• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Tried MDMA for the first time and fell in love.

Hey everyone I’m sad to report that I had loss my self control during the last weeks of November and I’m currently suffering from brain zaps but oddly enough not any mdma blues. I’ve done the stupid shit I’d said I’d avoid and fucked around and went on a 7 day bender avg dose of 250mg a day including redoses. At the moment the only thing LTC effects I’ve recognized are the brain zaps which are annoying as fuck at the very worst of which is when these brain zaps stack on each other consecutively like a cluster bomb lasting maybe 3 seconds at most, really does slow down my thoughts as I attempt to recover and when I’m talking to someone and these zaps happen I’ll attempt my best to not interrupt the flow of speech and continue to talk while they are happening.

Let this be a lesson/warning for the new comers ain’t nobody immune to these LTC effects from abuse of mdma/disrespecting.

I don’t believe I’ve lost the magic but shit time will tell.

Honestly I wouldn't do more than 1 MAYBE 2 days on a weekend otherwise things tend to get rough
Yes I’d tend to agree with that assessment, but at least for me I would have to say two days are okay mainly because I would have the same experience as G_Chem when they were experimenting with 2 day back to back as in the 2nd day having a more intense experience that a single day experience wouldn’t be able to achieve.

Quick edit: I’m just very grateful that I haven’t experienced extreme depression because if I did I probably would’ve unalive myself at that point tbh

The fact you are feeling only brain zaps from that type of binge is hopefully a sign you didn’t fry yourself. But like I said, multi day use can definitely lead to bad habits. Also people don’t often have the self control to still only keep it to 4-6 times a year. (So 2-3 2day seshs, they go by quick.)

Take a year or more off and just enjoy life. Ask yourself why you felt the need to roll a week straight, dig deep and learn from it.

-GC

The fact you are feeling only brain zaps from that type of binge is hopefully a sign you didn’t fry yourself. But like I said, multi day use can definitely lead to bad habits. Also people don’t often have the self control to still only keep it to 4-6 times a year. (So 2-3 2day seshs, they go by quick.)

Take a year or more off and just enjoy life. Ask yourself why you felt the need to roll a week straight, dig deep and learn from it.

-GC

I think it was a combination of reasons, from financial stress to longing for the simpler times from when I was younger and couldn’t wait to get older, and maybe loneliness.

I’m grateful it not much worst, cause honestly that 7 day binge was the longest of which I used mdma, but wasn’t necessarily the only time I’ve used after that 7 day binge I stopped for roughly 4 days before going back to a 3 day binge all roughly the same dose(250) definitely went through at least 2.5g if not a little bit more in those last weeks of November. I’m not trying to brag about oh look at me I want this to be more of a cautionary tale as these brain zaps are no joke. I’d wish more researchers in the pharmaceutical/neuroscience field could commit more time into researching the brain zap phenomena, as to my understanding that anti depressant medication can cause these zaps as well when discontinuing use.

In all seriousness thank you for thoughts on this G_Chem your knowledge and experience is incredible and my dumbass was stupid to ignore some of it in the beginning. One thing I did follow was trying my best avoid a total dose over 250mg but there was a few time where I probably totaled closer to 325mg

I think I should probably get rid of the remaining or just vac seal it and give it to friend to hold for me till next year it will be hard to resist using again as/if I get better from the zaps.

Some lesson are unfortunately learned the hard way as these zaps definitely do interfere as I attempt to go to sleep.

I’m just hoping that as more time passes from the last use that there isn’t going to be more symptoms of a potentially fried brain appearing, as I’m not sure if these LTC symptoms manifest overtime.

The brain zaps are difficult to study, we would need a method to study them. Would we do it in humans or animals? How do we know when a mouse is having brain zaps? How do we see what is happening in the human brain when they tell us they're experiencing brain zaps? I think you're right that these things are worth pursuing, but the difficulty of studying psychological phenomena is incredibly high, its why the field has mostly sucked ass

I think it was a combination of reasons, from financial stress to longing for the simpler times from when I was younger and couldn’t wait to get older, and maybe loneliness.

I’m grateful it not much worst, cause honestly that 7 day binge was the longest of which I used mdma, but wasn’t necessarily the only time I’ve used after that 7 day binge I stopped for roughly 4 days before going back to a 3 day binge all roughly the same dose(250) definitely went through at least 2.5g if not a little bit more in those last weeks of November. I’m not trying to brag about oh look at me I want this to be more of a cautionary tale as these brain zaps are no joke. I’d wish more researchers in the pharmaceutical/neuroscience field could commit more time into researching the brain zap phenomena, as to my understanding that anti depressant medication can cause these zaps as well when discontinuing use.

In all seriousness thank you for thoughts on this G_Chem your knowledge and experience is incredible and my dumbass was stupid to ignore some of it in the beginning. One thing I did follow was trying my best avoid a total dose over 250mg but there was a few time where I probably totaled closer to 325mg

I think I should probably get rid of the remaining or just vac seal it and give it to friend to hold for me till next year it will be hard to resist using again as/if I get better from the zaps.

Some lesson are unfortunately learned the hard way as these zaps definitely do interfere as I attempt to go to sleep.

I’m just hoping that as more time passes from the last use that there isn’t going to be more symptoms of a potentially fried brain appearing, as I’m not sure if these LTC symptoms manifest overtime.

No problem man and we all gotta learn in our own way. I highly recommend the “give it to your friend” idea. I did that with cocaine earlier this year and it worked well, cuz that’s my drug which I can’t put down once I start. Just make sure it’s someone who you highly respect and trust.

How long ago was your last use? I can almost guarantee what you’re feeling now is the worst of it. The brain zaps will fade in time, and long as you take a nice break you may come out of this rather unscathed but obviously don’t push your luck.

-GC

Good MDMA is pure bliss.

Always space it out or you will ruin the magic, not to mention the depression.

I try and never do it more than once a month. (sometimes longer if I can).

But when I do it I make sure I do lots of it.

No problem man and we all gotta learn in our own way. I highly recommend the “give it to your friend” idea. I did that with cocaine earlier this year and it worked well, cuz that’s my drug which I can’t put down once I start. Just make sure it’s someone who you highly respect and trust.

How long ago was your last use? I can almost guarantee what you’re feeling now is the worst of it. The brain zaps will fade in time, and long as you take a nice break you may come out of this rather unscathed but obviously don’t push your luck.

-GC

Luckily I have friend that doesn’t really partake in hard drugs all that often will give it to them instead of flushing it.

And man cocaine is pretty great too lol but for whatever reason when I’m doing blow I can get myself to stop using it lol but with mdma that was hard. And I’ve used cocaine before my mdma use and seriously mdma is what cocaine sounded like it was going to be before I’ve used cocaine.

One rule of thumb I made for myself in regards to coke is if it’s free then sure I’ll partake, once you start paying for it that when it gets harder to stop imo

My last use of mdma was on December 6 on my friend’s birthday.

The fucking cluster bomb effect of these zaps is probably my biggest concern about them.

The brain zaps are difficult to study, we would need a method to study them. Would we do it in humans or animals? How do we know when a mouse is having brain zaps? How do we see what is happening in the human brain when they tell us they're experiencing brain zaps? I think you're right that these things are worth pursuing, but the difficulty of studying psychological phenomena is incredibly high, its why the field has mostly sucked ass

Huh yes I haven’t thought of it like that makes sense to me.

I’ve always wonder when I’m in middle of a conversation and these brain zaps happen if I make face or if it’s noticeable other then maybe a slight pause in speech

Glad to report that the brain zaps have subsided substantially still here and there but unlike before, at the moment the most prominent symptoms I’ve experience seems to be tinnitus which I’ve always have but it’s more pronounced then usual. But since I’ve had it before it’s easy for me to ignore.

Hey I’ve been thinking about making this thread for a while. I’ve first tried MDMA about two weeks ago on a Sunday night into Monday.
The mdma I reckon was pure with impurities due to the purple coloring of the crystals it came from a producer iirc as a sample with some crystals being clear.

my initial dose was 30ish mg then I redosed with 40mg then 20mg within two hours of initial dose.
It was amazing felt great music was cool. Woke up the next morning no comedown just a general afterglow and feeling like a new person! Which was good for me as I believe I suffer from depression(not clinically diagnosed).

My history is quite crazy in retrospect I have smoked weed since 13 yrs of age had my first psychedelic experience with 25i-NBome (the worst trip in my life, I don’t remember much other then the come up/unconscious/looping) at 15, that trip definitely caused me to have HPPD which honestly doesn’t bother me, then went on a year binge off of Xanax presses literally don’t remember anything from that.(Had a parent pass away) A whole year I don’t recall at all. Tried ket around 18 didn’t like it really. Smoked weed throughout this period.

Back on track, after the initial experience of mdma I ended up popping more Molly the same week as the first time on Thursday night into Friday dosed 120mg + redose of 50-80mg + another 30mg this ended up with me bingeing the whole weekend into Monday of the following week on avg initial dose of 140mg + 2 50-80mg redoses every hour and half. Each time after I have felt no comedown what so ever which was probably the reason I continued through the weekend nights so basically back to back for 4 nights no breaks and I haven’t felt a comedown yet I ultimately decided on that Monday to stop and I did it’s been more then a week since the last dose and I feel fucking amazing still, more motivated, know what I want. I do feel some forgetfulness like for example forgetting where my key are but nothing crazy that would affect work performance.

I don’t want other to think this might be a sign for them to back to back dose as I’ve read enough threads to see it’s actually crazy thinking. So DON’T DO IT.

This experience I feel like kind of cured my depression or something. And I’ve been thinking of trying it again this week without the binging, I have been just taking vitamin c and drinking water.

I’m not sure if I should just wait longer or just never touch this again.

Edit: wanted to clarify these trips where done at home not a club or party environment

Also more about the experiences I will say either Friday-Saturday night or Saturday to Sunday was the most euphoric listening to music and watching microdose vr videos and man classical music was amazing especially Ludovico Einaudi - Experience composition pure euphoria when listening to that song. Sunday - Monday morning was a less intense trip. The dosages stayed about the same between the days.
Methinks it wasn't MDMA.

Based on the dosing you described, on the second/third day you would barely get any effects. Not to mention dosing every hour and a half.

Seems more likely to be a substituted Methacathinone. Those are known to cause binge redosing that continues the effects.

MDMA (real) tapers of at 6-8 hours even if you redose. If you continue, you just get cracked out and jittery.

Methinks it wasn't MDMA.

Based on the dosing you described, on the second/third day you would barely get any effects. Not to mention dosing every hour and a half.

Seems more likely to be a substituted Methacathinone. Those are known to cause binge redosing that continues the effects.

MDMA (real) tapers of at 6-8 hours even if you redose. If you continue, you just get cracked out and jittery.

It wasn’t no sleep in between those rolls. I’ve slept after I started feeling the comedown where the effect started to fade. Basically between those days I’ve rolled it was at least 12 hours later after the previous roll.

The redosing was more like 1.5 hours after initial dose and maybe if I was feeling it I would redose again 2hour after inital redose.

But once the main effects fade I wouldn’t redose again because as u said it’s pointless and a waste

Hello bluelight so I’ve stopped with my mdma intake since December of last year, but funny enough more recently I’ve experienced eye wobbles when listening to music especially when certain frequencies of bass or treble producing a more significant effect, but I can still focus my vision on demand while my eyes are wobbling.

I just find this kinda intriguing because I’m not taking any drugs to produce this effect other then maybe weed I guess. But when that bass drops my eyes be wiggling and I catch myself smiling.

I think this maybe a sign of neurological damage but I’m unsure.

Hello bluelight so I’ve stopped with my mdma intake since December of last year, but funny enough more recently I’ve experienced eye wobbles when listening to music especially when certain frequencies of bass or treble producing a more significant effect, but I can still focus my vision on demand while my eyes are wobbling.

I just find this kinda intriguing because I’m not taking any drugs to produce this effect other then maybe weed I guess. But when that bass drops my eyes be wiggling and I catch myself smiling.

I think this maybe a sign of neurological damage but I’m unsure.
This phenomena is well known by many people who have done a lot of MDMA.

Many people including myself when not under any amount of MDMA but listening to tracks that we really got down to in the club or at a rave years ago will feel ourselves start to actually roll.

Eyewiggles, that warmth pushing on your chest as you start to come up.

Of course it never develops into a full-blown role. It's just a tiny nibble at your toes like a little fish when you're at the beach.

This is a well-known phenomenon.

And don't worry about any neurotoxicity there is zero actual physical evidence of neurotoxicity in humans.

Before anybody on the board gets on me about that, the evidence used to support alleged neurotoxicity in humans is downregulation of the SERT binding affinity in prior users of MDMA and there's some evidence that the amount of downregulation is directly proportional to cumulative lifetime dose. But nobody wants to admit that the same thing happens to people on SSRI antidepression medication.

