Using masturbation as an escape from depression

It definately affects your workout if you do it before a workout.

I didnt do it at all for past 2 or 3 days now, i just had the best workout in weeks,
I had much more energy to do it, my arms feel really tired now, Success . :)

Taking a few days off is a great idea, and you'll certainly see a difference. For me, abstinence starts losing its benefit and becomes distracting at around the 1 week mark. Hence the balance between too much and not enough.

It definately affects your workout if you do it before a workout.

I didnt do it at all for past 2 or 3 days now, i just had the best workout in weeks,
I had much more energy to do it, my arms feel really tired now, Success . :)

agreed. I notice that I am much more aggressive in the gym if there hasn't been any release in a coupla days

Haha I am 90% sure it isn't legal for me to post in this thread.

Yes.

Although I kicked drugs and tobacco awhile ago, I now realize that I use masturbation to self-medicate. I have a pretty good life (from an outsider's standpoint): part time job, in community college, healthy. However, I'm not close to any of my friends anymore, my sex life is non-existent, so I feel empty and depressed most of the time because I have no one to emotionally support me. I don't remember the last time I masturbated because I was simply horny. Every time it's because I'm feeling down and empty and I want a high.

Is this healthy, and does anybody else do this? Sorry I don't have any good questions to ask, I'm just basically seeking any kind of advice, suggestions, help, comments, etc.

It's normal human behavior.

I know this goes against the grain of "modern understanding", but masturbation is not healthy. Unfortunately no real objective study has been done on sexual practices and the affect on the mental state of an individual

This is obviously wrong, but let's pretend for the sake of argument that "no real study" has ever been done. If this is the case, then how can you conclusively say that masturbation is not healthy? You're a hypocrite.

My favorite line ever was from the movie Welcome to Me where the lottery-winning character says on national television, "I've been using masturbation as a sedative since 1973." https://youtu.be/r0KEe-hMsLg

Sad to say I've done this. I feel terrible afterwards so I don't do it anymore. I don't think it's healthy. In the past I've masterbated so much to the point where I passed out while standing up almost getting a concussion. Might have gotten a concussion not sure :/ I'm done masterbating and going to fight through my depression.

Although I kicked drugs and tobacco awhile ago, I now realize that I use masturbation to self-medicate. I have a pretty good life (from an outsider's standpoint): part time job, in community college, healthy. However, I'm not close to any of my friends anymore, my sex life is non-existent, so I feel empty and depressed most of the time because I have no one to emotionally support me. I don't remember the last time I masturbated because I was simply horny. Every time it's because I'm feeling down and empty and I want a high.

Is this healthy, and does anybody else do this? Sorry I don't have any good questions to ask, I'm just basically seeking any kind of advice, suggestions, help, comments, etc.

I've done this my whole life to one extent or another. Many many people do. Don't get down on yourself for it. It's a natural outlet for us lonely guys. My story is very similar to yours. I just have two dogs for company and I've lost contact with most of my good friends due to time and distance. If you ever want to just chat please feel free to PM me anytime. Best of luck brother. I know how you feel.

This is obviously wrong, but let's pretend for the sake of argument that "no real study" has ever been done. If this is the case, then how can you conclusively say that masturbation is not healthy? You're a hypocrite.

I agree. Usually we are taught that masturbation is wrong and religion is behind most of this nonsense. Look how it turned out for a lot of Catholic priests.

I have a problem, I'd masterbait up to 4-5 times in a row and sometimes would feel like I lost all happiness especially during dark depression but I think I do have a mental illness so I can't say whether its bad for you. Since there are times where I felt fine afterwards but when I'm depressed it makes it worse so I choose not to in hopes to not delve deeper into depression afterwards.