• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK] Tobacco replacement in joints?

Damiana look like a good shout, 500g for £33 on amazon, which would cost me £220 normally for 500g worth of tobacco.

Try your local health shop, I got 4oz, what's that about 100g for 2 quid.

there's a product called greengo which is a combination of various plants etc and not too bad as s tobacco substitute.

Damiana is a winner.

Making a strong MAM-2201 / damiana joint is pretty awesome :D

My joints consist of paper and weed, nothing else. Not everyone in the UK mixes with tobacco.

Mine did back in summer when I got an oz on tick but since that went it's been back to the baccy :( Really need to find a substitute myself as having tobacco around for joints means I inevitably smoke it all in fags when I'm pissed. Never found owt that works though, might try this Damiana stuff if I can find some at an alright price.

Try Camomile herb matter/ tea bag

if not try parsley

if not just use hemp papers , raw prefarably and roll a small pure.

I tend to find that I burn through most of my weed quite quickly by smoking big pure joints. When the jar starts to look a little bare, I'll bong the rest. The little bit I save for bonging usually lasts about twice as long as the rest of the jar!

What kind of tobacco are you buying that you are looking for an alternative that is cheaper than tobacco?
I use cigarettes and cigarette butts from the freakin' ashtray.

What about a cheaper weed alternative then?!?!

You can get some very smooth herbal smoking mixes from tobacconists and legal high shops. I bought one that was about a fiver for fifty grams and lasted me months. It helps the weed to burn properly and isn't unpleasant in itself. I'd give you the name but you might google it and it would lead you to a vendor *shudder*.

I tend to find that I burn through most of my weed quite quickly by smoking big pure joints. When the jar starts to look a little bare, I'll bong the rest. The little bit I save for bonging usually lasts about twice as long as the rest of the jar!

As an old git that is more used to hash than grass, I really don't understand how all these youngsters can smoke pure joints of weed. When ah werra lad, the only green we had (except for the odd bit of African, Jamaican or Thai bush) was 'homegrown', which was about a tenner for a carrier bag full - low potency, tasted 'green', a bit harsh etc. - then the only way to properly get off on it was to bong it neat. But with all these stupidly strong strains that are about now, how the fuck can anyone smoke a neat joint? It's beyond me, it really is. No wonder psychiatrists are reporting more cases of cannabis induced schizophrenia these days. YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO SMOKE THAT MUCH!! Try it diluted - it'll last longer, be a lot cheaper and won't fuck you up as much (warning - may affect your street cred!).

I tend to agree, FUBAR. But am also somewhat elderly. Tolerance would make it feasible, I suppose. Never got into it meself. No need: wasteful and way too expensive. Smoke bongs/pipes whatever if you want a pure weed hit. Spliffs are for leisurely smoking so more suited to being suitably diluted with tobacco or some herbal concoction.

What kind of tobacco are you buying that you are looking for an alternative that is cheaper than tobacco?

I'm guessing taxes on tobacco are somewhat lighter in Canada then ;)

I'm guessing taxes on tobacco are somewhat lighter in Canada then ;)
No, tobacco is heavily taxed, the Native Indians sell illegal tax free tobacco and make major bank, In stores it costs about $10.00 (6.45 pounds)for a pack of 25 , about $14.00 (9.03 pounds) for a 50g pouch.
I don't really worry about the cost of .33grams of tobacco in my doobie.
I usually raid the girlfriends ashtray and grab some butts.

Not as pricey as it is here but getting there. I don't find baccy too expensive to use in joint myself as I'd rather smoke a joint than a cig anyway. Baccy in general is getting insanely pricey here though. Don't even look at the price of actual cigarettes anymore. I buy the cheapest rolling baccy and it costs just under £4 for 12.5g at the moment. I don't smoke all that much now though so isn't too painful. Is a cost I could happily live without though so am trying (and so far failing) to quit.

Cheaper baccy/cigs smuggled in from the Continent where taxes are a lot lower is available most places but not often where I live :\

As an old git that is more used to hash than grass, I really don't understand how all these youngsters can smoke pure joints of weed. When ah werra lad, the only green we had (except for the odd bit of African, Jamaican or Thai bush) was 'homegrown', which was about a tenner for a carrier bag full - low potency, tasted 'green', a bit harsh etc. - then the only way to properly get off on it was to bong it neat. But with all these stupidly strong strains that are about now, how the fuck can anyone smoke a neat joint? It's beyond me, it really is. No wonder psychiatrists are reporting more cases of cannabis induced schizophrenia these days. YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO SMOKE THAT MUCH!! Try it diluted - it'll last longer, be a lot cheaper and won't fuck you up as much (warning - may affect your street cred!).

I never said I smoked the joints in one go! I'll usually go through about half over the course of an evening. The other half will be finished the following night.

I never said I smoked the joints in one go! I'll usually go through about half over the course of an evening. The other half will be finished the following night.

Aah, that makes more sense (and makes me feel a little less inadequate :) ). Though if you dilute it with a bit of baccy or similar then you waste less between tokes.

Get a vapouriser. Mine was £16. It's brilliant, and needs no tobacco. With an electronic cigarette, also, you can say bye-bye to cancer. They're the best things I've bought in years.