• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ultimate guide to resetting Amphetamine tolerance and your normal state to Beginning.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
When weve been taking amphetamines too much for too long, even not daily, we begin to say how can we feel better ever again off them like we original did and also make the amphetamine itself better. I believe iv pinpointed all we can do, feel free to add to the list.

Assuming I take 30+ days off, this is what I want to try to see if it helps:

*Uridine-Omega 3- Phosphatidyslerine: Uridine upregulates Dopamine receptors in a natural way,i wouldnt advise mixing it with amphetamine, but its reportedly gotten people out of stimulant related anhedonic funks even after they stopped taking it, meaning the brain might just be closer to baseline. phosphatidyselrine could manhandle our hippocampus supposedly, in case that got too out of control from upper usage.

Cardiovascular exercise: Apparently our brains need specifically exercise in the form of running to repair a glutamate releated pleasure center from amphetamine. I would wait a week after stopping to let your body gain some energy again. Supposedly if we never Run, we'll never reverse this part. Our motivation to run is re-achieving euphoria ever again whether in sobriety on an amp.

High dosing Vitamin C everyday and B vitamins (common sense): specificially make sure to get very high often amounts of vitamin C for a short period of time atleast, this will restore your adrenal glands faster to get you feeling closer to your old ADD self energy wise, even if your brain is scatterbrained.
Take 500 mg vitamin C atleast 4 times a day for a 2 gram whopping.

Restore the Mu opiod receptor: http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/alter/20050924/msgs/570218.html Im suprised this was never mentioned again, this guy had a good find, I tried it out occasionally with ghost peppers/habaneros, and it felt like it in the short term, re-sensitized the tingly background feeling that made amphetamine stress free in the beginning. Spicy food reverses substance P, and recently it has been discovered that amphetamine uses substance p also to regulate stress. Id reccommend painful ice baths/cold showers daily in adjunct for their reversal of the substance p sensitization.

NDMA ANTAGONISTS? I frankly dont think Mementine is a practical solution, nobodys getting it from their doctor and its just adding another pharmaceutical. The tolerance it would reset based on others descriptions is not balanced of a feeling as the original amp and has memory related issues. While they are weak, a fat magnesium, L theanine, Zinc, and 1-2 mg Lithium orotate could be just the minerals we need as long as time is taken off.

*Reverse Sleep deprivation damage- Intense amounts of Dark blueberries, cranberries, and beats. My naturalistic doctor said dark purple fruits restore components of sleep deprivation.
Please add to this list of anything you know that definitely reverses amphetamine related things, and by some chance, we might have the formula to change the way amp tolerance works forever, at least to make every day off amps count. But try to avoid mentioning substances that have to be prescribed by a doctor. It should be a supplement or raw ingredient.

This is not a complete list for everyway to prevent neurotoxicity, there are other threads with a lot more supplements, im talking about once you stop using amps, and need bare essential procedures to restore. Stuff like Coq10 PQQ is apparently also critical for reversal.

I am beginning the ultimate tolerance break when I wake up tomorrow, and will update this thread when I finish taking a break following these guidelines to see what comes.

Last edited:
Can you answer does tolerance take as long to go down with amphetamine as it does with methamphetamine ? I smoke occasionally but felt better when I used to take dexedrine

Hey, I noticed when I am taking a break from amphetamines, an energy drink relieves my add symptoms. But when I drink a coffee, it doesn't work anywhere near good as the energy drink. I found out there are HUGE amounts of B-Vitamins in energy drinks along with a bunch of other ingredients. Is this why it works so well? If so, what kind of b vitamin supplements should I buy ? I never tried them alone.

