Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: The Sarah Silverman Program

awww... this thread is a lovefest now. :)

LL if i had the balls to perform my stuff... i'd do it. the writing i think i could do, i write anyways, i have an artistic mind and i LOVE good comedy. so i suppose i could get on the writing train. can't promise anything would come of it, but i'll at least take your advice and see how it goes. :)

I just have to say thank you to L to the L for typing out the Halle Berry joke. I tried SO hard to remember that very joke the other day but I couldn't remember how she set it up. Definitely one of my favorites! :)

I haven't watched much of Sarah's show due to lack of time BUT I do love her! <3

I love the Sarah Silverman Program. New episode tonight!

But I actually think Sarah is the least funnny character on the show. She actually annoys the hell out of me on the show, although I love her stand up comedy, and she is pretty hot too.

No I think the funniest characters are by far the two gay guys, Brian and ???. Sarah's sister's cop husband cracks me up too.

This is one of the only new shows out I actually enjoy.

No disrespect to Sarah Silverman, but I like Chelsea Handler much better.

I heard of this Silverman bird because she is supposed to be soooo funny. Youtube soon taught me these claims were unfounded.

I'm in the "just don't get it" camp.

^ if you only watched clips of it on youtube, you're missing the full experience. the show's plots are usually pretty entertaining (to a couple of us anyways :D), but just watching clips won't do it justice. it's like picking a book up in the middle and missing the beginning and the end, you don't have a clue what's happening and you take everything at face value.

I heard of this Silverman bird because she is supposed to be soooo funny. Youtube soon taught me these claims were unfounded.

I'm in the "just don't get it" camp.

If you truly went into The Sarah Silverman Experience with an open mind, and your flip response, after watching that comic genius is that you "just don't get it," then I, in turn, shall be equally flip and opine that you literally DIDN'T GET IT!

Peace On You Despite Your Poor Taste In Comedy,

LL

It'll be canceled within the next year, it's all good.

:)

I'll bet you my day-job paycheck it's NOT!

You gonna put your money where your mouth is, Hater?

Happy Holidays - If I was Santa Claus, I'd happily bestow upon you an appreciation for GREATNESS.

Peace,

LL

^hey lovelife, i saw sarah silverman roasting pam anderson and it was
Good. You said you were a comedian right? If its as funny as sarah id like to see, pm me a link. Peace

^hey lovelife, i saw sarah silverman roasting pam anderson and it was
Good.

You said you were a comedian right?

If its as funny as sarah id like to see, pm me a link.

Peace

I'm very very funny, but I'm not even in the same ballpark as Sarah.

I'm very good for being in my fourth year - she's one of the greatest EVER, and she's been doing it for TWENTY YEARS.

I am off to see the family to celebrate our Chosen People's fourteenth most-important holiday, but I shall put "sending you a link of my stand-up" on my to-do list!

Thanks for asking.

Peace On You,

LL

I'll bet you my day-job paycheck it's NOT!

You gonna put your money where your mouth is, Hater?

Happy Holidays - If I was Santa Claus, I'd happily bestow upon you an appreciation for GREATNESS.

Peace,

LL

:D

Hater, that's funny.

Just because you and your three friends think it's GENIUS doesn't mean everyone does. As this thread has shown there seems to be more negative feedback than positive for it.

At the end of the day, it's ratings that decide the fate of shows. If no ones watching, it doesn't matter how good it is.

more negative feedback HERE maybe. everyone knows most bl'ers have shitty taste in everything. luckily i'm not one of those most and obviously neither is LL. :D

i think i have pretty good taste for this kind of thing generally and i also believe i'm reasonably intelligent and, while i used to quite enjoy her stuff, these days i really don't find her funny.

maybe it's me but i do believe it is possible to be smart, get her comedy and still not like it.

:)

alasdair

At the end of the day, it's ratings that decide the fate of shows.

The pilot of The Sarah Silverman Program got the HIGHEST ratings of any premiere on Comedy Central since Chappelle's Show.

If no ones watching, it doesn't matter how good it is.

Really?!

"Cheers" finished DEAD LAST in the ratings (out of over 100 shows) in its first week, and is now widely considered to be one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

Maybe if "no one" is watching, it doesn't matter how good it is TO YOU.

But even if, hypothetically, Sarah's Program received relatively low ratings (AND IT DOESN'T), it would still "matter" to those of us who appreciate great comedy.

I am now personally offended that you got time to post about sarah silverman but cant reply to my sopranos question :( Waaaaaaaaaaah lol

Okay, the first episode did well in terms of garnering an audience. Great. I'm sure Comedy Central hyped and promoted the FUCK out of it. That doesn't really say anything in terms of whether people stuck around or not after they found out it's not funny.

What I meant by my "If no ones watching, it doesn't matter how good it is" comment was that even if a show is incredible, if no one watches it, it doesn't matter because programs with low ratings will ALWAYS get the axe. You said there is no way it's getting canceled.