• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Urination on opiates

Cannix

Greenlighter
Has anybody found a remedy that makes urination easier while on opiates?

Drink enough water, a common mistake is not drinking enough because it’s hard to urinate, this just makes things worse.

Sit in a warm bath if it’s really bad, you should be able to pee in there.

Running the tap can help as well as drinking whilst actually trying to pee.

Most important of all, see your Dr, there can be many other reasons you’ve urine retention and it’s something that needs investigated by a professional.

I do agree but the only time I have any difficulty is while using an opiate stronger than hydrocodone.

Diuretics possibly, but I think if you're on a high dose of opioids not much is going to help.

Lower doses are a different story and @MsDiz gave some great advice

it really depends on how much opioids you've taken... one time I was waiting at the psych ward/hospital intake and they required I peed before they would let me in. I was still a bit high on heroin, had used maybe 5-6 hours ago.

I probably drank 2 gallons of water within 2 hours there, waiting, waiting, going in and out of the bathroom. I felt a massive pressure in my bladder but for whatever reason the heroin made my muscles relax enough and prevented pee no matter how close I felt I was getting to it.

After drinking 2 gallons of water, waiting literally 6 hours in the hallway of an emergency room - they said 'fuck it' and gave me a catheter. If you have never had a catheter as a male... well I hope you don't. It was excruciatingly painful, uncomfortable while high on heroin... AND embarrassing (even tho a cute young nurse was doing it, that was the last thing I was thinking of. I felt like she didn't want do it it as much as I didn't want to...)

It’s really embarrassing if your at a bar or a public place and your standing at the urinal for 10min as people walk up piss and leave and your just standing there with your dick out not pissing, people must think I’m cock hunting or something, but eventually you will piss

It’s really embarrassing if your at a bar or a public place and your standing at the urinal for 10min as people walk up piss and leave and your just standing there with your dick out not pissing, people must think I’m cock hunting or something, but eventually you will piss
Some people, including myself, suffer from some level "sage fright" while pissing in a urinal next to another man

If it's really bad, tadalafil or silodosin help (they're medications which relax the bladder outlet; there's several others apart from just those two ; ask your doc).

As for pissing in public, specially when having trouble, I find it less performance - anxiety inducing to use a cubicle. You can take as long as you like in there and people will simply assume you're taking the dump of the century (which, on opiates, is also an issue xd).

If it's really bad, tadalafil or silodosin help (they're medications which relax the bladder outlet; there's several others apart from just those two ; ask your doc).

As for pissing in public, specially when having trouble, I find it less performance - anxiety inducing to use a cubicle. You can take as long as you like in there and people will simply assume you're taking the dump of the century (which, on opiates, is also an issue xd).
I don’t know why but the shitters freak me out in public areas, I mean if I have no choice I’ll put down like 5 ass gaskets and shit, but for the most part I avoid them like the plague, maybe cause I have brothers and my group of friends in highschool where always whipping their ducks out to be funny, but I have no issues at the urinal, if I catch a dude look at my dick I’ll just say something like “pretty impressive right”

I once had urinary retention so bad from opiates that I couldn't pee for nearly 10 hours, by which stage it is considered a medical emergency. I went to the ER and got rushed through, they had to put a catheter in my urethra to empty my bladder. They got to it just in time, because I had nearly 1 litre of urine in there and it wouldn't have been much longer until my bladder burst. I had to then keep the catheter in and carry a urine bag around with me for a few days afterwards. The whole ordeal suuuuucked but I was lucky to come out of it unscathed.

If you cannot pee for more than 8 hours despite your bladder feeling full and feeling the urge to pee, it is a medical emergency and you must go to the Emergency Department. The bladder can actually burst if it gets too full, which can cause sepsis or death, or it can stretch and cause the bladder muscles to weaken permanently. Please seek medical attention if you experience this.

On this general note, reminder to everyone not to overdo the ket because that can cause serious bladder damage and lead to permanent incontinence and worse.