European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK] Tobacco replacement in joints?

sudo

Bluelighter
I spent about £7-14 a week on tobacco for joints. Was wondering what the cheapest alternative is? I've been googling and Green Tea Leaves or Lettuce Opium seem to be my best options, but does anyone know anywhere that sells bulk (500g - 1kg) ground up relatively cheaply?

Ta

Online stores would be your best bet I think mate. May I ask why you want to "dilute" your weed?

Don't turn this into another European vs American rolling preference thread. Its boring let people do what they want.

I didn't know they were common. I'm Australian and here a lot of people "spin" with tobacco and I found myself doing it for a while just because the people I smoked with did the same. I don't do it anymore and honestly I don't notice a difference. I was only asking out of curiosity, not because I think he is doing the wrong thing.

I agree that people are free to smoke the way they want to and I encourage that, but this is a board that was created with the sole purpose of weed discussion and that's what I am trying to do.

Last edited:
I don't like smoking blunts (what we call in the UK a 100% cannabis rolled joint). Find it harsher on the throat, and you use up your stash a lot quicker. I also prefer to sit at a [3-4] rather than a [8-10]. Tobacco also makes the joint easier to roll, and stops it from going out every 2 seconds.

Here in the UK everyone(pretty much) mixes with tobacco, I know online stores would be best, I've had a look but can't find anything decent, is posting links to stores not allowed here?

Here in the UK everyone(pretty much) mixes with tobacco, I know online stores would be best, I've had a look but can't find anything decent, is posting links to stores not allowed here?

Definitely not allowed. Any link that could lead a user to a person/entity where they can buy things (legal and illegal) from.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-469698.html

Damiana seems to be a favorite around my area. I've even gotten grams of weed that people have put in their little plastic herbal blend jars for transport before. I've never smoked it myself, but have heard good things.

Damiana look like a good shout, 500g for £33 on amazon, which would cost me £220 normally for 500g worth of tobacco.

Could always get a nice glass spoon pipe for £10. As long as you're gentle with it it's not too harsh and you'll never have to spend money on baccy again.

You'll also save weed.

Damiana is OK, but also a bit psychoactive. If this is what you want that's great.

Otherwise I'd try some dried peppermint leaves ! Tastes great. Dried parsley is supposed to work as well, but have never tried it myself.

Okay we do not allow discussion of prices or sources of ANY SORT here in CD. But I have been told by a senior mod to go ahead and send this to EADD.

EADD mods you guys can edit prices and such as you all see fit.

Cd-->EADD

This thread just reminded me I've still got a bit of Nymphaea caerulea (aka Blue Lotus Flower) knocking about somewhere. It's actually a surprisingly pleasant smoke itself - bit like mild weed with a dash of benzo in there. Would probably go rather nicely in a joint but would have to be chopped up a bit first.

My joints consist of paper and weed, nothing else. Not everyone in the UK mixes with tobacco.

I've never been a fan of pure weed spliffs. They go out constantly and are a pain to roll. Or maybe I just have shit rolling technique. That is highly probable.

Also, being a lightweight, parttimer when it comes to weed these days, they just get me way too wasted tbh.

Not that I roll joints much these days, but like Shambles I'm of the UK traditionalist school that says a joint is not a joint with no baccy. Weed only joints are just a pain in the arse to build and smoke. Plus I much prefer some decent soft black to grass, don't know why, just the way I was brought up I suppose!

Anyway, you used to be able to get herbal cigarettes which I think would be ideal for using in joints. Can you still get them? Pray tell, Google?

Yes you can, there seem to be loads on offer. Zum Beispiel:

prodmainimg1173.jpg

Holland and Barrett do a couple of non tobacco smoke things. Mint based snouts called NTB and this rolling baccy styled pouchy stuff called Honeyrose. The former are ok, the latter I haven't tried.

I'm sure Holland and Barret sell tobacco alternatives in a pouch. No idea what they would smoke like and yeah, every stoner i know uses fags/rolling baccy

I've never been a fan of pure weed spliffs. They go out constantly and are a pain to roll. Or maybe I just have shit rolling technique. That is highly probable.

If the weed is nice and dry and the joint is not rolled too tight, pure ones smoke fine in my experience. They do go out quicker yes, but I love the smoothness and how the high creeps up a bit more rather than hitting so quick like baccy/weed mix ones.

I often make little skin rollups of just weed mmm