View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on shrooms with the parents home? First time

Firth

Bluelighter
Is this a good idea or not? They would be asleep at the time. I'd be almost down from the trip and in bed when people start getting up.Using alone. 1.6-1.8g thereabouts.

Only psychedelic experience is DMT which I've smoked alone no problem, bad trip once but I could handle it; not a problem, just talked to people and relaxed.

Terrible idea, you'll most likely be paranoid and have a bad time. Save the shrooms for a better occasion.

Not recommended. Psychedelics can really amplify thoughts that are in the back of your mind, and you don't want to keep thinking about whether your parents can hear you or if you're going to get caught.

On the other hand, many have tried and succeeded at stealth tripping. A lot depends on the situation. How bad would it be if you got caught, etc. the dose you mention is reasonable enough.

Overall, I say be patient and wait for a situation in which you can really feel comfortable to let loose and roam free. Psychedelic experiences are highly dependent on the environment since they alter perception dramatically. Even if nothing bad happens, a mediocre setting can make for a mediocre trip, which is almost just as tragic :p

Would be in silence most of the time, sat with my headphones on listening to music, maybe drawing. If my parents found out they would tell me "All drugs are stupid and so are you" then probably give me a lecture the next day. Nothing major.

Chances are I wouldn't get the opportunity to use them when no-one is around, it's very rare I get the house to myself, and when I do would have to fit this into my work routine which would make tripping near impossible. Just sods law for me.

I have my cousin staying with me next week, I could maybe use my shrooms then with the parents home, I could make noise and assure myself that it's just because family is staying. Film on quiet. Star Wars or something.

I used to smoke weed every day with them home, no issue, amphetamines, MDMA, ket most recently, I just avoid everyone.

Very bad idea. On my third trip, I did this with 2 good friends. Once we started tripping we wanted to go outside, so we went downstairs and people were still up... the resulting trip was horrific, my worst ever. Just wait til you can do it without your parents around, in a safe environment. Regardless of your rationalizations about it now, the likelihood of it going wrong is very high. Maybe it will be fine, but most likely it won't, especially for your first time. Please just don't do this.

Even though I will be in my room the whole time and I know that no-one ever comes up? No one will be awake also, all in bed, no chance of them getting up.

It could wait until a better time though, shrooms are ground and in capsules so should stay safe.

Would be in silence most of the time, sat with my headphones on listening to music, maybe drawing. If my parents found out they would tell me "All drugs are stupid and so are you" then probably give me a lecture the next day. Nothing major.

Chances are I wouldn't get the opportunity to use them when no-one is around, it's very rare I get the house to myself, and when I do would have to fit this into my work routine which would make tripping near impossible. Just sods law for me.

I have my cousin staying with me next week, I could maybe use my shrooms then with the parents home, I could make noise and assure myself that it's just because family is staying. Film on quiet. Star Wars or something.

I used to smoke weed every day with them home, no issue, amphetamines, MDMA, ket most recently, I just avoid everyone.

I sympathize with your situation, but I still think a harm reduction website cannot in good conscience agree that it's a good idea. Is there any peaceful expanse of nature available to you? Any friends with the house to themselves anytime soon that might be OK hosting the trip? Anything at all where you can be away? If there really is no other option, you need to understand that psychedelic drugs are a whole different beast than the ones you mention having used in your house already.

The thing you want to keep in mind is that association development with these drugs is a real issue. If you get caught or have a first trip on mushrooms that is infected with paranoia about being caught, there's a good chance those associations will stay with you in future trips. Think about your drug-future, man!

Tripping in a near-by forest may be possible however someone had said to me it may not be the best of ideas for the first time because of the potential body load with mushrooms; I'd be better indoors, so I have somewhere warm and comfortable, so I can go out if I please, but won't be too far from the house.

I find outdoor tripping, especially on mushrooms, to have much less bodyload and be much easier to handle. Of course there is the factor of being in a less safe environment. However I will never do mushrooms indoors again, I dislike the experience, but outdoors it's magic. Mushrooms are SO MUCH about nature and our place in it, being inside feels like it blocks much of the experience and the magic.

All that said, my first trip was on mushrooms, they were very potent, and I took 1.75 grams. I had the most beautiful, paradigm shifting experience of my life, a +4 my first time, and all was beautiful... and it was inside. But it was with friends in a dorm room, not in my parents' house while I was trying to be quiet and undetected.

I don't know, at that dose there's a good chance you'll be fine at home, but the possibility for extreme anxiety is very real and shouldn't be discounted. I still recommend against it. Every trip is different, and anything can happen.

Tripping in a near-by forest may be possible however someone had said to me it may not be the best of ideas for the first time because of the potential body load with mushrooms; I'd be better indoors, so I have somewhere warm and comfortable, so I can go out if I please, but won't be too far from the house.

This is a good idea...out on nature.

I find outdoor tripping, especially on mushrooms, to have much less bodyload and be much easier to handle. Of course there is the factor of being in a less safe environment. However I will never do mushrooms indoors again, I dislike the experience, but outdoors it's magic.

All that said, my first trip was on mushrooms, they were very potent, and I took 1.75 grams. I had the most beautiful, paradigm shifting experience of my life, a +4 my first time, and all was beautiful... and it was inside. But it was with friends in a dorm room, not in my parents' house while I was trying to be quiet and undetected.

I don't know, at that dose there's a good chance you'll be fine at home, but the possibility for extreme anxiety is very real and shouldn't be discounted. I still recommend against it. Every trip is different, and anything can happen.

Yeah I've been taking all of this into consideration, I've considered maybe dropping the dose to 1-1.2 if I go ahead, just to get a feel for the drug, I'm told that this sort of dose should be pretty easy to handle and I should get some visuals mostly CEV.

Next week with my cousin would be a better opportunity, then I would have someone to talk to about the experience and such, so I may just leave it until then. He would be sober, but completely understands drug use & has nothing against it, knows I use drugs.

That sounds like a good plan man, and it's quite soon too. :) It's good to have someone else there you are close with and can trust, because sometimes you want to talk about what you're experiencing, and if you start to get agitated or anxious, it can really help to have a sober sitter there to help you out and help you realize you're fine. Mushrooms can be very volatile (though at 1-1.2 grams you should not have troubles), and they last 4 or 5 hours, so if you get freaked out, it's a lot harder to handle than getting freaked out on smoked DMT because it goes on for much, much longer. I'd say with your cousin present, in a safe environment where you don't have to try to hide anything, your original dosage would be fine too, but it never hurts to jump in to the shallow end to start.

Yeah I will leave it until then, I won't need to go out in the morning either, not something I fancy after having a couple of hours sleep because I've been tripping even if just brief, I imagine my mind could be a bit scattered.

He may even try a small dose with me.

I ran home the first time I ate shrooms and woke my parents up to tell them I was tripping balls.

That didnt end well. I would highly suggest being far away.

Psilocybin is meant to be experienced outdoors. Tripping alone in a house with your parents sounds like a great way to have a bad time. I think tripping with your cousin is probably a better idea, too.

Definitely wait until you can get outdoors in nature, I guarantee you the wait is worth it.

I can say I've done the same thing and had the best night of my life.. Just know what your getting in to and you can't go back!

Don't do it brother unless ur parents leave u be in ur room, just tryin to help my man... It'll be impossible to hide and paranoia will set in

The first time you *really* trip you may end up doing unexpected things like standing 2 inches from an HDTV and start trying to count the pixels. Your parents would probably notice this.

Save your first time for when they aren't there.

Tom