• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ultimate guide to resetting Amphetamine tolerance and your normal state to Beginning.

No, because I will never drink alcohol and even if my ADD was more naturally fixed, Dexedrine has great potential in low doses to remove my social inhibitions and make me feel normal in special occasions somewhat infrequently. Im probably never going to use another substance again in my life besides Dexedrine or Marijuana.

I think Dexedrine is an awesome addition to your supplement cabinet for certain days of the month or even week, but beyond that the lack of supreme efficiency makes all amphetamine kinda unnatural.

The best way a person with ADD should see a med like Dexedrine:
Its NOT better than real sober life to be a frequent amphetamine taker as prescribed even if you need it. But its way more worth it to take it 1-4 times every two week then never take it at all. People with ADD or anhedonia/atypical depression/social phobia/motivational disorders have benefit from the psycology of having a tool that lets them create good nights/days, as something to infrequently remind us life is great instead of eternal blaise.

But you CANNOT go to this until your tolerance is first reset from an extended break, and I would beg anyone whos just began treatment for their ADD and likes it to use it for their first Dates, nights where essays or exams are worked on, the weekend, use it to sit in your room and jerk off twice a week, but do NOT take it everyday if your just someone banking on the medicine with blind faith to control your operation.

Some people in this thread have the right idea if you really have ADD, if your an athlete, a proper sleeper, naturally very healthy and really have your body in order you can get benefit from nearly everyday use 1. But believe it or not, FOR treating ADD the average schmuck gets significant benefits from it on their life taking a 20 IR adderall only on Friday and Wednesday nights, and maybe once in the morning occasionally. People with ADD moreso have trouble when years or months go by and it feels like day after day a compounded struggle and loss of care. Occassional medicated days lighten the total load as well as allow for enhanced weeked social experiences.

Id be estatic if a Factory reset button the brain was real. amphetamine isnt quite so toxic, but its not far off from daily moderate drinking on the brain. It really is a hassle if anything to come off and its not quite so much a hassle to avoid it, as in choose not to do it, but it kinda shuts down your ability to focus on it as much as off it, so both on it and off it are like opposite distraction states.

We never grow tolerant to the part of it that lets us stare into one spot(Salience deterination), but we grow tolerant to the part that adds any new motivation or enthusiasm or even therapuetic contentment and calmness with the activity we are doing. Where my tolerance got to, i could not stand many hours on an amphetamine off of syncronizded marijuana, it was working effective and functional but without pot not therapeutic enough reward center activation to not feel like its just pissy.
Looks like you discovered the secret to using Amphetamines my friend ;) We have to use it as an enhancement tool on the days where we really need a boost. Long term use = you will get fucked. Just check this website http://forum.quittingadderall.com/
Thousands of people posting how adderall ruined their lives because their doctors told them they had this "illness" called ADD and told them they need it every day (biggest lie ever).

Last edited:
Yeah genetically the average person if they have ADD still burns out on amphetamine taken daily as prescribed. Not everybody, but if your not built like an eating Machine bodybuilder and getting proper Rem/deep sleep (not something many of us can always control its genetics/stress levels even if you are physically asleep for 7-8 hours it's going to suck and become a lackluster low grade chronic sickness type feeling.

Most people with bad add who need the med for proper normal functioning likely have a fucked up body chemistry already in their stomachs, brains, hormonal/adrenal/ immune system causing brain fog. Amphetamine isn't as neurotoxic as it is Taxing.

It's hardly taxing at all though if you rejuvenate your hidden health issues. Very Healthy people can Come on and off adderall like its nothing.

Last edited:
I was able to convince my doc to prescribr Dexedrine 5mg a day to me instead of Adderall XR and now I use it only when I need to study for more than 6 hours straight and do an exam as most my mistakes are because I go through an exam too quickly; I read so quick I miss words and write so quick I dont always write what I want when I write with a pen. Every other day I simply don't unless I have a free day and want to study the brain for pleasure and curiosity. When I take it I take 10mg for school and the 5mg for personnal researches. Altho I would say that mixing it with Noopept makes the tolerance to pleasurable effect come quicker but make tolerance to its cognitive effect come alot slower and the combination boost memory and understanding. GOD I LOVE NOOPEPT. I was the kind of person to forget EVERYTHING and now I remember nearly everything I can understand, altho my visual memory is as bad as it was.

^^^^ Take a message from this guy. if you're enjoying and it and engaging this way at the doses Mracid is occasionally, you are actually treating your ADD because your using it to be engaged or quelsh ADHD/ADD symptoms at certain points in your week/schedule.

As for me, ive taxed out. I am back in this thread for my second attempt to restart a break. Due to personal matters I cannot smoke Marijuana anymore for the time being, so the after-effects/wearing off of the meds will be too much coming off of daily marijuana for a few years. This is a perfect time to cold turkey the dexedrine, because my body and brain are nulled to its good effects, and not having marijuana at least at night, makes it not seem so attractive to be taking 40-50 mg of D amph per day.

will try, thx
but im not sure we use the same substance as god knows whats inside speed ive been snorting for years..
but, you guys rely too much on pills i must notice.. in my experience what helps with speed recovery is garlic...raw garlic...lots and lots of raw garlic... it could cure aids...

Last edited:
I've got about a decade of amp experience at this point and I've found that nothing will "factory reset" tolerance in the sense that the effects profile will never return to "normal", all you can do is lower dosage required for effects.

abstinence of about ~1 year combined with healthy, regimented sleep and exercise as well as sobriety from all drugs got me to a point where 10mg of Dexedrine had me geeked. That being said, the effects profile was NOT the same as when I began years and years ago.

Instead, it felt exactly like when I quit using amps - just took a lower dose to get there (at the time I quit, probably would have taken 60-90mg to get me to the same effects. )

I've got about a decade of amp experience at this point and I've found that nothing will "factory reset" tolerance in the sense that the effects profile will never return to "normal", all you can do is lower dosage required for effects.

abstinence of about ~1 year combined with healthy, regimented sleep and exercise as well as sobriety from all drugs got me to a point where 10mg of Dexedrine had me geeked. That being said, the effects profile was NOT the same as when I began years and years ago.

Instead, it felt exactly like when I quit using amps - just took a lower dose to get there (at the time I quit, probably would have taken 60-90mg to get me to the same effects. )

Yeah I could see that. You'll always recover the feel good/focus but may not recover The happy open ended socialize and love on the spot effect.

I think that's why the Mu opiod receptor has a larger effect from amphetamine than we think. I noticed the pro social strees free cloud 9 feeling from hot spicy peppers one day a couple hours into an adderall. It seems like Dopamine is working alongside some kind of sensitized pain receptor to capture the gnarly calming effect.

When exercising were you doing high interval sprinting? I don't think bodybuilding styled exercise or light cardio really does the trick for brain repair of the Glutamate system which also would be responsible for that feel good doing anything/mobility rather than purely Dopamine.

Although there's a lot of science behind it, the euphoria comes from
A combination of

1. Dopamine/epinephrine/norepinephrine keeping you awake/calm/Content.
This part restores simply taking a break off stimulants, as you said.

Mu opiod system- this is that stress free fluid carefree tingles that go alongside the Contentment and hyperactivity control of the dopamine. This is what makes you feel immune to people and all pressure when you begin. Significantly contributes to the euphoria and ADHD symptoms. This can only be reversed by being exposed to painful stimuli since amphetamine softened/made things too pleasurable In the world so much by comparison.

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/alter/20050924/msgs/570218.html

I learned about it from this blog post and had tested it out before and it actually restored social immunity feeling even on a tolerant lesser Dopamine stage of adderall.

3. Some Glutamate related system-

This is the part that when you first start Amps, makes you enjoy more active motion in doing and expressing behaviors rather than the passive Contentment/adrenaline. Amphetamine is positively excitory in sensory motion from this. Apparently only literally sprinting, not jogging can repair this.

Cliffs

1. Avoid Amphetamines, caffeine, masturbation, stimulating videogames, cell phones for 1 month - a year depending on how much anhedonia you have.

2. Take cold showers and eat habanero peppers/ghost peppers until you cry uncle.

3. Take Uridine/fish oil/Vitamin C/ Folate/b6/b12/magnesium

4. prioritize sprinting and aerobics over distance running.

