Undercover Ravers?

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being busted by the cops from this site???

Yes, more than once - though not by being obvious and dropping into threads awkwardly like narcs do at clubs. No, it's a well accepted fact that law enforcement around the world read this site - to learn what's going around, to learn the lingo, perhaps pick up on some who-where-what-when opportunities for busts, but ultimately they don't mess with individuals thru a site like this. If they can see a patter of someone dealing, or a large gathering with a lot of drugs being discussed...yeah, they'll take note of it. Hence we have a lot of rules in place to keep people from incriminating themselves, risking others, etc - such that you'll find posts get edited or removed entirely, and repeat posts like that will earn the member a vacation (ban) from the site. But ultimately, it comes down to what others have said on protecting yourself in real life.... don't be stupid. Don't say or do things that will bring attention to you, or give LEO a chance to approach you and bust you for something. We try to help you, but it is on your shoulders to 'not be stupid' - here or at a venue. :\

For those wanting more info on what has happened here, you can search the site for either a large bust in Australia back around 2000 or 2002, a lot of EADD members shitting their pants as mail order rc's were being tracked down, or for the Americans we had a wonderful time at Brown Rave 2 (a private party that was probably not busted thru this site, but wasn't held very discreetly and we ended up with several arrests (keyword BL16). Not good times. Learn from their mistakes, don't be stupid.

Also, not every old fart at a club or event is a narc....and for the real people attending, it is hard enough to bring ourselves out knowing we're twice the average age - don't write us all off just for being old, please.

/TLB, tired of being asked 'do you work here?' 8)

1. never sell to anyone unless your on acid

2. Ask them alot of questions like where there from how old they are etc and see if you buy it

3. ask them to give you a light show

I'm pretty sure some UCs were checkin' me out Saturday night at a club...

I was rollin' balls, but went outside on the deck to smoke a cig.. as I was sitting there, I noticed these two clean-lookin' guys just standin' there next to each other with their arms crossed, lookin' around, not really saying anything to each other. Occasionally, one of them would glance at me, and they started kinda mumblin' shit to each other, and kept lookin' back at me.

I started to act like I wasn't paying attention, and not two minutes later, they both came and sat next to me, even though there was an entire deck to sit/stand on.

I just kinda sat there for a second... finishing me cigarette, which didn't take long. I got up before they could say anything to me.

It was kinda weird, though.

Hah fuck, seeing a bunch of UC dressed as ravers dragging people away would be such a roll kill!

I remember I was at a club with a mate and we were on the balcony rolling pretty hard when a stocky neatly-dressed (well, for the club) guy came up next to me and started chatting away. It didn't take long for the sirens to go off in my head as he was talking with this weird smile, almost as if he was *gasp* acting like he was happily in his own world despite the fact his pupils weren't dialated and he had a beer in his hand.

He said that he's "a DJ playing at a comp next week and was looking for some pills" Which definately made me think 'Hang on, if he's a DJ then surely he wouldn't need to approach randoms to get what he wants' My friend however was too munted to realise, went to reach into his pocket and was opening his mouth ready to say whatever when I leaned on my friend and smiled politely "Nahhhh sorry man, don't have any. We're in the same boat."

I'm sure as he looked at us with glassy eyes and chupa chups in mouth he must've been pissed off, he did look a bit perplexed as he left and I made sure to have solid eye contact and a warm "Have a goood night :)"

You become so hyperintuitve on acid thats its almost in the realm of telepathy. You can always tell someones intentions.

haha I would agree with this.

unless someone knows you're on acid. then they can give you whatever impression they want you to have of them just by the tone of their voice and facial expressions... but who would know? unless they're not a uc

o yea i assume everyone is a cop wen i go to a public rave like that but i still have a great time, but im just there for the music, wink wink*

yeah, i went to a rave last night. I had some gloves and a backpack for my gatorades and mints and what not. I saw a guy making a line straight towards me through the crowd. "hey man, you got the hook up on the pills?" I took a good look at him and it just didn't seem right. He was dressed too fresh and when i looked at his face/eyes you could tell he was older than he was pretending to be. i just told him "nah man, i don't mess with that stuff, i'm just here enjoyin the music." He looked at me and said "oh alright" and looked around and walked off. I just got a bad vibe off this guy.

