• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Transitioning from daily to occasional use.

A morning high on a nice summer morning really is cathartic. I would enjoy them more if I wasn't getting lit at 2am on Summer nights instead lol.
"feelin lit, feelin light, 2am, summer night" I lived by that lyric

man I can't WAIT to start again. Just laying low until my ENT followup late this month since smoking/vaping etc. was flaring up my sinusitis. My quality of life with weed is significantly higher

I definitely still dreamt during my daily smoking period, but the crazy vivid, complex dreams were a lot less common. And I'd more quickly forget lots of them. At the same time, getting high would randomly allow me to remember dreams I had at random points in my life. I'm not really sure why. I go into it a bit above but sometimes when I was really stoned I'd get hit with this surrealistic perception, and then a slap in the face, an image of a dream I had at the age of 10 that I've never remembered until that very moment. Both with dreams and random memories. That's why I think THC gave me a better long term memory.

I feel you though. I had recurring dreams through childhood. Oftentimes the exact same dream but there would be a different colored fog around it, if that makes sense. Maybe it's similar to what you describe.
Nah, no fog. They're pretty vivid and memorable. It's not like I never have those foggy, hard to remember dreams but they're so infrequent that for myself I definitely can't attribute them to cannabis use.

Then again I though it was weird when I learned that most people dream in black and white. Mine are in full, visible spectrum Technicolor.

thanks for the reply. on day 2. been using d9 distitllate for two years now multiple times a day. wanting to get back into a few times a week type of groove,

Nah, no fog. They're pretty vivid and memorable. It's not like I never have those foggy, hard to remember dreams but they're so infrequent that for myself I definitely can't attribute them to cannabis use.

Then again I though it was weird when I learned that most people dream in black and white. Mine are in full, visible spectrum Technicolor.
Huh... Where did you hear this? I've never met anyone who's dreamt in black and white nor have I ever heard of it

Huh... Where did you hear this? I've never met anyone who's dreamt in black and white nor have I ever heard of it
I don't remember now. It was some years ago when I heard that and I've known a few people who dream exclusively in black and white.

According to a NY Times article only 12% of people dream in black and white, so yea it's definitely uncommon. Though I had a particular recurring dream (twice) when I was 7 where colors looked dull but there was a strange fog around everything (first time maroon, second time green). It was just a short dream where I got out of bed, tried to go downstairs and got stuck in place with my attic door coming alive and picking up an old telephone saying "hello?" and then I'd wake up.

Why I'm telling you this I have no idea lol. I was afraid of many doors/closets in my house as a kid because the tops of them looked almost like heads.

keep your stash really small
treat it like it is special and it will treat you the same way.
limit to 1 gram/month

no mass quantities

a single toke in your pristine clean body will send you to the moon.

when i take really long breaks, its always hard to get back in because i just keep getting too uncomfortably high - so im better off smoking more often so i don't get that uncomfortable high
Im hearing this. Last weekend coming towards the end of an admittedly ridiculous 2C-B session (120mg for my final dose, sometimes I just don’t know when enough is enough) I decided to end the night by vaping some weed, forgetting how low my tolerance currently was.

While I didn’t have any nausea or anything like that I did experience total sensory overload immediately after the vape in the form of something resembling tinnitus, more like a low pitched static than a high pitched whine, but it was DEAFENING. Had to take a couple of valium to knock myself out.

The next day I vaped some weed again alongside some 4-HO-MET and experienced the same thing though to a lesser degree (didn’t need benzos this time). I’ve never experienced this before but up until now I had only combined cannabis and psyches with my cannabis tolerance already through the roof. I’m now finding that I need to be a lot more careful with it.
a single toke in your pristine clean body will send you to the moon
You are not wrong. I’m not too worried about having a large stash. I kept my stash the entire time I was abstaining, was never tempted to dip into it. I still have 5grams or so of bud and an ounce of shake so I expect those will last me a while. I’m only going to be vaping on the weekends for the foreseeable future so I doubt I’ll see any significant tolerance growth like I did when I was a daily user.

On day 4 or 5 stll not getting proper sleep. Waking up after 3 hours or so each night. Been thinking about using it tonight. Would that hurt my tolerance drop?

Fuck i dont know how you guys do that. I would be in constant withdrawals and unable to ever sleep. It's 1.4 grams a day or nothing for me. Power to you though , nice work. :)
Willpower. I barely slept for three weeks while getting used to the effects of Dextroamphetamine which I had just started taking again (prescribed). It was not a pleasant three weeks (understatement of the century btw), but because I powered through I’m now able to sleep without cannabis for the first time in years. In fact, as this was the first prolonged break from cannabis i had taken since stopping drinking a couple of years ago, it would be more accurate to say this is the first time I’ve been able to sleep unassisted since my late teens (I’m now in my early thirties) so it was definitely worth it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah nah, iv'e done it a few times. I meant when people use it every few days. If i did that i would be constantally unable to sleep and going through withdrawals. Mind you i did smoke mine with tobbaco though.
Ah I understand. That is a concern of mine. I’m going to try and keep it to once a week and hopefully that wont be an issue. I smoked for 3 days in a row the weekend before last alongside a 2C-B binge and couldn’t sleep for a few days after but I’m not planning on making that a habit.

I also don’t know if the subsequent insomnia was because I’d knocked myself out with weed or because I’d ruined my sleep pattern by staying up all night taking 2C-B (and some 4-HO-MET to cap things off on the last day). Little column A little column B I suppose.

what do you mean ruin your sleep? I ended up smoking again last night, 3 puffs. Slept 6 1/2 hours. Going to stop again today. Hopefully I can last a little longer and continue to drop down

The key to successfully managing your cannabis use to just occasional is to initially reach a low tolerance in the first place, if not the body will be expecting its daily nugs and when it doesnt get them (not everyone) most people would begin to experience one or more symptoms of breaking the habitual use of cannabis like Insomnia, Mood swings, Depression, Lack of appetite, Sweats and many more.

Once you have reached the lower levels of cannabis in the bloodstream, you can then expect to be able to get much more effect from less than you have been used to. It has taken me many years of cannabis use both on and off (half gram vaping daily use for years to 3 months here of light use then abstinence again for up to 2 years. After this prolonged time of experimenting and experiencing varying doses, effects (and withdrawal) I finally realised (perhaps its an age thing too?) that its best to use it infrequently and maintain a lower tolerance overall.

There are also benefits to having a lower tolerance and using less frequently including: Money saving, reduced irritability and withdrawal-like effects, much easier to go without if you have an important event or something where you require to not have considerable levels of cannabis in your system such as an operation at the hospital or even meeting an estate agent or important person (where you are trying to give off the best impression of yourself, think homeless could be at stake)

When you are young and living at home and able to 'get away' with having much higher amounts and enjoying with friends, then id say go for it only if you accept its going to make life a bit more difficult when you get older (example: going on holiday worrying about scoring/drug laws)
If you are using cannabis on a heavy scale to reduce chronic pain and increasing your quality of life through this tenfold then use what is best for your body (cannabis when vaporised will not be damaging to the body compared to strong synthetic opioids for example)

using it to manage ptsd, but i think ive been abusing it. I doont get really high anymore and the buzz is shortl ived :(

using it to manage ptsd, but i think ive been abusing it. I doont get really high anymore and the buzz is shortl ived :(

well yea....that's part of it...it's something you can abuse and not pay too dearly for

the irritablability thing going on for the first 2 days and then the sleep thing for about 5 to 7 days is about as bad as it gets for me.... all minor inconveniences to me after going through it so many times

i developed a slight beer drinking habit, and when i broke that, the same thing happened - like i felt like i remained in REM sleep the entire night for a few nights....

other than that, that's really the extent of my non-tobacco/caffeine drug withdrawal knowledge

but anyway - yea stop smoking those D9 carts - that's why you're not really getting high - that's all crap anyway