• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

i've heard from several people that white poppy seeds are no good for PST, but i've not tried it myself.
wherever i've seen white poppy seeds they have been very expensive (3-5 times the price of regular blue/black seeds) thus not worth it for a gamble. stick to what you know, i reckon.
There happens to be a drum of variant "album"[white seed] having the M precipitated out of it not far away at all, its bloody high yielding M mate, very light colored pods when dry, big too, great yield:)

Found some plants (perhaps 7-8 small to big pods) and made a tea cooking all plant parts at low/medium temperature in some water for perhaps 3h. What i got now is a dark green liquid, which i filtered and put in the fridge yesterday. Can i plug this substance to get effects from it? I'd start with a small 1ml syringe...
NO, definetly not man!!! Could be enough thebaine in there to stuff you up big time, their unknowns, and shooting poppy juice is just not on bud. Extract the M, its safer, and easy:)

NO, definetly not man!!! Could be enough thebaine in there to stuff you up big time, their unknowns, and shooting poppy juice is just not on bud. Extract the M, its safer, and easy:)

While I agree that his green pod juice may be no good to plug, that doesnt mean that a concentrated tea isnt.

What do you mean by "enough thebaine to stuff you up big time" - that doesnt make any sense to me. I would love to see a valid source claiming this.

Also... I have had good white seeds for PST, i bought them at an indian food store at $4/100g and my tolly was super low but I will say that 300g (2/3lb) was enough to get me a nice buzz/mild high.

now i just check out http://poppyseedreview.tumblr.com for what kind of seeds are the best and i get good shit all the time!

Naw sometimes 1lb will give you bitter liquid, and other times it still just tastes like stale water. Obviously the former only has noticeable effects.

I was just trying to make sure people knew that like a few ounces would not work.i tryed pst about 3 years ago with just a few ounces and felt no effects.now i've learned that a much greater quantity is needed and was trying to provide a good baseline so everybody is not dropping dead from pst

I was just trying to make sure people knew that like a few ounces would not work.i tryed pst about 3 years ago with just a few ounces and felt no effects.now i've learned that a much greater quantity is needed and was trying to provide a good baseline so everybody is not dropping dead from pst

The problem is that nobody can take one person's experience and safely extrapolate to their situation. Just because you tried it a few years ago and nothing happened, it does not follow that people should know "a few ounces would not work." I have personally known a few ounces to work. I have also personally known a pound not to work. It depends on the seeds and there is NO WAY to predict with certainty whether the seeds you have are going to do anything until you try them. If you are opiate naive and have unwashed seeds with plenty of residue on them, and you prepare them properly, you CAN feel a few ounces. If you are not opiate naive, hope to God you (in general, not you personally) already know about being careful and titrating any new batch of anything that isn't standardized. There is *no such thing* as a good baseline that will hold true for everybody in every case with every possible batch of seeds.

Poppy pod tea?

So, I will soon be attempting to make some poppy pod tea for the first time. A few friends of mine have portrayed the experience as lasting a really long time and being extremely difficult to dose. Is this true at all? And to anyone who has experience making poppy pod tea, any tips so as to ensure a good experience?

There is no one correct way. Here's how I do it.

1. Use a coffee grinder or blender to break down the pods into little bits. The more surface area, the less time will be required to extract the yummies.

2. Create a "tea" in a pot on the stove using hot, non-boiling water. IIRC morphine breaks down around 80C so when I do this with my buddies we try to keep the temp just below that. I'm unsure of the data on other alkaloids in pods.

3. The brew usually gets cooked for about 20 minutes, I've never gone much longer or shorter than that since 20ish seems to work just fine.

4. The brew, tea (whatever) gets filitered using cheesecloth or like material into a drinking glass.

5. Lemon juice is added for absorption and honey is added for taste. The concoction will usually be very bitter. Drinking it can an aversive experience for some... YMMV, I don't have a problem with it personally.

