• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Hi question regarding lowering of the seizure threshold. I actually binged tramadol heavily for around 7/8 years, never addicted as such just had access to it quite frequently over the years, used to dose up to 1000mg's quite a lot had quite a few seizures and a near fatal case of serotonin toxicity in that time, my lat time was a couple of years ago. Anyway my question is.. Does the threshold rebuild?I have just come across some for the first time in years and was thinking of trying 50 to 100mg with a with a 7.5mg zopiclone. I have a feeling i know the answer to this but would this be a reasonable idea? I also take 2mg buprenorphine daily. I'm thinking the zop my lower seizure risk or is that just benzos? Thanks in advance.

Hi. I’ll try to make this short. I like to experiment. I have done it up to methadone but after experiencing it, flushed the rest down the toilet. Just want to know how to make this an experience and safe.
I have in front of me 3 x 50mg vials of tramadol. And 3 syringes. As per my field of study I am capable of performing all the routes of administration. Except drip IV since I don’t have the equipment like an IV set. Hence if it’s going to be intravenous it will be directly to the vein.
I, due to other medical conditions also take:
Bupropion
Acamprosate
Diazepam
Lorazepam
Quetiapine
Pantoprazole
Udiliv
Yesterday as a sort of calibration I injected myself with 50mg IM style into my arm. I didn’t feel ANYTHING different. Good or bad.
Ok now, how can I have a safe trip?
Male-in shape-29 yo-74 kg
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi. I’ll try to make this short. I like to experiment. I have done it up to methadone but after experiencing it, flushed the rest down the toilet. Just want to know how to make this an experience and safe.
I have in front of me 3 x 50mg vials of tramadol. And 3 syringes. As per my field of study I am capable of performing all the routes of administration. Except drip IV since I don’t have the equipment like an IV set. Hence if it’s going to be intravenous it will be directly to the vein.
Bupropion
Acamprosate
Diazepam
Lorazepam
Quetiapine
Pantoprazole
Udiliv
Yesterday as a sort of calibration I injected myself with 50mg IM style into my arm. I didn’t feel ANYTHING different. Good or bad.
Thank you in advance.
So what happened ?

Bupropion
Acamprosate
Diazepam
Lorazepam
Quetiapine
Pantoprazole
Udiliv
Thank you in advance.
Be really careful with tramadol. It can cause seizures in overdose even if you've never had one before.

This happened to me and I've had many seizures since then.

Wellbutrin also gives me seizures.

Please don't combine the two! You can't undo it once you have your first seizure.

Tramadol high isn't work shooting anyway.

You're better off shooting your Wellbutrin for a buzz than tramadol. (I've seen that done).

Hoping for a bit of help - recently acquired some Tamol - X, 225mg Tramadol HCL. Normally 150mg would slap me on my backside but these.. Not so much. Anyone have an experience with them at all? They’re in a blister pack, yellow and green gel capsules..

Hoping for a bit of help - recently acquired some Tamol - X, 225mg Tramadol HCL. Normally 150mg would slap me on my backside but these.. Not so much. Anyone have an experience with them at all? They’re in a blister pack, yellow and green gel capsules..
Never heard of it but that's a giant dose 4x the normal dose

Do these pills have beads in them?

I think tramadol only comes in 50mg instant release tablets. Atleast in genuine pharma form in the US.

Anything higher is extended release and therefore the effects will be milder & more drawn out. Ironically tho, it's similar to 'stacking doses' which is the best way to take tramadol. So you should be getting more opioid metabolite from extended release. but it will be a bit milder because it's drawn out to be extended release.

guys sorry if it's already been asked but haven't found an answer...I have tramadol dexketoprofen pills can I crush it and snort?

guys sorry if it's already been asked but haven't found an answer...I have tramadol dexketoprofen pills can I crush it and snort?
What country do you live in? I've never heard of that combo. But I don't think you should crush Tramadol and snort it you want it to go through your liver first pass metabolism. No sense in trying to get it quicker into your bloodstream when you're after the metabolite. You should also space your doses roughly an hour apart you never want to take more than about 300-400mg in any 24 hour.
I'd be happy with just 50 followed by another 50 and maybe another 50 and then I'm good to go

I got no effects from tramadol whatsoever, up to 400 or 500mg but nothing. Don't think it's because of enzymatic origin as DXM and codeine worked as they should. Had no opioid tolerance to that time. O-DSMT was nice though. I read that for the pain killing effects O-DSMT isn't absolutely necessary as poor metabolizers had a similar response to extensive metabolizers but for euphoria one needs it.

I got no effects from tramadol whatsoever, up to 400 or 500mg but nothing. Don't think it's because of enzymatic origin as DXM and codeine worked as they should. Had no opioid tolerance to that time. O-DSMT was nice though. I read that for the pain killing effects O-DSMT isn't absolutely necessary as poor metabolizers had a similar response to extensive metabolizers but for euphoria one needs it.
Good to see you plumbus!

Hi question regarding lowering of the seizure threshold. I actually binged tramadol heavily for around 7/8 years, never addicted as such just had access to it quite frequently over the years, used to dose up to 1000mg's quite a lot had quite a few seizures and a near fatal case of serotonin toxicity in that time, my lat time was a couple of years ago. Anyway my question is.. Does the threshold rebuild?I have just come across some for the first time in years and was thinking of trying 50 to 100mg with a with a 7.5mg zopiclone. I have a feeling i know the answer to this but would this be a reasonable idea? I also take 2mg buprenorphine daily. I'm thinking the zop my lower seizure risk or is that just benzos? Thanks in advance.
You ain't going to feel diddly squat. Better to save the Tramadols for when you're coming off of buprenorphine

Hello guys, I found myself in a bit of a sticky situation. Basically, opioids have never really affected me well before I get a nod of oxycodone but literally just kind of falling asleep and super itchy, it doesn't feel great at all. Codeine, really high doses do nothing to me apart from making me itch like mad. But I took some tramadol whilst getting a tattoo done about a month ago, I only took 50mg, then another 50mg like 2 hours later. But getting a slight buzz from it. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, I thought I'd see if I could actually get high off of it so I take 150mg with about 40mg of Diazepam (I'm already addicted to Diaz and have a huge tolerance). But basically, it was amazing, which is weird because the vast majority of people on here say the opposite.

Anyway, this is over-the-counter available where I am currently literally a pharmacy below my apartment sells 10 50mg instant release for about $1. So I kinda fell down the rabbit hole and have started taking them every day for almost two weeks now.

I know I need to taper down off of them but I can handle that part of it. My question is, I read a lot about seizures. I personally don't think I'm prone to seizures I've cold turkeyed off 100-300mg a day diaz addiction lasting 3 years and was fine. BUT this worries me a bit as it's kind of an unknown to me. Basically, what I'm asking is, as your tolerance goes up does the seizure threshold amount go up as well? For example, it's recommended not to take over 400mg right. What if I have a huge tolerance where 400mg can just about make me feel it. Does that mean the seizure threshold dosage goes up?

Long story short - does tramadol seizure dosage potential go up as you develop a tolerance?

I ask because I've seen posts where people are taking up to 1000-1500+mg a day, so I'm thinking whaaaaat.
I am not 100% sure, but I would err on the side of caution and assume that the seizure potential goes up with dosage, even with tolerance.

I would definitely avoid combining it with any other meds or drugs that also lower the seizure threshold, like for example amphetamines or bupropion.

Hello guys, I found myself in a bit of a sticky situation. Basically, opioids have never really affected me well before I get a nod of oxycodone but literally just kind of falling asleep and super itchy, it doesn't feel great at all. Codeine, really high doses do nothing to me apart from making me itch like mad. But I took some tramadol whilst getting a tattoo done about a month ago, I only took 50mg, then another 50mg like 2 hours later. But getting a slight buzz from it. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, I thought I'd see if I could actually get high off of it so I take 150mg with about 40mg of Diazepam (I'm already addicted to Diaz and have a huge tolerance). But basically, it was amazing, which is weird because the vast majority of people on here say the opposite.

Anyway, this is over-the-counter available where I am currently literally a pharmacy below my apartment sells 10 50mg instant release for about $1. So I kinda fell down the rabbit hole and have started taking them every day for almost two weeks now.

I know I need to taper down off of them but I can handle that part of it. My question is, I read a lot about seizures. I personally don't think I'm prone to seizures I've cold turkeyed off 100-300mg a day diaz addiction lasting 3 years and was fine. BUT this worries me a bit as it's kind of an unknown to me. Basically, what I'm asking is, as your tolerance goes up does the seizure threshold amount go up as well? For example, it's recommended not to take over 400mg right. What if I have a huge tolerance where 400mg can just about make me feel it. Does that mean the seizure threshold dosage goes up?

Long story short - does tramadol seizure dosage potential go up as you develop a tolerance?

I ask because I've seen posts where people are taking up to 1000-1500+mg a day, so I'm thinking whaaaaat.
All drugs that act on the CNS lower the seizure threshold either directly or indirectly because of tolerance. You're out of the Fun Zone with Tramadol. Maybe should look into kratom

Sorry just to clarify so 1 week of moderate tramadol use 100-200mg max per day and then 1 week of going up to about 300mg per day (gradually probably only about 3 days at this dose) permanently increases my seizure threshold?
No it's not irreversible least I would be amazed if it was. It would mean I and a whole lot of other bluelighters would

Ok, so just to clarify, what you're saying is now I'm stopping taking Tramadol (today) and have never had a seizure or gone beyond 400mg. My seizure threshold is not permanently changed for example, if I cold turkey off benzos, am I more likely to have a seizure or would it be the same? Or if i took MDMA for example would it increase my chances of having a seizure because I've taken tramadol for two weeks? or are you saying no this is not the case?

Just clarifying as you're saying 'No it's not irreversible least I would be amazed if it was'. Then saying you haven't had a seizure since stopping taking it.
Yeah more or less also I've taken drugs of abuse on and off my whole life. Including periods of complete abstinence and at least one time where I attempted to get off everything initially by tapering but then jumping off a cliff. I wound up in the hospital but I did not have a seizure and at one point I was receiving Ativan which I think was key. Try not to cold turkey off benzos because that's more dangerous in terms of seizure risk and other complications. You got nothing to worry about from Tramadol exposure for 2 weeks I think it'd be riskier for opioid naive people to take a high dose of Tramadol if they didn't know what effect it had on them.

When I was completely clean & sober 10 years ago I found sone Tramadol that'd been prescribed to my dog and was going to throw it away thinking it was maybe something like Naproxen or another NSAID. Before I did I looked it up out of a peculiar presentiment and when I found out it was a legit consciousness-altering substance immediately took two (the white rectangular 50s so 100mg)
and got higher than a kite. Very unpleasant experience. I had five or six left and the best way to take them for me was half of one (25mg) the other half half an hour~45 mins later, repeated once more a few hours later. I can't do that anymore in fact I don't feel the effects of Tramadol at all. Honeymoon's over, possibly because I take kratom

My tramadol honeymoon lasted damn near 10 years.

I either cold turkeyed or tapered every month of those 10 years. Never had a seizure when doing cold turkey. But I did feel like I got pretty close to having a seizure when I pushed the tramadol dosage above 500mg. My jaw would clench, teeth would chatter & I'd have little twitches and jerks.

Spreading out your dosages can help reduce seizure risk, as I would imagine it would be more of a risk if you took a big dose at once. It also brings out more of the metabolite like darvocet said.

I'd say it's not worth it to go past the seizure threshold dose honestly.
When I used tramadol, I would start off with about 200-300mg once I'd get my script. Then I'd up to about 400-450mg and would stay there daily until I ran out & then would withdrawal and then wait for my next available script the following month. Tramadol lasted a good 8hrs or more for me, so I only needed to dose once a day. However, some times if it would wear off in the evening, I'd feel a little shitty. But it takes a bit for tolerance to grow with tramadol (as long as that's the only opioid you're using). So I felt good everyday even without pushing the dose up.

Definitely don't mix tramadol with other drugs.
Although I have experience using tramadol on the tail ends of DXM trips & meth binges, but I also had access to benzos at the time in case anything happened. I turned out alright, but it was incredibly dangerous & stupid of me.

I'd still take 400mg of tramadol over 10-20mg of hydrocodone ANY day.

Trams lost their magic after I started doing heroin & eventually buprenorphine. But I have ALOT of nostalgic memories about the times I spent on tramadol all through out my 20's. It was the best drug next heroin that I've ever tried that completely obliterated my depression & self-conscious issues. I was able to work hard & kick ass at my jobs & everything was great when I had that bottle of tramadol. Haven't had it in over a year now, so I dunno what it would do to me now. But damn, buprenorphine does not give me any of the same motivation & happiness that tramadol did.