• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

I tried tramadol for the first time last night and I was quite impressed. I have used oxycodone a handful of times, codeine about a dozen times, heroin once and morphine once but none of these lately and have NO opiate tolerance.

I took 100mg then about 45 minutes later I took another 50mg plus 4 10/500mg codeine/APAP pills I have had lying around for months since my last CWE. Within half an hour of my second dose I was feeling quite nice and relaxed, if I got up and moved around I felt a mild energetic feeling and when I layed down I felt extremely relaxed.

I noted some itchiness when I was laying down and cigarettes while enjoyable were causing noticeable nausea after a couple drags, nothing sipping some cold water couldn't fix.

Overall I noted many effects like that of opiates I had previously tried and given the many accounts I have read bagging out tramadol I was very pleasantly surprised. I gave my little brother (total opiate experience is one time trying oxy) the same dose as me minus the 40mg of codeine and he noted pretty much the exact same effects as me.

I have to say I liked tramadol and its effects last ages as well which is a serious plus, I have never tried darvocet to compare but I just want to say just because a lot of you are dependant and/or tolerant on hard core opiates/opoids doesn't make tramadol shit.

Brand name Tramal caps, right? Weren't they the original caps to ever come out? I couldn't comment on the difference between brands because Tramal is the only brand I know. Good to know that they are the most potent. There is a big difference between the effects of the + and - entantiomers which could account for the differences in effects. The + is more analgesic and the - is the Noradrenalin Reuptake Inhibitor according to 3dchem (I think it was).

I have taken large amounts as well and experienced terrible brain zaps for between 1-3 days afterwards (although the best extreme and intense euphoric 8-12h I've ever experienced was during the start of these zaps combined with HWBR seeds and fent which must have triggered some weird ST response). I take a few drugs that are anti-convulsants (Lyrica, Clonazepam and others) so it's probably why I've been lucky and avoided seizures. I was probably around 240lbs at the time so no doubt that also prevented them at the amounts I took (over 500mg/dose sometimes multiple times/day).

Yes brand name Tramal. That was the most potent tramadol I've tried and I've tried out about 6 or 7 different brands. Also it's worth mention that best roa was sublingual (via large bottle with devilery metod which allows you to squirt about 10mg or so at the time - right under your tongue) Funny thing that you mention brain zaps and fent. I've had extensive tramadol experience, even since I was kid but the time I relapsed back to H and had brain zaps, first few days I was also on fent.

What measures an opiates crappyness level? Its theraputic/medical value vs side effects, or, how much you nod? I consider tramadol to be a very beneficial pharm. Now thank you for warning us of the 400mg a day rule, however, earilier in the post, you boast about 17 x (assuming 50mg) pills of Tramadol . I'm not the BEST at math, but i think thats more than 400mg.
Point is, Tramadol is very pleasant, and a great mood lift / analgesic for some, while for others it is not as effective. You cant just call it crappy.

Buspar you can call crappy.
And Zicam (fights common sold OTC, sold in USA), apparently it permenantly kills your sense of smell.

I'm not boasting, what I did was very very retarded and yeah I've took as much as 1500mg of tram in a day ... But that was after being years on it. (I detoxed from ~2g quality H/day IVed habit with trams and benzos, it was HELL but after about 2-3 weeks I started to stabilize, then I greatly reduced dose (Gradually ofcourse) then went back up so I can feel some of a buzz. All in all tramadol + benzo + toke weed would maintain me well - I would get enough buzz to feel myself and I was functional)

I don't talk about medical/therapeutical value, unless it's ability to take WD's away. I measure crappiness as it's action on opiate tolerant users - If you are doing lots of heroin or similar agonist you won't feel much from trams. But once you make a switch trams can maintain you - although they have lots of side effects, hence the high crappiness rating.

The reason I call them crappy is tons of undesirable effects, the seizure potential, the SNRI properties (I knew it was either SSRI or SNRI, thanks for correcting me below poster) and I've heard that It's pretty harsh on the liver.

Tramadol has SNRI properties with very slight opioid properties. So ya it's sort of like a anti-depressant and it does give abit of a mood lift. I don't get any opioid effects from it at all though really and it doesent feel like a opioid to me. Probably because im so used to taking morphine.

Thanks for correcting me I knew it was either SSRI or SNRI properties that trams have.

Also it's worth noting that popping 50-100mg of tram combined with iv heroin seems to prolong it's effects, at least that was common (mis)conception among junkies in my area. Many would take a tram or two with their shot so they don't wake up in WD tomorrow

As far as Tramadol vs. Darvocet goes. Its Tramadol hands down, darvocet is completely in-active in my experiences. Plus i've even read papers and shit about how darvocet doesn't even provide any pain-relief whatsoever. lol so yeah Darvocet is totally the worst excuse for a painkiller in the pharm world

i would say Tramadol. i can never get any Darvon or any type of water soluble detropropoxyphene, so it's impossible to CWE the stuff, so i would have to go with tramadol. but if there was no APAP with the darvocet, then i would say dextropropoxyohene.

Has anyone had any luck with maximizing tramadol's opiate effect and/or minimizing its SNRI effects by tampering with one's enzymes.

AFAIK, tramadol is converted to O-desmethyltramadol---the opiate metabolite---via CYP2D6. And it's SNRI metabolites are created via CYP3A4. Therefore in theory, one can drink alcohol to induce (2D6) the production of the opiate, and/or drink grapefruit juice to inhibit (3A4) the SNRI metabolites. Either case would result in more opiate metabolite and less SNRI metabolites I'm assuming. Can anyone confirm this?

Would you drink both of these? If not, which one?

Tramadol>Propoxyphene...its pretty simple. Darvocet is the worst drug ever introduced to the market in my opinion

Tramadol over Darvocet ANY DAY! but that said, im one of the only people i know or have met who likes them..my favorites have always been percs, OCs and H and used a friends tramadol only when i couldnt find any first choices of mine, but after awhile i came to really really like it.. it mixes a speed like a effect with an opiate effect (though tramadol are all synthetic and havent ever even been in the same room as an opiate lol) i eat about 20-25 a day of them, 6 for breakfast, and 4 or 5 more later on to keep it going.. they work great with weed..the ones i get are the 50mg ones
Davocet on the other hand suck beyond words. coating or no coating.

Darvocet is bunk, Tramadol is good. Just don't expect a typical opiate high. It's a very unqiue drug that took awhile to grow on me.

Darvocet wasn't even effective for minor pains. It's like a doctor's way of slapping you in the face when they prescribe that crap. Tramadol is only marginally better ime, and specifically better for nerve pain. And I guess it works on minor aches. But it doesn't get me noticeably high.

Exactly.. its a very different pill, but it grew on me as well over a few months where i realized yes you need to take a couple more than you do with say an OC80 of course lol, but once you hit the point with them, everything just feels..really..really good, but not a typical opiate high. But then i have met others who i have given some too and they have become extremely sick (i dont give them to anyone these days) or they just didnt feel anything. which is fine, more for me then :D