• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tripping on Weed?

The first time I smoked weed I was in A-dam and I tripped harder than I did when I tried shrooms for the first time a couple days later. I was out of my head with full visuals for a good six hours off a good 1/4g rip of heady hydro. Honestly, I think the only experience that I've had that was more intense was when I OD-ed on nutmeg, and that almost killed me. With a low enough tolerance and high enough dose, weed will make you trip just as hard as any psychedelic.

ok pot has the POTENTIAL to be a powerful psychoactive, however it often is not for a number of different reasons such as tolearance due to regular use, expectations of it as a mild substance, and also the method of use. for one many people who smoke weed do it on a regular basis building tolerance and lessening the effects. also if someone expects the experience to be fairly mild they may have a more "mild" feeling experience even if they are out of their head completely they could rationalize it as "not really a true psychoactive experience". finally, smoking the weed tends to be much more mild than ingesting it. i have experienced both and i can say that ingesting can truly mess you up and cause profound experiences while smoking cannot at least not as easily. while eating cannabis i have experienced a sense of lacking existence and everything around me simply lacking existence (difficult to comprehend unless youve been there too), the entire room changing to a warped strange shape while my closet door began sliding along the ground, insane closed eye visuals, and one experience of utter mindfuck where i couldnt even speak in normal word (i was unable to know how to move my tounge to talk or forgot the english language making me babble and point at things. depending on lighting "visuals" are possible however it is not the same as a true hallucination as it is likely dependent on lighting but i have had crazy stuff happen such as a face in wood grains in low light and things like that from ingesting about 2/3 gram of fairly good headies. so yes i would say "tripping" on pot is possible but it likely is not the same as other substances that cause a "trip" as each substance has its own types of effects. so no "tripping" on weed is not anything like "tripping" on any other drug but yes it can be powerful it is own right. and yes i have to say that my experiences with weed have been extremely enlightening and have opened my mind up to new possiblilities i would have never known of before. now if you see ingesting large amounts of pot as something that interests you have at it but please treat the plant with the respect that it deserves. if you dont respect the ingestable plant it is actually possible to have a "bad trip" from it so please use it intelligently. and importantly it takes about 2 hours and sometimes more to feel the effects and it can be several more hours before you have any idea how intense the "trip" will be so DO NOT TAKE AN ADDITIONAL DOSE. also do not take too much more than you smoke as this can lead to passing out (e.g. dont listen to the people who say to take more than smoking amounts for some strange reason this is erroneous).

Last edited:
weed is psychedelic for sure especially if you have no tolerance to it.

if hash isnt psychedelic nothing is...

no seriously. it cant be stronger than dmt. thats not possible. dmt creates a full blown fantasy reality where your vision is engulfed by visuals completely. weed cant do that, can it?

dna, i have seen mild visuals from ingestion of pot in low light and if light conditions are right for them in brighter light so id say its possible.

artic, you did NUTMEG? How was that? ive heard mixed results. was it fun? to me that sounds pretty god damn stupid. but hey i could be wrong

You can trip on weed, it just requires high doses and you'll have to pull out a whole day out of the calender. I just don't find a high dose cannabis comfortable so I really don't like tripping on it.

But then again, I only enjoy weed on MDMA, for stimulant comedowns and just before I go to bed... I tend to feel the high is felt to much in my body and in the head - if that makes sense.

Last edited:
The first time I ever smoked I had some visual distortions. They're nothing like those of "true" psychedelics but I do concider weed one. Whenever I haven't smoked in ~3-4 weeks getting stoned hits me like a brick and feels way more psychedelic (I also get some visual distortions if I have taken a long break.) than when I was smoking every day. I like this better. ;)

It was probably a really good sativa strain. I've had it before with a certain type of sativa, when your perception becomes impaired and things like that. It can happen on weed. We all have our own unique experiences

What kind of hallucinations have people had? I've had a strong sativa strain before that was very expensive that was indeed psychedelic, but no hallucinations. More like an appreciation for the lights and sounds of the train I was on when it was a dark winter night. People said that they would have hallucinations from smoking cannabis in the 60's but I thought this was primarily due to soaking their skins in PCP?

I only smoke, never eat or vape, but I've had some CEV's at times. Last week I was pretty high at a friend's place, and on the way home I kept seeing people walking in front of me far ahead, but as I drew closer I realized there was no one else the whole length of the street (it was 2am or something like that). Now, it was very dark, but I suppose it was kind of like a hallucination. It actually reminded me of alcoholic hallucinosis (sp?) that can go along with withdrawals, that is to say I'd see things that aren't there at all but that could fit in to the setting.

This experience however, was diametrically opposed to alcoholic hallucinosis in terms of how I felt though. Significantly happier, not surprisingly.