• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK] Tobacco replacement in joints?

Aah, that makes more sense (and makes me feel a little less inadequate :) ). Though if you dilute it with a bit of baccy or similar then you waste less between tokes.

Or just roll a pure baby one. Makes more sense to me but I don't like baccy and don't care how big my joints look.

Haven't smoked a joint in fucking ages though I prefer pipe or bong.

I bought a tobacco replacement blend from Dr Hermans the other week called Mellow Yellow. I asked the woman behind the counter what it was like and she assured me that it is a great filler for spliffs. It tasted like shit, would not recommend.

think tobacco is more common in joints because up here grass is much less common 9 times out of ten if i go to score its always hash now and again my girl has weed but only once in a blue moon -the weed smokers are usually homegrowers who grow for themselves and a few friends and unless u use a pipe or bong hash is useless unless u eat it i suppose ,hash comes in here in bulk my friend gets carrier bags full of 9 bars no idea what it cost didnt ask just know he doesnt need to work and always has nice cars etc weed is expensive compared to hash here too but all depends what u like ,i love the smell of nice hash and the taste but skunk etc stinks like fk and is too trippy for me but the hash my growing friends make using butane etc fromtheir own crops is lovely ,so smooth and my face is always so sore with laughing i just cant help gettin the giggles , was in the petrol station a couple weeks back and couldnt go to the counter as the womans jam jar glasses made me laugh so hard , then the cops came in for fuel i had to hide beside the magazines as i couldnt stoplaughing and they would have pulled me as my eyes were so pink and i was too stoned to be driving ,was freaky but funny sorry im rambling ritalin plus methadone plus smoko has my head in the clouds !

I'd go for raspberry, peppermint or marshmallow as they're not psychoactive (although from what I've read damiana doesn't do much when smoked compared to in tea form, but it's still moderately expensive..) My tip is to search for ingredients/herb websites rather than smart shops - that way you can buy 500g of damiana/etc for the same price the rip-off shops are selling 25g..

My joints consist of paper and weed, nothing else. Not everyone in the UK mixes with tobacco.
Yup, same here. Although I got cheered for being 'hardcore' when I said this to some spliff-smoking scousers recently, so I think we're in the minority..

I bought a tobacco replacement blend from Dr Hermans the other week called Mellow Yellow. I asked the woman behind the counter what it was like and she assured me that it is a great filler for spliffs. It tasted like shit, would not recommend.
Is that not what you get for shopping at Dr Hermans? Can't say I've ever been impressed with the place.

Cat litter. Not joking, it was used to avoid tax by cigar companies. Large cigars were taxed heavily, but king sized ones where tax exempt because they were only normally enjoyed by diplomats, heads of state etc. So cigar companies filled parts of there cigars with cat litter to fill them out. It burns well, has no taste and is cheap :D
It can also be used to remove bad smells from shoes etc. as it absorbs moisture :)

My Partner In Crime smokes joints rolled with herbal smoking mixture from Holland and Barrett. I've tried it, but -- probably for want of tobacco harshness -- it just feels like I am not getting a proper drag.

I have made my own blend after a couple of years experimenting. My aim was to create a suitable tobacco alternative, which would compliment any type of cannabis including hash and buds. I studied online and found an American study of smoking mixtures: http://www.botanicalstudies.net/herbalism/smoking.php I then ordered samples of a variety of smoking herbs.

I managed to give up tobacco fairly quickly but just could not find the right blend combination straight away, I shared a blend with fellow tokers and received encouraging feedback that it was better than anything on the market, like greengo or honeyrose mentioned above. It burns well and consistent for a pleasurable smoking spliff. So I stuck with this combination for a few months.

I was still not completely satisfied overall with the taste and smell. Then I cracked it earlier this year, I have managed to infuse the leaves with fruit and floral extracts giving a subtle combination of flavours and aromas to compliment my cannabis buds that I grow myself, or could be smoked with hash alone. I looked at how pipe smokers flavour their tobacco and applied it to my herbal alternatives.

