• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Transitioning from daily to occasional use.

If they do contain D9, that's quite impossible. It is the main active compound in cannabis and well known to be psychoactive on its own with a duration of several hours when inhaled.

Why would inhaled D9 THC get us high for just 5 minutes? How would that work? The only way it could work like that is if the dose is so miniscule that you're only above perceivable threshold for 5 minutes. Are you saying the carts are weak? Don't they have standardized doses in them? Are they too weak for the price?

I've never tried carts myself. I can only get them illegally and they do seem overpriced here. Besides, i don't like vaping enough to get a vape.
Yeah, it is impossible. It's THC and it lasts as long as inhaled THC will last, around 2 hours. But you're talking to a wall at this point so I'd let it be lol. He's never had a good cart, all there is to it

How is he "promoting" carts if he never said they were better? I don't see how that's comparable to the edibles guy. He's just pointing out some facts about the carts

I harbor no hard feelings toward you or Mr. Krinkle either. I just came here to point out that you seem to be promoting the high of carts even though you admit to having never tried them.

Kind of reminds me of the other thread in DC where this guy was preaching edibles > smoking herb even though he had never smoked before :ROFLMAO:

that's it

like i don't wanna argue about it - im just sayin what i think, and i think carts are of lesser quality and of a lower octane

the high definiltey feels like it's missing something

what exactly something that is, idk - im not trying to convince you all, scientifically, of my brain superiority or anything along those lines

im just saying - based on experience, and some of what i know, since ya know, ive been growing for 15+ years, smoking for idk 35 years now? so ive been in this thing a long time, so i kinda do have a clue of what im talking about, even if you don't think i do :)

so yea

smoke what you like - don't be insulted by anything i think - im still just another idiot with an opinion

i still love you all the same

even if you like smoking mids

:shrug:

Not to keep this going, but I wanted to chime in on the cart thing. For me, all cannabis extract gives a one-dimensional buzz, even the live resins/high terpene extracts. More pronounced with carts because I can't suck down a whole chunk in one go. With flower, I get more of a rounded high--eyes red, tired, etc, with a haze that hangs around for a few hours. On wax, it's a bit racier, like high dose THC usually is, but without the softness of bud. I can take repeated dabs without feeling the tingly-faced stoney feeling, but a big rip of bud will do it. The wax is definitely much less stoney, almost feels like the peak of an edible high, but the difference is much, much less pronounced when my tolerance is low.

I guess whatever stuff my disp has must be unusual then, because it feels identical to flower for me, and I've smoked the best there is.
I won't deny that some have been weaker though and I'm certainly not saying there aren't crappy ones out there. Maybe even most of them are nowhere near good bud. I usually don't get carts. I've just not been wanting to smoke because I've had sinusitis really bad and each time I tried to smoke I was hit with an awful headache. I have a follow-up with my ENT end of the month to decide on surgery.

Anyway the ones I have now have all the heaviness I would get from a good strain of weed. And one I had last summer when I went out to Nebraska was also just like flower, but way stronger at the same time. This one must have been unusual, it was way stronger than the ones I've got now. I'd rip it for 5-10 seconds and be so insanely baked off my gourd, and that was with a HEAVY flower tolerance at the time. But did I feel like that from the handful of carts I've smoked, no. Just saying there are good ones out there, even if few.

I've never quit for a significant amount of time intentionally. My dependency on it is mostly medically related but at times it has become a troubling addiction.

If you are able to quit for two months on purpose then you are in a better situation to give advice than I am, OP.

It definitely is an addicting substance, physically and mentally. My mental health took a nosedive after I had to stop due to my sinus issues, resulted in a bunch of G.I issues as well like bloating, acid reflux, stomach cramps. The other night when I picked up a vape pen and puffed on it a bit it felt like returning home. I'd had the worst day of my life mental health wise and at work, and suddenly, none of it mattered. I was just there, in the moment. This is why THC and I will have a lifelong relationship.

Either way though, I've not puffed every night, because after awhile even though I might crave it I've noticed my brain gravitating towards other things, other passions. I know I'll probably end up back into taking bong rips again, but the likelyhood of me ever smoking before bed is extremely low now. I realize after smoking during the day for so long that it was often just to fill a space of "I don't know what to do with my time" and then feel detached from a functioning world. Some people can smoke all day and function, but then again not everyone is as sensitive to THC. Midnight is just perfect, the world is asleep and soon you will be too.

I'm trying to transition at the moment.

Any transition is brutally difficult if you've been using a drug for 10/20+ years.

The longer you do anything - whether it's taking recreational drugs or eating sugary foods - the harder it is to change.

It's much easier to quit.

Changing from smoking weed to vaping took me a couple of years. Now, I am shifting from vaping to edibles/tincture.

I can quit and go without weed, but having it once a week is much more challenging. The reason for this is: weed is a crutch for me. I have developed a strong psychological connection. I use it to escape. I medicate with it.

It's hard to go from medicating real trauma (and/or physical pain) to using something in a purely recreational sense... particularly when your trauma is beyond medicating.

I consume drugs on a daily basis because of a core dysfunction. I can only fix that dysfunction if I stop. I think I need to take a break - and fix up my life - rather than try to transition when I'm miserable... It's too difficult.

Today is my last day with weed. I have transferred my finances to my wife. I have a tiny bit of tincture left, then I'm done. I'm not getting any more.

CBD has been great for the initial withdrawal period and makes it so much easier to quit but staying quit is the hardest part for me.

really happy with your posts pupnik
you are one of the few high lights of my day
keep posting :)

I'm a huge fan of microdosing cannabis flower.

I use various methods of cannabis consumption bit it's always changing.

Tinctures offer me the most medicinal effect as I can create them the way I want and alter if needed.

I use a little silicone pipe with a lid, fill it with flower and just take a hit or two when needed.

Dont get me wrong, occasionally I enjoy getting really high, but it's not often and obviously has some downsides with long term/everyday use.

Try microdosing, works great!

Been smoking bud for 15 years now. I was a heavy toker for about 10 years. Half oz of top shelf I'd burn through in a week by myself.

The best balance I find now is just a few 1 hitters throughout the day. Keeps your tolerance low while still enjoying it daily. 1 solid bong rip puts me into space toking every day. I save the bong for at night and during the day just take a hit off the bowl every few hours

hey puba!
great show!
love that show
reminds me of the alien in the cathedral
wondering if that shit is real
you have so great taste
keep up the good work
you are an ever growing star

Been smoking bud for 15 years now. I was a heavy toker for about 10 years. Half oz of top shelf I'd burn through in a week by myself.

The best balance I find now is just a few 1 hitters throughout the day. Keeps your tolerance low while still enjoying it daily. 1 solid bong rip puts me into space toking every day. I save the bong for at night and during the day just take a hit off the bowl every few hours
This is everyday use not occasionall