⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: The Sarah Silverman Program

I never guaranteed anything.

I said that I'd bet bet you my paycheck that it won't get canceled "within the next year," as YOU predicted it would.

Wanna put your money where your mouth is?

You work awfully hard for that White Castle paycheck, I'd hate to take it away from you. Congrats on finally becoming assistant manager after 10 years on the job, btw.

I don't think it'll be canceled within the next year. Even Mind of Mencia lasted 4 seasons. The novelty will wear off the same time for Sarah.

POOP!

Did you laugh? I bet you did you sly fox you.

My White Castle paycheck?

That's funny.

I actually sold a large chunk of my 50 percent share of a business that I founded, which grossed almost a million dollars a year, several years ago, so that I could put most of my time and energy towards working towards my passion.

So instead of being wealthy monetarily, and being neutral towards the enjoyment of my career, like I used to be, now I'm "merely" upper-middle class, and I love my career more than I love sex, food and sleep combined.

Other than your obvious insecurity, what, Max Powers, is YOUR passion?

Last edited:
:D

Congrats, I'm glad your happy. Let's just say I'm happy with where I'm at as well.

This is getting off topic yet again and I'm certainly not helping. Guess we're going to have agree to disagree 'til next time.

If you were truly happy with where you're "at," you wouldn't have been filling this thread with ad-homs, the White Castle one being only the most recent.

I sincerely hope, for your benefit, that one day, you find something that you're truly passionate about, so you can stop wasting your finite time and energy berating those of us who are actually happy.

Last edited:
OMG i love how this drama is left to continue on, how totally relevant to the thread it all is!!

Thanks for watching this season guys. This means you, maxpowers!

If you noticed, in the season finale I tried to find the balance between farts AND beastiality. So dont raise your nose at me, sirs and madams!

It's looking like we will be back for another season, but tv land is fickle, so who knows.

And if anyone lives near Indio, CA where Coachella is Sarah, Todd Barry and myself will be performing standup there on January 10th. (This means you, Maxpowers!)

-Harris

Thanks for watching this season guys. This means you, maxpowers!

If you noticed, in the season finale I tried to find the balance between farts AND beastiality. So dont raise your nose at me, sirs and madams!

It's looking like we will be back for another season, but tv land is fickle, so who knows.

And if anyone lives near Indio, CA where Coachella is Sarah, Todd Barry and myself will be performing standup there on January 10th. (This means you, Maxpowers!)

-Harris

DJ_TANNER:

Todd Barry is, in my opinion, one of the eight greatest joke-writers of the Modern Era.

And we all know how much I diefy Ms. Silverman.

I regret that I will be missing such a high-quality show, DJ Tanner, as I shall be toiling away in NYC, spitting out my one-liners that week, but I wish you guys a fucking blast dj_tanner, and thank all of you writers for contributing such high quality comedy to so many people who didn't even know they'd appreciate it until they gave it a try.

Lucky Louie didn't go down without a fight - neither shall The Sarah Silverman Program!

Peace, Continued Success, and ALWAYS Laughter,

LL

^ awwwww. LL... you had me in your grips until you mentioned lucky louie. i HATED that show. i used to like louie CK until that show too. :(

but what LL said, dj_tanner. kudos. keep up the good work, SOME people do like what the show is about. and i couldn't help but think the season finale had some sort of blatant "fuck you" message in it's content. :D

^ awwwww. LL... you had me in your grips until you mentioned lucky louie. i HATED that show. i used to like louie CK until that show too. :(

but what LL said, dj_tanner. kudos. keep up the good work, SOME people do like what the show is about. and i couldn't help but think the season finale had some sort of blatant "fuck you" message in it's content. :D

Funny you say that, because when I am not working on sarah's show I tour with Louie as his opener. All I will say about this is I dont see why Louie's show changed your opinion of him as a comedian. His standup may be the best in the world at the moment, like literally. Give him another chance and netflix or watch Chewed up, his new special on HBO. You are missing out if you dont.

But also, thanks for the kudos. Remember kudos the candy bars? Are those still around?

(1) Hedberg
(2) Attell
(3) Giraldo
(4) Silverman
(5) CK
(6) Dixon
(7) Alexandro
(08.) Barry
(09.) Rock
(10) Chappelle
(11) Jeselnik
(12) Davidoff
(13) O'Neal
(14) Brennan
(15) Martin
(16) Mintz
(17) Lubel
(18.) McFarlane
(19) Gottfried
(20) McCaffrey

Those are, in my opinion, the twenty greatest stand-ups of the modern era (post-bust).