Usually b vitamin needs are specific to the individual based on developed deficiencies or general needs. The energy drink just has more stuff you can feel in the short term like a load of b6/12/tyrosine or whatever and coffee and energy drinks could have all kinds of different ingredients in each one for sensitivity of different individuals. Caffeine doesn't even help add for me at all,

i think meth would be easier to reduce tolerance to because it's so strong you'l always get high taking any days off.but your not going to feel good without it with Meth but it's too powerful and slightly neurotoxic to really know. Dexedrine may take a longer time off to get a positive "high/euphoria" because the brain gets tolerant to it easier.

so far it's Day 1 of no Dexedrine to begin this Great reset, feel like I wanna go downstairs and beat someone up. My current college feels like a steam punk looking place when the Life is zapped out of me. Only on 3 hours of bad sleep. I won't bother adding too many supplements or starting the gym or hot peppers until two days of deeper/longer sleep. My desire to talk to others is absolute 0, but very easy for specific motives, like organizing a marijuana session or bumming a cigarette.

I normally get decent sleep even with Dex, but I ate the last 110 mgs of them yesterday, to guarantee 4 days I have none in my possession. It's important to leave yourself a guaranteed 4 days off from it to be at the stage where it's easy to watch them collect and know you have them any time you are read. Not having them accessible for a long time will make it annoying. Then by day 4, start to grin

and bear while storing the pills like an RPG starting from rock bottom lol.

you can onl focus on sleep and food and maybe your next marijuana bowl. The break failed if you eat the Dex before starting cardiovascular training. It could take up to a week to be at the point where the gym or cardio even seem like options.

Last edited:
I also noticed if you take energy drinks an hour after consuming a lower than usual dose of amphtamines POTENTIATES like crazy. And if u take a normal dose, well.... ur gonna be flying off the moon lol. must be all the vitamins/chemicals in the energy drink that creates a synergistic effect.... And it's in a good way not only do I feel the effects more but euphoria is enhanced.

Imo energy drink (rockstar personal fav) off or on amphetamines is always a good thing. If ur taking a break, ur less likely to wanna use amp cuz u got some energy. And if ur ON amps, well it potentiates the hell out of it. Either way u win!

Last edited:
Do not drink any alcohol or develop new habits while coming off, but marijuana Helps with patience for the Tolerance break if it's smoked in that mindset. It has no toxicity and only neuroplastic effects to let you just watch tv or take a walk or something even with an add mind if you really try.

Do not drink any alcohol or develop new habits while coming off, but marijuana Helps with patience for the Tolerance break if it's smoked in that mindset. It has no toxicity and only neuroplastic effects to let you just watch tv or take a walk or something even with an add mind if you really try.
It's best to not take anything for the amp comedown. Just suffer through it. The problem if you use benzos or any downers is that a reg dose of it WONT work. Ur gonna have to use a shit load of benzos like 10x ur normal dose to the point ur fucking up ur tolerance just to be able to sleep. It's not worth it. do not avoid the come down, just suffer throughit and you will be aight again. Amphetamine will fuck you in the ass sooner or later. Taking downers to avoid the come down is like hiding from big bubba at the prison who wants to plow ur backside because u owe him money for drugs (amp high)... U can run from him but u cant hide.. if u hide from bubba (comedown), the hiding (benzo use) will take its toll on you. Your just delaying the inevitable and creating more problems. Keep it simple. Get it over with. Don't be pussy!

I go to the gym and lift during the comedown. Always helps. You have to make yourself go tho and sometimes it's difficult to have the self control but it's so much better than dealing with any comedowns.

yeah, but if you've been on daily adderall or such and do not have ideal sleep quality, you are wrecking your CNS going to the gym to Squat deadlift or start sprinting, even on the comedown.

if you miss 6-8 hours of deep sleep half the week while taking amphetamine, you can't go to the gym ahahaha.

gym should be incorporated definitely when you take time off and readd it more intelligently and less frequent.

I go to the gym and lift during the comedown. Always helps. You have to make yourself go tho and sometimes it's difficult to have the self control but it's so much better than dealing with any comedowns.
When you unleash the power of amphetamines, you must work the excess energy off. The only time I was able to use amps daily without becoming a burnt out depressed nut, was when I went to the gym. Id take my dose, wait for it to fully kick in, go have a kick ass work out and feel fresh rest of the day.