The high takes a very long time to come on, sometimes taking hours to finally peak. The body of the high itself is long-lasting, and if I dose in the late afternoon or evening of day 1, I can be assured to wake up high on day 2. The mixture of substances in pods is essentially the same to what you find in smokeable opium. This also can make withdrawal that much worse if an addiction is gained. The main obstacle to pod tea these days is simply availability. If you have access to pods, I'm envious! Have safe and be fun. Err... what?

6. All the plant material that you take out of the first brewing still has a lot of alkaloids. Perform a second and third extraction and you will get a lot more usable tea.

Well I have another question. Say I collected the dried opium from a pod and wanted to smoke it. How so would I go about doing that and how long/how strong is the high from it?

Tea sounds great and all but my biggest concern was the duration. You know how sometimes it can get to be a bit TOO much and you just want to come down? If it's still going to be in play the next morning then I might want to avoid that, or at the very least make sure I don't take too much. If it takes forever to kick in then it's really difficult for me to drink just the right amount.

Also, can poppy tea be stored and retain the opiates?

So, I will soon be attempting to make some poppy pod tea for the first time. A few friends of mine have portrayed the experience as lasting a really long time and being extremely difficult to dose. Is this true at all? And to anyone who has experience making poppy pod tea, any tips so as to ensure a good experience?

I merged your thread with the megathread on this topic. If you read through this thread as well as the previous threads I'm sure you will find some answers.

Yes I understand I am totally for harm prevention being im somebody whose been at the er with a drug overdose.you have to be careful with this stuff there's no way to test potency.it honestly scares me to think about it.but your right be careful.im mean if you go to poppyseedtea.com (i think is it) they have compiled a list of people who have died.know that you can die from this

Hi all, I have a question.
I have been searching through this and many other forums and threads and could not find anything.
What happened was this- I have been using poppy seed tea for about the last 18 months. The place I buy my seeds from has always been reliable and has always yielded great tea.

However, about 5 days ago, I noticed the seeds I was buying had a strong peppery smell. I mean strong too. As if the people working there had accidentally emptied half of a bag of pepper into the poppy seed hopper. When I took them home and made my tea (for which I have my own "standardized" method that I always use), I noticed that the tea tasted better. It wasn't as shockingly horrible to drink. I also noticed that the tea did nothing at all for me.

The day prior I was soaring after ingesting the same volume of tea. Terrified, because this means facing horrible withdrawals during a critical time at school, I drove all the way across town to the other store that sells the seeds and found that although the seeds at store 2 did smell like pepper, they did work better. I am now drinking 3-5x the tea I would normally have to and I am getting about .1 the high.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar?
What is the pepper smell?

Hi all, I have a question.
I have been searching through this and many other forums and threads and could not find anything.
What happened was this- I have been using poppy seed tea for about the last 18 months. The place I buy my seeds from has always been reliable and has always yielded great tea.

However, about 5 days ago, I noticed the seeds I was buying had a strong peppery smell. I mean strong too. As if the people working there had accidentally emptied half of a bag of pepper into the poppy seed hopper. When I took them home and made my tea (for which I have my own "standardized" method that I always use), I noticed that the tea tasted better. It wasn't as shockingly horrible to drink. I also noticed that the tea did nothing at all for me.

The day prior I was soaring after ingesting the same volume of tea. Terrified, because this means facing horrible withdrawals during a critical time at school, I drove all the way across town to the other store that sells the seeds and found that although the seeds at store 2 did smell like pepper, they did work better. I am now drinking 3-5x the tea I would normally have to and I am getting about .1 the high.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar?
What is the pepper smell?
Consider visiting another store in the same franchise, or otherwise another franchise alltogether; then go back to the original store and check up on the seeds. It could be some factory accident to the seed batches. I know I used to have 10-15 supermarkets to go to when I was using this shit, so I never really had that problem.

for me, an opiate tolerant person, has to use 3 cups of seeds, or 411grams and its a perfect dose.

