• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Trying Gabapentin

Trying to decide whether I should A. Take another Gabapentin B. Start working on my drawing or C. Take a nap

Gabapentin was the only thing that got me through my withdrawal from methadone (which is hands down the worst opiate withdrawal you can go through). If you take a higher amount of gabbies you can feel something, but its not an opiate high... almost like a touch of vertigo and slight difficulty with balance/walking... and then I get a voracious appetite. I really like to take them to help my comedown after smoking crack too

Gabapentinoids are highly versatile and a good choice for a lot of people and a lot of conditions. They can be effective for psychological problems like Anxiety, Depression etc. and can also be effective for Analgesia, Insomnia and lots of other stuff.

Where they really shine, in my opinion is their efficacy in treating both Acute and Chronic withdrawal symptoms from Opioids, bot other drugs like Alcohol as well. Here is an article I refer too frequently regarding the use of Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the treatment of Chronic Alcoholism. It seems to indicate a reduction in cravings for Alcohol without too many detrimental side-effects.

[/URL]

Gabapentinoids are also great for treating Opioid withdrawal and in the same way Alcohol, reducing cravings for Opioids and thus reducing the rates of relapse for the user. For many, Gabapentinoids have a drastic, positive effect on symptoms of withdrawal. If I had to choose one drug and only one drug to treat Opioid withdrawal, it would be Pregabalin every time.

Moving on, Gabapentinoids are effective treatments for different varieties of neurological pain. Also, co-administration of Pregabalin with Opioid painkillers, has been shown to reduce the overall need for said painkillers in both chronic and acute scenarios. Here is an article indicating such:

[/URL]

These drugs are really effective for a lot of people and a lot of different conditions. If there were an Achilles' Heel, it would have to be the nearly exponential rate at which tolerance can set in. If using high-dosages, you can burn out the effectiveness of this stuff in just a matter of days.

I usually advise people to use Gabapentinoids in a "few days on, few days off" fashion. You can maintain the effectiveness of these drugs and also avoid heavy dependence and subsequent withdrawal.

I hope some of this information was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Gabapentinoids are highly versatile and a good choice for a lot of people and a lot of conditions. They can be effective for psychological problems like Anxiety, Depression etc. and can also be effective for Analgesia, Insomnia and lots of other stuff.

Where they really shine, in my opinion is their efficacy in treating both Acute and Chronic withdrawal symptoms from Opioids, bot other drugs like Alcohol as well. Here is an article I refer too frequently regarding the use of Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the treatment of Chronic Alcoholism. It seems to indicate a reduction in cravings for Alcohol without too many detrimental side-effects.

[/URL]

Gabapentinoids are also great for treating Opioid withdrawal and in the same way Alcohol, reducing cravings for Opioids and thus reducing the rates of relapse for the user. For many, Gabapentinoids have a drastic, positive effect on symptoms of withdrawal. If I had to choose one drug and only one drug to treat Opioid withdrawal, it would be Pregabalin every time.

Moving on, Gabapentinoids are effective treatments for different varieties of neurological pain. Also, co-administration of Pregabalin with Opioid painkillers, has been shown to reduce the overall need for said painkillers in both chronic and acute scenarios. Here is an article indicating such:

[/URL]

These drugs are really effective for a lot of people and a lot of different conditions. If there were an Achilles' Heel, it would have to be the nearly exponential rate at which tolerance can set in. If using high-dosages, you can burn out the effectiveness of this stuff in just a matter of days.

I usually advise people to use Gabapentinoids in a "few days on, few days off" fashion. You can maintain the effectiveness of these drugs and also avoid heavy dependence and subsequent withdrawal.

I hope some of this information was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Stupid question: what if you took the powder out of a gabapentin capsule, stirred it with a little warm water, and drank it? I would assume it would hit the system quicker? Just curious....

Na, not really, gabapentin is a calcium channel blocker, and it generally takes ~90+ minutes to start feeling the effects of gabapentin. This is from my personal experience. The only benefit to taking the powder out of the capsule is to measure it into 100-150 mg doses where more gabapentin is utilized and you don’t waste so much do to gabapentin’s inverse bell curve. Use a digital scale for accuracy

Hope that helps

🧙‍♂️
Yep. That helped, Wizard. I could make the gabbie capsules last longer as you described. I have empty 150mg capsules I could use. Great idea. Thanx

Na, not really, gabapentin is a calcium channel blocker, and it generally takes ~90+ minutes to start feeling the effects of gabapentin. This is from my personal experience. The only benefit to taking the powder out of the capsule is to measure it into 100-150 mg doses where more gabapentin is utilized and you don’t waste so much do to gabapentin’s inverse bell curve. Use a digital scale for accuracy

Hope that helps

🧙‍♂️

Agreed. I dont have specifics or anything, but I would reason that it takes less than 2 minutes for your stomach acid to dissolve a gelatin capsule. Technically it would hit you faster, but probably not worth the trouble, although a few people swear this gives them a better effect with both Gabapentin and Pregabalin.