• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Ketamine Shortage

I found some! Two contacts of mine managed to get hold of it, even though it's unsurprisingly more expensive... going tonight or tomorrow! Yay! Dimension 7 I'm coming! Can't wait

You've never had acid faxed to you? Amateur :p

In vaguely related news, it does look like technology will soon exist to actually "print" drugs using similar technology to 3-D printing only with somewhat finer print perhaps. Have seen a few articles and assorted bobz on the subject and looks like it's a feasible idea. Obviously intended for pharmaceuticals not recreationals but surely that won't stop it making the change. Somebody somewhere is going to start producing custom "printing" instructions (or whatever you'd call the thing you'd need to "print" out yer pills 'n' powders) and that could be, as they say, a gamechanger. How could governments and law enforcement agencies possibly hope to tackle drug distribution of that nature?

In vaguely related news, it does look like technology will soon exist to actually "print" drugs using similar technology to 3-D printing only with somewhat finer print perhaps. Have seen a few articles and assorted bobz on the subject and looks like it's a feasible idea. Obviously intended for pharmaceuticals not recreationals but surely that won't stop it making the change.
I know.. technology is pretty exciting stuff, isn't it?

Cue deluge of complaints from over-45s about 3D-printed MDMA 'lacking warmth and empathy'.

*titters*

"But it's just so cold and... I dunno... mechanical" - me in ten years time.

This shortage really is dire! Just a quick question for IM users - is the ketamine experience that much different compared to nasal? I've developed a right gooch of a tolerance and have always wanted to try going down the IM route, but was just curious as to how the experience actual differs?

Yes the IM experience is very different from the nasal one. That's not a recommendation but it is a fact. It's quite hard to explain precisely why because it's quite hard to explain any aspect of the ketamine experience. They are very different beasts though. And IV is a whole other matter. None of these are recommendations and if you do ever go down the needle route you need to be scrupulously careful with regards to sterility and purity for IM in particular. IV is not quite so critical but comes with all the associated risks of injecting any drug into a vein.

I'd strongly recommend against switching to IM for tolerance reasons no matter how pure or how sterile. That is not a good move. Your tolerance will only rise exponentially. It wasn't for tolerance reasons I used IM (or indeed IV for that matter) but both raised my tolerance so high I wonder if it will ever come down. Not just to ketamine but to all dissociatives. As with all injected drugs, the dosage does drop initially, and as with all injected drugs it's rather seductive and you tend to repeat the procedure really rather a lot and end up pushing your tolerance way higher than it is ever likely to get from snorting alone. You can get through a helluva lot more ketamine in a needle than you can in a nostril. Nostrils block, muscles don't (veins do but you really don't want that to happen :|).

Its not so much tolerance reasons why im interested in trying out IM, but rather just for a different experience. For the past year or so i haven't been able to hole even with ridiculous looking lines. This doesnt really bother me too much as i primarily take it just to watch anime and other visually strange films and normally go through about 5g at the weekend. Would just be nice to be able to reach a hole once in a while. Do you think the odd hole through IM say, once a week, would raise tolerance a huge amount? I hope i dont sound too naive, as im aware of the lure of the needle, but as i prefer the extreme wonky-ness and not just a full on hole, i should be able to keep it to when i actually feel like having a full on hole

If kept to once a week it shouldn't make any more or less difference than any other ROA. It's the seduction part that tends to be the issue. Once a line is crossed it can be hard to back back over that line...

Sorry Shambles, i know i should search myself, but as your here.. Can i ask where is the best place to IM in your opinion?

Outside upper quadrant of the thigh. Left thigh in my case, presumably right thigh if left-handed. Buttocks are commonly used by doctors but not recommended to self-injectors as there are a number of main veins and at least one artery in that vicinity. I managed to hit myself in an arse-artery attempting to IM ket whilst annihilated on booze one time. I wouldn't recommend it. Ketamine is very dangerous shot into arteries - can cause blindness and death. I got palpitations and tunnel vision and a complete inability to speak. Which wasn't so helpful at the hospital trying to explain my predicament :!

Goes without saying that you need to be scrupulously clean, sterile and be using pure product not street product when IMing anything. You really don't want to get an infection in deep muscle. We nearly lost an EADDer to just that shooting sleeping pills into muscle a while back. We since lost the same EADDer to something else entirely :(