Why is it neurotoxic damage if it's MDMA but not if it's celexa?

I think reasonable human beings can figure that answer out for themselves.

In fact, as far as I am aware, they haven't even been able to confirm neurotoxicity in fatalities that involve MDMA.

I'm not saying it absolutely doesn't exist. But what I am saying is it would have been easy to do a little brain biopsy on fatalities that involve MDMA and prove terminal damage at 5-HT and dopamine neurons. But nobody's done it.

Neurotoxicity studies on rats and non-human primates where dose is of 10 mg per kilogram four times a day or more for multiple days in a row are used to extrapolate neurotoxicity to humans which is absolutely ridiculous.

MDMA is in phase 2 clinical trials and they already have evidence that recreational doses instigate the release of BDNF brain derived neurotrophic factor. That is the opposite of neurotoxicity.

As @G_Chem said, in animals, pre-treatment protects against MDMA toxicity and it seems that intermittent small doses do not result necessarily in neurotoxicity.

I can't remember exactly what the break point is, but I would urge you to go read the research. But I want to say it's a cumulative minimum of 20 mg per kilogram per day for a minimum of two days before any significant neurotoxicity is seen.

Do I think that people should go around taking a gram of MDMA over the course of a rave? Absolutely not.

Do I have observable empirical evidence in the human organism that neurotoxicity is absent when doses are less than 500 mg in a day? Pretty much considering I've taken three and four pills over the course of an evening multiple times in my life sometimes on back to back evenings and I didn't suffer any neurotoxicity.

Admittedly, my physiology is likely unique because I never got the Monday blues or the Tuesday blues, I always had it multi-day after glow and never lost the magic.

There was one epic weekend where I found a bag of beans in between couch cushions at a rave in absecon, New Jersey. It was a Thursday or Friday night. It had 60 intact pills and what I assume is the crushed remains of the other 40. Someone's misfortune was mine My brothers, the chicks that we decided to let hang around with us in a few other friends Fun for the rest of the weekend.

I honestly don't know how I made it back home. We were in Atlantic City and then we ended up in Philadelphia where I was rolling into a shower in this really sketchy basement but the tub and shower were immaculate.

And then I remember hallucinating driving south on i-95. I thought I was driving on a bridge in the sky but it was just 495 or 295 through Delaware.

Made it home somehow. That was One of the very few times where I actually felt like I could have really got overboard.

It was a Monday and I didn't feel normal again until Thursday, but I attribute that to the fact that it probably took that long for my body to metabolize and rid itself of all that damn MDMA.

MDMA is a very forgiving drug.

A naive user of MDMA can take 200 mg on their first experience and have a wonderful evening.

Be a naive user and eat 200 mg dose of high quality methamphetamine and see what happens to you over the next 2 days.

It wouldn't even compare.

MDMA is a very forgiving drug.

A naive user of MDMA can take 200 mg on their first experience and have a wonderful evening.

Be a naive user and eat 200 mg dose of high quality methamphetamine and see what happens to you over the next 2 days.

It wouldn't even compare.
Isn't comparing methamphetamine to MDMA like that comparing apples to oranges? Different ED50, different dose response slopes, different clearance. An effective dose of methamphetamine could be said to be 10-20mg while MDMA could be 80-150mg.

In that case taking 200mg MDMA could be (maybe) equated to taking 30mg methamphetamine. Does that sound like quite the horrible time?

Isn't comparing methamphetamine to MDMA like that comparing apples to oranges? Different ED50, different dose response slopes, different clearance. An effective dose of methamphetamine could be said to be 10-20mg while MDMA could be 80-150mg.

In that case taking 200mg MDMA could be (maybe) equated to taking 30mg methamphetamine. Does that sound like quite the horrible time?

The point is 200 mg of MDMA is forgiving.

200 mg of methamphetamine is not.

People don't go around saying to themselves. I think I should take a lot less of this drug because it's equivalent to that one.

No, they say I'll take two points.

And also even that 30 mg of methamphetamine to a naive user. They'll be high for 24 hours and probably not get to sleep for 2 days.

200 mg of MDMA will be a nice fun time for 6 hours and then an Ambien and they're asleep a couple hours after that.