I might be forgetting someone, and if I am, I shall be happy to make amendments to the list.

People out there who love smart stand-up comedy . . .

There's a FUCKING shitload of it right now.

So go see the 19 living comedians on my Top Twenty, and once you're done, I'll give you another twenty who are also well worth watching, IMO.

DJ Tanner, you would have pissed your pants had you been at a Halloween party here in New York called, "Schtick or Treat."

Tom Fucking McCaffrey (how the fuck is he not famous already?) did an impression of your boy Louis CK that was so dead-on, it was scary!

The voice, the mannerisms, EVERYTHING!

"It's NEVER OK to rape anyone.

Well . . . unless you really want to have sex and no one in the room will consent."

Best rape joke EVER, IMO.

The beauty is in its simplicity.

Great talking comedy, as always.

Peace & Laughter,

LL

Dave Attell is prbly my favorite comedian right now. If Mitch were still alive, he'd have the title. If Sarah were funny, she'd make the list as well.

(1) Hedberg
Mad respect for that one. A few pages back I was going to ask what you thought of him (since he doesn't seem to fit in your pretty package of "good comedians"). But I figured you'd hate him or call him an idiot since he's not artsy or whatever for you. I'm very pleasantly surprised that you put him at #1.

Now I don't have a list of my top 20 comedians (I have a list of my top 20 scientists though!), but if I did, Mitch would be #1. So I guess we agree on something.

Comedians always say that timing is important in comedy, and Mitch worked that well, but another great attribute of Mitch was his ability to rebound perfectly from a joke that didn't get many laughs. Example off the top of my head: "That joke was funnier than you acted." (and many other great examples as well.)

R.I.P. MITCH

"Do you believe in Gosh?" <------ His posthumous stand-up CD. Its great.

Mitch Hedberg literally changed my life.

Mitch Hedberg is the reason I am doing stand-up today.

Mitch Hedberg REVOLUTIONIZED the artform that is Stand-Up Comedy.

People will be reciting his jokes 500 years from now.

The one full week that I was fortunate to open for him was borderline the highlight of my life.

Every single show felt like a FUCKING rock concert.

I have a multitude of stories, but I probably shouldn't share some of them without his permission.

A couple months ago, at the CD release tribute to Mitch, in front of a standing-room-only crowd at one of the most prestigious clubs in the City, Marc Maron opened his set with:

"Holy shit!

Hedberg's a bigger draw dead than I am alive!"

I owe that genius a debt of gratitude that I will never be able to repay.

"I don't have a girlfriend.

I just know a girl who would be really mad if she heard me say that."

I'm not sure if they have Bluelight wherever you are right now, Mitch, but regardless:

THANK YOU !

THANK YOU !

THANK YOU !

i only liked the episode where she was robotrippin.
probably cause i found it while i was on triple c's back in tha day.
ahaha that one was so gooood.

now whenever i see the show i just think, oh god i need to be on dxm to enjoy this. and then turn it off because i don't do that anymore.

is her stand-up any good?

Funny you say that, because when I am not working on sarah's show I tour with Louie as his opener. All I will say about this is I dont see why Louie's show changed your opinion of him as a comedian. His standup may be the best in the world at the moment, like literally. Give him another chance and netflix or watch Chewed up, his new special on HBO. You are missing out if you dont.

But also, thanks for the kudos. Remember kudos the candy bars? Are those still around?

i don't dislike louie, it's just that i thought his show took unnecessary advantage of the fact that it was on HBO and swore WAY more than was necessary to be pertinent to the jokes. i think his stand up is funny (though admittedly i haven't seen it in YEARS), but his tv show just did nothing for me.

but i agree on the current mitch hedberg conversation. he's my favorite of all time also. he is absolutely BRILLIANT. an entire show of his is the LEAST boring stand up you'll ever see.

"Recently, my boyfriend and I have been discussing having children together.

But I just turned 35 years old, so getting pregnant isn't entirely safe for me.

Because as everyone knows, the best time to get pregnant is when you're a black teenager."

-- Sarah Silverman

Lacey, please tell me ONE stand-up joke written by a woman EVER, that is, IN YOUR OPINION, funnier than the one I posted above.

Wow....she made fun of black teen pregnancy!

Clearly, this is the BEST STAND-UP JOKE OF ALL TIME!!!!

8o8o8o

^ I will definitely back that. Although 90% of her comedy is impressions of her Korean mom, its still legit. And I like it more than SS.

But we all must remember, this is all so variable. Thats why I love opinions!!! (Actually I hate them)