Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: The Shield

tbone190

Bluelighter
tv: The Shield

I can't believe that no one has mentioned The Sheild. It has to be one of the best shows around. The storylines are great and the characters are pretty badass.

Anyone else watch this show?

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught one episode because a friend of mine likes the show. I thought it was horrible, it was an episode where some crooked cop was dealing with some ugly hooker, trying to bust her pimp. He got angry when she didnt listen to him and shoved his gun down her throat. Didnt find it entertaining at all.

I absolutely love this show. Personally, I think it is one of the best dramas on tv, right along side of The Sopranos. The Shield is so intense it keeps you sucked in at every minute. I have seen every single episode to date (mostly on rented dvds), and every week I eagerly await the next episode. I love all the characters and how they interact, especially Vic, he's just one badass meatball.

Anyone keeping up with this season? I'm suprised I don't dislike Glenn Close much, I figured she'd be an annoying presence to the cast, but we'll see.

Shane is a scumfuck cop, and it looks like Vic is going to be forced to go somewhat "legit" if he takes the position busting up the drug rings instead of working on some crappy sting.

Not as much action as last season, but still good. So far it's maintained it's season-to-season storyline very well.

This first episode was kinda weird, the way it seems like (I did miss a few minutes in the beginning) instead of starting up where the last season left off, it's like the cast was left for a few months and it's picking up a few months later than when the last season ended.
The incident in the house with the other strike team member stealing the phone was weird, and obviously they're setting something up for more drama with him later in the season. I'm guessing he's turned into a completely corrupt cop and some shit will be happening with him throughout the season. It will be interesting to see if any other strike team members are around much from last season.

I honestly don't think this new woman that is vic's boss will be a good addition to the show. She just seems to bother me but who knows how it will go. I did like this show and was disappointed when last season ended but I think it may be going downhill, we'll have to see.

As far as there not being a thread on this, I was sure that there was a thread posted about this show a while back but I guess not (if you searched and didn't find it). But I agree that it is one of the better dramas on tv right now, most of them I can't tolerate.

My friend recently got me hooked on the shield. This show is so over the top that it's hard not to love. I just watched all of season 1 over again. I'm gonna start watching season 2 this week. I hope to be caught up soon.

I am LOVING this season. 90 minute episode tonight. Who goes down to you think: Shane or Antoine Mitchell?

saw some of this back when it first came out. the desperate shock-factor styles ala-24 got old rather quickly.

EbowTheLetter said:
I am LOVING this season. 90 minute episode tonight. Who goes down to you think: Shane or Antoine Mitchell?

Ive been following this show and at the moment we're in the series where glenn close takes over as captain and Vic has gone semi legit with his new position and shane is selling out to antoine.

One of my all time favourite shows

I think shield is dope. It drags you in and keeps your attention the whole time.

-weez

The Shield has been up and down over the past few years. The first season was cool because it was so edgy and intense but that started to wear off.

I like what they started doing with Antoine and that whole storyline. But for some reason none of the characters intrigue me other than Vic

BUMP

Anyone catch the last episode of the season?? I've always thought Shane was a prick, but this really tops it off!!! At first I couldn't believe he could murder one of his partners, but then I thought "this is Shane we're talking about, of course he could"

I'm way excited for next season. I can't wait. Claudette will be a great captain I think, but still having her in power leaves a lot of room for drama which will make for fucking KICK ASS next season.

Whatever will I do on Tues nights now?

LoveAlways said:
BUMP

Anyone catch the last episode of the season?? I've always thought Shane was a prick, but this really tops it off!!! At first I couldn't believe he could murder one of his partners, but then I thought "this is Shane we're talking about, of course he could"

I'm way excited for next season. I can't wait. Claudette will be a great captain I think, but still having her in power leaves a lot of room for drama which will make for fucking KICK ASS next season.

Whatever will I do on Tues nights now?

I love The Shield my fav. TV show. Great acting,interesting writing and storylines %)

Yeap,next season will be interesting :D .

I can't believe LEM is dead! 8o

For next season(Probably the last too.):-

Shane has always been a dumb arse so I'm sure Vic will figure out he killed Lem.What will Vic do about it?

Ronnie might actually say more than a few words in an episode....

Will Dutch get in Tina's pants and/or beat up his partner?

Will Claudette like her new position and having to deal with bullshit above and below her? Will she be effected by ill health again?

Will Julian go back to the 'gay life' and/or 'go mental'?

I think Forrest Whitaker's acting has been great.Will his character get even more obsessed(If that is possible ;) ) with bringing down the strike team? Will he try again to sleep with Vic's ex-wife?(The actress being the real life wife of the show's creator Shawn Ryan.)

How will the strike team's lawyer react and think after what happened to Lem?

How will David Acaveda react to what happened to Lem?

What will Antwon Mitchell say regarding Lem's death,and will he still be trying to get the rest of the strike team, inside to be killed?

Can't wait 'til next season.............................. =D

hmmm whos lem again? I havnt been keeping up with the show. Last time I watched the show vic and the boys just found out shane is in antoines pocket.

bah ive missed so much

So are people still watching this or not? I lost track of the story a while back (middle of the 3rd season) due to channel 10 fucking not airing it. So i've had to resort to downloading all the eps, currently up to episode 3 of the 5th season. If you're going to reply, give me a spoiler warning first. I already heard about Lem and the poisoning, which is bad enough.

And I think this show is highly underrated.

^^It most definately is! I fucking LOVE this show!!

I don't know where you are geographically but I hear that there are re-plays on Fri nights (not sure what channel) Personally, I have 4 seasons on DVD and watch them pretty often. The show is so addicting, I have to get my fix while waiting for season 6 to come out on TV (anyone know when that is??) and season 5 to come out on DVD.

I live in Australia, the last episode I remember seeing down here on TV was when Antwon killed Angie. But as far as I can remember it was pulled off air.

Anyway, I just finished watching the finale of Season 5 and fuck, what can I say. This may sound stupid, but I feel as though i've got an emotional bond towards the characters, to the point of nearly crying when Shane killed Lem. Probably moreso because Lem had more of a conscience/heart than the other members of the Strike Team, i'm fiending for Season 6 now. On another note, Forest Whitakers portrayel of Kavanaugh was brilliant. I absolutely hated the shit out of him, especially when he formally arrested Lem after him & Vic were caught watching him and his wife's conversation in the interrogation room.

[S]alvatore said:
I absolutely hated the shit out of him, especially when he formally arrested Lem after him & Vic were caught watching him and his wife's conversation in the interrogation room.

I think that was, quite possibly, my favorite scene of the entire season.

I love this show so much... this last season was spectacular.... Whittaker was an amazing addition to the show (minus his creepy ass lazy eye).

Please people, with shows like this, spoiler warnings are key. The death that was mentioned above could have ruined five seasons of buildup in one fell swoop if I hadn't already seen that episode....

I love how this last season tied together events from the previous four seasons (and VERY effectively as well).

This next season should be the last but most certainly not least. If it goes any longer I can't see it going very well... but we'll see.