Undercover Ravers?

iNOVA

Ex-Bluelighter
So this weekend I was at a massive in SF. They didn't really search us at the door which was odd as our pockets were obviously full. They didn't even care about my green laser.

When we got in security was CRAZY. There were cops and security guards dragging people off left and right.

I was shining my green laser from the bleachers. Later a security guard practically jumped me from behind and tried to take it. Luckily he saw my fake dog tags and thought I was in the Army and let me keep it

Then when were on the dance floor, we see someone dressed as a raver in full blown candy and phat pants run up and bear hug this guy from behind. Then from the sides two more "ravers" run up and handcuff the kid and drag him off.

WTF?

That really sucks, but undercover cops infiltrating all sorts of subcultures is nothing new. Sounds like maybe the property owner or promoter and the police were working some kind of sting.

Kandi Kops 8)

fucking terrific.

Was this etdPOP by any chance?

I'm glad the police force is spending thousands of dollars on undercovers infiltrating these events..... is not like we need cops to ACTUALLY ARREST DANGEROUS CRIMINALS.

The world has gone mad I tell you.

Wow, nevermind the people fighting/shooting/stealing/violent criming outside of the rave, THERES DRUGS BEING SOLD!!!!

its pretty easy to know who isn't a cop in my state at parties....

ask the constant partiers if so and so is a cop....

I had really wanted a bowl at the last party i went to and my friend was like "if i can find anyone with any i will find you" he finally did and they wanted to know if i was a cop.... i laughed, pointed to my friend and was like "cops can not eat as many drugs as i have eaten with this kid, remember the festival when everyone just kept munching down shrooms and a multidude of designer drugs.... tripping for 3 days and staying baked the entire weekend"

I only buy from people who we are damn sure are not cops....

Well, that is the American Drug war for ya. People get busted for buying a dime bag while rapists just run rampant. Really it is a war against the people and some of them are so stupid to support this crap!

I haven't been to many of the clubs down in the Dallas yet, but all my friends say that there are undercover cops everywhere down there... they said that the cops (who look like normal people), will come up to you and ask if you know where they can get any rolls or ask if you have any.

They've told me that you always, and I mean ALWAYS say no, unless you know the person personally. That's how people get put in jail.

I can't help but laugh at the image of some mid 40's looking dudes with goatee's and a gruff look, fully candy'd out, running around some rave trying to score pills :p

But yeah lesson learned, if you don't know someone personally, you can never be sure they aren't a cop. I found out the hard way, though luckily some quick thinking and smooth talking got me off clean (not easy when you're 3 pills and 2 points into the night!).

These stories make me laugh. Its like the UK in the early 1990s.
No repetitive beats! LOL

In OKC, it was always the classic honey trap. One hot girl and some dude ("not my boyfriend, just a friend"). Girl does the hitting up for drugs, guy's there for backup. They were always about 5 years too old for whatever club they are in.
If you ask if they are a cop, 100% of the time they will respond "Do I look like a cop?" About 70% of the time, they would say "Oh we were thinking that you were a cop."

I would enjoy fucking with these people. Pretty dangerous to do so in hindsight.

those people weren't cops. they were pretending to be cops and stealing your skittles!!

I was reading an article about that happening at etdPop (I'm assuming that's where you were). Direct quote: "For the third year in a row, undercover officers converged on the Cow Palace to try to put an end to the drug dealing at the annual event." End drug dealing at a rave? God damn, how fucking stupid are these people?

Common sense rules:
Do not buy/sell anything ILLEGAL to people you do not know. It's pretty obvious about the undercovers and I think the promoter is obligated to let the police to do this. LOVE THE MUSIC GAIZ!!!!

It was etdPOP. Is the cow palace notorious for undercovers or something?

EDC isn't going to be like that this year is it? I have never seen undercovers at insomniac raves...they usually just search you really good before you go in..

I can't help but laugh at the image of some mid 40's looking dudes with goatee's and a gruff look, fully candy'd out, running around some rave trying to score pills :p

But yeah lesson learned, if you don't know someone personally, you can never be sure they aren't a cop. I found out the hard way, though luckily some quick thinking and smooth talking got me off clean (not easy when you're 3 pills and 2 points into the night!).

The thought of that made me laugh.

The fact is there are undercovers and pretty much every event in pretty much every culture. You need to be careful no matter where you are, even if the event seems safe, you never know.

It seems like a waste of their time to me though. How about focusing on violent criminals. The worst thing I've seen at a rave besides the drug use is maybe somebody getting ripped off and sold fake shit. Raves are very peaceful and if nobody is hurting anybody or causing problems, then why not let them be. Their time would be better spent at maybe a hiphop concert, where there is a much higher chance of violence (fights or shootings), or even busting violent drug dealers like the gang bangers who stand on the corner ( not meaning to focus on the black community, just the 1st things that came to mind).

I have hope at the moment with the Obama administration seeing as he seems to have a much more liberal attitude when it comes to drugs. Things will not change over night and it will take a very long time but the important thing is that it has started. I don't know where I heard the comparison of drug law changing to an ocean liner changing direction and going in reverse at sea. It takes a long time to stop the momentum and change direction but it will happen. I butchered quote that but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I heard a lot about this event since I live not that far away. I knew people who went and had a great time. After reading so much online about undercovers and crazy shit, I think I'd feel sketchy and worried going there.