The result is a smooth smoking herbal blend with subtle tones of berry, vanilla and a cooling refreshing sensation of mint when inhaled. It reminds me a little bit of shisha pipe tobacco from the flavours and aroma, but this has been specially created to be mixed with cannabis in a roll-up that will burn consistently and can be enjoyed with every type of cannabis.

I am aiming to market my blend in Coffeeshops in Amsterdam due to the tobacco ban. However, I can certainly make it available online in the UK to enthusiasts who have been experimenting in this area, I can supply free samples and can certainly make it available for purchase. Any further questions or queries? please respond to my post and I will be glad to make contact with you

From the Green Man.

damiana, marshmallow leaves, and mullein make good pallatable tobacco replaement herbs for smoking. I use them for my noids. The D is a bit harsh and The MM and M is mild and mellow , so i use roughly a 20/40/40 mix. The D is quite dry and stays lit once its been lit, whilst the other 2 are a bit moist and need constant re-lighting. Adding the D helps with this, otherwise i'd forget the D altogether. The stuff is all very cheap and excellent VFM on ebay. Like £4 for 500g or something like that. Dunno if im allowed to mention sources of legal things but i allways get them from Geordie 256 (The Alchemists Apothecary) on ebay.

I use them in a bong, some of the herbs have relatively tough woody stems and other relatively large 'woody' chunks that will poke through your cig papers and make them less ideal for spliff making, unless you grind them down slightly if you're not using a bong and trying to make spliffs with them. I chuck out the handful of woody chunks you will get with the Mullein. Spose you could just crush the stemmy bits in your fist.

Otherwise you could buy a pack of herbal cigarettes, rip the cigs open for the herbs and use them, theyd be bound to roll up nicely, that would probably be much easier, but probably not such good VFM.

Last edited:
If all else fails you could always get the super super light Amber Leaf or something and use as little as possible.

If you're going to smoke a bong, then surely you might as well just smoke it neat?

I'd never smoke neat noid powder, faaaaar to strong. 8o To give you an idea, 1g of noid powder added to 50g of herbal 'blend' makes a reasonable strength. But if you're talking about 'conventional' weed or hash then yes you're right. (Its probably just me thats gone off on a tangent by mentioning 'noids)

Last edited:
If you're going to smoke a bong, then surely you might as well just smoke it neat?
Wha Da Faak?!?! Fuckin hell I remember smoking "Shotties" (backy n hash bongs) and they're fucking disgusting.
Bong dem na want fi hav backy inna derr bowl, seen? :X

Get a vapouriser. It's brilliant, and needs no tobacco. With an electronic cigarette, also, you can say bye-bye to cancer. They're the best things I've bought in years.

They are awesome. Got a portable vaporiser last week, it's far better than smoking a joint. Paid for itself already.

Now I'm going to have to throw my old smoking stuff away. I'd built up a collection of pipes, just got a nice glass bong, selection of rizlas, roaches, half a pouch of baccy, space case grinder, rolling/stash box, bunch of lighters, ashtrays, tin of gas, they're all useless to me since I bought my vaporizer.

I can certainly make it available online in the UK to enthusiasts who have been experimenting in this area, I can supply free samples and can certainly make it available for purchase. Any further questions or queries? please respond to my post and I will be glad to make contact with you

@greenmanherbal I would love a free sample and/or online UK purchase of your blend if the offer still stands?

@greenmanherbal I would love a free sample and/or online UK purchase of your blend if the offer still stands?

That guy made that (his first and only post) nearly 2 years ago, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a response now heh.

I found a good tobacco replacement in weed that has already been through the vaporiser. Only burns marginally better than a blunt though.

Best is cannabis leaf if you can get it is a perfect filler. I often use vaped weed as a filler but it is quite rank tasting.

Just smoke pure joints. If the weed is dried and cured properly then there is no issue with burning.