Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Twin Peaks

I know that viewing twin peaks is all about your perspective of the content, but does anyone have any theories of the manner in which the show ended???
I loved the ending, i thought it was bold and evil, and it turned around the 30 hours or so of viewing on its head. Who would have thought that after Cooper had progressed so long and hard with the goings on in Twin Peaks that he would succomb to Bob......even though in theory it makes sense as Bob is the epitome of all evil.

I think that if David LYnch was ever able to continue the series that cooper could possibly overththrow Bobs possesion of sorts, from inside the black lodge as Cooper really did have pure courage... remember he was willing to give his soul to windum earle to save Annie...

Last edited by a moderator:
^Please put a spoiler warning on that!! :)

Sorry, I put it on myself. Hope there's no hard feelings.

I'll post my thoughts later.

Last edited:
I finally finished the second season last night.

Oh
Emm
Eff
Gee

Holy fucking hell, what a finale! Worthy end to a great series.

Fuckin' Christ, L to R. I thought there was going to be news of a season two DVD release. :(

How's Annie, btw? ;)

Sorry dude. I wish I had news on a dvd release.

Oh well, a mate is putting the second season onto DVD for me anyway. Hear that Artisan! Your procrastination has made me resort to piracy! Buncha see you enn tee's

You know it's been almost four years since the first season was released on DVD?

How's Annie? Fuck me dead that was gold.

Twin Peaks Season 2 FINALLY coming to DVD April 10th!!!1oneoneone!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Source.

^^^OMG! This may just be the best day of my life (multiple reasons, not just the twin peaks thing) very cool.

I just read lynch's book on the origins of his inspiration or how he works when he makes movies(lynch on lynch was better imo) and now this. Tis the season

who else taught themselfs to tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tounge after watchin it in twin peaks ?

Finder said:
Twin Peaks Season 2 FINALLY coming to DVD April 10th!!!1oneoneone!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Source.

In the words of the great Joey Lawrence

lawrence2wv.jpg

Whao!

my season 2 dvd set (along with fire walk with me) arrived from amazon yesterday
W00T!

I ordered season 2 two fuckin weeks ago and the Aussie gets it before me?

This is some bullshit!

up-ques_david_cross_01.jpg

Having never seen the series before and just finished it, I thought that Lynch must have just stared into the haunting moods evoked in Jimmy Scott's Sycamore Trees and built the series up from there with Frost helping to provide structure to the visions. The song epitomizes the series' darker corners that well. Turns out Lynch wrote the lyrics, I don't know about the instrumentals though. You probably shouldn't watch this link if you haven't seen the whole series, though if you're just starting season 2 it probably won't make enough sense to ruin anything (may be less climactic though). People on the fence about giving this series a shot should definitely check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEK11rS3dRI

man,

man oh man,

we finished season two dvd's the other night, and towards the end of that last episode i felt very strange. i felt lightheaded. i felt dizzy. so alarmingly so that i had to recompose and get a drink.

awesome shit

the recent interviews on the dvd were pretty neat too.

we'll probably chuck on fire walk with me tonight.

The original set I ordered was lost in the fucking mail. They're sending out a new one, but it just left the other day and it's not here yet. :(:(:(:(

Although what's another month to wait after five years? :\

L2R said:
man,

man oh man,

we finished season two dvd's the other night, and towards the end of that last episode i felt very strange. i felt lightheaded. i felt dizzy. so alarmingly so that i had to recompose and get a drink.

awesome shit

the recent interviews on the dvd were pretty neat too.

we'll probably chuck on fire walk with me tonight.
I’ve heard that a lot of people were disappointed with this film because it lacked a lot of the series’ more homey elements they were accustomed to. I saw Fire Walk with Me prior to viewing the series, and though I didn’t understand all that much, I believed then and still believe now after viewing the series that it is among Lynch’s best work (I think Frost was less involved, I don't know). For every tender, familial, towny moment that went unexplored it took a long additional stride into Twin Peaks’ more menacing and metaphysical realms, where in my opinion the most sublime Lynchian art lurks. Had you seen this film before? What did you think? (To anyone.)

yeah, i saw fire walk with me when it was on cable and i was rather unfamiliar with the tv series. i've always enjoyed it on the "trippy" scale, but it's too disjointed for my liking. even mulholland drive and lost highway are much more coherent and therefore infinitely more enjoyable than fwwm.
comparitively, i enjoyed the tv show much more.

So, I finally received my season 2 DVDs after much toiling and gnashing of teeth with the USPS.

Once again, I am greeted with awesomely creepy DVD menus and pristine video quality. However, I'm rather annoyed that the log lady intros are a) shit video quality and b) shit sound quality. They just look like a tacked on afterthought and I'm surprised they even bothered to add them. You have to turn the volume way up to hear her, then turn it way down when the intro credits roll. What is that shit about? I'm sure there is a good reason for it, seeing as though Lynch is such a perfectionist.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching these again. I've been through two episodes thus far and had forgotten how weird and creepy this show gets right at the start of the second season. No wonder a lot of people got freaked out and bailed on the show. ;)