• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Trying Gabapentin

tommygirl

Bluelighter
I was recently prescribed Gabapentin for some spinal compressions but being me I have to try and see if I can have any fun it too. My rx is for 1 300mg pill every morning, afternoon and night. So to start out recreationally I just took 3 pills at once. I know it's not exactly an opioid or anything but I'm curious.

Ok I might regret this but I was reading some Gabapentin experiences on Erowid and someone mentioned feeling really good on 1800mg so I figured why not and popped 3 more pills. I'd normally be a little more conservative with a new recreation but Gabapentin is supposed to be pretty safe so I'm not too worried. Honestly not even expecting much of a high, although when I first started taking it even the initial 1 pill dose caused a little bit of swimmy eyes and mild double vision though that quickly went away.

Keep us posted? I personally like gabapentin, pregabalin and phenibut but cycle them. It helps keep from depleting a source and after a few years on them really do not notice much cross-tolerance. Just my take on it, anyway.
Rx-ed for some damage but mainly for "nerve" issues around spine. What I need is a nerve pill and a pill for my nerves.
I was recently prescribed Gabapentin
First time on gabapentinoids? 900mg a day with no introduction?
Thanks,
Ptah
Gabapentin is supposed to be pretty safe so I'm not too worried.
It is relatively safe (IMO) if one is comfortable and in a decent spot. One may become *drunk and kinda off kilter, though. Just be safe and dont go drivin' willy-nilly, eh? lol
Best

I've been taking the Gabapentin for about a month now, started with 1 pill a day the first week, then 2, then 3. Don't worry I don't drive anyway lol. Drunk you say? I like drunk except for the puking my guts out the next morning part. A couple things I've noticed popping up again and again in the Erowid reports are that Gabapentin tends to take awhile to kick in (like 1-2 hours) and that it tends to make people more sociable (talking and singing seem to be favorite activities for those under the influence of Gaba). I don't feel any noticeable effects yet but like I said it can take awhile to kick in.

I've been taking the Gabapentin for about a month now, started with 1 pill a day the first week, then 2, then 3. Don't worry I don't drive anyway lol. Drunk you say? I like drunk except for the puking my guts out the next morning part. A couple things I've noticed popping up again and again in the Erowid reports are that Gabapentin tends to take awhile to kick in (like 1-2 hours) and that it tends to make people more sociable (talking and singing seem to be favorite activities for those under the influence of Gaba). I don't feel any noticeable effects yet but like I said it can take awhile to kick in.
honestly drinking is just easier. i was completely underwhelmed to the point of probably just placebo because i knew i took pills.

VY4NUIZ.jpg

just a small insight but gabapentin needs to be staggered to not waste it and get best effects on the recreational side. BUt with Pregabalin straggering is not required and bio-availability is much better. Just for interest sake to the OP

just a small insight but gabapentin needs to be staggered to not waste it
guess i fucked up because after taking them at a staggered rate like i was told on here, i opted to flush the whole bottle all at once. 1 pill at a time would have made me late for work.
OP
just drink. guaranteed to work

guess i fucked up because after taking them at a staggered rate like i was told on here, i opted to flush the whole bottle all at once. 1 pill at a time would have made me late for work.
OP
just drink. guaranteed to work
Well lets just say and this is just a scenario. If you wanted to feel this for work or before your day started i would go with the following

Let's say you need to be at work at 8am
wake up at 6am and have first dose of gabapentin, wait 45 min and have another and then wait another 45 min and so on.
So overall it will look something like this;
06:00 ?mg gabapentin
06:45 ?mg gabapentin
07:30 ?mg gabapentin
08:15 ?mg gabapentin

By that time you should have enough in your system to feel any recreational value and the decrease in pain and increase other properties it helps with like anxiety and such. Depending on the dose you are using at each staggering interval, hope this makes sense.

Well lets just say and this is just a scenario. If you wanted to feel this for work or before your day started i would go with the following

Let's say you need to be at work at 8am
wake up at 6am and have first dose of gabapentin, wait 45 min and have another and then wait another 45 min and so on.
So overall it will look something like this;
06:00 ?mg gabapentin
06:45 ?mg gabapentin
07:30 ?mg gabapentin
08:15 ?mg gabapentin

By that time you should have enough in your system to feel any recreational value and the decrease in pain and increase other properties it helps with like anxiety and such. Depending on the dose you are using at each staggering interval, hope this makes sense.
thanks man but i tried it a few times and it's junk as far as I'm concerned. jmo. it's what bupe is to heroin, gabapentin is to xanax.