• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

I usually buy a box of extended release trams once every two months and it lasts about a week.
I've noticed that after one week of using tramadol, my sex drive takes a serious nosedive for the next two weeks. During this period, have no desire to have sex or masturbate and I can't really maintain an erection with my significant other.

Has this ever happened to you? Is it a known side effect?

I usually buy a box of extended release trams once every two months and it lasts about a week.
I've noticed that after one week of using tramadol, my sex drive takes a serious nosedive for the next two weeks. During this period, have no desire to have sex or masturbate and I can't really maintain an erection with my significant other.

This is a known side effect of all opioids.
And SNRI's, which tramadol also has weak SNRI properties.
Happened to me all the time. But I kind of enjoyed it because I found sex to be meaningless & not something I cared about putting a bunch of effort into. If it happened it happened, if it didn't, I was fine with that & fine with not being distracted by feelings of horny-ness or whatever. It's different for everyone though I guess.

Has this ever happened to

Happened to me all the time. But I kind of enjoyed it because I found sex to be meaningless & not something I cared about putting a bunch of effort into. If it happened it happened, if it didn't, I was fine with that & fine with not being distracted by feelings of horny-ness or whatever. It's different for everyone

In 2012 I had a serious accident & have been on painkillers since, I went through every painkiller there is & finally Tramadol works the best for me, yes on all other painkillers I had that sex drive decrease & lost interest in having sex, but since 2014 I've been on Tramadol & I can honestly say no I don't have that issue with taking Tramadol,

Try installing a stripper pole in your bedroom bud & get creative with your partner, lol,

Ye..trams...been addicted to them 3 years.at daily dose around 200mg daily.bigest daily dose around 500mg..with additional 10mg valium daily.This particular quitt in toxicology for a week detox...have not experience some big physical withdrawl,but psychosomatic effects were long,confusing&tormenting.first week while in med.facility got neuroleptics,lyrica(2-75 mg daily) and for sleep eventually some z drug.felt normal after almost a month-till my terrible insomnia lessen,got no brainzaps,but vivid&very frightful dreams....it was scary somehow...afterbthen(couple years ago) got some pills for weak intake in medium dose...well even after only ten days may be-upon cessation felt very unwell for two-three days...el.shocks at night through my body..etc.....some minor withdrawl symptoms....so ain't got any wish to hook on it again.....but,if i am in withdrawl i would try ease the pain with capsule or two.For me this is a relatively good pain med,but with lots of adverse effect when used with another meds and always would preffer codeine over it

Last edited:
Happened to me all the time. But I kind of enjoyed it because I found sex to be meaningless & not something I cared about putting a bunch of effort into. If it happened it happened, if it didn't, I was fine with that & fine with not being distracted by feelings of horny-ness or whatever. It's different for everyone though I guess.
Not being horny it's a f*** blessing . Why people get so mad about it lmao.

(Athough I can understand it in a sense if one has a steady gf)

Hello!

I would be very happy if you could write about your experiences of how long you couldn't sleep at night after a stronger withdrawal (CT)? How long did it take to get back to normal? Time/Dosage is important. Thank you so much!

Hello!

I would be very happy if you could write about your experiences of how long you couldn't sleep at night after a stronger withdrawal (CT)? How long did it take to get back to normal? Time/Dosage is important. Thank you so much!
I've been on it for almost 10 years - dosage of 400mg. The first withdrawal was awful and happened after a month of daily usage. Then I couldn't sleep at all 2-3 nights and after that poorly about a week. My usage during the years wasn't daily to some point. I simply used it during my amphetamine breaks to prevent cravings and cope with depression - maybe 5 days after 10 days on speed. There was a period(3-4 months) when the pharmacies wouldn't sell it without script and this time my wd wasn't so bad, because I've been on speed for a week before trying to buy tramadol. There weren't any sleep problems, but I've been very depressed until I got speed again.

