• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Vaccine

I would find Belladonna a good name but that just me and your a guy so i see why
Bella Figura. Got a Song loaded up??
If yes, please (!!!!) lemme hear in. But no jokin, only if really you and i got that right with the badass Punk Band

I like lots of music, I dunno why you think I define myself by a music genre. What are you some kinda conspiracy theorist?
Nope. No Conspiracy nut. Was nice talking to ya, but gotta go now.
Already late to my Illuminati meeting

More information about this here :

Hows the hangover, Diz?
I don’t drink very much tbh. I was pretty unwell recently though and due to hypoglycaemia I was in hospital but I’m at home and feeling much better. Did have to drink coke yesterday which I hate but was needed to keep blood sugar up as I was dipping a lot.

For sure I will. I got nothing to lose as I’m immune compromised so why not be a guinea pig?

However one out of three of my kids (who isn’t immune compromised thankfully) had a bad reaction to 3 of her scheduled vaccinations as baby.
Sky rocketing fevers that caused febrile convulsions (coincidentally she grew to develop epilepsy, and febrile convulsions as a baby is one of the noted commonalities though I don’t know if the vax caused the condition or she was susceptible to it from birth)
For whatever reason doctors didn’t see it as important enough to do allergy testing so we never did get to learn what key ingredient she had a reaction to.
She won’t be having the vaccine in the early roll outs, I’m nervous about the fact we usually put a med through up to 30 years of trials before having it placed on the PBS, not enough people will have had the vax for quite some time yet to conclude that its safe for the majority and I really don’t care to risk her brain melting down in a convulsion.

For sure I will. I got nothing to lose as I’m immune compromised so why not be a guinea pig?

However one out of three of my kids (who isn’t immune compromised thankfully) had a bad reaction to 3 of her scheduled vaccinations as baby.
Sky rocketing fevers that caused febrile convulsions (coincidentally she grew to develop epilepsy, and febrile convulsions as a baby is one of the noted commonalities though I don’t know if the vax caused the condition or she was susceptible to it from birth)
For whatever reason doctors didn’t see it as important enough to do allergy testing so we never did get to learn what key ingredient she had a reaction to.
She won’t be having the vaccine in the early roll outs, I’m nervous about the fact we usually put a med through up to 30 years of trials before having it placed on the PBS, not enough people will have had the vax for quite some time yet to conclude that its safe for the majority and I really don’t care to risk her brain melting down in a convulsion.

Yes, febrile convulsions are very scary for the parents - I've been there. However, they are also very common in young children and usually don't result in lasting problems. But please rest assured that your children will be way down on the list of recipients for the Covid vaccine.

Just also want to point out that the reason these vaccines have been developed so quickly is that virtually all other research has been postponed due to the pandemic. It's amazing what science can do when given a free reign...

Yes, febrile convulsions are very scary for the parents - I've been there. However, they are also very common in young children and usually don't result in lasting problems. But please rest assured that your children will be way down on the list of recipients for the Covid vaccine.

Just also want to point out that the reason these vaccines have been developed so quickly is that virtually all other research has been postponed due to the pandemic. It's amazing what science can do when given a free reign...
Oh I totally get it, and cheers for the reassurance hey 😘
Appreciate it.
Sadly, she’s now 14 and does have full blown epilepsy.
We already deal with, and have grown used to, grand mal seizures of 5 to 8 minutes in length a couple times a month.
The frightening thing is that at the 5 minute mark they begin to hit a danger point as there’s no longer enough oxygen to sustain brain function, and that’s where we run risk of damage.
Her last febrile convulsion was roughly 7 minutes long and left her with a lazy left eye. Each reaction got worse causing a seizure of longer duration.
She hasn’t had a vaccination since age 4 I think. With our GP’s support.
I’m not sure if he will recommend Covid vax even or not.
I just don’t know what the link is between her actual epilepsy and the febrile seizures, if there is in fact any at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Quick google reveals that 10 billion oral polio vaccines have been given out. So based on your quoted figure, disaster rate is 0.0025%, significantly lower than the rate of serious polio complications and thus a significant victory for medical science.

Lack of success in the past doesnt mean something is impossible, it can signify a lack of interest from the scientific community. We'd been trying to build flying machines for centuries before succeeding.

I should add, I've worked in pre clinical research so am aware of how extensive tests must be before you start testing on humans. Only exceptions being people in advanced stages of terminal, untreatable conditions for whom a novel therapy might be a chance at life.

Yes that's why peer review and open access is so important, the community self polices relatively well.

The current situation is having a vastly detrimental impact on many peoples mental health, and as more jobs are lost it will only get worse. Its not sustainable.

If people had never taken the smallpox vaccine due to fears of 'side effects', we wouldn't be worrying about fuckin Covid-19 now that's for sure.

Smallpox and COVID have different mortality rates. Comparing the two is asinine right now. 99% of people with COVID will survive it, as of date.

Let’s get smart:

That's not the point.

The point is that there is nothing to fear from vaccines - they are statistically less harmful than the diseases they are designed to combat and invariably do more good than harm.