• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Trying Gabapentin

While most will agree with what you said i personally get more from 1200mg gabapentin then i do from 2mg alzam but that can also be of my benzo tolerance and slight gabapentinoid tolerance. So it does come down to personal exp and how our body works. So that's my personal insight on this subject

Gabapentin has stupidly low bioavailability, you can get physically addicted to it and the withdrawals are awful and it’s main side effect is weight gain. If your pain is manageable without it don’t start taking it is my advice. It can be a great medication for people with nerve pain that’s otherwise not managed but other than that it’s honestly not worth it.

Gabapentin has stupidly low bioavailability, you can get physically addicted to it and the withdrawals are awful and it’s main side effect is weight gain. If your pain is manageable without it don’t start taking it is my advice. It can be a great medication for people with nerve pain that’s otherwise not managed but other than that it’s honestly not worth it.
Its decent for opiate withdrawal too.

@tommygirl this looks like you're asking for actual drugs advice, so imma move it to BDD.

If you actually meant it to be lounge fodder tho, lemme know.

I was recently prescribed Gabapentin for some spinal compressions but being me I have to try and see if I can have any fun it too. My rx is for 1 300mg pill every morning, afternoon and night. So to start out recreationally I just took 3 pills at once. I know it's not exactly an opioid or anything but I'm curious.
Gabapentin works so differently for people. There is great advice on this on the Gabapentinoids Mega-Thread in the Other Drugs section. Check it out. For me I stagger gabapentin doses for the best effect. I add a few Tramadols & it makes me feel cozy. Tolerance builds fast. Save some of those Gabapentins - they work wonders for opiate withdrawals.

Gabapentin saved my ass during my year long methadone withdrawal, that and weed and booze and every and all other drugs that was at the wizard’s disposal, other than opiates.

—Wizard🧙‍♂️
So you’ve no real way of saying it was gabapentin that helped you considering you were using lots of other drugs. Gabapentin has such a low bioavailability I can guarantee it did next to nothing other than having a placebo effect.

Gabapentin saved my ass during my year long methadone withdrawal, that and weed and booze and every and all other drugs that was at the wizard’s disposal, other than opiates.

—Wizard🧙‍♂️
Agreed, Wizard. Gabbies do have a low bioavailability. Very low. But a few times this year gabbies saved my ass from withdrawls. Gabbies were all I had & it worked great. I would say about 90% of my symptoms were eliminated. There are many others here on BL who swear by gabbies as a big help for withdrawals. Check out the Withdrawls Survival Thread. Then there are others who get no effect at all. Again, different from person to person. In the end, it is a good idea to keep a few gabbies on hand. Doesn't hurt to have them.

Yes gabapentin sure does. It has an inverse bell curve. I only bolus gabapentin when I need immediate action. Then I immediately take 100-150 mg every 45 minutes after that to effect.

Make sense?

🧙‍♂️
Wow! That's exactly what I do! The staggering works wonders. Takes a few hours, but a lifesaver! I was able to go to work without the fear of withdrawal hell. A lot of info about gabbies I have learned here on BL thanx to people like you, Wizard. Gabbies & Tramadol are my drugs of choice. Weird, huh?

Agreed, Wizard. Gabbies do have a low bioavailability. Very low. But a few times this year gabbies saved my ass from withdrawls. Gabbies were all I had & it worked great. I would say about 90% of my symptoms were eliminated. There are many others here on BL who swear by gabbies as a big help for withdrawals. Check out the Withdrawls Survival Thread. Then there are others who get no effect at all. Again, different from person to person. In the end, it is a good idea to keep a few gabbies on hand. Doesn't hurt to have them.
Yep. Gabapentin and kratom was a Godsend for me during Tramadol/ Oxy withdrawal. Also helped me with quitting alcohol.

So you’ve no real way of saying it was gabapentin that helped you considering you were using lots of other drugs. Gabapentin has such a low bioavailability I can guarantee it did next to nothing other than having a placebo effect.

Gabapentin and phenibut are the only thing I use for withdrawal. I would much rather have gabapentin than anything opiod related; even kratom or buprenorphine and especially benzos or booze.

I have taken gabapentin and phenibut in binge patterns over the last 3yrs because unfortunately I periodically relapse on opiates. Been a hardcore heroin, methadone and benzo addict In the past and have used for 20+ years without finding gabantin I would have never gotten any clean time. It has allowed me to take control of my life in a way I had never been able to before. In using this way I have had no withdrawal and only slight withdrawal from phenibut because I messed up by taking it for a little over 2 weeks. One should definitely only keep it a couple of days on each substance but in my opinion they are a Godsend for opiate withdrawal and periodic use in PAWS.

The way I take it by staggering doses through out the day into a high dose range it developed a quick buildup of tolerance in a couple of days, which really negates the desire or effectiveness of continuing usage past a couple of days so it is self regulating in this regaurd. This is a quality of life thing for me and actually a life saver as I am a chronic overdoser.

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. As some of you predicted, last night's experience was decidedly underwhelming. So today I'm taking the advice from here and spacing doses out over time. I took 900 mg about half an hour ago, will redose in a few. But if I still don't feel anything I think I'll give up on this one.

Another 900 mg just went down the hatch. I'll probably take 1 or 2 more doses today and see what happens. I'm going to be working on a drawing for one of my online classes today so I'm hoping this goes in the direction of enhanced creativity.

Another 900 mg just went down the hatch. I'll probably take 1 or 2 more doses today and see what happens. I'm going to be working on a drawing for one of my online classes today so I'm hoping this goes in the direction of enhanced creativity.
900mg at once is too much. It has a really low bioavailability. You’re better dosing 300mg every 45 mins.

Still not sure if it's just a placebo effect but I think I'm feeling a bit of the tingly numbness like that I get from opiates. Also weirdly I'm having like these little spasms of my mouth and tongue, I've had them before I started taking the Gabapentin but they seem to be worse now. Trying to decide whether I should do another dose or if I'm as high as I can get with this drug.

Still not sure if it's just a placebo effect but I think I'm feeling a bit of the tingly numbness like that I get from opiates. Also weirdly I'm having like these little spasms of my mouth and tongue, I've had them before I started taking the Gabapentin but they seem to be worse now. Trying to decide whether I should do another dose or if I'm as high as I can get with this drug.
you can get a lot more recreational value with the dosages if you want by keep on staggering them but if you have reach the point that you comfortable with then just ride it out and get to know the said drug and how you respond and then you can always add more. Just for interest sake and a stupid comparison but you can always add more salt to a dish but not take it away.