• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol vs. Darvocet: Crappy Opioid Showdown!!

malfunkshun said:
ok, maybe tramadol sucks for people who shoot up heroin, but in my experience i'd rather have tramadol than hydrocodone, or even morphine sulphate. tramadol gives a fucking A kick ass euphoria that lasts all day. i've done a shitload of tramadol so i know by god.

darvon can be a GREAT high if you have zero tolerance, but the duration is only about that of hydrocodone, maybe 3 hours. so Tramadol wins hands down. and its not shitty! :)

edit: and i thought propxyphene and darvon were the same. or darvocet. whatever. propoxyphene, the little red caplets, have made me feel like shit before... anxious and wired and sweaty. i just thought it was because they were old or something. they had been in my grandmas cabinet for years.

lmao

tramadol over hydrococdone? are you serious bro? tramadol isnt even a fuckin opiate, to my knowledge. when I had little to zero tolerance, yes, 200 mg of tramadol ,and maybe 150 mg, would have me nodding off feeling great, but four 5 mg vikes or three 7.5's, and a fat ass blunt, would have me in complete BLISS! man oh man, tramadol was always secondary. I cant see how someone could EVER choose tramadol, which isnt even an opiate, and costs 25-50 cents(lol) wholesale, especially if they have a tolerance seeign how hydrocodone is very literally a stronger drug, and a drug that produces a greater effect of euphoria. the duration thing might be somewhat right, but tramadol only lasts for 3-4 hours itself, alteast to my expericnce and to alot of drug explanations on the internet. vicodin only lasts for 2-3 hours, youre right, but those two or three hours are pure bliss, while with tramadol its great, but just not as great as vicodin, infact, after the euphoria subsides from the tramadol I almost feel "depressed", lol, I've never considered thinking about what suicide is seen as and liek t osomeoen who is suicidal, but off of those thurr, I've thought about it before, how they go through with it, ect. hydrocodone just makes you happy, period, and drowzy, I like both.

I think you guys who say you "hate hydocodone" but love "opiates" in general MUST be dign something wrong, if you enjoy opiates, especially codeien, there is nt way you wouldnt love vicodin, I think it might be you guys are mad you can only get tramadol(lol dont bite my head off, it happens alot I've seen it happen too fuckin much, just a theory) and not hydrocodone so you try to convince yourself you dont like it. I do the same with oxycodone but I know I cant outrun my ownself! maybe you guys should try smoking some weed, preferably a fat blunto r a fat joint, after taking say 25-30 mg of vhydrocodone, I would bet this very computer that you would love it and answer as such(loving it) if questioned o na lie detector.

especially since u say you like codeine, theyre basically the same drug, no difference, just hydrocodone is stronger and produces more euphoria.

u stick with that over teh counter shit though, oops lol I mean the tramadol "opiate".

lol j/k, but for real bradda I cant see how you dont like hydrocodone , tis my secodn favorite drug mano, si pedro? unos tvas tres quadros vicodinwe and ay kurumba!

Mo-ez said:
in india though, propoxyhene is as popular as heroin....it has something to do with how indian ppl have less of a certain enzyme in their bodies to breakdown the chemical...funny huh

I never knew that. Did some research and I think that is due to poor functioning of the enzyme CYP2D6. I wish I had that fucked up enzyme :\

I'm kinda surprised to see all the support for Tramadol's "recreational use". During my very early days in using opiates before all the hydro, morphine, and oxy. I was prescribed Tramadol right after a Darvocet script, and experimented with both "recreational" and medical possibilities for each substance.

A 200-300mg dose of Tramadol wouldn't do anything for me, while as 300-500mgs of Propoxyphene would give me a slight, but enjoyable buzz. However, my final conclusion on the recreational use of either of these is, they are as the thread says "crappy" to say the least. Maybe I'm just jealous of anyone that says Tramadol is a "Great long lasting high" and ISN'T lying, but I find it almost hard to even believe so many people are getting "high" off Tramadol given that its such a shitty, weak drug. But I suppose everybody's body reacts differently to all the drugs out there, even the blow hard ones lol.

So. Better. Huh. For me because there is no real recreational use for either one of these. I judged my winner by medical usefulness. And for me, the recommended medical dose with both of these two, did jackshit for my pain. But when using 300+mgs of Propoxyphene, or 150+mgs of tramadol, they both gave me similar pain relief results.

So, with the slight buzz the Propoxyphene gave me on my virgin tolerance, I would pick Darvocet as the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Alkaloidpun said:
tramadol isnt even a fuckin opiate, to my knowledge.

It's not an opiate (because it isn't derived from the poppy plant), it's a synthetic drug that does have mu agonist opioid properties. It also works as a mild SNRI (SSRI/SNRI).
Just because it's not an opiate doesn't mean shit. Methadone and fentanyl aren't opiates either but they work well. I do agree that hydrocodone blows tramadol out of the water, but that's just my personal opinion. Everyone reacts differently.

IMO, Tramadol > Darvocet

I usually have a pretty steady supply of 200mg UltramER, since I get them for free (I don't steal them - just putting that out there, heh). Two or three of those will give me a fairly comfortable buzz as long as my tolerance isn't too high.

Darvocet, on the other hand, has never given me any type of recreational effect. I was prescribed 60 or so a while back and I still have a ton of them, they're good for a headache or back pain, but that's pretty much it for me.

As far as other "weak" opiates, codeine is better than nothing, and I loveee me some hydros. :)

I have a fairly high op tolerance, so as far as either one getting me high, out of the question. Although last time i took tramadol it was waay too much, actually did have a seizure (scared the holy living shit out of my bro), id have to say its better than darvocet.
When your mother knows you're a full blown op junky and she has come up on missing hydros, and still leaves a bottle full of darvocet at home, you know they must be worthless.

Tramadol wins.
Why?
Because I have a huge opiate tolerance, and:
-10 Darvocet would do absolutely nothing.
-10 Tramadol and I would feel something (probably mostly due to the SNRI effects, but still, it wins).
Thats all there is to it.

And it was better before I had a tolerance. Although both of these opioids have inherent dangers that others don't. Interesting...

This is a joke, right? Tramadol, hands-down. Nothing compares to that long-lasting buzz. Darvocet is absolutely worthless.

Tramadol is awesome if you have a real easy job, makes work a breeze. Tramadol beats the shit out of darvs

I'd also like to add I've injected propoxyphene hcl, taken from darvon capsules. I must have done something wrong because It did nothing except burn a lot...

^ That's too bad, I've heard good things about IV propoxyphene. I tried taking darvon sublingually once and it burned my mouth pretty bad. I had to put toothpaste with baking soda in my mouth to take the pain away. I wonder if they do this to prevent abuse or if propoxyphene is just a really acidic drug.

sonic said:
^ That's too bad, I've heard good things about IV propoxyphene. I tried taking darvon sublingually once and it burned my mouth pretty bad. I had to put toothpaste with baking soda in my mouth to take the pain away. I wonder if they do this to prevent abuse or if propoxyphene is just a really acidic drug.

I too have heard this. Would be interested in a trip report.

I think that for a person with zero to low tolerance some propoxyphene can be a good way to waste a few hours - when I didn't have a tolerance they were ok the first couple of times, even more so when that is all you have - I don't know, they were alright

Definately tramadol. I had a different screen name on this site a long time ago. I thik in 2000 or '01, I started a thread about how surprised I was with tramadol - I was an opiate virgin other than a few Lortabs, and took 300 mgs of tramadol over the course of a few hours...I swear I've never had such a good high from an opiate. A lot of that was because I had a low tolerance, but the buzz was amazing and lasted so long. That was the best school day of my 8th grade life haha.

Anyways, when I made that thread, every single person replied with "tramadol is crap, absolutely useless. I ca't beleive anyone actually bothers with the stuff." I mean like 25 people sad that crap. Only two or three folks defended the drug along with me. Here's a secret - those two or three people were probably the only ones to reply that had actually done the drug.

It's good to see people liking some tramadol these days, or at least not hating on it because they heard one wank-off smack addict say its worthless.

Make sure you guys don't mix it with alcohol and other rx's, though, could lead to seizures.

^ Good call. I bet only a quarter of the people replying in this thread have actually tried both of these drugs and can accurately compare them.

I've used both frequently enough- darvocet when my tolerance was lower, tramadol now that it's higher.

Tramadol kicks darvocets fucking ass to the moon. It's a fucking mu2 selective agonist- who the fuck would choose that over something w/ a mu1 selective agonist metabolite and a surprisingly good mood lifting effect from the NE and SE effects.

48-72 hours after my last suboxone dose, I feel a strongish opiate effect. Relaxing and Euphoric and somehow even Stimulating at the same time. That's from 400-600mg.

Oh- and how many people die of tramadol overdoses? Nearly none. Why's that? Because unlike propoxyphene, its opioid metabolite is mu1 selective- and mu2 selectives produce respiratory depression and not much else.

I took 100mg of tramadol and had a tonic clonic seizure - forgive me if I'm biased

I will take soberness over tramadol any day of the week, its not even recreational IMO