• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Ketamine Thread v.2 - shortage or not?

All ketamine I've personally come across in the last couple years has been appalling quality. Has nothing to do with "old vs new" - simply that the folk I buy ket from are either not interested in quality or (as I suspect) tend to cut it themselves :\

There's no doubt that when all ket was from diverted medical supplies and sold for tuppence ha'apenny a gramme things were better. I only caught the tail end of that period at most though. Was a late devoper on the ketamine front :!

The "has nothing to do with old vs new" line you just said was precisely what i was saying when Housefever said all ketamine these days is shit, yet it sounded like you were saying i was off the mark! Never mind haha. Dont mind me, im just extremely bad at getting my point across.

Argh, i cant imagine how deep things would have gotten for me, had it stayed like that.

I hate to disagree with you cos for the most part your usually right about such matters, but personally i think that its quite easy to spot the difference between S and racemic. Almost all of my ket adventures are spent laying on my bed watching something, so setting doesnt really play a roll. When ive had what ive suspected to be S-isomer in the past the effects were much more in the head if that makes sense and hardly any strange body sensations (with racemic i would experience my bed drooping to one side and other physical effects like this). Then of course there is the obvious shorter duration. When i do too much racemic im left with an extremely foggy head; S-isomer is a lot more clear-headed after wearing off. The very few times ive experienced an afterglow was after doing large amounts of the S-isomer stuff.

The difference is quite clear and im sure a lot of (knowledgeable) people would agree with me

Having had meph once since the ban I would agree the quality is pisspoor. However, I was also informed that was an especially poor quality batch so frankly have no opinion on it. Coke and speed are poor quality (even the better quality stuff is pretty damn weak compared to the glory days) but other than that I have no particular axe to grind on the "old vs new" discussion. As I said, the quality of the ketamine I personally have had access to over the last couple years has been abysmal and that seems to be a common complaint. However, as the vast majority of ketamine comes as near as dammit pharmaceutically pure the only possible reason for this is it being cut by scumbags. This was never even considered until the legal penalties became so much stricter but - unlike stuff like coke and speed - there is no reason why this has to be the case so really does come down purely to who you know whereas coke and speed come into the country cut to fuck so all but zero chance of ever coming across truly excellent quality. Decent quality yes. But decent ain't excellent is it.

I was only being sarcastic with the mephedrone comment! Its common knowledge that purity of coke, speed and heroin have gone down in quality. On a street level any. Im sure Torwebsites offer products the surpass the quality of the glory days. Although it is extremely frustrating when people show off about how pure their drugs are based only on the advertisement of the vendor. For some reason people seem to have absolute faith thats its as strong as it says :|

I hate to disagree with you cos for the most part your usually right about such matters, but personally i think that its quite easy to spot the difference between S and racemic. Almost all of my ket adventures are spent laying on my bed watching something, so setting doesnt really play a roll.

Once again for posterity, I did not say the there is no S-isomer ketamine around. Nor did I say people wouldn't be able to tell the difference subjectively. What I did say was that S-isomer is much, much scarcer than racemic and no matter how experienced they can be easily confused. Also, if you truly believe the situation you describe doesn't come under standard Set & Setting variability you don't have much of a grasp on what the phrase truly means (note you only mentioned Setting for example... ;)).

I quoted your post cos it contained more detail than the following response is all. There seems to have been a theme developing over the last few weeks that I have become some horrid, bad-tempered tyrant. I'm fairly sure this is not the case. I've always been forthright with my opinions on all matters. Sometimes I am also drunk. Only twice in the last month, mind, which is quite a big step forward in many ways. Does seem to mean that my drunken dick days are more drunken and dickish than ever though :\

I was so much more pleasant in general when getting through half oz or so of ket a week :!

(more pleasant and oddly enough more coherent for the most part 8))

For some reason people seem to have absolute faith thats its as strong as it says :|

Bit silly

as for telling the difference between racmic and S, is S always more friendly and euphoric than racmic? does the euphoria ever match? i've not done enough ket to properly tell the difference but have had some hard hitting embracing glorious wonky-ness which doesnt make me moon boot like other stuff. and i've had ket which feels colder

Anyways hoping this stuff am getting is decent. would be minty fuckin pukka ontop of what im feeling at the mo. pukka and mint aint that right spliff

there is a differece according to a buddy who loves k. he said he can 100% tell and one is better than the other. i beleive him

also i wonder if there's actually different isomers with MXE? hhhhhm,mm

Once again for posterity, I did not say the there is no S-isomer ketamine around. Nor did I say people wouldn't be able to tell the difference subjectively. What I did say was that S-isomer is much, much scarcer than racemic and no matter how experienced they can be easily confused. Also, if you truly believe the situation you describe doesn't come under standard Set & Setting variability you don't have much of a grasp on what the phrase truly means (note you only mentioned Setting for example... ;)).

I quoted your post cos it contained more detail than the following response is all. There seems to have been a theme developing over the last few weeks that I have become some horrid, bad-tempered tyrant. I'm fairly sure this is not the case. I've always been forthright with my opinions on all matters. Sometimes I am also drunk. Only twice in the last month, mind, which is quite a big step forward in many ways. Does seem to mean that my drunken dick days are more drunken and dickish than ever though :\

I was so much more pleasant in general when getting through half oz or so of ket a week :!

(more pleasant and oddly enough more coherent for the most part 8))

Yes i do know what set and setting means thankyou very much ;) That was the reason why i only said setting as ya say. Would set really have that much effect on the apparent physical effects (drooping, swaying, sinking into the bed) your body whilst laying down though?

And i realise you didnt say there was any S ket about and that no-one can tell the difference, but you did say the vast majority of time people wont be able to tell. I just took this as you politely saying that i couldnt. Apologies if that wasnt the case, it just came across that way.

Its not you being a drunken dick at all (well, maybe just a bit last night ;)) im just always anxious that my misunderstandings of a couple of your posts frustrate the shit out of you, but im glad we have actually cleared this one up =D Im still confused about last nights chatter though! We'll just call it a blip on the radar ;)<3

Bit silly

as for telling the difference between racmic and S, is S always more friendly and euphoric than racmic? does the euphoria ever match? i've not done enough ket to properly tell the difference but have had some hard hitting embracing glorious wonky-ness which doesnt make me moon boot like other stuff. and i've had ket which feels colder

Anyways hoping this stuff am getting is decent. would be minty fuckin pukka ontop of what im feeling at the mo. pukka and mint aint that right spliff

Im scared to say how S and racemic compare now incase i get a bollocking from Shambles ;) The main difference for me between the two (except for S having slightly less duration) is that racemic seems to effect your body and coordination a lot more and S effects the head more. I cant really describe it any better than that haha.

Yeah dudeicus that would be righteously pukka me old china. You should get yourself a white van and flog old wigs and hair-nets out the back Dan' you got the lingo for it ;)

If you check my posts in the Ketamine Isomer Thread I linkied above you'll find I more or less agree with you on the effects of S-ket, Spliff. The thing I was picking up on was the sheer number of people who seem to think they get endless S-ket. This seems highly unlikely to me on purely practical grounds. There is simply vastly more racemic than there could ever be S-isomer so there is always a big difference in supply is all.

A few people seem to be convinced that I have some kinda problem with 'em recently. Genuinely don't know where this is coming from. I don't use quite as many smilies as I used to is about as close as I've come to a convincing explanation to be honest. I also don't get to take as much MDMA and/or psyches as I used to which I have no doubt causes me to be a bit less fluffy than I was a couple years back. This is purely down to availability and cost. If/when those things improve fluffiness will be restored ;)

Yeah dudeicus that would be righteously pukka me old china. You should get yourself a white van and flog old wigs and hair-nets out the back Dan' you got the lingo for it ;)

Gotta be done innit blud. forthwith. best fackin wigs and hair nets you've ever seen make no mistake about it

If you check my posts in the Ketamine Isomer Thread I linkied above you'll find I more or less agree with you on the effects of S-ket, Spliff. The thing I was picking up on was the sheer number of people who seem to think they get endless S-ket. This seems highly unlikely to me on purely practical grounds. There is simply vastly more racemic than there could ever be S-isomer so there is always a big difference in supply is all.

A few people seem to be convinced that I have some kinda problem with 'em recently. Genuinely don't know where this is coming from. I don't use quite as many smilies as I used to is about as close as I've come to a convincing explanation to be honest. I also don't get to take as much MDMA and/or psyches as I used to which I have no doubt causes me to be a bit less fluffy than I was a couple years back. This is purely down to availability and cost. If/when those things improve fluffiness will be restored ;)

I think one of the problems is is that a lot of people think that if it comes as those shardy crystals they immediately think that its S-isomer. May i be so brash to suggest this may even be the main reason. That, along with people believing dealer speak. I believe that there was a picture floating about in that isomer thread (fucked if i can find it) that showed one batch of Racemic on one side and S on the other. If my deteriorating memory is correct; i think the picture of the S stuff was the pin-like crystals. Must be the reason!

I think its the lack of smilies thats the problem. Too many and you run the risk of coming across as a man with in inability to express his emotions through the magic of words, so much resort to computerized faces to convey his feelings; too little and posts will appear as if you were wrote by a MP. Its a tough balancing act as im sure your well aware, but with the correct sprinkling of smilies in your posts they can exaggerate certain sentence and add a dash of much needed colour. Now that i have gifted you with the knowledge on correct smiley usage, you can ignore giving out correct HR and distract them with a barage of well placed smilies :D

Gotta be done innit blud. forthwith. best fackin wigs and hair nets you've ever seen make no mistake about it

Hahahaha im sure youll be rolling in cash in no time =D Such a good business plan man, takes a true genius to come up with that ;) Just park up outside of raves when therye just closing, thats when people are most desperate for them. Nothing sorts out a fucking horrible comedown better than slipping on a nice hair-net

i just think K dulls certain frequency's of music, so when i listen to music, i cant 'hear' it. but it sounds trippy like its bouncing or coming from the other room/

yeah thats how much i like good mxe so i said that.

Yip, I find this.

The only music that I find to work on ketamine is really chilled downtempo type stuff. Anything getting into the more danceable BPM's of electronic music just sounds a bit weird.

Of course, the complete opposite is apparent when ketamine is combined with psychedelics or stimulants. Then it certainly heightens the frequencies.

Apparently the same guy I got the good stuff (pre 2008 style) from, on page 3 of this thread, had the shit stuff again last week. It's really coming and going.

I find it interesting to wonder what must be going on at the higher levels where this stuff is actually made. Are there some serious issues with consistently obtaining precursors? Why? What is actually going on?

Last edited:
Funny with the music thing as I don't get that at all with ketamine, all music sounds amazing. My favourite being disjointed electronic music like u-ziq, his auteurs thing being my absoulte favoutie k music.

But I get it all the time with mxe. The music just seems completely flat with no dynamics at all. Just really boring. One of the reasons I have a bit of a downer on mxe.

Last edited:
Ket music = acid techno. Some of the most profound experiences of my life ("we've gone too far this time") involve k-hole ketamine and acid techno.

Agreed MXE and music don't mix.

Ket music = acid techno. Some of the most profound experiences of my life ("we've gone too far this time") involve k-hole ketamine and acid techno.

Taking some ket after a wack of acid and MD at an acid techno warehouse party in London had me having the most profound spiritual trip but also downright insane experience at 3AM. Crazy going in, loosing your mind, finding it and you still have time to gather your thoughts and dance before things end. Has beaten any other profound trip, even those orientated towards it. Something about those 303s...

Agreed MXE and music don't mix.

Haha - starship enterprise, why is this snow gold 8o? (acid techno + ket)

The k I had at the weekend was average at best, was looking forward to a good hole after being off it for a good while but no luck. Had some 2cb on Saturday though which was amazing, possibly the best trip I've ever had off it. Definitely my favourite drug at the moment. Had a wee bit off different k on Sunday morning but was still wasted at that point so couldn't really tell if it was any good, will maybe get a gram of it to try while sober.

I don't at all mind paying more. I do mind not being able to find it at all or buying this mixed up fake crap. I just wish it round make it's way back to London :(