• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

swim liked 2 take a 200mg ultram er in the morning and take the 2nd w/o the coating when it was fun time

just accuried a gram of propoxyphene napylsate.

I doubt that will touch me, so I am going to either combine it with some other stuff(400mg codiene most likely), or not do it for quite a long time. nearly 7 grams of aceta is a bit much given my fioricet popping as of late.

A word on the hcl injection I did, I did 2 capsules and at the time an oral dose of 5-6 of them gave me a great high (those days are over...). I think it may have given me a slight buzz, but it was not enough to convince me to use it that way, i popped the rest of the script which produced better results then the vicodin i was also scripted at the time.

to ham-milton, if you are talking about sub + tram dosing that's unfair. but to be honest. darvon is a bit like methadone, but ha s astrange fuzzy irritatio at higher dodses... tram there is something missing... it doesn't feel "right", sort of like how an ex amp user friend of mine says modafinil makes him feel. My gf loves the stuff, and swears by it, but for me it's jsut kind of meh, I'll take it if i have it...

Tramadol is my favorite opiate/opioid next to oxycodone. It's also a more effective and longer lasting painkiller than hydrocodone. This is all personal, though. YMMV.

Love oxy and hydro, bupe has been recently quite pleasent for me (uh, as we speak...)....... but-- hence my user name- I love Tramadol, and I am disgusted to see it mentioned in the same sentance with darvocet. Tisk tisk.

they both suck imo... once you've tried morphine... its hard to go back to tramadol or darvocet... allthough tramadol does have that kinda speey thing to it... and i would keep either in case i ran out....

Take about 10 with the pink coating cut away from the darvocets and you will feel somethin worth it..

^ Thats dangerous; don't do that. Both doses that high of propoxyphene and the acetaminophen it contains are dangerous [I believe the pills have 650mg acetaminophen] Taking 6500mg (10 pills) is definitely not recommended. The max daily recommended dose is 4000mg.

johanneschimpo said:
^ Thats dangerous; don't do that. Both doses that high of propoxyphene and the acetaminophen it contains are dangerous [I believe the pills have 650mg acetaminophen] Taking 6500mg (10 pills) is definitely not recommended. The max daily recommended dose is 4000mg.
Whoops..guess thats why i got nauseous.Just stick with OCs or some other oxycodone product..hydrocodone just doesnt do it for me...ive tried any oxycodone product out..oxycontin,percodan,percocet,oxydose,roxys...the liquid oxy is close but the 80mg oxycontin i fucking love!

Tramadol Is Better Before the tolerance developes. Darvocet has recently been proven to cause heart valve damage

I really like Tramadol. I mean, I can't say I love it or that it is an incredible drug, but for its availability it's great.

I think Tramadol is the perfect "routine" kind of drug. It only works for me when I follow the same routine with it. Taking 150mgs with my coffee on empty stomach, wait an hour and then take 100mgs just before eating a light breakfast with a big cup of grape fruit juice. Then throughout the day I will just pop one pill every few hours, never to go over 400mgs. Some days I feel it wAY more than others. I don't know if what I'm eating has an effect. I also will take 1 or 2 mgs of xanax if I'm not feeling the Tramdol by itself.

I can still feel 130mgs of propoxyphene, it makes me slightly sedated. 400-500mg of Tramadol works for me, it's very stimulating to me and quite a potent opiate high especially if I smoke weed with it. I'd say I prefer Tramadol mainly because I won't take d-propox in higher than theraputic doses because it's said to be toxic (or at least it's metabolite is). I'm not too worried about seizures with Tramadol, I'm hoping the Pregabalin I take will prevent them.

I take opiates everyday in moderate theraputic quantities and once a week in recreational quantities so I've probably got a tolerance.

jasoncrest said:
There are only a few weak Opioids, with all the same weak potency (the potency of Codeine), I can think of 6 of these weak-as-codeine opioids:
-Codeine
-Tramadol
-Propoxyphene
-Ethylmorphine
-Mazindol
-Tilidine

I assume you don't consider DHC being a so called "weak-as-codeine" kinda opioid then..right?

I assume you don't consider DHC being a so called "weak-as-codeine" kinda opioid then..right?

DHC is quite strong and lasts very long in comparison to codeine. A 200mg dose is quite a lot and fatalities have been reported at 300mg. As an analgesic it's in between codeine and morphine. It has claimed 3:1 analgesic strength ratio on a mg to mg comparison with morphine whereas codeine is 10:1.

I was actually suprised with tramadol. I took 5 small pills i found in our cupbord, and was actually expecting to feel nothing but actually got a good happy euporic buzzed that lasted at least 10 hours. I had one expirence with darvocet with apap only took 100mgs darvon in it (1 capsule) felt nothing. I havent tryed enough darvocet and cant comment on this but was actually suprised about the buzz tramadol gave me.

ive taken as many as 14 darvocet before, and lived to tell about it. of course it was weeks before id pop that much aceta again. if i ever do high doses, i always wait a couple weeks to do ti again.

both = epic suck

end of discussion.

and btw ^ ^ fukhead.... lol I love being able to call you fukhead legitimately. :D WTF would you take 14 darvocet!? Thats horrible for your body and would not even give you a high! Dont ever do that to yourself again!

fukhed14 said:
ive taken as many as 14 darvocet before, and lived to tell about it. of course it was weeks before id pop that much aceta again. if i ever do high doses, i always wait a couple weeks to do ti again.

Nevermind the APAP, darvocet itself can cause significant CNS depression. A lot of people die trying to get high off darvocet. We're not proud of you and we DON'T think you're a bad ass. Please remember, this board is about harm reduction.