I guess if ur willing to put the work in, frequent use of amphetamine is very much sustainable.

The thing is I have to go to the gym right after taking my dose kicks in or I will end up never going. My brain has to associate the come up (pleasure, relief) with working out.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's possible you'l burn out with any real routine if your taking it in more than low doses at any frequency, 40 XR adderall was needed for me to get the desired effect for many months when I first started. I was squatting and deadlifting with a rigorous lifting schedule, and you can't quite do things like 20 Rep Barbell squats that often anymore while taking amphetamines.

but in general yeah you are right it's all about putting in the work for what works for you but you Cannot do that until you tAke a break once you already messed it up slightly for any length of time. For some people they need to take it 5 days a week to avoid making it useless even at low doses, or they're health sucked at the time of using them properly.

Yeah, it's possible you'l burn out with any real routine if your taking it in more than low doses at any frequency, 40 XR adderall was needed for me to get the desired effect for many months when I first started. I was squatting and deadlifting with a rigorous lifting schedule, and you can't quite do things like 20 Rep Barbell squats that often anymore while taking amphetamines.

but in general yeah you are right it's all about putting in the work for what works for you but you Cannot do that until you tAke a break once you already messed it up slightly for any length of time. For some people they need to take it 5 days a week to avoid making it useless even at low doses, or they're health sucked at the time of using them properly.
Another thing is I used to take Adderall 40xr and had a personal trainer. You have to be CAREFUL with any strenuous activity or exercise. I noticed the first exercise I did was always the best then all downhill after (take squats for example) I'd push myself soo hard without realizing that after I was done with squats I had no energy to do dead lifts or anything. My trainee would PUSH ME but I'd just puke like all over the place because amphetamines are the most powerful pre work out supplement you can lift heavier, faster, better without realizing it and end up injuring your self (that's what happened to me). Regular people have less energy than u, but more steadiy. So i got over confident n cocky like I was soo strong and squatting 300+ lbs while also the other guys were lifting so slow and little i was like "lol lazy ppls.." then one day tore a muscle from over doing it...

Last edited:
yeah, but if you've been on daily adderall or such and do not have ideal sleep quality, you are wrecking your CNS going to the gym to Squat deadlift or start sprinting, even on the comedown.

if you miss 6-8 hours of deep sleep half the week while taking amphetamine, you can't go to the gym ahahaha.

gym should be incorporated definitely when you take time off and readd it more intelligently and less frequent.

Well then the issue is the quality of sleep. I take my adderall upon awaking at 7-8am and it's worn off by 330-4pm and I hit the gym around 5-6pm. As a bodybuilder I know what adrenal fatigue is like and I am not suffering from that by any means.

Take the medication as prescribed and you will be fine or make an adjustment. I take 20mgXR 3-4 days a week and have for years.

Exercise helps. Are you referring to people who abuse the drug? and end up staying up on benders?

I also supplement with

Omega 3 2000mg (Morning)
CoQ10 (During comedown)
Magnesium (Before bed)
Zinc (Before bed)
Vitamin C 1000mg (During comedown)
Cayenne Extract (During comedown)
Garlic (During comedown)
L-Carnitine (During comedown)
Low dose aspirin (Pre workout)

And my diet is high in various proteins(balanced amino acid intake), medium-low complex carb intake, medium healthy fats(avocado, coconut/olive oil, etc).

Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep a night, because it's what I require.

So my habits outside of using the drug are what keeps me from having harsh comedowns and also prevent me from building such a tolerance, especially since I refuse to take it every single day. Otherwise I know my body and I WILL become dependent on the drug.

im referring to the people taking it daily as prescribed like their doctor says as well as some people who really have ADD, take their medication another time later in the day, can still fall asleep two hours after it comes down but it's likely not quality sleep unless you took it in the morning. Or people in general who suffer from multitudes of add accompanied with mild fatigue usually cannot bodybuild and be on daily stimulant medication lol. I'd say 20-40 xr is not abuse, but the lower the better in preventing burnout always.