5. Pop 15 mg of D amph, it's the first time you've ever taken speed again!!!

I can only dream Il follow these steps, Day 1, can't imagine running, going to eat spicy food to torture myself, or doing anything positive today.

What'l keep us from achieving this is because the lackluster version of Amphetamine and ourselves is addictive in its own right, even
with little positive benefit just that lightbulb going off to a sullen Dull Contentment is easily habit forming.

Also, while withdrawing from drugs and or having ADD it's very hard to want to build up the ability to Sprint we rather either do weights or just put in our time on a jog. And the last thing we're gonna want to do is painful spicy peppers.

But itl be worth it. I think 2 Months is all I will need considering doses such as 20 IR Dexedrine or adderall provided great hyperactivity control and mild therapeutic euphoria for 2.5 years.

There is NO option of Harder/stronger Drugs. Getting very high doesn't feel as good as the euphoria applied to real life functioning of perfecting this. Yes you can do Methamphetamine for a fix of powerful stimulation but it's nothing compared to the euphoric grounded self of properly utilizing Dexedrine or Adderall in the 10-30 IR range for social functions, Work, life achievement, or even your own pleasure.

Our goal is not to feel infinitely content disconnected from reality looking at a computer screen on methamphetamube. We want to maximize the drug for epic socializing, opportunity, and mood.

We'll only get less and less high the more we keep using.

Remember, Drugs are great!

Last edited:
Source for exercise not being useful for the brain if it's not High interval training:

http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/why-high-intensity-burst-exercise-may-be-better-for-your-brain-2/

"One study that focused specifically on the relationship between exercise intensity and BDNF concentration levels found no significant changes in BDNF levels after the low-intensity exercise, but significantly elevated BDNF levels after high-intensity exercise."

Meaning even most weightlifting unless it's Squatting is unlikely to do anything to make your brain accumulate more strength on or off drugs.

If I go to the gym and just bench/Row/curl it's a nice body endorphin but quickly is meaningless.

Don't forget our friends out there that live and thrive to expand our minds.
A few weeks after a major amphetamine binge, say methamphetamine, you may fond yourself "stuck in your head" a generally small dose of hallucinegens (THC is what I am talking about) may help you expand your positive thoughts after the "crash".

I wouldn't recommend using hallucinogens after a stimulant crash as it will precipitate tthe horrid feelings one gets from crashing, accident waiting to happen.

indeed. ive burned out from amphs and mdma and i simply cannot smoke weed anymore atleast for the time being. i take a puff or two to not be weird but even that its simply too much most of the times i get REALLY high and if im not in a very pleasant company i get SOOOOOOOOOO anxious i just leave.

I would still smoke marijuana daily if I can, but for other reasons I have stopped. It doesn't cause paranoia for me and I think low doses can facilitate neuroplasticity towards your outlook. It potentiates the feeling that nothing's "content" from stimulant withdrawal so it's edgy to get "high" without pleasure centers being very lit up.

I learned to hate.marijuana since I was 16.it makes me insecure , paranoid, and feel like everyone is making fun of me, and really makes me think of how stupid I have been acting in life in general. Only when I take hallucinogens I can smoke weed without feeling dysphoric

Yeah marijuana is a very powerful drug except it doesn't add neurotransmitters so it never works for people deficient in some feeling outside of neuroplasticity and re seeing the same reality in a new way. But that's why it's not that addictive either.

Does anyone else agree with me that taking dextroamphetamine (dexedrine, dextrostat) by itself is pretty dull? I understand adderall is a combination of l-amphetamine & d-amphetamine, and that the levo-a is responsible for the physical sensations, and energy.
When I take dexedrine, i still, barely get that OCD urge that adderall gives (wanting to clean, edit my phone, 're arrange my house. Etc all that fun stuff. I even noticed my sex drive does.not go into nympho mode at all like adderall does for me. I was very dissappointed in dextroamphetamine by itself , i swear, i can probably go to sleep on it lol.
Does anyone relate to what im saying?
Also, I'm a believer. That whether you have add/adhd or NOT, your still going to get wired and.not be able to sleep, as its obviously a CNS stimulant. The reason people feel "calm" on it, .is because it's the.nature of amphetamines to make someone, for example, sit there and write 20page essays in one sitting, or sit there fixing a car for hours on end, im.willing to get your ass, that someone with adhd that takes adderall, will still have no appetite for food, will still clench there jaw, and will still not be able to sleep at night either. I don't have adhd, and it gets.me tweaked in a calm way where I just wanna focus and obsessively fix things, write essays, sit on the computer etc..all while my heart is pounding and I'm sweating up a storm :). I just find it hard to.believe when people tell me that when they take adderall, they fall right asleep and zonk out I even heard cocaine and crack users with adhd claim this nonsense.

It's the nature of amphetamines to make you appear calm and focus all while being geeked

Dexedrine is deceptive because it is so physically transparent - if you're looking for the geeked-out adrenergic signs of amp use, well, by the time you get there with dexies you're at a fucking massive dose and will not be sleeping for a long time.

I personally think Adderall is a better stimulant overall for both therapeutic and recreational purposes for 99% of the population.

Hell, sometimes I like ECA more than Dexedrine.

That being said, I personally gravitate to Dexedrine because the comedown is much gentler for me.

It just baffles me that dextroamphetamine is 3/4 as potent as methamphetamine (according to on going sources) yet it is so subtle, to the point it.makes me.wonder if I took a placebo pill.
Unless potency only means MG to MG, and not having anything to do with actual stimulant qualities..
I really enjoy adderall for the MDMA like physical sensations ,.tingling on back of scalp, pleasurable chills, how amazing music sounds and the empathy not to.forget how incredible sex is on it. Dexedrine lacks that. FOR ME.

I'm curious for all those saying Dexedrine Doesn't really do anything obvious, did you start out on adderall and gain amphetamine tolerance then eventually switch? It seems like Dexedrine if taken without a tolerance as your first med would be very very feelable. I hadn't touched Dexedrine until already eating a year and a half of Adderall and imagine it's so much better then but the honeymoon period being Dexedrine instead of adderall would have been quite interesting and euphoric.

i think whether Adderall or Dexedrine once you have a tolerance if your someone looking for a traditional drug-like high it becomes subtle in a normal dose range but still Content.

at the time my tolerance was neutral and average:

10 mg Dexedrine = not much but frontal cortex was sharp just not stimulated so can get you mad.

15 mg = slight mood increase and sitting and doing nothing is easier.

20 mg = brain is at equilibrium, talking is as enjoyable as it is for a normal person, full control of impulses but Also very awake and functional. Less speedy than the 15 or 10 IR, where the stimulants do not calm you down as much as they generate frontal lobe "seeking" type mindset.

-----then going past 20 mg is where you mess up the therapeutic action of the Medication from tolerance-----

25 mg ~ seems like you get a slight head high but it's not too different from the 20, start to notice Dexedrine works in cycles of 5 mg incrinements in phases of speedier/sedated, so 25 mg is a more pleasurable version of the 15 mg, which is speedier than the 20.

30 mg - this is when the drug becomes calming again, 30 mg is more calm than 25, it's a better version of the 20 mg. Chilled confidence is heightened to a level not felt before and it's a warm awakeness/energy. You'll feel attractive and invincible but very calm the first few times eating 30. IT gets moreish with Very little room for more past 30 mg, because you attained a little "high" that's very chaseable and grows tolerant that the 20 IR amount didn't offer, but the 20 IR offers consistent effects forever if never raising dose.

40 mg - you'll be high again and start to realize where Dexedrine asymototes towards, a sedating point of Catalonia from increasing the dose.

50 mg- 100 mg - there is no high to Achieve in this range once you are already tolerant to the Joy feeling of doses 40 mg and under. you don't really notice extra peripheral effects but your frozen in place and quickly becoming immobilized each 10 IR you add.

So If you were to dose 50 mg, and then another 10, and then another 10, you'd just feel more immobilized and either frozen in a tired hyperfocus/or panic.

This is for moderate tolerant users however, without a tolerance maybe there's a giant rush from eating 60 IR compared to 10-20 but i do not think it's safe.

My main point being is tolerance to Lower amounts of d AMPH do not make higher doses euphoric past 40 or so.

Any source fur this Ultimate Guide or was it created by you based on experience? Nicely detailed.