Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: The Sarah Silverman Program

Margaret Cho came here and performed once and was booed off stage by 800 students. Why 800 people paid for tickets to see Margaret Cho when they obviously didn't like her is a mystery. I just don't think she's funny, but I digress.

This thread is being derailed here. Love her or hate her, this thread is about The Sarah Silverman program. Let's try and stick to the topic at hand.

I have had the chance to smoke with Sarah, Brian Posehn, and Steve Agee (The two big, red haired gay guys in the show) and Doug Benson all after one show at The UCB Theatre in LA. They are all amazingly hilarious people-

Although the show is mediocre.

Last edited:
I think the side characters on the show are much funnier than Sarah. I've watched the show many times with an open mind but I cant say that I find it consistantly funny.

Color me stupid but I just can't see the comic genius described in this thread. Her standup is mediocre. She has her moments, but overall her comedy is average imo.

Loved Hedberg, not my favorite(don't know who is at the moment, I like too many), and Silverman is certainly one of the very few female comedians(in movies/stand-up/anywhere) that I find funny. Don't know why it's so hard for females to be funny...maybe women have the opposite view, and think people like Rosie are hilarious...what sayeth you women?

I fell in love with Silverman when she guest starred on the 3rd season finale of ST: Voyager

I'll def. check this out

I love this show, the third season was nuts. The Nazi episode and the LSD episodes stand out. I always got really high before I watched the show so I don't remember all of it.v

Color me stupid but I just can't see the comic genius described in this thread. Her standup is mediocre. She has her moments, but overall her comedy is average imo.

I guess it's not for everyone. What I like about her comedy is the subtle undertones. I think her best stuff is easily misconstrued as face value comedy, but it's the undertones that keep me laughing after the fact.

I don't think Silverman is a genius, but she's really funny, smoking hot and she can act and sing as well (unlike most stand-up comedians turned sitcom stars - I'm fucking sick of seeing flimsy vehicles for comedians like "Everybody Loves Fucking Raymond and shit).

The show isn't mediocre.

Name four better shows that are vehicles for stand up comics.