if you look up all the causes of ADD half of them bring down energy functions already Like hidden metals, gut health, altered immune system responses. The doctors don't care or learn about anything that causes ADD and how stimulants kinda only don't effect you if your healthy and tip top genetics.

im referring to the people taking it daily as prescribed like their doctor says as well as some people who really have ADD, take their medication another time later in the day, can still fall asleep two hours after it comes down but it's likely not quality sleep unless you took it in the morning. Or people in general who suffer from multitudes of add accompanied with mild fatigue usually cannot bodybuild and be on daily stimulant medication lol. I'd say 20-40 xr is not abuse, but the lower the better in preventing burnout always.

If you're not working your job or going to school, regardless of what a doctor says, why take the medication on those off days? Seems silly. You might not feel like yourself but your body needs that time off to regulate. I guess I'm also one of the few that can fall asleep on adderall. I take mine in the morning and I take a short 30 min nap almost everyday on my lunch break.

Exactly, but that's not helpful until someone who's taken them
daily takes a longer break first.

theyl still be too fatigued and have just pointless rebounds lol.

its also not a drug for energy and focus to plow through work and job. It's for hyperactivity in social situations lol. So you'l say deal without it, but some people have no interest in communication or care to have impulse control for small talk without stimulants. Yeah I do think if your using amphetamine's to play video games or something that's dumb, but it's perfectly applicable to use it to stimulate yourself to a normal level of Relaxation to be with other people. At the very least, why should someone with real ADHD be disadvantaged in socializing if amphetamine's are a very social drug for reward deficiency depression associated with add.

obviously be comfortable with yourself over all, but if you don't have add you'l never understand the boredome and hyperactivity associated with casual conversation, makes the night dose worth it in college or social events. This only applies if you really have ADD.

Last edited:
Exactly, but that's not helpful until someone who's taken them
daily takes a longer break first.

theyl still be too fatigued and have just pointless rebounds lol.

its also not a drug for energy and focus to plow through work and job. It's for hyperactivity in social situations lol. So you'l say deal without it, but some people have no interest in communication or care to have impulse control for small talk without stimulants. Yeah I do think if your using amphetamine's to play video games or something that's dumb, but it's perfectly applicable to use it to stimulate yourself to a normal level of Relaxation to be with other people. At the very least, why should someone with real ADHD be disadvantaged in socializing if amphetamine's are a very social drug for reward deficiency depression associated with add.

obviiysky be comfortable with yourself over all, but if you don't have add you'l never understand the boredome and hyperactivity associated with casual conversation

To each their own. Like I said, even though I don't feel like "myself" when I DON'T take my meds I force myself to not take them every single day. I feel "off" and social interaction seems pointless, I also do not have much motivation or empathy towards others like when I'm on the drug.

But, I know I need to do it for my personal health and longevity so I can stay sane and can continue to take the drug and benefit from it. Otherwise I'll just keep upping the dose as tolerance builds and eventually drive myself into psychosis. Which would lead to far greater problems down the road, verses taking a few days off here and there now.

Everyone has to find out what works best for them, I have found what works best for me, for now. Everyone's chemistry is different.

I see it as I'm MYSELF off them, and it's my reason for being content just like anyone else, if not more, on them.

the lie is always the amphetamine, but it's a shameless act of deceit, and abit a thrilling one.

sonething about Dexedrine with facial aesthetics is GOAT women eye contact smile at you mode.

Brb take Dexedrine and walk down stairs in party and 6 HBBS on the dance floor give you fuck eyes, immediately they dance with you when you walk toward them,

OR, don't take it, hug the wall, make no friends, girls think your creepy even though you have the same 9/10 face.

I had balls before taking amphetamine's to dance with girls and make out and cold approach girls, but it was hit or miss and sometimes no matter what it would look foolish and I had to think really hard and girls were turned off by my Demeanor sometimes. That is not abuse.

Elvis wouldn't go on stage without d amph in his system, because he was talented and genuine, but he had to hack the social pressure button to make use of his talent.

Last edited: