• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tripping on Weed?

Definitely agree that weed can cause psychedelic effects. I've had more 'intense' trip like effects smoking at times than I've had technically tripping.
I remember when I started, I had bizarre things happen all the time that I would find completely absurd if I hadn't witnessed them first hand. Some more easily quantifiable examples include hearing nonexistent carnival sounds and conversations in the back of my head (muffled voices as if heard through a door). I remember while they were happening I hardly believed the plausibility. Lots of phantom cell phone effects too.

And I'm sure many folks have stoned themselves into cartoon world. But overall, the psychedelic effects are less of the show and more of what you 'see' I suppose.

Also the effects of weed are altered for me post psychedelics experiences sometimes. It was really tweaked for a while after I first tried dmt, same goes for cid. It amplifies the reverb.

So i was tripping balls after smoking some weed the other night, people say its BS and you cant 'trip' on weed but that not true at all and they dont know what they are talking about. After doing lsd every time i smoke has been a mild lsd trip for me , i dont abuse weed and only smoke about once or twice a week. I found that lsd has opened my mind and now in my stoned state i can get lsd visuals very easily. Anyone else "tripp" on weed? ;)

I have a friend who basically felt everything she did after shrooms and lsd, even alcohol, reminded her/ could bring her back to a near-trippy state. definitely weed. not sure how much she's done though she even gets to like hearing weird voices when she's alone and kind of twitches its weird.

I totally agree OP. I nearly hate it because iv had bad lsd trips. I almost cant smoke as much as I was able to before.

It is possible to get a psychedelic experience from herb.

I've had them from smoking herb, eating herb, and recently vaporizing herb.

I get psychedelic highs from both Indicas and Sativas when I smoke them but when I smoke a Sativa type herb it's a lot more psychedelic.

I recently got into vaporizing for the first time and I vaped a tiny bit of Indica herb and the high was very psychedelic and cerebral like smoking a Sativa, but I did not see Open Eyed visuals and the only time I did close my eyes was for a few minutes in the shower. I know with vaping you get only THC if you do it right and it does last longer than smoking it does yet it's not like eating herb where if you eat too much you can't move at all.

I've had times that I smoked herb and I did see OEVs and CEVs and it did remind me of a very light shroom trip but I knew I was not on mushrooms at all.

I've definitely had psychedelic experiences with weed, particularly sativa strains.

I've also gotten intense OEVs after eating large amounts of weed food. I once hallucinated that there was a grinning Cheshire Cat face overlaying any actual face that I looked at. During the same 'trip', I experienced aural hallucinations so intense that they caused me a great deal of pain, and I ended up vomiting at the peak of these sounds.

After that marijuana-trip, weed and mushrooms would both give me flashbacks to it. This persisted for maybe half a year. I still get mild flashbacks if I smoke a lot of weed while my tolerance is down.

cannabis can certainly be psychedelic. i mean i've never experienced ego death from weed, but theres definitely people who have.

and i found the same effect after trying psychedelics, i can float into trippier headspaces resembling typical psychedelics if the buds just right.

Cannabis is maybe a very mild psychedelic/semipsychedelic/pseudopsychedelic. A true psych would have the ability to melt your ego or be similarly mindshattering. Weed's just a mindfuck. I suppose it can be significantly psychedelic if smoked within 24 hours of an actual trip, and it does seem capable of catalyzing minor "flashbacks" once every blue moon if you've had proper psychedelic experiences before, but all on its own there isn't much psychedelic to it.

Cannabinoids exhibit some psychedelic properties on their own but the fact that you say that:

After doing lsd every time i smoke has been a mild lsd trip for me

suggests that you may be experiencing a mild form of HPPD, the visual qualities of which are only brought out while under the influence of cannabis. This is fairly uncommon, but by no means unheard of; in fact, I'm sure that several members on Bluelight have experienced symptoms similar to this, myself included. After a four-day psychedelic binge last year, there was a period in which consuming a moderate to large amount of weed would produce substantial visual effects for me, although this effect passed after a few weeks.

I suspect that it is temporary for you as well, especially if you continue to smoke cannabis (and accordingly, continue to increase your tolerance), while also continuing to abstain from the use of serotonergic psychedelics such as LSD.

So i was tripping balls after smoking some weed the other night, people say its BS and you cant 'trip' on weed but that not true at all and they dont know what they are talking about. After doing lsd every time i smoke has been a mild lsd trip for me , i dont abuse weed and only smoke about once or twice a week. I found that lsd has opened my mind and now in my stoned state i can get lsd visuals very easily. Anyone else "tripp" on weed? ;)

I see patterns all over whenever I'm stoned, or high on anything other than Alcohol.

I know it happens for me. Almost every time I get high there are definite CEVs, faint as they might be.

But I know people who have gotten psychedelic effects without ever having tripped on anything else beforehand.

during my first experiences with weed my imagination was immense and fucked up (in a good way). definitely does have psychedelic aspects to it

..... you may be experiencing a mild form of HPPD, the visual qualities of which are only brought out while under the influence of cannabis. This is fairly uncommon, but by no means unheard of; in fact, I'm sure that several members on Bluelight have experienced symptoms similar to this, myself included. After a four-day psychedelic binge last year, there was a period in which consuming a moderate to large amount of weed would produce substantial visual effects for me, although this effect passed after a few weeks.

Technically it isn't HPPD if it is brought on by usage of other drugs.

My opinion on the matter is that cannabis (and synthetic cannabinoids) have somewhat dose-dependent visual effects regardless of the user's experience with other drugs. However, I do think that having tripped on a traditional psychedelic makes such effects easier to notice, and probably makes the user more likely to notice such effects. Again, just my opinion.

weed is WAY more mentaly psychadellic than any psych i have taken
i have smoked through grams of dmt
taking 10stips of lsd
200mg 2c-p(overdose) and was still more mentaly confortible
gone through zips of shrooms

i Dont smoke weed because of this, i can not interact with anyone i get extreamly parinoid .
when i was little i could smoke weed and it barley effected me but now its just crazy how much it effects me

:the only psych that has been more uncomfortible for me is after my first salvia breakthroug.

After tripping on traditional psychedelics, I think I notice the psychedelic qualities of weed a little bit more, and think about how it is affecting me more.

But even in the early days before tripping, weed definitely brought about emotional, mental and visual changes in the way tripping does. For me it seems like tripping is what smoking weed used to be like.

Weed can be very ,very , very psychedelic.

If you eat or drink it, it is easier to get to such a level, but even smoking it can work.

Once, my friend gave me something called "honey oil".
I smoked one hit of it and was gone...
I was rolling around on the floor, following winding staircases of thought without any recollection of the past or concept of the future...
Two hours later, I returned to the level of being incredibly stoned.

Later, I have had similar experiences smoking strong weed (e.g. from Amsterdam) when I wasn't used to smoking.
At times, it was so psychedelic and so strong that I could barely handle it.

Even before ever doing psychs, I would see very minor visual patterns in my vision. After doing psychs a few times they became slightly more prominent, but not by much. I'd say weed is a bit of a psychedelic.

Recently, after being up doing mdma and speed all night, my heart was racing so I did a little bump of ketamine to try and calm myself down or whatever. I had pretty much come down from the m at this point. Anyway, I smoked a bowl and got super high, got paranoid, started freaking out even more and my heart rate went way up. I nearly fainted, lol. After going out for a breather and then laying down to calm down, I looked at the walls and noticed some pretty obvious fractal patterns appearing on the walls. I don't know if it was the weed or just a combo of sleep deprivation and the last remnants of the m in my system, but it was interesting, to say the least.