The strange thing is when the script requirement was removed and I began straight on 400mg daily my tolerance wasn't completely vanished. Sure there were some nice nods the first days, but nothing even close to my first time when I felt awesome after only 100mg.

For the last two years I can't get speed regularly and my tramadol use became daily. I find it very difficult to make tolerance breaks without speed, so every month or so obtain some in order to last at least a week without tramadol. When trying to quit cold turkey the wd isn't so bad as the first time even after more than a month daily 400mg usage. The first few nights I couldn't sleep at all, although I quit all stimulants and take benzos before going to bed. The last time I had enough clonazepam and thought it will help me quit without resorting to speed as usual. However even after 4x2mg taken few hours apart I couldn't fall asleep. Then the day after I went to get tramadol.

So in my experience the first 2-3 nights are the worst, then it gets better, but as I feel depressed even when the withdrawal is over eventually I couldn't last a week without tramadol. Then when I have speed there is no withdrawal at all and after 2 days of binging I'm able to sleep with some benzos and later even every night if I'm not snorting in the evening. Sometimes when I'm out of benzos seroquel does the trick, but I hate it's residual effects. I plan to try it as a final measure when must quit cold turkey some time.

It's interesting, but benzos don't help me sleep when I'm withdrawn. maybe they work for 2-3 days in higher doses.

one time I was awake for 20 days, it was cruel.

I'm 50+ days now and I still sleep like crap at night.

It's interesting, but benzos don't help me sleep when I'm withdrawn. maybe they work for 2-3 days in higher doses.

one time I was awake for 20 days, it was cruel.

I'm 50+ days now and I still sleep like crap at night.
Yea there’s something about tram withdrawal, I can take a lot of benzos during tram withdrawal & still feel pretty wired actually

@DeathIndustrial88 do you know about Tapentaol and how it should be taken, I've never heard of this drug except that it's compared Tramadol, but it's classified in the Benzoid and opiate class of painkillers.

I would appreciate your help or anyone else that can help me.

Thank you.
Tapendol is similar in that it has an SNRI affect, it is a more potent mu receptor agonist wheras tramadol has both a weak SSRI AND SNRI which is what causes the awful withdrawals.

Has anyone taken this drug: 2C-B? I have a pill and I don't know whether to take it if I am taking tramadol. Maybe I take it on a day when I am free of tramadol? What do you think guys?
Probably a bit late given this was posted in 2019 but here is a good article

Carbamazepine seems to be a substrate and inducer of CYP3A4, which is responsible for M2, CYP2D6 is responsible for M1, but doesn't seem to be induced by carbamazepine
NEVER EVER TAKE CARBAMAZEPINE WITH TRAM! I have my own experience and you will experience only huge overload of serotonine.

Tapendol is similar in that it has an SNRI affect, it is a more potent mu receptor agonist wheras tramadol has both a weak SSRI AND SNRI which is what causes the awful withdrawals.
Tramadol is stronger SSRi than tapentadol, weak S.releasing agent, SNRi(Higher the dose more noradrenaline) and tramadol by itself Is very weak opioid, but metabolized into M1 by CYP2D6 which Is longer lasting than tapentadol approximately same potency. Test results showed that

M1(desmethyltramadol) in dose equivalent to morphine dose possess same antinociceptiv effects as morphine.

Tapentadol in dose quivalent to oxycodone dose possess same antinociceptive effects as Oxycodone.

Downsides, Tramadol is benzo necessary if u need high doses, but every opioid-naive person Is fucked from 75mg. Tapentadol lasts shorter, cause delirium-like halucinations and ... actually tram in huge dose was always stronger, like morphine and adderall together but u need benzos if u do it without benzos your will have nasty seizure.

Can you guys recommend a good brand of tramadol? There are so many options. I had success with Jpdol brand in the past but can no longer find these. There are green and yellow ones, pink ones (Citra), adiolol, Mylan, Teva, cheap ones, expensive ones.... Just looking for a consistent well-regarded brand.

Can you guys recommend a good brand of tramadol? There are so many options. I had success with Jpdol brand in the past but can no longer find these. There are green and yellow ones, pink ones (Citra), adiolol, Mylan, Teva, cheap ones, expensive ones.... Just looking for a consistent well-regarded brand.
The Teva white football shaped 50 mg ones are good

Depends on the person really.

Tramadol made me feel like I was in heaven all day, so it was very quick for me to get into using it everyday after trying it out for awhile & then finding out what it was about. I became dependent on tramadol after about 2 months of intermittent use and stayed dependent for about a decade.

1-2 times a week was difficult for me, but it might be different for you. It's hard to say really who will end up with an addiction/dependence and who won't.
When I was 19, I didn't even realize I was addicted to tramadol until it ran out & I had to go to work. I was in a lot agony. If you have a lot of self control or previous experience, you might be able to pull it off.

Ttramadol's metabolite, O-desmethyltramadol is also a full agonist opioid (just like heroin, methadone, etc..). Where as Kratom is only a partial agonist.
So by using tramadol 1-2 a week, you will be increasing your tolerance to kratom. Depending on your metabolism, tramadol could be incredibly potent. I use to nod out on trams just like I did on heroin. So yeah you could easily set yourself up for gaining a stronger dependence. So i'd be careful.

Contrary to popular belief, Tramadol is much stronger than kratom. Tramadol also works as a weak SNRI & can have other withdrawal effects ontop of it because of that.

Tramadol is a wonderful drug, but unless you got constant long term access to it, then it can be real hell & psychologically draining to bounce back n forth with.

My mom however was able to pop 1 tramadol tablet every few weeks & have a good time with it and then forget about it.
She was elderly though & didn't seem interested in going down any path of opioid addiction, so those factors probably made a difference.
Ahh, when I was 19 my friend worked for Wallgreens, don’t know how he did it but would regularly hook me up with 100 bottle of Watson 853 (yellow) I was super naive about the consequences. I’m sure most people here have an analogous story

Shit. I forgot the main thing I wanted to ask in this thread. The tramadol / cyclobenzaprine mix is that bad? At least 10 mg of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril). My damn shoulder feels so tight. I know that cyclobenzaprine is a kind of tricycle antidepressant right?
regarding tramadol and risk factors
Risk factors:

• Dose; generally greater with higher doses (Ref)

• Concurrent medications: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) and other tricyclic compounds (eg, cyclobenzaprine, promethazine), other opioids, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), anorectics, neuroleptics, drugs that reduce the seizure threshold, and/or drugs that impair metabolism of tramadol (eg, CYP2D6 and 3A4 inhibitors)

• CYP2D6 poor metabolizers (Ref)

• History of seizure disorder

• Patients otherwise at risk for seizures (ie, alcohol withdrawal, CNS infections, head trauma)

Hello darlings.

I just want to add a little information about my personál experience with difference between opioids (theyr analgetic properties).

I was taking 200+mg Oxycodone daily for severe acute and chronic pain. It worked, moderately.

Now i take tramadol oral drops 100mg/ml. I am on benzodiazepines and levetiracetam and it perfectly eliminate risk of seizures from high dosage.

I am taking 200mg, few hours after maybe 100, another time 400mg...It is extreme daily dose and i do not recommend it to anyone who do not have acces to anticonvulsants.

So, i just want to say, that tramadol analgetic properties in rapid CYP2D6 metabolizer, are considerably stronger event in lower than approximate equivalent dose of tram:Oxycodone.

If they add some kind of anticonvulsant to the tramadol medications, it would improve it so much, that for good metabolizers it would be very good and strong opioid painkiller and also kind of stimulant/antidepressant.

To compare one opioid (synthetic or natural) you have to compare the each other the Morphine Milligram Equivalence, and not 1:1 mg to mg