That's a pretty small dose - you must have some nice seeds! I have an addictive personality and, because I never interacted with anyone, I never had any friends or family or anybody who would sell anything via the street; and I had no medicare card. So I just stayed with seeds; but I ended up using a fuckload a day and funding it by stealing/pawning/cheating the bank; I don't know how anybody can maintain a respectable dose or use casually like yourself. So good for you.

Yes, I ended up scrambling and finding another local international market. The supplier that I did use has the same seeds in all of their locations.
I do also frequently check, and they are still peppery. :?

Hopefully someday they will come back...

I just did a little bit of reading, and I still lack any sort of conclusive answer.
Has anyone tried evaporating their PST in order to circumvent drinking it?
I've read of people using iso alcohol and everclear, but you'd be able to use vodka too.
I think it's redundant to use an alcohol when water would evaporate. Hell, I don't even put lemon juice in my PST as the pH of the tap water in my state is around 7.5

So, I was thinking of double boiling my PST. Anyone have any experience or should I just try it and report back for others who are curious?

Hi everyone,

First of all, I am not so sure about hot water being necessary. Morphine is very soluble even in cold water, hence why "cold-water extraction" works so well for pills containing aspirin, acetaminophen/paracetamol, etc. I do not know about solubility data for all of the P somniferum compounds off the top of my head, but I'd imagine it's similar.

Second of all, regarding lemon juice: use it!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2569731
In case you don't feel like reading: use lemon juice. Extractions are more efficient at lower pH.

If you are thinking of boiling your PST to reduce it to some kind of solid, try "salting" the alkaloids first by using vinegar or lemon juice. I'm curious to see what would happen. Morphine free base would evaporate at a lower temperature, hence why you could smoke opium - maybe use a double boiler if you want the base.

Would anyone here care to share some info on where to obtain some quality pods at a decent price? Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of them growing nearby, here in the States. Although, I already have a large stash of good seeds that will be used toward a few plots of guerilla grown poppies. I would just like to find some good, reasonably priced pods in the meantime. Any help would be much appreciated. PM me or just reply on here.

Cheers.

I just tried poppy pods for the first time. Because I have never done this before, I started with an extremely small amount. I decided to grind up all my pods (I didn't count how many, but there was 1/2 a pound of them so quite a lot) and put the grounds into a plastic ziploc bag and shake well so that the quality would be consistent every time. I used roughly 5 grams for my first batch. I didn't feel much of anything but my opiate tolerance is pretty high right now. I took another dose and I'm waiting to see if I'll feel anything. I have noticed a LITTLE effect, and it seems to me that the poppy high is more of a body high than a head high? And I am wondering what would happen if I took a 50 mg Tramadol. Tramadol has that nice "head high" that I like so maybe the two would be nice together?

Ok, I redosed a few times (reusing the same grounds and adding a bit more) and now I feel nicely opiated. Itchy, pinned pupils, sedated. I was about to say calm but I'm not calm; frankly, I'm almost never calm. I'm a freaking anxious person and taking drugs makes me nervous. It was fine when I was in my 20's and felt invincible, but these days I'm a middle aged woman with excruciating back pain (slipped discs) and those damn doctors won't medicate me properly due to my drug-using past. Sigh.

I just wanted to ask, is it normal to sweat a lot or get overheated easily when you use poppy? I was doing household chores (I had a lot of energy on the come up, so I was folding laundry, tidying the bedroom, etc) and I was sweating A LOT. Like, so much more than normal that I was a little concerned. I took a break to cool off (damn fan is broken so I wiped myself off with a cool damp washcloth) and heart rate (which never got all that high to begin with) and body temp returned to normal. This doesn't usually happen to me with opiates, at least not in my recent experience. Kratom makes me feel a little warm but usually that's accompanied by stomach discomfort which means I misjudged the dose and took too much. Any thoughts?

Oh and I have a very faint headache. I'm not noddy at all though.

Last edited: