• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

My tramadol honeymoon lasted damn near 10 years.

I either cold turkeyed or tapered every month of those 10 years. Never had a seizure when doing cold turkey. But I did feel like I got pretty close to having a seizure when I pushed the tramadol dosage above 500mg. My jaw would clench, teeth would chatter & I'd have little twitches and jerks.

Spreading out your dosages can help reduce seizure risk, as I would imagine it would be more of a risk if you took a big dose at once. It also brings out more of the metabolite like darvocet said.

I'd say it's not worth it to go past the seizure threshold dose honestly.
When I used tramadol, I would start off with about 200-300mg once I'd get my script. Then I'd up to about 400-450mg and would stay there daily until I ran out & then would withdrawal and then wait for my next available script the following month. Tramadol lasted a good 8hrs or more for me, so I only needed to dose once a day. However, some times if it would wear off in the evening, I'd feel a little shitty. But it takes a bit for tolerance to grow with tramadol (as long as that's the only opioid you're using). So I felt good everyday even without pushing the dose up.

Definitely don't mix tramadol with other drugs.
Although I have experience using tramadol on the tail ends of DXM trips & meth binges, but I also had access to benzos at the time in case anything happened. I turned out alright, but it was incredibly dangerous & stupid of me.

I'd still take 400mg of tramadol over 10-20mg of hydrocodone ANY day.

Trams lost their magic after I started doing heroin & eventually buprenorphine. But I have ALOT of nostalgic memories about the times I spent on tramadol all through out my 20's. It was the best drug next heroin that I've ever tried that completely obliterated my depression & self-conscious issues. I was able to work hard & kick ass at my jobs & everything was great when I had that bottle of tramadol. Haven't had it in over a year now, so I dunno what it would do to me now. But damn, buprenorphine does not give me any of the same motivation & happiness that tramadol did.
Good info I'm encouraged to try it again because of you. When I used to take it more recently I wouldn't feel any kind of high but I would be delighted to take two or three days off kratom because it was before I started using the powder I was taking capsules and not realizing that the gelatin of 12 or 14 of those three times a day can glue up your system

Good info I'm encouraged to try it again because of you. When I used to take it more recently I wouldn't feel any kind of high but I would be delighted to take two or three days off kratom because it was before I started using the powder I was taking capsules and not realizing that the gelatin of 12 or 14 of those three times a day can glue up your system
Last time I had tramadol was my 33rd birthday, so over a year ago. They were a birthday present from my mom before she passed.

I don't remember feeling much from them at the time though. Either being on bupe all these years blocked most of the metabolite or something. Idk.
I noticed the fun & magic fading from them the more time I spent on heroin & then bupe unfortunately.

Not only is tramadol an SNRI, but it also releases serotonin. So sometimes when my tolerance to it had been totally reset, those first few days back on it felt almost like being on a mild MDMA with an opioid thrown in. I even got really lovey dovey and empathetic. But then again heroin made me feel the same way. lol

I can remember one night introducing 2 of my neighbors (who I had only known a few weeks) to Mr, Brownstone & after we all snorted a bump, we all felt so good & empathetic that we cuddled. lmao. It was like a scene straight out of Requiem For A Dream or something. I'd die to feel that good again. lol So I'm curious how much of tramadol effects are related to it's other actions versus just it's full agonist metabolite. And I wonder why full agonists like heroin & tramadol give me stimulation & empathy, but shit like buprenorphine just makes me tired & lethargic.

I'm kind of weird though, because speaking of darvocets, I enjoyed those the first time I tried them. Of course I had done a DXM trip the night before, so I'm sure that and tolerance played a big role. I remember they were really big brownish orange-ish colored pills & I think about 2 of them had me nodding & feeling fantastic. They were also long expired, since my friend had taken them from her mom's old stash. But they still worked just fine.
That was the only time I got to try them though.

People shit on propoxyphene all the time, but I'd say my experience on it felt closer to the good stuff than shitty bupe does.
Although I'm aware of it's cardiotoxic metabolite, so long-term use wouldn't be sustainable.

Last time I had tramadol was my 33rd birthday, so over a year ago. They were a birthday present from my mom before she passed.

I don't remember feeling much from them at the time though. Either being on bupe all these years blocked most of the metabolite or something. Idk.
I noticed the fun & magic fading from them the more time I spent on heroin & then bupe unfortunately.

Not only is tramadol an SNRI, but it also releases serotonin. So sometimes when my tolerance to it had been totally reset, those first few days back on it felt almost like being on a mild MDMA with an opioid thrown in. I even got really lovey dovey and empathetic. But then again heroin made me feel the same way. lol

I can remember one night introducing 2 of my neighbors (who I had only known a few weeks) to Mr, Brownstone & after we all snorted a bump, we all felt so good & empathetic that we cuddled. lmao. It was like a scene straight out of Requiem For A Dream or something. I'd die to feel that good again. lol So I'm curious how much of tramadol effects are related to it's other actions versus just it's full agonist metabolite. And I wonder why full agonists like heroin & tramadol give me stimulation & empathy, but shit like buprenorphine just makes me tired & lethargic.

I'm kind of weird though, because speaking of darvocets, I enjoyed those the first time I tried them. Of course I had done a DXM trip the night before, so I'm sure that and tolerance played a big role. I remember they were really big brownish orange-ish colored pills & I think about 2 of them had me nodding & feeling fantastic. They were also long expired, since my friend had taken them from her mom's old stash. But they still worked just fine.
That was the only time I got to try them though.

People shit on propoxyphene all the time, but I'd say my experience on it felt closer to the good stuff than shitty bupe does.
Although I'm aware of it's cardiotoxic metabolite, so long-term use wouldn't be sustainable.

Well it's just my personal opinion but nobody should be taking at least 1st Gen SSRI they're all horrible drugs with vastly more side effects than therapeutic effects.

As for propoxyphene being better than buprenorphine it's probably due to most people's first exposure to the former when they were opioid naive and the latter when they are opioid veterans

obliterated my depression & self-conscious issues.
What do you think about doing Tramadol 1-2 times a week for socialization/going out? Could it become risky that i could become addicted since I like opioid effects a lot ? (I have a kratom addiction and find it hard to quit. )

What do you think about doing Tramadol 1-2 times a week for socialization/going out? Could it become risky that i could become addicted since I like opioid effects a lot ? (I have a kratom addiction and find it hard to quit. )
Depends on the person really.

Tramadol made me feel like I was in heaven all day, so it was very quick for me to get into using it everyday after trying it out for awhile & then finding out what it was about. I became dependent on tramadol after about 2 months of intermittent use and stayed dependent for about a decade.

1-2 times a week was difficult for me, but it might be different for you. It's hard to say really who will end up with an addiction/dependence and who won't.
When I was 19, I didn't even realize I was addicted to tramadol until it ran out & I had to go to work. I was in a lot agony. If you have a lot of self control or previous experience, you might be able to pull it off.

Ttramadol's metabolite, O-desmethyltramadol is also a full agonist opioid (just like heroin, methadone, etc..). Where as Kratom is only a partial agonist.
So by using tramadol 1-2 a week, you will be increasing your tolerance to kratom. Depending on your metabolism, tramadol could be incredibly potent. I use to nod out on trams just like I did on heroin. So yeah you could easily set yourself up for gaining a stronger dependence. So i'd be careful.

Contrary to popular belief, Tramadol is much stronger than kratom. Tramadol also works as a weak SNRI & can have other withdrawal effects ontop of it because of that.

Tramadol is a wonderful drug, but unless you got constant long term access to it, then it can be real hell & psychologically draining to bounce back n forth with.

My mom however was able to pop 1 tramadol tablet every few weeks & have a good time with it and then forget about it.
She was elderly though & didn't seem interested in going down any path of opioid addiction, so those factors probably made a difference.

Last edited:
Depends on the person really.

Tramadol made me feel like I was in heaven all day, so it was very quick for me to get into using it everyday after trying it out for awhile & then finding out what it was about. I became dependent on tramadol after about 2 months of intermittent use and stayed dependent for about a decade.

1-2 times a week was difficult for me, but it might be different for you. It's hard to say really who will end up with an addiction/dependence and who won't.
When I was 19, I didn't even realize I was addicted to tramadol until it ran out & I had to go to work. I was in a lot agony. If you have a lot of self control or previous experience, you might be able to pull it off.

Ttramadol's metabolite, O-desmethyltramadol is also a full agonist opioid (just like heroin, methadone, etc..). Where as Kratom is only a partial agonist.
So by using tramadol 1-2 a week, you will be increasing your tolerance to kratom. Depending on your metabolism, tramadol could be incredibly potent. I use to nod out on trams just like I did on heroin. So yeah you could easily set yourself up for gaining a stronger dependence. So i'd be careful.

Contrary to popular belief, Tramadol is much stronger than kratom. Tramadol also works as a weak SNRI & can have other withdrawal effects ontop of it because of that.

Tramadol is a wonderful drug, but unless you got constant long term access to it, then it can be real hell & psychologically draining to bounce back n forth with.

My mom however was able to pop 1 tramadol tablet every few weeks & have a good time with it and then forget about it.
She was elderly though & didn't seem interested in going down any path of opioid addiction, so those factors probably made a difference.

You mean I would have to take more kratom to feel in homeostasis/prevent WD?

I really don´t care about losing the "highs" of kratom. Im quite tired by now of them tbh. I basically keep doing it because I feel WD if I don´t, and when I quit it passes 2 weeks and I miss the feeling...so I do it and then I get back on daily use again :(

Thanks for the rest of info! Very useful

You mean I would have to take more kratom to feel in homeostasis/prevent WD?

I really don´t care about losing the "highs" of kratom. Im quite tired by now of them tbh. I basically keep doing it because I feel WD if I don´t, and when I quit it passes 2 weeks and I miss the feeling...so I do it and then I get back on daily use again :(

Thanks for the rest of info! Very useful
Yes.

Technically if you're only tolerant to a partial agonist like kratom & then take a full agonist, your receptors will then want the full agonist receptor activation.
So even switching back to kratom, even if you take a higher dose of it, you might still not feel as satisfied as you would on the tramadol. Which means you could have mild withdrawal on the days after using tramadol & having to use kratom.

If you're looking to stay away from opioids, I would definitely recommend not even trying to tip toe the line with tramadol or especially trying to balance a tramadol & kratom habit. Even for being a weak opioid, tramadol can be much stronger & create a stronger dependence than kratom ever can due to kratoms partial agonist nature. Not to say one can't have withdrawals from kratom, but I imagine they would be mild in comparison to tramadol withdrawal (which is hell btw).

And absolutely, no problem! :) Glad I can help!

While everybody here seems to be doing the delicate 400mg dance, I'm taking 150mg extended release Trams straight up, no crushing.
The thing is, I swallowed about 8 yesterday in the morning, then another 5 in the evening. The extended release keeps me out of seizure teritory, but how much is too much?
Does anybody have experience with this ROA?

While everybody here seems to be doing the delicate 400mg dance, I'm taking 150mg extended release Trams straight up, no crushing.
The thing is, I swallowed about 8 yesterday in the morning, then another 5 in the evening. The extended release keeps me out of seizure teritory, but how much is too much?
Does anybody have experience with this ROA?
Taking almost 2g
that's dumb...

Taking almost 2g
that's dumb...
You call people people who open themselves up and ask for advice on this forum dumb? Is this cool? this what's going on on the streets? Calling people dumb.

These are pharma grade, extended relief, big, hard-as-fuck pills that SLOWLY dissolve in your gut for 10-12 hours giving you a continuous dose of tramadol.
2gs over a 10-12 hour period comes down to 165,2 - 195 mgs dissolving every hour into my system.
I see no clear and present danger to my health here.

Care to give me a second opinion, doc?

You call people people who open themselves up and ask for advice on this forum dumb? Is this cool? this what's going on on the streets? Calling people dumb.

These are pharma grade, extended relief, big, hard-as-fuck pills that SLOWLY dissolve in your gut for 10-12 hours giving you a continuous dose of tramadol.
2gs over a 10-12 hour period comes down to 165,2 - 195 mgs dissolving every hour into my system.

Care to give me a second opinion, doc?
I wasn't calling you dumb that would be dumb because I don't know you I'm referring to taking that much regardless of whether it's extended release (and assuming it's real and not fenranyl or diphenhydramine)

The half life isn't going to be linear in such a way, especially with extended release. Tramadol has a half life of 6 hours, and it's main metabolite which is active is 8 hours. You can effectively extend these durations due to it being XR.

I highly suggest not taking so much tramadol, you are putting yourself in danger of both seizures and serotonin syndrome. I highly advise you familiarize yourself with the initial symptoms of serotonin syndrome to be safe, with tramadol in particular people often do not recognize SS and end up taking more to counteract the symptoms of SS, making it even more dangerous.

Taking so much tramadol is at the very least reckless and dangerous. Tramadol is not a typical opioid.

The half life isn't going to be linear in such a way, especially with extended release. Tramadol has a half life of 6 hours, and it's main metabolite which is active is 8 hours. You can effectively extend these durations due to it being XR.

I highly suggest not taking so much tramadol, you are putting yourself in danger of both seizures and serotonin syndrome. I highly advise you familiarize yourself with the initial symptoms of serotonin syndrome to be safe, with tramadol in particular people often do not recognize SS and end up taking more to counteract the symptoms of SS, making it even more dangerous.

Taking so much tramadol is at the very least reckless and dangerous. Tramadol is not a typical opioid.

While I'm very much aware of serotonyn syndrome, I didn't take that into account. So that's a good point, thanks.
Now that I think about it, there might have been some excessive sweating here and there and shades of something close to mdma-like stimulation (the inside of my cheeks are pretty much gnawed raw after 3-4 days of similarily high dosing)

I assumed that most SS episodes happen after combinations of different serotoninergic drugs, which I wasn't doing at the time.

Thanks

I wasn't calling you dumb that would be dumb because I don't know you I'm referring to taking that much regardless of whether it's extended release (and assuming it's real and not fenranyl or diphenhydramine)
You weren't calling me dumb, sure, but you didn't answer my question OR care to elaborate.

What you call dumb may be a calculated risk for someone else. Or, who knows, a call for help.

While I'm very much aware of serotonyn syndrome, I didn't take that into account. So that's a good point, thanks.
Now that I think about it, there might have been some excessive sweating here and there and shades of something close to mdma-like stimulation (the inside of my cheeks are pretty much gnawed raw after 3-4 days of similarily high dosing)

I assumed that most SS episodes happen after combinations of different serotoninergic drugs, which I wasn't doing at the time.

Thanks
Yes, unexpected stimulation may be the beginning of SS. Keep an eye on your heart rate. If you start feeling unusually agitated or anxious, do not take more tramadol to calm down.

SS is typically caused by multiple serotonergic agents, however tramadol is unique in that it is well known to cause it by itself. It's not as uncommon as you might think.

I was helping a guy a few weeks ago who went to the hospital with SS, and he was only taking 400mg/day.

I'd just like to state that the therapeutic limit of tramadol in all medical literature is up to 400mg per day. I have no idea why a doctor would prescribe 1400mg for anyone.

For HR purposes, anything above 400mg is considered unsafe for the average person.

"Standard therapeutic doses are 50 mg orally, 50–100 mg by injection and 100 mg rectally. The total daily dose should not exceed 400 mg. Therapeutic blood levels in adults range from 0.1 to 0.3 mg/L, toxic level was between 1 and 2 mg/L and lethal concentration was usually considered to be higher than 2 mg/L, which suggests that therapeutic, toxic and lethal levels of tramadol were relatively close."

Has anyone had any experience of 5 meo mpit and ODSMT together? Research tells me that they should not interact badly, but I want to hear from people with actual experience.

Generally I only boof about 5mg Mipt but that is plenty to get me fucked up. I get all the fun stuff, but I also get bad anxiety and was hoping Odsmt could alleviate this.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

Has anyone had any experience of 5 meo mpit and ODSMT together? Research tells me that they should not interact badly, but I want to hear from people with actual experience.

Generally I only boof about 5mg Mipt but that is plenty to get me fucked up. I get all the fun stuff, but I also get bad anxiety and was hoping Odsmt could alleviate this.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!
I never tried 5-meo-MiPT, I guess I'm not going to get it either. But it seems to be quite strong, you shouldn't take them together, last weekend I took a ridiculous dose of Nbome at night, during the afternoon I had been taking tramadol, something like 250mg. I still felt a bit of the effect of the tramadol when I took 3 tabs of nbome, I was fine, no negative effects, but I also take a lot of pregabalin and clonazepam, I guess that keeps me fine every time I do mixes like that.
You could take a low dose of pregabalin or clonazepam to mitigate anxiety when taking 5meoMIPT, I see it as safer than mixing it with O-DSMT.

Edit:
Never do this kind of reckless mixture, the next day I also took mdma, so you can imagine that my consumption is not responsible and what I said should not be taken as advice

Last edited:
I want to get as high as the fucking sky!
I'm a roofer and on days where we have to get shit done ill take 2-200mg extended release when I get up, hour later I'll take 300 MG of the 50mg Ultram, sip on energy drinks all day & do $3-400 worth of cocaine throughout the day & just keep rolling along, a bag of shingles feels like 5 pounds & when the day is over I cud keep goin for another day or so, that's got to be the best high I'm aware of,