Despite being despicable people cops are most definitely not stupid or amateurs. They are paid big money to put you in jail so you had better believe they are doing their best to fit in and learn the lingo.

Also we have all met that one really charismatic girl and got a crush on her, later to find out she is a selfish evil bitch. Don't think that there are not police officers with that same talent for deception.

Best rule of thumb, do not admit to anything.

Despite being despicable people cops are most definitely not stupid or amateurs. They are paid big money to put you in jail so you had better believe they are doing their best to fit in and learn the lingo.

Cops are part of a system and any system (once understood) can be beaten.

What are the chances that cops can have very YOUNG affiliates working with them. Like say, a 19 year old kid comes up asking you about pills, while the guys who make the bust stand by and watch? It wouldn't surprise me if they introduced that technique.

The way i see it, if someone goes to a rave without their shit, its their fault not yours. It's not anyones responsibility to help them.

I have never had any encounters with undercover cops while raving, I see plenty of uniformed cops walking around but no undercovers, but then again I never buy anything inside a rave unless ive previously known the person.

I never sell inside a rave either, I dont sell any form of drugs ever anyway but even if someone wants like one pill im cautious and just dont sell em to anyone or even let people know that I have them coz as soon as one person knows 50 people know and youre getting hassled the whole night for pills. I honestly reckon being a dealer in a rave would suck, you wouldnt be able to enjoy your night, sure youd be making money but I still would rather party and have a job during the daytime, dealing at a rave would feel like im abusing the rave, sounds weird I know but raves really arent all about the drugs, of course theyre mostly about drugs but the rest is dancing, socializing and of course the DJ's and music.

Yeh im off my face, the ramble just ceased.

I hope the massive I'm going to later in the month will be better. I don't know if I've ever seen any undercovers, since most of the people dancing get really into it, and I can't imagine a cop jumping around with everyone else and stuff.

I wonder if they try to pretend like they are rolling, but surely they don't know how to. I think I could tell that they weren't (even if I were sober).

The thought of that made me laugh.

The fact is there are undercovers and pretty much every event in pretty much every culture. You need to be careful no matter where you are, even if the event seems safe, you never know.

It seems like a waste of their time to me though. How about focusing on violent criminals. The worst thing I've seen at a rave besides the drug use is maybe somebody getting ripped off and sold fake shit. Raves are very peaceful and if nobody is hurting anybody or causing problems, then why not let them be. Their time would be better spent at maybe a hiphop concert, where there is a much higher chance of violence (fights or shootings), or even busting violent drug dealers like the gang bangers who stand on the corner ( not meaning to focus on the black community, just the 1st things that came to mind).

I have hope at the moment with the Obama administration seeing as he seems to have a much more liberal attitude when it comes to drugs. Things will not change over night and it will take a very long time but the important thing is that it has started. I don't know where I heard the comparison of drug law changing to an ocean liner changing direction and going in reverse at sea. It takes a long time to stop the momentum and change direction but it will happen. I butchered quote that but you get the idea.

I read that and thought of Motion Music Festival here on Oahu and remembered some guy getting mobbed outside by like 5 people, head to the wall and everything.

Anyways, on topic.
This one undercover straight up bought rolls from my friend. Later that night he busted out his badge and searched my other friend. Said he was from Seattle but looked totally out of place. This fucker looked 20+ and was groping some 16 17 year olds. Undercovers will always be a problem.

Last edited:
I love that the cops here show up to psytrance parties in the AM, after everyone has consumed whatever substances and is coming down, and then only to tell us to cut the subs a bit, lol. One time they showed up at like 3AM, looking for "underage drinkers". When it turned out everyone was of age, they got annoyed, so they made us turn off the sound system, and left. Which was pretty hilarious, as I most people were tripping balls and were all "ooh, light show, and we did'nt go to jail". I don't know that we've ever had undercovers come to these things, since they aren't that well advertised, and in a small scene, weird new people stick out.

mDma I HIGHLY recommend that you edit your post before the feds see it and bust YOUR ass for dist

I know that the cops shut down some parties around here, but I've never been to one which was shut down.

And nice avatar, royksopp; Arnej rocks.