite the fact they think I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.